PDA

View Full Version : Alpha emails have been sent!

Mike
Jun 24, 2011, 02:08 AM
Check your in-boxes!

The email itself will look like this:
[spoiler-box]http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1568&pictureid=21547[/spoiler-box]

In the email, in addition to including the Sega ID user name you registered with, is a message from Dragon Sakai:

[spoiler-box]▼当選者の皆さんへ

皆さんこんにちは、プロデューサーの酒井です。このメールを受け取った皆さんは、αテストへ参加していただ ける方という事ですね。酒井からも、よろしくお願いしますと言わせてください。

夏のαテストに向けて、PCの準備などはもうお済みでしょうか?沢山の応募者の中からせっかく手にした参加 権ですので、ぜひ、この機会に『ファンタシースターオンライン 2』をよりよくするためご協力いただければと思います。

さて、開発チームでは現在、αテストで皆さんにプレイしていただくバージョンを鋭意制作中です。完全新作と いうことで、試行錯誤しつつ日々制作を進めています。新規要素も数多くあり、αテストでもその一部を楽しん でいただけることと思います。

本来ならば、αテストの詳細や期間についてもお知らせすべきところなのですが、日程についてはまだまだ流動 的な状態です。「これならば、まずは第一弾として、皆さんにもプレイしていただけるだろう」と思えるモノに なるようギリギリまで調整をしたいと思っておりますので、詳細の発表までもうしばらくお時間をいただきます 事をお許しください。

この10年のファンタシースターシリーズは、ファンの皆さんによって支えられ育てられてきました。その答え と言う意味も含め、新たに皆さんが集う価値のある場所として『ファンタシースターオンライン2』を作ってい ます。

ファンタシースターシリーズを愛する皆さんにプレイしていただき、忌憚ないご意見をいただく事によって『フ ァンタシースターオンライン2』を、名乗るにふさわしいソフトへとさらに育てていきたいと思っ ております。

ラグオルからオラクルへと舞台は変わりますが、皆さんと再びお会いできる日を楽しみにしております。どうぞ ご期待ください。

プロデューサー 酒井 智史[/spoiler-box]

Long story short
No solid alpha date yet.

Long story long (and poor translation poor):

To the alpha participants,

Hello everyone, this is the producer, Sakai. If you've received this email, it means you get to participate in the alpha test. Please let me thank you for your help.

Have you finished preparing your PCs for this summer's test? You've been chosen from a multitude of entrants so we'd like you help make Phantasy Star Online 2 a better game by participating.

Now, we are earnestly preparing the version that everyone will be playing in the alpha test. Since this is a completely new game, we are constantly going through a process of trial and error while we proceed. There are many new elements to the game and we'd like you to be able to try some of them during the test.

Normally, this is where we'd tell you about the dates of the test but they are still in a state of flux. We are working on fixing the game until we have something that we can say, "Now this is something that we can have everyone play at first!" so we ask you to forgive us for asking you to wait just a bit longer.

For 10 years, the Phantasy Star series has been supported and raised by fans. As thanks for that, in Phantasy Star Online 2 we are working on a worthwhile place for everyone to gather.

By hearing the honest opinions of fans who love the Phantasy Star series, we are hoping to create a game worthy of the title "Phantasy Star Online 2."

Even though the stage has changed from Ragol to Oracle, I'm looking forward to being able to meet everyone again. Please look forward to the test.

Satoshi Sakai, Producer

For the unlucky:
The number of participants will be increased in batches, according to the official site, so if you've entered and not been chosen the first time around, there's always next time!

Fry_Heit
Jun 24, 2011, 02:25 AM
I haven't got anything...

Gonna commit suicide now...

AzureBlaze
Jun 24, 2011, 02:35 AM
Don't worry too much yet Fry_Heit...
The earlier thing said that they'll be inviting more people to join later on during the trial. I am an entrant too, and also didn't get the letter. (unsurprising, it's like a lotto) However, I've seen several alphas where they DO end up letting in almost everyone who submits a form...eventually.

And with this 'no solid alpha date' bit, it looks like even anyone who did, will need to be patient. However, since at least 1 person on psow did get in, we can be sure we're in for some decent news updates once it does actually come out.

Fry_Heit
Jun 24, 2011, 02:39 AM
Yeah I know that they might send other invites... I remember having received a mail from the last extra unplanned mail batch for PSU Beta waaaaay back then.

So... Yeah.

DieannaKill
Jun 24, 2011, 02:48 AM
Aww :(
Well maybe later....

Mike
Jun 24, 2011, 02:52 AM
Like Azure said, there will be more people added later, so don't fret.

I've added a translation of the message from Sakai included in the letter to the first post. It's probably full of mistakes as I did it by hand but I think it gets the meaning across.

Fry_Heit
Jun 24, 2011, 03:22 AM
Oh I got it. It wasn't very clear but there are several batches just like back then. I thought there was only that one and that was it.

Gotta stay alive 'till I'm sure I'm not taken :3.

RenzokukenZ
Jun 24, 2011, 04:44 AM
We're counting on you, Mike, so don't hold back on the goods when they come.

NoiseHERO
Jun 24, 2011, 06:24 AM
"Normally, this is where we'd tell you about the dates of the test but they are still in a state of flux. We are working on fixing the game until was have something that we can say, "Now this is something that we can have everyone play at first!" so we ask you to forgive us for asking you to wait just a bit longer." -baka-i mean Sakai

Maybe, just maybe this will mean people will whine less about how the alpha will suck for not being the full game just because they didn't want to enter it.

Just waiting for some real news, so that I can watch people get hyped over it for like 2-3 days, then go back to saying the game is going to suck-I MEAN so I can have more things to look forward to.

Arika
Jun 24, 2011, 06:27 AM
they probably check throughly on address too. since many of us here probably use fake jp address. another possibility is that psobb jp user like mike get priority. I shouldn't have canceled my jp bb account back then ;/

since mike is the only one confirmed to get, the keys are real address and psobb jp here

Fry_Heit
Jun 24, 2011, 06:51 AM
they probably check throughly on address too. since many of us here probably use fake jp address.

It would be a first, wouldn't it? Then again, why not? :/

Zaix
Jun 24, 2011, 07:15 AM
I didn't get in either...oh well, maybe next time.

Dragwind
Jun 24, 2011, 08:01 AM
Don't give up hope!

r00tabaga
Jun 24, 2011, 09:18 AM
This is gonna get crazy around here soon. Great news Mike! -CG

jayster
Jun 24, 2011, 09:51 AM
I keep checking my email thinking maybe it's just late :|

Oh well, hopefully with the next batch. I have a HUGE backlog of games I haven't even touched anyways.

Kaziel
Jun 24, 2011, 10:28 AM
Damn. I've never been all too lucky with these things. Haha. Maybe next round.

uhawww
Jun 24, 2011, 10:38 AM
No email here.
Of the 4 of my JP friends from PSU, only the one who was also an avid PSO:BB'er got an invite.
That may have been the wildcard this initial round.

RemiusTA
Jun 24, 2011, 11:15 AM
You know, i really dont blame them for weeding out foreign participants, should they decide to. Afterall, if we can't read or write Japanese than we really can't contribute to the purpose of this test.

Ishia
Jun 24, 2011, 12:30 PM
You know, i really dont blame them for weeding out foreign participants, should they decide to. Afterall, if we can't read or write Japanese than we really can't contribute to the purpose of this test.

Plus, we are all filthy foreigners who would desecrate their holy game.

NoiseHERO
Jun 24, 2011, 12:34 PM
Plus, we are all filthy gaijin who would desecrate their holy game.

Fixed.

Ishia
Jun 24, 2011, 12:34 PM
Sorry, I was trying to be different.

NoiseHERO
Jun 24, 2011, 01:45 PM
Stop lying!

NO EXCUSES, NOOB!

SEGA HATES YOU ALL ANYWAY!

Purple Lamplight
Jun 24, 2011, 03:35 PM
You fuckers who got in better post videos and pictures when the test starts.

Kion
Jun 24, 2011, 04:41 PM
To the alpha participants,

Hello everyone, this is the producer, Sakai. If you've received this email, it means you get to participate in the alpha test. Please let me thank you for your help.

Have you finished preparing your PCs for this summer's test? You've been chosen from a multitude of entrants so we'd like you help make Phantasy Star Online 2 a better game by participating.

Now, we are earnestly preparing the version that everyone will be playing in the alpha test. Since this is a completely new game, we are constantly going through a process of trial and error while we proceed. There are many new elements to the game and we'd like you to be able to try some of them during the test.

Normally, this is where we'd tell you about the dates of the test but they are still in a state of flux. We are working on fixing the game until was have something that we can say, "Now this is something that we can have everyone play at first!" so we ask you to forgive us for asking you to wait just a bit longer.

For 10 years, the Phantasy Star series has been supported and raised by fans. As thanks for that, in Phantasy Star Online 2 we are working on a worthwhile place for everyone to gather.

By hearing the honest opinions of fans who love the Phantasy Star series, we are hoping to create a game worthy of the title "Phantasy Star Online 2."

Even though the stage has changed from Ragol to Oracle, I'm looking forward to being able to meet everyone again. Please look forward to the test.

Satoshi Sakai, Producer

Nice translation.

I'm aware that making a game is a very difficult task. But I'm still amazed they would announce it this early and keep bating fans with absolutely no new information what so ever (*cough: US server updates anyone?*). But I guess this is Segac we're talking about...

NoiseHERO
Jun 24, 2011, 04:57 PM
I thought they were working on this game for a while. :0

Crystal_Shard
Jun 25, 2011, 01:18 AM
Sigh, neither of my entries got in successfully. Guess having to use a fake addresses really does stymie one's chances at the raffle.

landman
Jun 25, 2011, 04:05 AM
No luck either :\

I don't think they checked any address, it's far easier to discard any application with a foreign IP address if they really want to make it Japan onry.

RenzokukenZ
Jun 25, 2011, 05:24 AM
I thought they were working on this game for a while. :0

Around the same time as Infinity.

Arika
Jun 25, 2011, 08:21 AM
Been asking around so far everybody who got in = have PSOBB JP account and live in JP.

If nobody come to contradict this anymore soon, then I think the main key is "PSOBB jp"

Mike
Jun 25, 2011, 08:25 AM
If nobody come to contradict this anymore soon, then I think the main key is "PSOBB jp"
That's the rumor going around on Twitter but who knows.

NoiseHERO
Jun 25, 2011, 08:48 AM
I guess that means they really want to try to re-impress their pso fans again.

MAYBE SAKAI IS A PSO PURIST!!

Or maybe they all got in automatically as payback for their server being taken down, and to motivate them to get into the next game, who knows

THLPSC
Jun 25, 2011, 08:49 AM
Id rather have people that can actually contribute to the point of the test get in personally. Rather than a bunch of NA/EU Fan Boys that can not write one character in Japanese/ understand Japanese. Rather not have people going around the alpha test saying "私はアメリカ人です。"

NoiseHERO
Jun 25, 2011, 08:57 AM
Okay. o_O

THLPSC
Jun 25, 2011, 09:05 AM
Not sure why you wrote "Okay. 0_o"
Thats just personally how I feel about the situation seeing as if you can not write/read Japanese you are useless in this test.

Mike
Jun 25, 2011, 09:14 AM
Nothing is ever useless.

THLPSC
Jun 25, 2011, 09:17 AM
Nothing is ever useless.
Feel free to explain why a person who can not read/write in Japanese would not be useless.

NoiseHERO
Jun 25, 2011, 09:36 AM
You don't need to be able to read the hopefully not crappy story, and probable breif mission descriptions, and talk to the other players to understand game mechanics and overall quality.

You wouldn't be able to give sakai's team feedback(or maybe you could who knows) but you could give the english language community feedback.

And I'd say that's pretty useful.

SO TAKE YOUR SEAT, AND SHUT UP!

Jinketsu
Jun 25, 2011, 10:06 AM
I agree with THL.

Maybe being able to give your opinion on some things to the english community would be nice, but the point of the alpha test is to find as many bugs as possible and report them so they can be fixed. You can't report them to the English community and consider that to be helpful, when the alpha test is quite obviously strictly in the Japanese language, for the Japanese developers.

THLPSC
Jun 25, 2011, 10:26 AM
You don't need to be able to read the hopefully not crappy story, and probable breif mission descriptions, and talk to the other players to understand game mechanics and overall quality.

You wouldn't be able to give sakai's team feedback(or maybe you could who knows) but you could give the english language community feedback.

And I'd say that's pretty useful.

SO TAKE YOUR SEAT, AND SHUT UP!

Clearly you have no clue what the point of an alpha test is.

Corey Blue
Jun 25, 2011, 10:46 AM
Still waiting for some actual information.^^;

NoiseHERO
Jun 25, 2011, 11:24 AM
You guys said it would be useless. I explained on how it would be useful to us, the players, in some sort of way. Not JUST for sega's testing.

IF YOU CARE SO MUCH ABOUT JAPANESE PLAYERS GET ON YOUR KNEES AND COMMIT SEPPUKU FOR YOUR FOOLISH DISGRACE!

GCoffee
Jun 25, 2011, 12:11 PM
I had no idea you were actually such a troll, Michaeru.
SEGA's testing is useful for us as thanks to it we will be able to have an enjoyable experience with the full game later on.

THLPSC
Jun 25, 2011, 12:26 PM
You guys said it would be useless. I explained on how it would be useful to us, the players, in some sort of way. Not JUST for sega's testing.

IF YOU CARE SO MUCH ABOUT JAPANESE PLAYERS GET ON YOUR KNEES AND COMMIT SEPPUKU FOR YOUR FOOLISH DISGRACE!

Seeing as the game is not for EU/NA people your whole idea of sharing info with this community is ridiculous. It is quite funny though how much you want to believe they are releasing it in the west. You can dream :)

NoiseHERO
Jun 25, 2011, 12:27 PM
Yes and this guy is saying it'd be usefless just because theres a few english speaking players on there.

I'm saying those players could help spread a little more information to those who english speaking players didn't get in?

I might have said it in a trollish way but it shouldn't be that hard to understand. Any further is just making it pointlessly complicated by changing around the situation, Which would be stupidly unnecessary since obviously 99% of the testers right now are japanese anyway.

Ironically I don't even think we need more than Mike to get in, and I didn't care to enter myself. Just sounds stupid to say no good can come out of an english speaking player getting in. Just because he's a gaijin or some weaboo racist shit like that...

All I'm getting is "alpha alpha alpha testing is serious business" But it's still a video game that we want more info on, or just want to play in general. :\

edit @ THLPSC: Oh my mistake you were just another wannabe troll, well for anyone else that agrees with him, yeah GG.

pikachief
Jun 25, 2011, 12:40 PM
Umm michaeru, im sorry but people who cant speak Japanese are pretty much useless for this alpha test.

point of an alpha test it to help Sega find any mistakes and glitches and to get word on what needs to improve. Us being there, even just one of us, is not helping at all.

Getting info about it spread over here? That still isnt helping them improve the game. at all. I'm sure word would get over about all the cool stuff and pictures and such even if we had no one there, because thats just what the internet does.

us being there in no way will help with their alpha test. Unless we can type and read and speak Japanese it can't. Us spreading knowledge of the game isn't gonna help them fix it either, and I'm pretty sure Sega can tell us whats in their game on their own just fine.

NoiseHERO
Jun 25, 2011, 12:51 PM
That's not my point. ~_~

You guys make it sound like playing the alpha is like working on japans nuclear reactor, and that every single one japanese player is going to report back bugs and useful information. So just saying "even one english player getting in is bad"...is going way too far pika-chan. e_e

In the end it's still just a videogame that everyone wants to play too. Not ONLY some serious test. I already said it's true an english player won't be helpful to sega, but we just wanna see what's in it in a more clear way right?

for the 6th time, I'm arguing against general usefullness not useful for sega's testing and sega's testing only.

THLPSC
Jun 25, 2011, 01:00 PM
Yes and this guy is saying it'd be usefless just because theres a few english speaking players on there.

I'm saying those players could help spread a little more information to those who english speaking players didn't get in?

I might have said it in a trollish way but it shouldn't be that hard to understand. Any further is just making it pointlessly complicated by changing around the situation, Which would be stupidly unnecessary since obviously 99% of the testers right now are japanese anyway.

Ironically I don't even think we need more than Mike to get in, and I didn't care to enter myself. Just sounds stupid to say no good can come out of an english speaking player getting in. Just because he's a gaijin or some weaboo racist shit like that...

All I'm getting is "alpha alpha alpha testing is serious business" But it's still a video game that we want more info on, or just want to play in general. :\

edit @ THLPSC: Oh my mistake you were just another wannabe troll, well for anyone else that agrees with him, yeah GG.
You really need to look at the big picture the more Japanese/ people that can understand Japanese that get in will lead to an overall better game. It will lead to an overall better game for Japan and EU/NA players (if its released there) and yes I understand you want info and game play footage of it but when alpha is out the web will have plenty of it so having just people that can actually help Sega is better than people that have no clue of the language.

RemiusTA
Jun 25, 2011, 01:36 PM
If they really cared about our opinion, they would have a way to receive our inputs. They would undoubtedly be helpful, as our MMOs are eons much more successful than theirs.

Ark22
Jun 25, 2011, 02:08 PM
I care about getting in the beta, but I rather just see gameplay and vids. :-D

pikachief
Jun 25, 2011, 02:09 PM
You guys make it sound like playing the alpha is like working on japans nuclear reactor

Alpha is SERIOUS BIZNEZ D: :P

So just saying "even one english player getting in is bad"...is going way too far pika-chan. e_e

What I meant is that the more Japanese speaking testers they can get, the more chances they have at getting people who are actually seriously gonna respond with ideas, comments, and bugs.

and no Michaeuru YOU'RE GOING TO FAR D: haha :P

In the end it's still just a videogame that everyone wants to play too. Not ONLY some serious test. I already said it's true an english player won't be helpful to sega, but we just wanna see what's in it in a more clear way right?

Videos from JP players or SEGA themselves would do fine. Also I wanted to play the Tingle RPG but you know what? I DIDNT D: You know what I did about it? I just dealt with it!

[spoiler-box] actually i downloaeded the rom and it was a terrible, terrible game lol [/spoiler-box]

for the 6th time, I'm arguing against general usefullness not useful for sega's testing and sega's testing only.

What general usefulness? (no honestly im missing this part of all your posts) seeing what the game looks like and plays like now isnt gonna be any different than seeing it in a few months in official videos, pictures, beta testing, or even better! when we get our own hands on it.

also your acting as if, if no English speaking players get it then we aren't gonna know whats going on lol

NoiseHERO
Jun 25, 2011, 02:54 PM
Alpha is SERIOUS BIZNEZ D: :P

What I meant is that the more Japanese speaking testers they can get, the more chances they have at getting people who are actually seriously gonna respond with ideas, comments, and bugs.

and no Michaeuru YOU'RE GOING TO FAR D: haha :P

Videos from JP players or SEGA themselves would do fine. Also I wanted to play the Tingle RPG but you know what? I DIDNT D: You know what I did about it? I just dealt with it!

[spoiler-box] actually i downloaeded the rom and it was a terrible, terrible game lol [/spoiler-box]

What general usefulness? (no honestly im missing this part of all your posts) seeing what the game looks like and plays like now isnt gonna be any different than seeing it in a few months in official videos, pictures, beta testing, or even better! when we get our own hands on it.

also your acting as if, if no English speaking players get it then we aren't gonna know whats going on lol

I also said I didn't really care about who got in or not, and I didn't even enter myself because I didn't wanna play it's alpha phase. and yeah I do think it'd be useful (to US, for the last time) if someone that spoke English got in, and someone DID. The only problem is you guys make it sound like the end of the world because of it, which confuses the BALLS out of me.

THLPSC
Jun 25, 2011, 03:00 PM
I also said I didn't really care about who got in or not, and I didn't even enter myself because I didn't wanna play it's alpha phase. and yeah I do think it'd be useful (to US, for the last time) if someone that spoke English got in, and someone DID. The only problem is you guys make it sound like the end of the world because of it, which confuses the BALLS out of me.

Many things confuse you don't they.

THLPSC
Jun 25, 2011, 03:32 PM
Like your face!

Oooohhh!!! I can resort to pointless insults toooo oOOoooOOoohhhhh!!! yew got burrrrrnned!

Still does not change the fact you do not understand why there is an Alpha test.

pikachief
Jun 25, 2011, 03:38 PM

your 7th post and i still dont know why u think it would be useful for anyone

Arrow
Jun 25, 2011, 03:41 PM
and yeah I do think it'd be useful (to US, for the last time) if someone that spoke English got in, and someone DID.

Define how having an English-Speaking player (that, for this scenario, also understands Japanese) in a Japanese Alpha testing of PSO2 would assist the psow community? Are you speaking in terms of trying to gather information on the game? Or are you speaking about some other reason?

NoiseHERO
Jun 25, 2011, 03:47 PM
You're seriously over exaggerating the concept of this alpha test.

@ arrow, in terms of sharing information amongst us. Maybe a couple of fanboys playign the guessing game on some nico douga video is enough for you guys, but that just sounds lame to me. e_e

I don't see why this has to be anymore complicated than it sounds...

pikachief
Jun 25, 2011, 03:53 PM

@ arrow, in terms of sharing information amongst us. Maybe a couple of fanboys playign the guessing game on some nico douga video is enough for you guys, but that just sounds lame to me. e_e

i dont understand why getting this info from videos and pictures and sega themselves (and jp players in the alpha) would be any different :/

Arrow
Jun 25, 2011, 03:57 PM

Well, there was the one video that of course showed off the gameplay for it here (http://www.pso-world.com/news/02366-phantasy-star-online-2-high-resolution-gameplay-video), but i'm guessin your looking for more?

also, an article bout Alpha testing :D just to have the facts ^^

The alpha phase of the release life cycle is the first phase to begin software testing (alpha is the first letter of the ancient Greek alphabet, used as the number 1). In this phase, developers generally test the software using white box techniques. Additional validation is then performed using black box or gray box techniques, by another testing team. Moving to black box testing inside the organization is known as alpha release.[1]

Alpha software can be unstable and could cause crashes or data loss. The exception to this is when the alpha is available publicly (such as a pre-order bonus), in which developers normally push for stability so that their testers can test properly. External availability of alpha software is uncommon.

The alpha phase usually ends with a feature freeze, indicating that no more features will be added to the software. At this time, the software is said to be feature complete.

NoiseHERO
Jun 25, 2011, 04:00 PM
i dont understand why getting this info from videos and pictures and sega themselves (and jp players in the alpha) would be any different :/

Blegh, that's kinda true, ASSUMING sega even tells us a lot. I dunno why so many non-japanese people tried to enter anyway. I still don't see it as taboo for a non-japanese person to play and tell us first hand either way.

I hope you guy's look forward to ignoring Other Mike's feedback, or something. *shrug*

Arrow
Jun 25, 2011, 04:06 PM
Blegh, that's kinda true, ASSUMING sega even tells us a lot. I dunno why so many non-japanese people tried to enter anyway. I still don't see it as taboo for a non-japanese person to play and tell us first hand either way.

I hope you guy's look forward to ignoring Other Mike's feedback, or something. *shrug*

why ignore? :D just think of it this way, it'll be nice eyecandy XD to satisfy the unsatisfyable hunger for a new game :D and leave us hungry for more :-P

pikachief
Jun 25, 2011, 04:49 PM

I can't wait for it actually and everything he has to tell us :D it will be wonderful and nice and an awesome privilege :P

Mr Champloo
Jun 25, 2011, 08:44 PM
Fraps the crap out of the Alpha. Thanks in advance. Need fraps let me know!

Jinketsu
Jun 25, 2011, 11:07 PM
The basis of the alpha is that it is in its earliest playable build. It's not something worth getting into just because you want to play it so badly. In fact, in most of the cases I've seen, people who don't play an alpha build to be constructive end up criticizing the game and spreading the word of how terrible it is, basing their opinion on their time with the alpha build as if it were exactly how the final build of the game was going to be.

Beta would be something more along the lines of how non-japanese players would assist and help a non-Japanese speaking community get a good feeling of what they have to look forward to.

But that's my opinion. And opinions are like assholes. Everyone's got one.

Arika
Jun 26, 2011, 12:09 AM
Wow.. just a few day and this thread already mutated into the topic of "Why should non-JP-speaker enter the test?" lol

Anyway, Michaeru, actually, there are many solid reasons that you could have said in your previous posts lol: ;)
First, Western'a MMO in modern date are more popular than JP's, especially PC-only one, so we will be able to point out different view to most JP if they care to make it more success in world market this time.
Second, even if you can't vote your opinion in JP yourself, you can actually ask people around here to help you translate, altho I want to say that JP language isn't so hard to learn. I learn them from playing PSU-jp often in the past, make friends with those who can speak Eng, so they can teach me some. And now, in FF14, my guild is consist of 40% Japanese.

I think the real case that would be useless to enter in this alpha particularly are just those people who "just wanna play" and not care to share information with anyone. This could be including those real Japanese too, not just non-JP speaker. I don't think all JP gonna play this with mindset to help SEGA. But some NA-fan might want to help SEGA even if they can't speak. As I said, so many possible way to report.

As of the current matter, I don't think they look at IP or anything yet, since all the players chosen from PSOBB-jp. we will see next slot from PSU and PSPo2I to see if any foreigner get in or not. I guess we will.

Fry_Heit
Jun 26, 2011, 02:22 AM
I'm French and a huge fan of the Phantasy Star series, whatever form it takes. I played the shit out of PSOBB Jp, PSU jp and all of the portable episodes (PS0 included). I've been hooked to Infinity for the last 6 months and can't wait to play PSO2.

As a matter of fact I do speak enough Japanese to understand stories and have nice little chats.

I also created.a Phantasy Star website - in French obviously - on which I share many things westerners can't know... Or at least most of them. I frapped and screeshot PSU jp beta like crazy back then, giving full details on how the game was going to be like. My articles were well spread in the French PS community back then.
When PS0 or PSPo2 first released in Japanese, I made full translations of all the menus. I was taken in the PSPo2 beta back then and used this to help other people and share the awesomeness if the game. The same can be said for Infinity.

So, yeah, I'm with Michaeru. Maybe the few gaijins that make in won't help Sega making their game a better one, but they sure as hell give them free ads and make sure that westerners do know what's coming to them (...or not) in full details.

Pik
Jun 26, 2011, 03:19 AM
Wow.. just a few day and this thread already mutated into the topic of "Why should non-JP-speaker enter the test?" lol

Anyway, Michaeru, actually, there are many solid reasons that you could have said in your previous posts lol: ;)
First, Western'a MMO in modern date are more popular than JP's, especially PC-only one, so we will be able to point out different view to most JP if they care to make it more success in world market this time.
Second, even if you can't vote your opinion in JP yourself, you can actually ask people around here to help you translate, altho I want to say that JP language isn't so hard to learn. I learn them from playing PSU-jp often in the past, make friends with those who can speak Eng, so they can teach me some. And now, in FF14, my guild is consist of 40% Japanese.

I think the real case that would be useless to enter in this alpha particularly are just those people who "just wanna play" and not care to share information with anyone. This could be including those real Japanese too, not just non-JP speaker. I don't think all JP gonna play this with mindset to help SEGA. But some NA-fan might want to help SEGA even if they can't speak. As I said, so many possible way to report.

As of the current matter, I don't think they look at IP or anything yet, since all the players chosen from PSOBB-jp. we will see next slot from PSU and PSPo2I to see if any foreigner get in or not. I guess we will.

Well, correct me if I am wrong, and I hope I am, but as far as I am aware, a release outside of Japan has not even been announced. Assuming they are not planning to release it ouside of their own country, why would they want our imput in the place of a potential customer?

blace
Jun 26, 2011, 03:21 AM
Isn't that the basis for most games? Players doing gameplays of a game is how most people will ever find out since ads aren't so much made for anything that isn't FF, Sonic, Mario, any game that's making a comeback(I'm talking about you Duke Nukem), or guns.

Hell, the most obscure youtube channels also tend to be the ones that showcase anything that isn't a "I'm better at blackops" or "lololol camper noob lololol".

Meh, aside from all of the off topicness, I'm hoping you show off all classes and races when the alpha starts. Some idea of how the game will work is better than raging at Sega for not getting in.

Fry_Heit
Jun 26, 2011, 04:31 AM
Well, correct me if I am wrong, and I hope I am, but as far as I am aware, a release outside of Japan has not even been announced. Assuming they are not planning to release it ouside of their own country, why would they want our imput in the place of a potential customer?

The same could be said for Infinity, and this is my point exactly. Sega itself couldn't care less about our input, but who cares? What most people want is to play the game regardless of their nationality, and we want to talk about the game without having to use translators all the time.
People want to join the alpha to play the game, not to help Sdga. Of course some want to help out, but most people just want to play.

What would be the benefit if someone like me was taken? Translations so that you can import the game and not use the underpopulated western servers (RIP PSU), and I could reply to every question asked. Without westerners alpha testers, everybody would be stuck with what other people have to say. I don't know for you, but even though I speak some Japanese I still find it easier to browse PSOW or PSUPedia than ShougaiPSO.

GCoffee
Jun 26, 2011, 06:41 AM
. I don't know for you, but even though I speak some Japanese I still find it easier to browse PSOW or PSUPedia than ShougaiPSO.

But that's our sole advantage, not their's. At this stage they simply do not have to give shit about us.

Heck, I don't care if there are some NA/EU players in this alpha, no, I actually want some footage, too. But we will get that regardless, chosen or not.
Blaming SEGA for this approach to do this alpha is just downright silly, as they want as much feedback as possible, and that is easier to achieve with a sole Japanese playerbase as of now.

Fry_Heit
Jun 26, 2011, 07:30 AM
Thing is, I reaaaally don't think they're filtering anything. It's a little too much work to check everything... And anyway there are some westerners who got in.

Anyway everything I said was just to give people good reasons why we'd want to join in the fun. But apart from that, we just want to play like everybody else, and I don't think this is blasphemy.

lostinseganet
Jun 26, 2011, 10:13 AM
How did they hear from the fans. How do fans communicate?! With them.

THLPSC
Jun 26, 2011, 10:27 AM
How did they hear from the fans. How do fans communicate?! With them.

http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psportal/pso2/msg/

Arika
Jun 26, 2011, 10:29 AM
Why the topic go back to "JP only" again, when we still not sure about that yet. it could be that they just choose PSOBBjp players first. that is all.

For contribute part, as I said, JP or not, it is all the same. it is all up to your mind-set.

THLPSC
Jun 26, 2011, 12:00 PM
Why the topic go back to "JP only" again, when we still not sure about that yet. it could be that they just choose PSOBBjp players first. that is all.

For contribute part, as I said, JP or not, it is all the same. it is all up to your mind-set.

Until announced otherwise its release is JP only thats why.

Arika
Jun 26, 2011, 12:06 PM
I m not talking about the game itself, I m talking about the "key" to get chosen. People here assume that they screen out all NA/EU users by the sender IP. but I think not, we just not get it, because we here didn't have active PSOBB-JP subscription at that time. (So far as I posted before, nobody who get chosen without BB account)

For actual game, I don't care about release NA or not. I said since the very first thread that I will play in PSO2 JP server. I have played PSU-Jp and PSOBB-JP too. Oh and also PSPo2-I JP.

I know it might be good to play with NA server again, since I know so many GMs and I could host event with official prize from SEGA like before. but the NA-PC server down in the end, and I had to move to JP server. So I won't choose NA server again anymore.

Note: Somehow I have some feeling me that this game will have only one server and support for world-wide just like the old PSO. (My intuition correct 80% of the time btw!)

RemiusTA
Jun 26, 2011, 01:24 PM
They already announced global support, so they probably will.

I really hope they do that again. PSO was able to break a few chat barriers with their pre-set chat options. They could easily do that again if they really wanted to.

THLPSC
Jun 26, 2011, 01:45 PM
They already announced global support, so they probably will.

I really hope they do that again. PSO was able to break a few chat barriers with their pre-set chat options. They could easily do that again if they really wanted to.

Source where they announced global support?

RenzokukenZ
Jun 26, 2011, 01:49 PM
It's one of the 'promises' Sega made shown in the first teaser video back last year.

The list of them should be in the Sticky thread.

THLPSC
Jun 26, 2011, 01:52 PM
It's one of the 'promises' Sega made shown in the first teaser video back last year.

The list of them should be in the Sticky thread.

Speculation. Though I would be happy if they did have global support but as of right now it seems unlikely.

Zipzo
Jun 26, 2011, 06:30 PM
Speculation. Though I would be happy if they did have global support but as of right now it seems unlikely.

# Global supportIt was text that streamed across the screen during the very first trailer for PSO2.

THLPSC
Jun 26, 2011, 07:02 PM
It was text that streamed across the screen during the very first trailer for PSO2.

It can be interpreted in many different ways and does not necessarily mean what people think it means.

RemiusTA
Jun 26, 2011, 07:04 PM
Source where they announced global support?

The very first "trailer".

esident translator Espiokaos (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/member.php?u=35062) has been kind enough to post a lengthy list (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2539779#post2539779) of new Phantasy Star Online 2 details, taken from last night's TGS teaser video (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/../news/02317-phantasy-star-online-2-revealed-segas-tgs-video-stream). While some of the details were obscured in translation, there are some very interesting bits that should keep the speculations and discussions going strong until we get some more concrete details about this long-awaited sequel. Here is the list of translated details (some of the more interesting or significant changes are in bold):
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/../images/pso2/phantasy_star_online_2_small.jpg"Action" and "RPG" re-connected
Increased variety of client orders
Map functions changing in real time
User-created story
New interface for environmental interactions
Global support
Thorough racial balances
Full user participation events
Seasonal changes
New chat system
New mail functions
Drastic item synthesis overhaul
Even wider variety of ways to raise your character
New direction of event scenes
Approach from NPCs (possibly a new approach to NPCs?)
Silhouette changes by add-ons (obscured)
New photon arts (obscured)
Community supported content (obscured)
Additional character customization
Category-based weapon training system (obscured)
Implementation of asynchronous communication
New party system
Improved enemy AI / cooperation
Limitless content
New approach to the game client
Implementation of a new "life work" (obscured)
Daily surprises
"Trump card" system
Mutual interaction functionality for new and veteran users
There were also a number of words and phrases used in the trailer which may give some insight about PSO2's story and setting: "Awakening", "Sealed stone monument", "Pure Dark Falz" (obscured), "Apostles of _____" (obscured), "Camp ship", "Arkz", "Why is darkness born?", "Why is the Great Light no longer here?", and "A world in ruin." Talk about one heck of puzzle to put together! The full, original list can be found here (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2539779#post2539779).

Feel free to post your predictions or interpretations in our comments section or Phantasy Star Online forum (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)! Thanks again to Espiokaos (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/member.php?u=35062) and Shougai PSO for putting together this great information!
Many people seem to overlook the fact that they have, from the very beginning, addressed most of our biggest issues with PSU. Most importantly, notice the "drastic item synthesis overhaul", "global support" and "improved enemy AI" parts.

They probably haven't announced it over here yet because...well, nobody over here needs to care yet. When they get into Beta Testing and they still havent announced it over here, then people can get paranoid.

It can be interpreted in many different ways and does not necessarily mean what people think it means.

There....really aren't too many ways you can misinterpret "global support".

THLPSC
Jun 26, 2011, 07:11 PM
The very first "trailer".

Many people seem to overlook the fact that they have, from the very beginning, addressed most of our biggest issues with PSU. Most importantly, notice the "drastic item synthesis overhaul", "global support" and "improved enemy AI" parts.

They probably haven't announced it over here yet because...well, nobody over here needs to care yet. When they get into Beta Testing and they still havent announced it over here, then people can get paranoid.

There....really aren't too many ways you can misinterpret "global support".

They still can be different from what we think it means/what we want it to mean.

RemiusTA
Jun 26, 2011, 07:14 PM
I would be very, very surprised, THLPSC, if "global support" meant "we have customer service in every aspect of gameplay" instead of "we're supporting this game globally".

I believe you're thinking about this way too hard.

Niloklives
Jun 27, 2011, 03:23 AM
I agree it's extremely unlikely we wont be getting the game based on everything we know, but I still think its a bad idea to assume.

Jinketsu
Jun 27, 2011, 04:20 PM
To ASSUME is to make an ASS out of U and ME. Heh... Analogies...

THL, be pessimistic about this stuff. But have an optimistic attitude towards it. It's healthier if you can live for the best while thinking for the worst, rather than just worrying all the time and trying to pull the worst case scenario out of a vague quirp and try to make us all think like that.

I exaggerate a lot.

Zyrusticae
Jun 27, 2011, 04:30 PM
THL, be pessimistic about this stuff. But have an optimistic attitude towards it. It's healthier if you can live for the best while thinking for the worst, rather than just worrying all the time and trying to pull the worst case scenario out of a vague quirp and try to make us all think like that.

I exaggerate a lot.
How about this: Be realistic.

Pessimism and optimism both have their disadvantages (pessimism allowing you to not get disappointed, but generally being angry or discontent all the time is NOT good for your health, while optimism means you're going to be disappointed very, very often).

Now, if you just think realistically about things taking into account stuff like the company's track record and what they've shown so far, you should be able to find a nice middle ground where you can be hopeful without going too far and without being an annoying pessimistic asswipe.

Did I mention pessimism tends to make you look like an asshole? Because it does. 'Nother strike against it!

Rekreant
Jun 27, 2011, 06:09 PM
When/If this game is released in the US it will be a watered down less supported version of the japanese client. This is how it is with MANY imports and really should be expected. Sega almost went out of business in America so they arent very likely to stretch into a niche market with full quality support given the risks.

Rekreant
Jun 27, 2011, 06:10 PM
When/If this game is released in the US it will be a watered down less supported version of the japanese client. This is how it is with MANY imports and really should be expected. Sega almost went out of business in America so they arent very likely to stretch into a niche market with full quality support given the risks.

As far as references, PSU anyone?

THLPSC
Jun 27, 2011, 06:28 PM
I am content as I will be playing PSO2. Even if its not released in EU/NA.

Kaziel
Jun 27, 2011, 08:57 PM
I agree it's extremely unlikely we wont be getting the game based on everything we know, but I still think its a bad idea to assume.

If we assume, we'll just make an ass out of you and me!

Oh wait, we're on the internet. Fire all cannons! :D

RemiusTA
Jun 27, 2011, 09:29 PM
Lol how many times are we going to have to go through the whole pessimism vs. optimism thing on this forum...

Niloklives
Jun 28, 2011, 02:00 AM
As many times as there are lonely depressed shut-ins on here.

...I'll get the popcorn

Nitro Vordex
Jun 28, 2011, 11:22 AM
Lol how many times are we going to have to go through the whole pessimism vs. optimism thing on this forum...
As long as people keep denying they're either and saying they're realists. And those people keep attacking the people who aren't in denial about them being pessimists or optimists.

aka forever

Gintoki-kun
Jul 6, 2011, 03:41 AM
Sweet,emails were sent.Kudos to all who got in,can't wait to here feedback from a English-speaking player.

Also,the importance of having a english player,who doesn't know Japanese,is just for feedback and knowledge about the game,thats what I think and I don't think it's a problem if they went ahead and recorded and took pictures of the game,while they're testing it.

RemiusTA
Jul 6, 2011, 08:56 AM
they're never going to show anything this is taking forever jesus

ShadowDragon28
Jul 6, 2011, 03:41 PM
Still no new news on this? Has the Alpha test started yet? Was it delayed? It frustrating that there's no new news... :/

dooby613
Jul 14, 2011, 07:21 PM
so will someone please have leaks already? I want to see more already. The info flow for this game is way too slow.

THLPSC
Jul 14, 2011, 07:22 PM
so will someone please have leaks already? I want to see more already. The info flow for this game is way too slow.

The alpha test has not even started. Just wait till tomorrow for more information.

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 14, 2011, 07:27 PM
It starts tomorrow?

THLPSC
Jul 14, 2011, 07:43 PM
It starts tomorrow?

No Saki said there will be more info tomorrow and there will be surprises. So I guess it could start tomorrow. Just wait and see.

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 14, 2011, 07:50 PM
Ah, great news nevertheless. Thanks THLPSC.

I won't be able to sleep peacefully now :3

Angelo
Jul 14, 2011, 08:23 PM
What's the source on the fact that there will be more information tomorrow?

Not trying to be negative, I'm just curious. I usually check Phantasy Star Fan Blog for all my news, but if there's a better source I'd like to know.

I've been out of the loop for awhile.

THLPSC
Jul 14, 2011, 08:39 PM
What's the source on the fact that there will be more information tomorrow?

Not trying to be negative, I'm just curious. I usually check Phantasy Star Fan Blog for all my news, but if there's a better source I'd like to know.

I've been out of the loop for awhile.

あ、PSO2をお待ちの皆さん、明日もメルマガが配信されますのでお楽しみに!
驚きの新情報があるかも!?
http://ameblo.jp/phantasy-star-portable2/theme-10015162201.html

RemiusTA
Jul 14, 2011, 10:54 PM
If it isnt info on the battle mechanics, im going to be angry.

I mean, costumes are cool and all, and hinting at special abilities are cool and stuff too, but...i kinda wanna know what we're working with here.

If they explain the battle engine in detail, everything will make alot more sense.

Vashyron
Jul 14, 2011, 10:56 PM
The info will be that it's been delayed until Late 2012. :wacko:

RemiusTA
Jul 14, 2011, 10:57 PM
but isnt that when the world ends

Dragwind
Jul 15, 2011, 12:39 AM
I'm placing my bet that it's going to be a new trailer, or a set of pictures for all the classes.

Arrow
Jul 16, 2011, 03:26 PM
but isnt that when the world ends

Dec. 12, 2012

12:12 12 PM

End of the world as we know it....
oh and my predicton, also the exact time PSO2 will be released :D
or...worse.........................

yoshiblue
Jul 16, 2011, 07:02 PM
The world would end because sega made the very first portal to another world