PDA

View Full Version : Irista Spellstone

xxmadplayerxx
Jun 20, 2011, 12:24 AM
Has anyone found one of these, i am just starting to hunt it .

On the Xbox Servers that is, running Echoes

Iritista Spellstone

BIG OLAF
Jun 20, 2011, 12:26 AM
One of my friends has, yes.

Ishia
Jun 20, 2011, 12:27 AM
Yes, I have. The Din de Bel is quite fun to use.

xxmadplayerxx
Jun 20, 2011, 12:32 AM
Yes, I have. The Din de Bel is quite fun to use.

One of my friends has, yes.

Very good news. Thanks, the hunt is on! =)

iiiTz SHiNoBiii
Jun 20, 2011, 08:53 AM
can anyone confirm if the Irista Spellstone comes out on any rank? or just on S3.

DPShiro
Jun 20, 2011, 09:42 AM
can anyone confirm if the Irista Spellstone comes out on any rank? or just on S3.

S3 only.

iiiTz SHiNoBiii
Jun 20, 2011, 11:22 AM
S3 only.

ok thanks bro,I was wondering becuase on psupedia it sais its a boss drop:-? and i was like that can be i have spammed s rank like crazy still none seen lol ok back to S3 then:whip:

EspioKaos
Jun 20, 2011, 11:34 AM
ok thanks bro,I was wondering becuase on psupedia it sais its a boss drop:-? and i was like that can be i have spammed s rank like crazy still none seen lol ok back to S3 then:whip:
You may need to do a hard refresh in your browser for our mission page. Someone mistakenly added it to the special drops column, but it was corrected very soon after and has been listed as an S3 drop since Friday.

By the way, if anyone gets an Iritista Spellstone and would like to help us localize the PSUPedia with the correct English description for the item, please feel free to post the exact description as it appears in-game here. Thanks! (Also verify the English name in case they changed something.)

iiiTz SHiNoBiii
Jun 20, 2011, 11:43 AM
You may need to do a hard refresh in your browser for our mission page. Someone mistakenly added it to the special drops column, but it was corrected very soon after and has been listed as an S3 drop since Friday.

By the way, if anyone gets an Iritista Spellstone and would like to help us localize the PSUPedia with the correct English description for the item, please feel free to post the exact description as it appears in-game here. Thanks! (Also verify the English name in case they changed something.)

Yeah i searched it up the night the mission came out since then haven't checked to see if it was fixed but thanks for the heads up also. I also think the item is extremely low on its drop rate becuase i have yet to see one drop even with the spamming of S3 i have done lately. Mayby my luck is just bad lol but i'll post you the description when i get one if i do get one though...lol

DPShiro
Jun 20, 2011, 11:52 AM
Yeah i searched it up the night the mission came out since then haven't checked to see if it was fixed but thanks for the heads up also. I also think the item is extremely low on its drop rate becuase i have yet to see one drop even with the spamming of S3 i have done lately. Mayby my luck is just bad lol but i'll post you the description when i get one if i do get one though...lol

It's insanely hard. I've been spamming that misson since we unlocked it, and not a single one yet.

iiiTz SHiNoBiii
Jun 20, 2011, 12:01 PM
It's insanely hard. I've been spamming that misson since we unlocked it, and not a single one yet.

i know right, i'm almost at my limit today lol but if i stop i guess i wont see it.I actually think its harder then dragon scale was on Protector becuase even i saw those drop but dang Irista S.S. is on another level of difficulty lol:-x

JFKdj
Jun 20, 2011, 12:03 PM

Iritista Spellstone
A mysterious ore that burns with rainbow flames. Required to complete a certain weapon.

bloodflowers
Jun 20, 2011, 12:43 PM
Sega really don't have a clue when it comes to drop rates. You want to encourage people, not discourage them.

desturel
Jun 20, 2011, 12:59 PM
I've seen two drop over the course of about 200 runs of Echoes this weekend, so the drop rate isn't "good", but it's not [b] Agito Repca bad.

bloodflowers
Jun 20, 2011, 01:12 PM
I've seen two drop over the course of about 200 runs of Echoes this weekend, so the drop rate isn't "good", but it's not [b] Agito Repca bad.

Anecdotal evidence suggests you've been extremely lucky seeing two of them in 200 runs.

desturel
Jun 20, 2011, 01:18 PM
Anecdotal evidence suggests you've been extremely lucky seeing two of them in 200 runs.

When compared to the [b] Agito Repca hunts of days of yor (and even in this event), I still consider that a monumental drop rate increase even by anecdotal standards.

For example:
1. How many runs of True Darkness have you done?
2. How many runs of Innocent Girl?
3. How many runs of Seed Awakening?
4. How many runs of Dark Satellite?
5. How many runs of World of Illusion?
etc

Total all of those up and divide by how many [b] Agito Repca you have seen.

DPShiro
Jun 20, 2011, 01:26 PM

I have found several [B] Agito Repca, but no Irista yet.
And consider yourself lucky

iiiTz SHiNoBiii
Jun 20, 2011, 01:32 PM
Sega really don't have a clue when it comes to drop rates. You want to encourage people, not discourage them.

I feel the same its bad enough its account bound why make them so hard to drop?
Who knows what there thinking...

BIG OLAF
Jun 20, 2011, 01:45 PM
Nothing worse than seeing an account-bound item go to someone else after you've been grinding for days.

desturel
Jun 20, 2011, 01:48 PM
I have found several [B] Agito Repca, but no Irista yet.
And consider yourself lucky

Several during this event or several during all of your years playing PSU?

DPShiro
Jun 20, 2011, 02:15 PM
Several during this event or several during all of your years playing PSU?

5 from event so far, and around 8-9 before, back in the days when i hunted them :)

iiiTz SHiNoBiii
Jun 20, 2011, 06:27 PM
Nothing worse than seeing an account-bound item go to someone else after you've been grinding for days.

Agreed 100%

Noc Codez
Jun 20, 2011, 06:30 PM
Wow... the drop rate on these are just horrible... welp back to MGS4... yea I know I'm late.. :D

Sham wow
Jun 20, 2011, 06:36 PM
I did five runs and got one.

iiiTz SHiNoBiii
Jun 20, 2011, 07:53 PM
I did five runs and got one.

...is there really people that lucky?...

BIG OLAF
Jun 20, 2011, 08:00 PM
...is there really people that lucky?...

RNG drop rates will give the illusion of luck, but it's all completely random. I've done many Echoes runs, and have yet to see one.

Retri
Jun 20, 2011, 08:39 PM
Got one around my 15th run with 2*, haven't seen another, I've done a ton since. It drops in the top right box.

Slayer76
Jun 20, 2011, 10:53 PM
My first run on friday i saw my friend get one. I've ran roughly 150 runs since then and another has yet to drop. Its as bad as the demonheart.

xxmadplayerxx
Jun 21, 2011, 05:36 AM
Still no luck at finding one, however im looking forward to buying one with AMP, with a future update to the RSD Trading Station. xD

desturel
Jun 21, 2011, 08:47 AM
I did one run this morning before heading out to work with a semi random party (one of my Euro friends asked for help in Echos because his group was in his words "trash") and I saw another one drop. So about 500 runs total (I've been cycling through the three runs with various groups) and I've see three drop. I have zero myself though.

I still think it's not as bad as you guys are trying to make it out. I know some of you use to play before AotI, so you have to remember those drop rates. This is practically a waterfall in comparison to the slow drip of the before times. Even in the now times I can think of several things that are harder drops (Vijeri / Resist being one of them).

DPShiro
Jun 21, 2011, 09:15 AM
I did one run this morning before heading out to work with a semi random party (one of my Euro friends asked for help in Echos because his group was in his words "trash") and I saw another one drop. So about 500 runs total (I've been cycling through the three runs with various groups) and I've see three drop. I have zero myself though.

I still think it's not as bad as you guys are trying to make it out. I know some of you use to play before AotI, so you have to remember those drop rates. This is practically a waterfall in comparison to the slow drip of the before times. Even in the now times I can think of several things that are harder drops (Vijeri / Resist being one of them).

Vijeri / Resist is by far an easier drop, at least for me.

Cleptomaniac
Jun 22, 2011, 09:11 PM
It took me 271 runs for my vijeri and I did another 300 after that without seeing another...
I've seen 1 spellstone so far and I didn't get it. :(

Rogue Doll
Jun 23, 2011, 03:32 PM
Ran it 4-5 times in the morning with a friend it dropped he got it. Then later in the day ran it about 30 times and no drop. :-?

DPShiro
Jun 23, 2011, 04:44 PM
273 runs so far and not one Irista Spellstone.
Seriously, i could have bought several with AMP during that time.

pikachief
Jun 23, 2011, 06:09 PM
Vijeri / Resist is by far an easier drop, at least for me.

I did 250 runs before i found out the drop rates were weird, (but i think vejeri still dropped just not the other stuff like Storm) and then after they fixed it I did another 300 then just gave up :/

Idk whats easier though because you can hunt these in a party during this event, other vijeri u are garunteed to get it when it dropped :P

(not to say u just cant solo for this too loL)

Retri
Jun 24, 2011, 04:48 PM
Got my second one on 2 star again, I ran a ton this week with 3 star, and nothing but Grand cross boards, Black heart boards, note seeds or the odd Ganna line dropped in that box :-/

DPShiro
Jun 24, 2011, 05:25 PM
Got my second one on 2 star again, I ran a ton this week with 3 star, and nothing but Grand cross boards, Black heart boards, note seeds or the odd Ganna line dropped in that box :-/

Were you in a party or playing solo?

Retri
Jun 25, 2011, 03:25 AM
I got them both on solo runs lucky enough, not seen any in party runs.

Orlando
Jun 25, 2011, 05:02 AM
wow, i'll start to solo that mission :o

DPShiro
Jun 25, 2011, 05:32 AM
I got them both on solo runs lucky enough, not seen any in party runs.

So far i've soloed 296 times, and still nothing :(

reese087
Jun 25, 2011, 07:51 PM
This is just crazy, I've haven't seen any item (Spell Stone, Demonheart or PF). I've lost count of runs. I normally run at the very least 3 hours a day though. :( this is beyond horrible.

GeordieP
Jun 26, 2011, 10:29 AM
As far as drops go this is the worst event to date.

iiiTz SHiNoBiii
Jun 26, 2011, 11:00 AM
This is just crazy, I've haven't seen any item (Spell Stone, Demonheart or PF). I've lost count of runs. I normally run at the very least 3 hours a day though. :( this is beyond horrible.

same here i gave up and I'm leveling a new character lol.
I also think there is a secret to certain drops sort of like in PSO with the section id but here its hidden.
lol its just speculation so no one has to believe me but my main character never gets anything or sees anything good drop he only sees the same boss boxes over and over sort of like hes glitched that's why i got tired of soloing with him on S3.
But my new character tends to get everything and see things drop that my other character could not lol:confused:.

VexedEyes
Jul 12, 2011, 08:20 PM

I've actually seen and got an repca [B]. Irista still seems to illude me.

desturel
Jul 12, 2011, 08:41 PM
I've actually seen and got an repca [B]. Irista still seems to illude me.

I don't know whether I'm lucky or not. I saw my 5th one drop a few days ago and I still don't have any for myself. I would stop running in groups, but it's people I know who are getting them so I don't feel as bad.

Midori Oku
Jul 12, 2011, 09:22 PM
I don't know whether I'm lucky or not. I saw my 5th one drop a few days ago and I still don't have any for myself. I would stop running in groups, but it's people I know who are getting them so I don't feel as bad.

You are very lucky. I have done over 700 runs now and I have not even seen one drop. :-(

DPShiro
Jul 13, 2011, 04:49 AM
I have now passed 600+ runs and still only one Irista Spellstone.

Slayer76
Jul 13, 2011, 09:55 AM
You are very lucky. I have done over 700 runs now and I have not even seen one drop. :-(

I'm in the same boat as you midori

darkante
Jul 13, 2011, 10:01 AM
Sounds like they hardly want people to get the materials.
Kinda reminds me of that craze for that Spread Needle/G i remembered on the old PS2/PC server.

I could never commit to that length.
Ironically, i could afford one not too long after. :O

desturel
Jul 14, 2011, 10:28 AM
Kinda reminds me of that craze for that Spread Needle/G i remembered on the old PS2/PC server

It's very different from the SN/G. With the spread needle, the people who desired it the most were guaranteed to receive it. With the Iritista, no matter how much you may want it and how many times you may run/how much work you put into it, you aren't guaranteed to receive it. I think a better comparison are the hit the counter awards of various events. Even then, if you are desperate enough to hit the counter, you can get a good idea of how fast the kill count is rising and attempt to start a run when you believe you'll get the required kill.

But, I'm still not convinced this is the hardest drop ever. I've seen more Spellstone Iritista in this event than I've seen of:
Par Ork (none)
Armas Line (none)
Red Line (none)
Germinus Gun (two)
Twin Falclaw board (one)
Twin Falclaw (none)
Agito Repca (none)
Any ceran (none)
Hyakka (none)
Lumirus Power Charge (none, but I've done relatively few runs of Dimma, so I can't really complain)
etc
etc
etc

Now I know the ceran is most likely glitched. I'm not sure if the Par Ork is glitched or not, but with the drop rate of this event in general, unless you were looking to stock up on Howrod boards, Blackheart, Needle Cannons, Grand Cross or Note Seeds you are probably coming away disappointed no matter how hard you tried.

darkante
Jul 14, 2011, 12:21 PM
Yeah, i know it were based on dedication of time versus luck.
I just took the first thing that came up on my mind.

Specially since i never had the time to commit.