PDA

View Full Version : The Grea Arms Race site

dias_flac_0g
Jun 21, 2011, 11:12 AM
I know Sega got "haxed" and I know the actual PSU site id down, but I was wondering is the official GAR site still up?

I would really like to check our progress in our current event, and see what cool things we have unlocked already :)

THLPSC
Jun 21, 2011, 11:13 AM
http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/event/makerrace2011/en/
It is still up because it is on JP Servers not ours.

BIG OLAF
Jun 21, 2011, 11:13 AM
It's all fine and dandy. Here's the link. (http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/event/makerrace2011/en/)

dias_flac_0g
Jun 21, 2011, 11:18 AM

Thanks, yea I figured that was the reason.

Soo GRM is winning? I was sure that Yohmei would dominate this event lol.

BIG OLAF
Jun 21, 2011, 11:22 AM
The 3 companies keep it very close, since whoever is in last place gets a "Boost Time" (increased points) every so often.

Cleptomaniac
Jun 21, 2011, 01:26 PM
I'm pretty sure whoever gets "Boost Time" on the last day is going to win the event.

BIG OLAF
Jun 21, 2011, 02:00 PM
I'm pretty sure whoever gets "Boost Time" on the last day is going to win the event.

Most likely. Whichever company gets the very last "Boost Time" may very well win. But, it all depends on how much of a lead the 1st place team has.

desturel
Jun 21, 2011, 02:14 PM
Soo GRM is winning? I was sure that Yohmei would dominate this event lol.

Yohmei is dominating the event in terms of total creature kills, however boost time makes it so that GRM and Tenora can keep in the running. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. If it just went by how many creatures were killed, then Yohmei would be so far in the lead that people linked with other manufacturers might have given up on the event by now.

yankees11
Jun 21, 2011, 02:16 PM

JP servers FTW

BIG OLAF
Jun 21, 2011, 02:21 PM
Yohmei is dominating the event in terms of total creature kills, however boost time makes it so that GRM and Tenora can keep in the running. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. If it just went by how many creatures were killed, then Yohmei would be so far in the lead that people linked with other manufacturers might have given up on the event by now.

I think the way they have it all set up is quite fair. It's pretty much anyone's game, which is great. I thought Tenora was going to be leagues and leagues behind Yohmei and GRM, but that's not the case (so far..).

Cleptomaniac
Jun 21, 2011, 03:04 PM

Where did you get this information from?

pikachief
Jun 21, 2011, 03:40 PM

Idk if they're dominating, but they are second place close behind GRM with the smallest boost, so if their boosts were all the same they'd be in 1st :)

bloodflowers
Jun 21, 2011, 04:31 PM
Seems a shame that the event specifically rewards being lazy and abusing boost time. It really is a roll of the dice like this, and may bear no relation to which team put the most effort in when it finishes.

Lucky the weapons were so awful that it doesn't matter that much.

Quatre52
Jun 21, 2011, 07:22 PM
Seems a shame that the event specifically rewards being lazy and abusing boost time. It really is a roll of the dice like this, and may bear no relation to which team put the most effort in when it finishes.

Lucky the weapons were so awful that it doesn't matter that much.

Do to uneven numbers, it was never really about who put in the most effort.

LastAyleidKing
Jun 22, 2011, 01:06 PM
So I've been gone a few months busy with life stuff Im unsure as to what we on US 360 servers are getting weapon-wise are we getting the rifle,wand, axe (I want rifle lol)
Or are we getting bazooka, book/wand, spear? cause I've been hoping to get the rifle regardless of whether grm wins but now it looks like we get crap compared to japan again

BIG OLAF
Jun 22, 2011, 01:11 PM
Or are we getting bazooka, book/wand, spear?

These.

desturel
Jun 22, 2011, 01:29 PM

Simple mathematics.

Let's figure this out for a second. I'll use one run for example:

Seabed Echoes.

This run has 100 creatures.

For most of the event Yohmei has had an average boost of 2.8 (the lowest I remember is 2.5 on the first day and the highest was 2.9 recently, but 2.8 is what the boost was at for the longest period of time). So for every 100 creatures killed, Yohmei runners get 280 (100 x 2.8 ) points.

For most of the event GRM has had an average boost of 3.0 (The lowest I've seen is 3.0, the highest was 3.3, but 3.0 is the number you've seen for GRM for the past week), so for every 100 creatures killed Yohmei runners get 300 (100 x 3.0) points.

So for Yohmei to have the same score as GRM, they have to kill 108 creatures for every 100 GRM kills. (with the new 2.9 boost it's 104 creatures for every 100 that GRM kills, but again, I'm talking about the average for the event so far)

Also the Boost time is a 4x boost so while GRM people get 1200 points (100 x 3.0 x 4) for every 100 kills in boost time, Yohmei people 1120 points for every 100 kills (100 x 2.8 x 4) in boost time. That's where the real inequality starts.

Now you can also factor in that Yohmei normally only gets a boost time in the wee hours of the morning (3 or 4am EST the two time I've noticed it), they have less people on running during the boost, so the numbers are even more skewed in favor of GRM (who had a prime time boost two days ago from 9pm until midnight) and Tenora (who get's boost time every few hours since they need it to keep out of the deepest darkest cellar).

The only times Tenora has taken a lead has been after a prime time (which I consider from 3pm to midnight eastern. The time when the largest number of people are playing) boost time where there are more people running, thus a greater level of boost points awarded. GRM has fallen into third thanks to Tenora boost time and has, as a result, received a "prime time" boost time thanks to Tenora's previous boost time. Yohmei has not, received a "prime time" boost since the first weekend of Seabed Echoes, so the Yohmei point total is less "tinkered with" than the GRM point total and Tenora's point total completely inflated in relative terms to the number of creatures killed.

If you sit back and think about it, it's not even close. The fact that Yohmei reclaims the lead after boost time wears off although they have the lowest multiplier should have been enough of a clue, but hopefully this explanation shows "Where I got this information from".

LastAyleidKing
Jun 22, 2011, 01:31 PM
wow so we cant ever get the rifle?

desturel
Jun 22, 2011, 01:31 PM
wow so we cant ever get the rifle?

Not until Sega feels like releasing it.

LastAyleidKing
Jun 22, 2011, 01:35 PM
So basically never for us U.S. people...that figures like everything else SEGA does we get the butt end of their glory/items/events

desturel
Jun 22, 2011, 01:51 PM
So basically never for us U.S. people...that figures like everything else SEGA does we get the butt end of their glory/items/events

Who knows, they could surprise us and give everyone two items at the end of this event. One is the stat modded Kubara item and one would be an unmodded event item. I know that's wishful thinking, but you could wind up with the Bazooka and Rifle at the end of the event.

Of course I would suspect that would piss off even more people since there may be people who switched manufactures once they saw what the prizes were.

Anyway, my point is that we won't know until it happens.

THLPSC
Jun 22, 2011, 01:54 PM
We will likely never see any of the original weapons from the great arms race.