PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU Fuzzy textures?

Illuminate
Jul 3, 2011, 09:21 PM
Are clothing textures supposed to appear so fuzzy?

I've noticed that NPC textures in mission quests, like Egg Thieves, look rather fuzzy, as well as Guardian's Cash clothes, and my own clothes. The textures are rather fuzzy up close.

Is it like this for everyone?

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5158/psu20110703221550000.png

I don't really remember the english PSU being this fuzzy, of course. It's been a while.

CyberNei
Jul 4, 2011, 02:39 AM
I think it always was this way... o.o
It's a game of 2005 year made for PS2. This game's engine can't handle HD textures.

Ithildin
Jul 4, 2011, 04:33 AM
Yeh that looks normal to me.

TheAstarion
Jul 4, 2011, 05:30 AM
The Egg Thieves girl (Rol? The ten year old with the huge boobs) has always been fuzzy on the western servers. Some of the GC items are literally either the PM uniforms scaled up, or the PSP models imported straight into the game with no touch-up work done at all (the wings on the butt are still of zero thickness and too large for a normal-sized person).

If the devs can get away with being lazy, they'll do so.

Selphea
Jul 4, 2011, 05:50 AM
Storia Jacket has always been like that =(

Illuminate
Jul 4, 2011, 04:27 PM
I see, thanks.

Although... My CAST's textures look way, way better. ._.;

Keilyn
Jul 4, 2011, 04:46 PM
The game was made for the Playstation 2 and the Storia Jacket is a first-year clothing piece. This shipped initially with the game. The newer clothes have less aliasing and cast parts have less detail in-general and less aliasing as well.

I've tried even running the game set to 32xS (2x2 Super Sampling, 8xMS) and the graphic is supposed to be as such because the texture was designed as such. I could take the texture, redesign it, hack it into the game and then it would look just fine, but that is what it would take....along with some UV Mapping.

Storia Jacket is one of my favorite clothing pieces, part of Keilyn's Initial Look.

Are you on Nvidia Cards? If you are I can help you Anti-Alias the game so your texture outlines don't look fuzzy and look better.