PDA

View Full Version : Sonic's Birthday!

momonpso
Jun 23, 2011, 10:44 AM
I just wanted to remind everyone that today is Sonic's birthday celebration on PSU. Make sure you log in and shout out "HAPPY BIRTHDAY SONIC!". Also, be sure to keep a lookout for the speedy little blue hedgehog while you are playing the game. :)

KoNeko1192
Jun 23, 2011, 01:10 PM
Any hints as to where he may be hiding? ;)

momonpso
Jun 23, 2011, 02:09 PM
No real hints, just remember that Sonic likes a big party so look for him where ever there are large groups of people :)

Ithildin
Jun 23, 2011, 02:51 PM
Tails and Sonic were on CC 1st Floor earlier, Uni 20. The spam was far too much to take, so I took a sharp exit.

BIG OLAF
Jun 23, 2011, 03:05 PM
I got there with some friends a minute or so before everyone else did. I also took a quick exit after the deluge of spamming idiots showed up.

gordon/alpha999
Jun 23, 2011, 03:14 PM
As soon i said happy birthday, UNI 20 disappeared.

Mighty Earth Sage
Jun 23, 2011, 09:38 PM
I took a forceful exit lol because all the spam shut universe 20 down. >_>;

boomadatigger
Jun 23, 2011, 09:41 PM
Happy birthday Sonic!

Nereid
Jun 23, 2011, 09:50 PM
Happy birthday Sonic!

Oh God...

DuSTiNNNNN
Jun 23, 2011, 09:52 PM
I got there with some friends a minute or so before everyone else did. I also took a quick exit after the deluge of spamming idiots showed up.

Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones...

DejaBOO
Jun 24, 2011, 12:23 AM
I was lucky enough to run a misson with tails this afternoon. I saw sonic and tails around 1:30est on unv 19, tails ran into the counter I ran with everyone and got lucky and was the last person into his mission. I have pics I took on my phone of it. It was cool that psi and sega does this. Wish they did it more often though.

pikachief
Jun 24, 2011, 01:28 AM
Happy Birthday S
onic!

Home Dog
Jun 24, 2011, 11:53 AM
I followed Sonic the entire day! So much spam but I was lucky enough to get in at least 5 missions with either Sonic or Tails. I am rendering a very long video right now of everything that happened in that entire day.

DivinePhantasy
Jun 24, 2011, 09:32 PM
I caught a little bit of the insanity of Sonic's birthday when Sonic & Tails were in Universe 20 on the 5th floor. It was good fun watching the whole PSU community chasing them around the 5th floor, plus all of the spam.

I'm sorry Sonic but my favourite has always been Tails.

If you want to check out then go to mu YouTube channel.

http://www.YouTube.com/DivineDestroid

BIG OLAF
Jun 24, 2011, 09:35 PM
I was lucky enough to run a misson with tails this afternoon. I saw sonic and tails around 1:30est on unv 19, tails ran into the counter I ran with everyone and got lucky and was the last person into his mission. I have pics I took on my phone of it. It was cool that psi and sega does this. Wish they did it more often though.

You should show us those pictures!

PSU Yoko
Jun 25, 2011, 04:29 AM
I say its was a big disappointment to me cuz everyone was covering sonic in the first floor. I cant even get to see him bcuz some stupid fat rappy was in way before even got the chance to see the blue hedgehog. what the point if everyone being bully about it and don't let other player have a fair chance to see lil guy

boomadatigger
Jun 25, 2011, 12:04 PM
I've seen Sonic once and I've also seen how the crowd mobbed him. Quite frankly, I could never understand such behavior. What baffles me further is how some players give the same treatment to moderators when they show up in-game. I used to rationalize that it must be kids but after seeing a few adults act in the same fashion I honestly am baffled now.

Powder Keg
Jun 25, 2011, 12:16 PM
I've seen Sonic once and I've also seen how the crowd mobbed him. Quite frankly, I could never understand such behavior. What baffles me further is how some players give the same treatment to moderators when they show up in-game. I used to rationalize that it must be kids but after seeing a few adults act in the same fashion I honestly am baffled now.

You could always try explaining that to them in gam--oh, whoops.

THLPSC
Jun 25, 2011, 12:28 PM

Coming from you that is quite amusing. I don't think you should even comment on such behavior.

boomadatigger
Jun 25, 2011, 12:54 PM
I say its was a big disappointment to me cuz everyone was covering sonic in the first floor. I cant even get to see him bcuz some stupid fat rappy was in way before even got the chance to see the blue hedgehog. what the point if everyone being bully about it and don't let other player have a fair chance to see lil guy

Yeah, when I saw him the first time people were all acting the fool. Sonic used to have some cool games, but its just a game character when all is said and done. And on PSU a game character controlled probably by someone who doesn't even play the Sonic games. But I do admit it was cool to see him in-game, just not to the point of wanting to mob him or call for his attention. It was more like a "oh, that's different. Cool." situation for me.

DivinePhantasy
Jun 25, 2011, 01:20 PM
The funniest thing is all you have to do is say "Happy birthday Sonic" ONCE! Just once & that's it. You can be any lobby, any universe, it doesn't matter. But yet people still mob Sonic & Tails spamming it over and over again. The PSU community can be very strange.

pikachief
Jun 25, 2011, 01:51 PM
It's because there are people who actually think u have to say it a certain way or do it at a certain time of day or you have to say it to Sonic, or even worse there are people who think u have to say it to Sonic and he has to see your name so he can write it down lol

There's a lot of people on this game that will believe the most ridiculous things ever >.> You can freeze the dragon, bosses have a higher chance at dropping the boss part (like de ragan tails) if u only attack them in a different spot, Black Beast mode, Humans get tanks... the list goes on forever

The worst is when there was a large portion of the community that believed that Her Secret Mission was an event and every single thursday night people would go around telling people that it would be taken out that maintenance. That happened for about 4 weeks >.>

boomadatigger
Jun 25, 2011, 02:16 PM
It's because there are people who actually think u have to say it a certain way or do it at a certain time of day or you have to say it to Sonic, or even worse there are people who think u have to say it to Sonic and he has to see your name so he can write it down lol

There's a lot of people on this game that will believe the most ridiculous things ever >.> You can freeze the dragon, bosses have a higher chance at dropping the boss part (like de ragan tails) if u only attack them in a different spot, Black Beast mode, Humans get tanks... the list goes on forever

The worst is when there was a large portion of the community that believed that Her Secret Mission was an event and every single thursday night people would go around telling people that it would be taken out that maintenance. That happened for about 4 weeks >.>

lol! Wow, can't believe the things some people will believe...wait, you can't freeze the dragon?!

pikachief
Jun 25, 2011, 02:24 PM
lol! Wow, can't believe the things some people will believe...wait, you can't freeze the dragon?!

Ya but your ice rifle needs to be lvl 30 D: (haha this was the oldest one, this was when the game first came out and nobody knew anything)

bloodflowers
Jun 25, 2011, 06:07 PM
I totally forgot about this, was busy doing some work on my sites.

Ishia
Jun 25, 2011, 06:35 PM
All those things that Pika posted were from 4 years ago, people don't believe that stuff anymore. They believe newer, and more foolish things!

Also, were you supposed to type "Happy Birthday Sonic" without an punctuation mark? If so, dammit. I only typed it once, and it was "Happy Birthday Sonic!"

bloodflowers
Jun 25, 2011, 06:37 PM
Well, who knows.

On the upside, it was probably just a Sonic statue, and so many people getting them will mean they're worth next to nothing 2 hours after handout.

Ishia
Jun 25, 2011, 06:37 PM
I suppose.

momonpso
Jun 26, 2011, 10:00 AM
All those things that Pika posted were from 4 years ago, people don't believe that stuff anymore. They believe newer, and more foolish things!

Also, were you supposed to type "Happy Birthday Sonic" without an punctuation mark? If so, dammit. I only typed it once, and it was "Happy Birthday Sonic!"

Never fear, your birthday comment will do just fine. Punctuation is not a factor. As long as you wrote Happy Birthday Sonic, either capitalized or not, punctuation or no, you will get the reward.

pikachief
Jun 26, 2011, 12:36 PM

This is true but I only remember the old foolish things because I'm old when it comes to PSU :(

Back in my day people thought you got better drops if you didn't press the crystals and didn't use your SUV on boss boxes!

You we're also an elitist if you had more than 2 S rank weapons! D: And we fought a giant pig for 2 spinning lolipops taped together with hearts flying off of it!! and everyone was waiting for Ice Break... (continued old man ramblings)

Mortalis
Jun 26, 2011, 01:11 PM
This is true but I only remember the old foolish things because I'm old when it comes to PSU :(

Back in my day people thought you got better drops if you didn't press the crystals and didn't use your SUV on boss boxes!

You we're also an elitist if you had more than 2 S rank weapons! D: And we fought a giant pig for 2 spinning lolipops taped together with hearts flying off of it!! and everyone was waiting for Ice Break... (continued old man ramblings)

Can't forget, "GTFO NEUDAIZ". Ahhh, Firebreak, how I miss you.

darkante
Jun 26, 2011, 01:16 PM
Anyone remember the spinning purple themed Kireeks screaming "UBWAA?" XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yjBxiRLu8I

Dragwind
Jun 27, 2011, 05:28 PM
Ah... I remember that. Good times.