PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU Is Ouryu worth it?

THLPSC
Jun 19, 2011, 03:45 AM
Is Ouryu worth it if I do not have a Shijin.
Does it do more DPS vs har/smart without Shijin?

XbikXBd
Jun 19, 2011, 03:51 AM
i would get it now with the whole Double AMP

THLPSC
Jun 19, 2011, 04:24 AM
Ok thanks I guess I will get it and then wait to use it till I can afford the last swords for Shijin

str898mustang
Jun 19, 2011, 06:06 AM
why not just hunt the swords? or at least one of em

XbikXBd
Jun 19, 2011, 06:15 AM

this lol and if u need help let me know in psu i can help and i too am looking for a shuzak and aouryu

str898mustang
Jun 19, 2011, 06:25 AM
specially with the luck going. Last week I did 5 runs (with 3*) and got two aoryu's

THLPSC
Jun 19, 2011, 06:54 AM
this lol and if u need help let me know in psu i can help and i too am looking for a shuzak and aouryu

I will be doing that next week I need a lot of things that require AMP and there is so little time to get it. I appreciate you offering to help. Thanks both of you.

XbikXBd
Jun 19, 2011, 07:02 AM
I will be doing that next week I need a lot of things that require AMP and there is so little time to get it. I appreciate you offering to help. Thanks both of you.

on that note im running GAM now lol if u wana join my name is Greed(グリード) im in uni 3 GAM lobby waiting for my other friend.

Vent
Jun 19, 2011, 10:02 AM
I'm also curious about this myself. Nobody has answered the OP's original question; how Ouryu compares to Har/Quick without Shijin. I would also like to add the question how it compares with Har/Quick if you have a Shijin equipped.

x Aeris x
Jun 19, 2011, 10:33 AM
I'm also curious about this myself. Nobody has answered the OP's original question; how Ouryu compares to Har/Quick without Shijin. I would also like to add the question how it compares with Har/Quick if you have a Shijin equipped.

Har quick will reduce your tech by 100, which is never a good thing. Har smart would be the better option because actually less range will make masterforce slightly easier with ra spells and stuff.

Ouryu is the best head slot for a masterforce (and 99% of all classes besides you JP guys with Kevlar suits and whatnot) anytime, as it reduces pp usage from 100% to 90% and allows you to cast further. It also adds 100 tech and mst.

Ouryu is noticeably slower when casting if you have used the har units for a long time. However, the dps that comes from the ouryu is better than that of either har unit.

Har / smart // Har / quick: 33% of the casting time. (in other words 1/3 the usual time to cast a spell)

Ouryu: 50% casting time (in other words, 1/2 the original casting time.)

So in a nutshell, ouryu is the best, especially with the shijin boost.

The shijin Combo adds the following:

150 att
150 tp
75. Dfp
2. Sta
150.mst

Lastly, to answer the OP's question directly: yes the ouryu unit will produce more dps even without the shijin equipped versus that of the har units.

And, not to sound like a jerk or anything but everyone should have a shijin by now. Door to subspace can get you multiple shijins each day if you just run it.

str898mustang
Jun 19, 2011, 10:52 AM
Ouryu is worth it even without the Shijin boost.

I use one for my MF and the speed difference isn't much

It gives you 100TP and 100MST and it decreases the PP usage of your techs.

Omega-z
Jun 19, 2011, 12:22 PM
actually Ouryu is good for Defensive stat's and boost only now since the Feri / Force out perform's anything else now. 250 Tp is the same as Ouryu with boost, Feri / Force out does it when saving pp at 80% to Ouryu's 90%, it's speed is at 33% same as the Har's to Ouryu's 50%, And it's just under the spread in distance which is farther then the Ouryu. But then Ouryu does give 100 Mst + with boost and Dfp,Sta on top of that which can help MF. So it's up in air on what you choose.

gundam0079
Jun 19, 2011, 12:40 PM
Har quick will reduce your tech by 100, which is never a good thing. Har smart would be the better option because actually less range will make masterforce slightly easier with ra spells and stuff.

Ouryu is the best head slot for a masterforce (and 99% of all classes besides you JP guys with Kevlar suits and whatnot) anytime, as it reduces pp usage from 100% to 90% and allows you to cast further. It also adds 100 tech and mst.

Ouryu is noticeably slower when casting if you have used the har units for a long time. However, the dps that comes from the ouryu is better than that of either har unit.

Har / smart // Har / quick: 33% of the casting time. (in other words 1/3 the usual time to cast a spell)

Ouryu: 50% casting time (in other words, 1/2 the original casting time.)

So in a nutshell, ouryu is the best, especially with the shijin boost.

The shijin Combo adds the following:

150 att
150 tp
75. Dfp
2. Sta
150.mst

Lastly, to answer the OP's question directly: yes the ouryu unit will produce more dps even without the shijin equipped versus that of the har units.

And, not to sound like a jerk or anything but everyone should have a shijin by now. Door to subspace can get you multiple shijins each day if you just run it.

Ok so how would ome get a shinjin in subspace.

x Aeris x
Jun 19, 2011, 12:42 PM

Well you get dragon scales from Dragon Sakai.

I've seen 9 scales in a single day before. Then obviously just buy the swords. It doesn't get easier then that.

gundam0079
Jun 19, 2011, 12:44 PM
Oh well yah then lol. Thought you were meaning that shinjin actually dropped there. I was like O.O lol

x Aeris x
Jun 19, 2011, 12:48 PM
Yeah I should have been more clear on that part.

On a side note: I forgot most people here are on JP lol, I don't use these forums hardly ever.

Apparently that new Feri / Force is the way to go. But I am wondering if it would really out damage the shijin combo. I'll run some tests later.

THLPSC
Jun 19, 2011, 12:50 PM
Yeah I should have been more clear on that part.

On a side note: I forgot most people here are on JP lol, I don't use these forums hardly ever.

Apparently that new Feri / Force is the way to go. But I am wondering if it would really out damage the shijin combo. I'll run some tests later.
It would.

Id run the new gam mission as you can get other stuff while working towards Dragon Scales. Such as photon fluges, boosters,demon hearts..etc etc
Just solo on C your get 70 amp every 4-5minutes

pikachief
Jun 19, 2011, 01:53 PM
Speaking of Ouryu I just got one (since i had 1,000 AMP so why not! lol) and currently im using it on my cast for some MST lol :P

It's good to know now that its better than a har / quick even without the armor, but now i gotta find those swords! Well after another 1,000 AMP for my 4th dragon scale and some GAS upgrades :)

Vent
Jun 19, 2011, 04:13 PM
So it's up in air on what you choose.

Depends on if you can get your hands on both. ^^;

Still, thanks for the answers.

How's Feri / Force's drop rate? One could just spam the first room of Ohtori Encampment S3 for Hiru Vol, but when would it drop. <_<

indescribably
Jun 19, 2011, 04:34 PM
FYI

Used shijin ohryu combo + 10/10 rutsu casting rafoie lvl 50 on 180 boomas and i hit 4866 consistently.

Used shijin and feri force + 10/10 rutsu casting raoie lvl 50 on 180 boomas and i hit 4866 exactly the same.

The only difference is the other stat boosts shijin ohryu set bonus gives you, and the range and cast speed that feri force gives you. But since rutsu has no variance, i can tell that the damage was no difference -- it was exactly the same.

THLPSC
Jun 19, 2011, 04:38 PM
FYI

Used shijin ohryu combo + 10/10 rutsu casting rafoie lvl 50 on 180 boomas and i hit 4866 consistently.

Used shijin and feri force + 10/10 rutsu casting raoie lvl 50 on 180 boomas and i hit 4866 exactly the same.

The only difference is the other stat boosts shijin ohryu set bonus gives you, and the range and cast speed that feri force gives you. But since rutsu has no variance, i can tell that the damage was no difference -- it was exactly the same.

Faster Casting = More DPS = Better

indescribably
Jun 19, 2011, 04:40 PM
I'm aware of that. I'm just making a refernce, that there is no damage difference between the two units, so long as shijin is the armor that is being used.

x Aeris x
Jun 19, 2011, 05:25 PM
Wow, I didn't think they would be the same!

Personally though, I would use ouryu to get the extra goodies with the shijin.

I just don't see there being much dps difference between 33% casting time and 50% especially with a rod.

milranduil
Jun 19, 2011, 06:55 PM
Ohryu is going to actually be better due to jumble of other DFP/EVP/STA you get from the combo. It often means the difference between taking damage or 0, along with getting knocked down vs. not.

indescribably
Jun 19, 2011, 08:41 PM
ohryu is better IMO bec of the other stat boosts, and i over hit anyway with atk range + sometimes so the added range isn't necessary. but TP wise, they're equal. ;<

str898mustang
Jun 19, 2011, 09:31 PM
Well I'm sticking with Feri/Force. It's 250tp boost plus another 115tp boost from the Baji combo which is fine for me. Plus I dont feel like spending another 1000 AMP on Ohryu again.

x Aeris x
Jun 19, 2011, 09:35 PM
Well I'm sticking with Feri/Force. It's 250tp boost plus another 115tp boost from the Baji combo which is fine for me. Plus I dont feel like spending another 1000 AMP on Ohryu again.

LAZY!!! >_>

You JP guys have all those new amp runs, heck even I can get 1k amp from SS/R in no time!

Mystic_Nessly
Jun 19, 2011, 11:13 PM
It may do more damage over time than Har/quick, but it's just too slow. I'll make a video tomorrow after the servers revive. You mostly notice it on spells like Giresta/buffs/Ras/Gis. For techer classes, I would ONLY recommend it when used with the armor for the +250 tech boost. Only then will the damage increase be significant enough to warrant the decrease in speed. The 10% PP decrease is nice, but barely noticeable.

For other classes, however, it makes a nice head unit (+100 mentality bonus).

To me, giving faster support and getting that last heal in before an ally's death is more important than dealing a little more damage. Besides, faster casting is much more fun.

Resanoca
Jun 19, 2011, 11:15 PM
LAZY!!! >_>

You JP guys have all those new amp runs, heck even I can get 1k amp from SS/R in no time!

Good for you, kiddo!

GlacialTerror
Jun 19, 2011, 11:29 PM
You get 120 amp for doing ohtori on s3 right now....

Resanoca
Jun 19, 2011, 11:30 PM
Yay for us! :D

milranduil
Jun 19, 2011, 11:47 PM
Good for you, kiddo!

What are you 40? >_> we aren't your kids...

Resanoca
Jun 19, 2011, 11:50 PM
What are you 40? >_> we aren't your kids...

God forbid you be my kid. I wonder if it's too late to... Nah, it's never too late.

milranduil
Jun 19, 2011, 11:50 PM
It was too late when you were born, kthxbai.

Resanoca
Jun 19, 2011, 11:54 PM
It was too late when you were born, kthxbai.That's what she said!

Mystic_Nessly
Jun 20, 2011, 08:47 PM
Har Quick vs Ouryu Masterforce Speed Test Comparison

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5H_CFp4v_c

Top left is Har/Quick with rated 33% normal casting speed. Bottom right is Ouryu with rated 50% normal casting speed. Both were recorded using a Masterforce.

By 0:25, exactly 15 casts were made with Har/Quick, and 14 casts were made with Ouryu.

Midori Oku
Jun 20, 2011, 09:02 PM
Why make Ra-techs even more useless? Ouryu is the way to go.

Feri/Force = horrible unit for FT

str898mustang
Jun 20, 2011, 09:48 PM
Why make Ra-techs even more useless? Ouryu is the way to go.

Feri/Force = horrible unit for FT

people still play fT?

Feri/Force is the same damage as the Shijin + Ouryu bonus when it comes to TP.

hm....Go ahead and use my 46%+ Baji Senba (which also gives me a 115tp boost) or bust my ass spamming Ohtori and White Beast to get another set of Shijins? hm......I'll stick with Baji's. Shijins are going to my PT.

GlacialTerror
Jun 20, 2011, 09:50 PM
Why are Ra- spells useless?

str898mustang
Jun 20, 2011, 09:53 PM
Why are Ra- spells useless?

I'll use Ramegid frequently in WB but Rafoie, Razonde, and Rabarta...I dont use them much. Only reason my Radiga is capped is b/c the enemies from "Like a Dream" always bunched up together.

Midori Oku
Jun 20, 2011, 10:03 PM
people still play fT?

Feri/Force is the same damage as the Shijin + Ouryu bonus when it comes to TP.

I am guessing some do because of the Ra-tech limit breaks.

Anyways, the damage may be the same but if you have Attack Range+ lvl 2 with it, you will have a really hard time hitting shit with Ra-techs.