PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Random Parties

THLPSC
Jun 20, 2011, 09:46 AM
Today I decided to take a break from running the new GAM on JP PSU and decided to do some runs on Xbox PSU. So I decided to join a random party because it was early and none of my friends were on. It took me about 10mins or so to get into a party and when I did get into one I was amazed at how drastically random party players skill level has declined. The party I joined had one MGG that was using light bullet pa , and another player decided that the best pa to use was rafoie throughout the whole mission , and finally we had a fortefighter that decided to use a single pistol throughout a majority of the mission.
My question is
1.When did this decline in player skill level start to take place?

It could have just been a fluke but I doubt it as I joined another party right after full of MGGs. Sad day PSU, sad day.

yankees11
Jun 20, 2011, 09:54 AM
Ouch thats a bite right out of your day.

devilstar
Jun 20, 2011, 11:08 AM
That's why I tend to run solos, I'm still a noob big time. I'm learning but its hard to find good info.

desturel
Jun 20, 2011, 01:13 PM
You ran into a party of people who are leveling their Photon Arts. Well except for the MGGer. If you want a speed party, look for the people spamming "SE S3 180 Yohmei MF only LB req W4I" or something along those lines.

As for me, Seabed echos is easy enough to solo that I don't see the need to join a group. 10 minutes solo. 8 minutes duo. In a group of 4 you can get it down to probably 5~6 minutes if everyone knows where all of the spawns appear. Personally if I do join a random group, I don't care if the other members are leveling their photon arts. As I mentioned, the mission is easy enough. I would have a problem with the glitcher, but I'd just leave the party and go back to soloing.

RagolianHunter
Jun 20, 2011, 01:27 PM
Did you check PA levels?

Could just be that the pistoler and the rafoie guy were leveling those PA's.

Now the MMG that is just lame and I won't even try to help his lame azz.

I too have had many scrub parties and prefer to run with my usual mates but you never know they could have been PA leveling.

bloodflowers
Jun 20, 2011, 02:45 PM
With the longer term players retreating into private parties and quiet universes due to the 'demo noob' types who came to PSU en masse, there's not as many people for the ones who do want to learn, to learn from.

Most don't care that they're rubbish and disruptive though.

devilstar
Jun 20, 2011, 05:41 PM
Yup, that's kinda what I'm waiting for, someone to show me the ropes, but I'm not the type to just join random parties and get in the way. First mmo I've ever played where I prefer solo to avoid the 12 year olds who have no clue. I'm sure eventually I'll run into some folks and form a crew of sorts...

Had a kid tell me last night that scamming was the best way to get rich... He didn't last long in my party.

If anyone wants to take a noob under their wing I'm more than willing ;)

Noc Codez
Jun 20, 2011, 06:25 PM
If anyone wants to take a noob under their wing I'm more than willing ;)

If you need any advice on how to play.. look me up iv'e been playing PSU since Release date. I'm one of the last PSU players from that era.. lol anyway you can mssg my GT Noc Codez.

devilstar
Jun 20, 2011, 10:08 PM
Appreciate it man. That'll help a lot.

Rogue Doll
Jun 25, 2011, 02:07 AM
If it was one of the new event missions you were running. That person could have been using a handgun because creatures die so quickly with a full party, they were trying to get at least one hit on everything.

Ithildin
Jun 25, 2011, 08:16 AM
In this event it really doesn't matter if players are using low skills as its so easy. Also, players with generally low PAs are at higher levels because of the exp boost.

THLPSC
Jun 25, 2011, 08:45 AM
If it was one of the new event missions you were running. That person could have been using a handgun because creatures die so quickly with a full party, they were trying to get at least one hit on everything.

Doubt it

Rekreant
Jun 25, 2011, 12:31 PM
The fact of the matter is that PSU doesnt FEEL like an MMO. Thus, people arent compelled to spend hours a day reading forums and guides online to learn how to play as they would for say, World of Warcraft. Half of playing a game for me is doing the research on how to be a BAMF or at the very least to learn the most efficient way of leveling.

Obviously right now the event is great for xp/mp/meseta kinda. I had to find other people before I learned of its existence. Now Im also on the JP servers and it seems there is no event so leveling is so ungodly slow it hurts. Of course I might just not have the right information, but sadly my japanese is at about what an anime fans' would be.

I guess the point I am trying to make is that the information is out there, you just need to understand how to process it. This forum coupled with PSUpedia.info will take you from mediocre to great. Then I reccomend looking up some of the videos that a dude named Jake does on youtube. He is also a member of these forums. These videos are good because you can actually see top end players playing optimally. Emulation is just as good as understanding ^^.

bloodflowers
Jun 25, 2011, 06:35 PM
That sounds like a Youtube channel I'd want to look at - got a link to one of them?

Ishia
Jun 25, 2011, 06:38 PM
Jake is Milandruil, right?

BIG OLAF
Jun 25, 2011, 06:45 PM

He is usually referred to as "Bobby", so I doubt it.

Nereid
Jun 25, 2011, 06:46 PM

It sure is.

DeltaViolet+
Jun 25, 2011, 07:02 PM
We call him Blob.

Rekreant
Jun 25, 2011, 07:16 PM
It sure is.

Yeah I double checked youtube and that is the person, or at least one of the people in the group.

bloodflowers
Jun 25, 2011, 07:33 PM
Ah, already subscribed in that case

bupjo
Jun 25, 2011, 08:06 PM
i'm amazed ppl think PSU requires any skill at all. back in the day when PSU was challenging (before AoTI), one could say it required some skill, but the game is so easy that again, i find it laughable ppl think this game as it is require any real skill at all.

Nereid
Jun 25, 2011, 08:16 PM
It's never required any skill to just complete missions, even when the game was 'hard'. It does require skill to not be awful, but I guess skill could be brains in that situation.

Dragwind
Jun 27, 2011, 05:11 PM
You can chalk up such behavior to random players not really caring much about the objectives of other players they don't know. You can also partially blame the PA leveling system, though I feel that should be something done on your own time (again, random players not knowing you don't really care).

I've had better results hosting my own parties with general instructions to use decent PAs, appropriate elements + weapons if I want missions done faster. PSU hasn't so much become a game of skill, but more of speed.

TheFloppinater
Jun 29, 2011, 03:56 AM
I'd be willing to help you. I have a solid group of friends who would help too. Just add me on XBL: THE FLOPPINATER

pikachief
Jun 29, 2011, 10:03 AM
i'm amazed ppl think PSU requires any skill at all. back in the day when PSU was challenging (before AoTI), one could say it required some skill, but the game is so easy that again, i find it laughable ppl think this game as it is require any real skill at all.

eehh i don't think the game ever needed skill. it's almost like playing any turn based RPG, but without any strategies. enemies too hard? lvl up more and find better equipment! :P u just run around and spam X and Y no matter what the mission is pretty much, just with different weapons and PAs :P

But I do remember back when Vahras could out run you :D that was fun

BIG OLAF
Jun 29, 2011, 10:39 AM

This link is for you. (http://psu.system11.org/blog/?p=1349)

EDIT: Since the official SEGA forums are down, the links on that page are broken at the moment, but you don't really need to read them.

pikachief
Jun 29, 2011, 12:29 PM
I didn't read all of it, but we all know that skill is just a magical source that has different variants and enters into people's lives at different times. If you learn to master something, that type of skill will find you worthy and enter you! :O

Sadly there is no such type of magical force relating to PSU :( /sillyness

Of course I believe skill is of 1 of 2 things.

1. An acquired attribute given to those who excel at a particular task or field. Good at Time attack? Really good at Time Attacking? Well, you might even be able to say that you're SKILLED AT TIME ATTACKING? D: I'm skilled at killing pannons. Because I have learned the art of killing pannons and mastered it! PANNONS!! FEAR ME!!

2. Skills are photon arts for Striking weapons.