PDA

View Full Version : Countdown to DC ship shutdown.

Jkid
Mar 15, 2003, 04:13 PM
T-minus 1 day and 8 hours until three more DC PSO ships to be shut down for good.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jkid on 2003-03-15 13:15 ]</font>

saffaya
Mar 15, 2003, 04:27 PM
which ships are you thinking of ?
Oberon is already the only US ship left.

Jkid
Mar 15, 2003, 07:29 PM
Not right now to my knowledge. But at around Tomorrow 10 AM. They will be. And I'm talking about the three other US ships besides Oberion.

Jkid
Mar 15, 2003, 07:33 PM
:UPDATE:

It's offcial,3 of the 4 ships in the US servers are now shut down. Unless you're willing to join the EU and JP players, you're better waiting for the Xbox version or getting PSO GC.

saffaya
Mar 16, 2003, 02:35 AM
It's been like 4 or 5 days since Oberon was left the only US ship.
I usually only play DC PSO on week-end, but I came online early in the week to test the connection sharing on my PC and the ships were already gone.

There are other blocks on Oberon than the first, and lots of 'E' people were already playing on JP ships for a long time.
The disappearing of the 3 US ships is more a sentimental loss than anything else. I won't stop playing DC because of that.

Muku6
Mar 16, 2003, 04:01 AM
I take it that the DC PSO ships are staying? Just curious. Don't play DC v.1 anymore, just interesting to know.

incognito32
Mar 16, 2003, 04:18 AM
On 2003-03-16 01:01, Muku6 wrote:
I take it that the DC PSO ships are staying?

so far. it supposedly depends on how many continue playing on whether they keep dreamcast online.

as long as you see the version 2 signup page (https://www.dricas.com/pso/us/signup.html?), it is probably a moderately safe assumption you can still play online. either version.

RaymondDay
Mar 20, 2003, 08:22 AM
Wow so the SEGA Dreamcast Phantasy Star Online game can still be played on Dreamcast on line? What is the cost to play on line? Same as gamecube? I have ethernet with cable modem. But only the dreamcast LAM Adapter from Japan. It don't work here in the USA I plug the ethernet cord in to my Router and no lights will come on. Is that right that the Japan LAN Adapter for Dreamcast don't work in the USA? I like to get on line with PSO for Dreamcast if you still can but I need to get a ISP for dail up then http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

-Raymond Day

rena-ko
Mar 20, 2003, 08:55 AM
hardware except the console itself is the same around the world, usually. maybe its broken?

then... v2 costs HL, but i dont know how much (not as much as v3-HL costs), since v2 is free in europe.

gallaugher
Mar 20, 2003, 11:27 AM
On 2003-03-20 05:22, RaymondDay wrote:
It don't work here in the USA I plug the ethernet cord in to my Router and no lights will come on.
-Raymond Day

I don't think the lights WILL come on until you try to connect. I couldn't get mine working with DHCP. I assigned it a static IP address & off it went. Of course, that feels like 10 years ago now!

MonkeyFunky
Mar 20, 2003, 12:32 PM
I heard that the BBA for dreamcast has to be direct from the modem, meaning no routers can be used. try that, it may just work!

R

gallaugher
Mar 20, 2003, 02:44 PM
I used mine w/a Linksys router. I later sold it to a friend that also used it with a router.

rena-ko
Mar 20, 2003, 03:31 PM
i heard that because the dc-bba only has an input for 16 characters maximum (when you enter your provider-data), some isp's wont work without a router.

saffaya
Mar 20, 2003, 04:36 PM
The dreamcast BBA fires up when PSO connects or the web browser connects (it asks you if it can).
I use my JP BBA linked to my PC, using a static local IP for the DC and another for the network card (gateway for the DC).

RaymondDay
Mar 20, 2003, 06:41 PM
I load PSO on my Dreamcast I pluged in and hooked up the BBA. In PSO I said go to webpage. It says no ISP has been set up yet. I load up Web Browser 2.0 and say "Use Your Own Internet Provider" I pick "Internet Connection" It ask for my name, user login, password. I don't use any of that to get on the internet. Then the next is "Dial Options" Why don't it do ethernet options. I guess it just does not see my BBA http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I got it from buyright.com some name like that. I will never buy from them again! I paid like $80 for it over a year ago. On ebay at that time they were going well over a 100 but they were not the Japan ones. And on buyright.com they had a photo of it and the text said it was the USA one. What I rip off! I never got it working.

JorJorMogBoi
Mar 20, 2003, 07:26 PM
Um, yeah. I've been trying to connect to the Dreamcast PSO since yesterday, and it isn't working! It logs on, but then I get the screen with rotating hexagons! Can I not even get on PSO because the US ships are down? I want my PSO, and I don't wanna buy the GCN ver (and NOT the XBox one either! x.x)

Jkid
Mar 20, 2003, 08:04 PM
Why you don't want to? Don't be afraid,tell me.

JorJorMogBoi
Mar 20, 2003, 08:31 PM
o.o Hehehee, yer funny. It's just that I don't wanna hafta pay for ANOTHER game (at full price yet!) AND a modem for Gamecube. And, I don't want the XBox one, because I dont even have access to one... and it's evil.* http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

*not to be taken seriously...sorta

gallaugher
Mar 21, 2003, 11:13 AM
On 2003-03-20 15:41, RaymondDay wrote:
I load PSO on my Dreamcast I pluged in and hooked up the BBA. In PSO I said go to webpage. It says no ISP has been set up yet. I load up Web Browser 2.0 and say "Use Your Own Internet Provider" I pick "Internet Connection" It ask for my name, user login, password. I don't use any of that to get on the internet. Then the next is "Dial Options" Why don't it do ethernet options. I guess it just does not see my BBA http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I got it from buyright.com some name like that. I will never buy from them again! I paid like $80 for it over a year ago. On ebay at that time they were going well over a 100 but they were not the Japan ones. And on buyright.com they had a photo of it and the text said it was the USA one. What I rip off! I never got it working.

This should be obvious but you need a Broad Band browser, not the dial up browser! I downloaded an iso & burned it to a disk. Good luck finding one now.