PDA

View Full Version : Just started!

Halakiri
Jun 26, 2011, 06:30 PM
Hello everyone! I'm an old fan of PSO and was feeling rather nostalgic about my old days on the dreamcast so I went and spent the money so I can play some phantasy star again! It's good to know the community is still strong, I hope to see some of you guys in game!

Majarra
Jun 26, 2011, 06:34 PM
Stop right now and play JP PSU or PSPo2. There's some advice for you.

Rekreant
Jun 27, 2011, 01:45 AM
Lol. Xbox is fun too, its just not as rich and fulfilling as JP PSU.

devilstar
Jun 27, 2011, 11:24 AM
which is sad since it seems that the 360 servers could have a solid fan base.

Majarra
Jun 27, 2011, 04:08 PM
Comparing content and support for JP and 360, the 360 servers are nothing more than a trial for the real game(JP PSU).

So it goes 360 demo was a beta for Xbox server, now official 360 server is a demo for JP PSU, and JP PSU is the real game.

At least that's how I look at it. :-P

Crysteon
Jun 27, 2011, 04:17 PM
Comparing content and support for JP and 360, the 360 servers are nothing more than a trial for the real game(JP PSU).

So it goes 360 demo was a beta for Xbox server, now official 360 server is a demo for JP PSU, and JP PSU is the real game.

At least that's how I look at it. :-P

Correction. It's a broken, mistranslated and mistreated version of JP PSU ;<

Rekreant
Jun 27, 2011, 04:50 PM
The problem I have with xbox is the general immaturity of the players. I was always surprised to find 10-18 yr olds on the game at almost any hour. It may have a more active english speaking player base, but the quality of player is definitely lower.

That being said, if you can find some decent people in either medium to play with it makes the game fun. The JP version has many more features and new items that the xbox version may never see, but has the language barrier to be considered. Personally I dont really read menus anyway, its more a learned pattern. So I guess playing xbox before jp has helped me massively.

Either way find good people and the good times will flow.

devilstar
Jun 28, 2011, 12:46 AM
Yeah its just hard to find those folks ( or at least folks who are cool and around my level ). I am finding a lot of new folks who are decent and don't really have a clue ( I try and help em as much as my newbie self can )

Maybe I came a little too late in the games life cycle.

Here's hoping I get a PC done in time for pso2 ( if it even comes stateside )

S|e|7|e|N
Jun 28, 2011, 04:47 PM
Recently got back into PSU myself. Lately all I can think about is wanting to play PSO2 :/ but sadly can't so here is to hoping PSU can keep my mind off of it for a bit. (which I doubt)

Mordi
Jun 28, 2011, 04:50 PM
Psu is horrible, take your nostalgia for what it is and don't play this game. I shit blood for weeks out of frustration because of how horrible it is.

devilstar
Jun 28, 2011, 06:03 PM
That's a lot of hate rolled into one post there.

I too am waiting for pso2. But as I'm a newb psu is keeping me happy ( plenty for a new guy to learn and do )

Noyo
Jul 2, 2011, 09:31 AM
That's a lot of hate rolled into one post there.

I too am waiting for pso2. But as I'm a newb psu is keeping me happy ( plenty for a new guy to learn and do )

Welcome to PSU ;p And you will find alot of nice people and maybe some bad people, I've got my friends so im set but it took me 4 years to get em so yeah LOL i ran into some horrible mean immature people when I first started let's just hope you dont =]

PSU Yoko
Jul 2, 2011, 09:50 AM
Psu is horrible, take your nostalgia for what it is and don't play this game. I shit blood for weeks out of frustration because of how horrible it is.Indeed

PSU Yoko
Jul 2, 2011, 09:54 AM
Welcome to pso world community.
if you are a pure hardcore psu player like me then I m glad to help you out and we can have fun doing a lot of runs and many mission

Quatre52
Jul 3, 2011, 05:36 PM
Welcome to PSU!

Dont mind the anger and hate so many here seem to have...

Playing on 360 servers is still great fun, contrary to what people here seem to claim...

Anyways, if you need help or want people to play with, just let me know, check my profile for character info, etc.

BIG OLAF
Jul 3, 2011, 05:45 PM
Also, pay no attention to the hardcore PSO fans that still, after almost five years, can't let their hilariously idiotic hate for PSU go.

They mad.

Rekreant
Jul 3, 2011, 06:47 PM
Welcome to PSU!

Dont mind the anger and hate so many here seem to have...

Playing on 360 servers is still great fun, contrary to what people here seem to claim...

Anyways, if you need help or want people to play with, just let me know, check my profile for character info, etc.

The only reason to not play on xbox 360(player quality aside) Is if you are the kind of person who wants to be on the cutting edge. The JP servers get bug fixes sooner and events/updates with more frequency and a higher quality than the xbox servers.

I stick to my previous post in that I believe all that matters is having some good ppl to play with. I guess at max level this may matter less, but whats the point of all that nice gear if you cant show it off? Either way you will be hunting for xyz item.

padiwac
Jul 3, 2011, 11:41 PM
I play with randoms only on the 360 and have found the good far outnumber the bad. It's a fun, laid-back version of the game and I would recommend it to anyone.