PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 how popular?

R3dMaGiK
Jul 4, 2011, 12:57 PM
How popular is this game at the moment? Still getting at least one full server? As tempted to play it again

w@rtech nation
Jul 4, 2011, 01:01 PM
How popular is this game at the moment? Still getting at least one full server? As tempted to play it again

at peak its 2 full servers. join jp tho. its getting bad on there with all these glitchers and scammers. not to mention all the people selling their worthless shit thru spamming

R3dMaGiK
Jul 4, 2011, 01:05 PM
at peak its 2 full servers. join jp tho. its getting bad on there with all these glitchers and scammers. not to mention all the people selling their worthless shit thru spamming

Do alot of english speaking players on the jp servers?
Is it the same cost?
What would i have to do, to be able to play on them?

w@rtech nation
Jul 4, 2011, 01:11 PM
when i bought my gamekey it cost $12 and some change. the population of engish players is growing and they having player meetings. i havent been to one yet but i plan to. ur going to have to have to enable jp installation. on psupedia there is step by step. http://psupedia.info/Joining_the_Japanese_Server the hardest thing imo is the security question that makes sure ur not a bot. its about coping and pasting symbols.

R3dMaGiK
Jul 4, 2011, 01:27 PM
when i bought my gamekey it cost $12 and some change. the population of engish players is growing and they having player meetings. i havent been to one yet but i plan to. ur going to have to have to enable jp installation. on psupedia there is step by step. http://psupedia.info/Joining_the_Japanese_Server the hardest thing imo is the security question that makes sure ur not a bot. its about coping and pasting symbols.

Thanks for the link.

Could not see a part about buying a jp key though, do you have a link for this?

------------------------------------

Edit

Ignore i have found it

w@rtech nation
Jul 4, 2011, 01:32 PM
its step 4

EvilJohn
Jul 4, 2011, 11:03 PM
Peak only 2 full servers? damn was thinking about comming back havent played since like 08

Ishia
Jul 4, 2011, 11:05 PM
The servers are actually at a high point. Used to be rare to even get a full universe a while ago.

Quatre52
Jul 4, 2011, 11:38 PM
I dont see glitching going on on 360...not really sure what hes talking about there...never been scammed either..

There is spamming in the main lobby tho, really doesn't mean much tho, other than a minor annoyance.

Ishia
Jul 5, 2011, 01:18 AM
Because you don't know what to look for.

padiwac
Jul 5, 2011, 02:37 AM
360 bashing again. Hope our forums are back soon.

w@rtech nation
Jul 5, 2011, 05:02 AM
360 bashing again. Hope our forums are back soon.

Bashing? Trust me. If I was bashing u would kno. I didn't even say fuck the 360 server. I play on both btw

SnowfoxZero
Jul 5, 2011, 05:19 AM
Bashing? Trust me. If I was bashing u would kno. I didn't even say fuck the 360 server. I play on both btw

http://forums.vr-zone.com/photopost/data/500/calm_down_bro.jpg

padiwac
Jul 5, 2011, 11:52 AM
Lobby spamming and glitching are minor annoyances to contend with until fixed. And only the ignorant get scammed. So the 360 servers are an excellent place to play.

bloodflowers
Jul 5, 2011, 12:41 PM
I dont see glitching going on on 360...not really sure what hes talking about there...never been scammed either..

There is spamming in the main lobby tho, really doesn't mean much tho, other than a minor annoyance.

Are you sure you're not playing 360 offline mode?

Scammers and glitchers are rampant and unchecked at the current time. Spammers too, plague the public lobbies like a swarm of locusts with their keyboard glitching. Shame the blacklist has a limit.

Keilyn
Jul 5, 2011, 01:53 PM
A lot better to play in JPN servers because Japanese as a people have a very poor track record of supporting anything outside their own nation. As long as you play in a jpn server you get closer to your money's worth.

The same is true for handhelds and junk....

Anything that comes from SEGA is much better played in Japan. This means PSObb, PSUJP, PS2 Infinity, PSO2.

Im not a Japanopheliac by any means. so don't get the wrong idea. Its a common fact that Japanese Companies and Corporations in many areas, not just video games really lack decent support outside their nation.

Majarra
Jul 5, 2011, 02:48 PM
The only games SEGA supports fully outside of Japan is Sonic the Hedgehog.

As far as Phantasy Star games go, just play all the Japanese versions. They still cut content to milk it (buncha dicks) but they are supported.

Quatre52
Jul 5, 2011, 02:55 PM
I do know what to look for, I simply dont see it.

LightBreaker
Jul 5, 2011, 05:42 PM
If you think that is minor I would hate to see what you think is major...

http://www.psodb.com/siteassets/adeowned.gif

Quatre52
Jul 5, 2011, 05:45 PM
If you think that is minor I would hate to see what you think is major...

Dreamcast and Gamecube PSO, they had major problems, xbox psu has minor problems if anything.

Ishia
Jul 5, 2011, 06:15 PM
http://www.psodb.com/siteassets/adeowned.gif

Table got told.

LightBreaker
Jul 5, 2011, 06:15 PM
Back to the OPs original concern. Population wise, both servers usually cap out at around 2 full universes.

On the JP servers everyone is more spread out while on the global servers everyone tends to cram into the first two universe.

If population is your only concern I would stick with the global servers.

padiwac
Jul 6, 2011, 03:00 AM
They're minor because it's very easy to get rid of them. Mute the spammers and blacklist/report the glitchers, and wait for the fixes.

Nereid
Jul 6, 2011, 03:16 AM
The only suggestion that you gave that actually works is mute/blacklist. Most/all of the major glitches in the game have not received a fix.

SnowfoxZero
Jul 6, 2011, 06:21 AM
Dreamcast and Gamecube PSO, they had major problems, xbox psu has minor problems if anything.

I'd say the way the GMs treat paying customers is a major problem.

padiwac
Jul 6, 2011, 08:11 AM

I was simply saying that none of the reasons given here are justifiable grounds for not joining the 360. The only reason to join the Jp server over ours is the extra content.

desturel
Jul 6, 2011, 08:36 AM
Spamming and glitching? Not a problem, go to a different universe... says the person who mostly solos. Uni 1 and Uni 2 problems aren't "US PSU" problems, they are people problems. If you want to play with other people then learn how to blacklist the glitchers and ignore the spammers. If you don't mind running solo, then it doesn't really matter what those other people are doing.

You don't get much spam on uni 6 or uni 10 for example, but you will get certain clans that call certain universes their home. There's a clan on uni 10, another clan on uni 15 and one on uni 8 that I know of. They normally don't spam, but they will have lobby conversations that are pretty strange from time to time.

str898mustang
Jul 6, 2011, 08:52 AM
They're minor because it's very easy to get rid of them. Mute the spammers and blacklist/report the glitchers which nothing happens to them, and wait for the fixes that come a year or two later

fixed

Rekreant
Jul 6, 2011, 02:02 PM

What you call a minor annoyance is what kept me off the high pop. servers because of the extreme annoyance.

Rekreant
Jul 6, 2011, 02:04 PM
I do know what to look for, I simply dont see it.

Then you have never been in a high star uni.

Rekreant
Jul 6, 2011, 02:15 PM
:whip:
Spamming and glitching? Not a problem, go to a different universe... says the person who mostly solos. Uni 1 and Uni 2 problems aren't "US PSU" problems, they are people problems. If you want to play with other people then learn how to blacklist the glitchers and ignore the spammers. If you don't mind running solo, then it doesn't really matter what those other people are doing.

You don't get much spam on uni 6 or uni 10 for example, but you will get certain clans that call certain universes their home. There's a clan on uni 10, another clan on uni 15 and one on uni 8 that I know of. They normally don't spam, but they will have lobby conversations that are pretty strange from time to time.

I have yet to witness JP players spam or even talk in chat for that matter. They are a more formal and courteous people than we are. A 12 yr old american kid will spam/hack/troll/scam and do all kinds of stupid stuff. A Japanese 12yr old will be much more mature as that it a goal a child in japan has. Here most kids were raised on Nickelodeon and 4chan to create these children that can't function in society(my self included.).

If you are a solo-gameplay centered player then you want JP more than anything. If you don't intend to interact with the player base wouldn't you want the least buggy most content rich experience?

I digress; ironically someone will come back with some circle logic or seta rhetoric to tell me I'm wrong. Sadly I am not.

pikachief
Jul 6, 2011, 02:36 PM

I have yet to witness JP players spam or even talk in chat for that matter.

Oh i see them talk! :D It's usually to tell us Americans to use party chat and to have more respect and not to clutter their screens :/ lol XD

Quatre52
Jul 6, 2011, 04:53 PM
Then you have never been in a high star uni.

I play on the uni2 or 1 every time I get on.

desturel
Jul 6, 2011, 04:59 PM
If you are a solo-gameplay centered player then you want JP more than anything. If you don't intend to interact with the player base wouldn't you want the least buggy most content rich experience?

It's not really a matter of features for me. Unlike many of the people here, I'm not worried about updates to content. At most I'd want some of the graphical slowdown to be fixed since I main techer, but I realize that's not coming anytime soon so I deal with it. It's certainly not important enough (to me) for me to throw my hands up in disgust, but I can understand why it is that important to others.

I also don't really need all of the trinkets that come with moving to the Japanese server. Heck, my room is still the default room from version 1 and I still wear the default clothes that I made my character with.

People who need constantly updated content and bug fixes are the ones who want to go to JP. For those who just want to play the game, this version is fine.

Rekreant
Jul 6, 2011, 05:56 PM
It's not really a matter of features for me. Unlike many of the people here, I'm not worried about updates to content. At most I'd want some of the graphical slowdown to be fixed since I main techer, but I realize that's not coming anytime soon so I deal with it. It's certainly not important enough (to me) for me to throw my hands up in disgust, but I can understand why it is that important to others.

I also don't really need all of the trinkets that come with moving to the Japanese server. Heck, my room is still the default room from version 1 and I still wear the default clothes that I made my character with.

People who need constantly updated content and bug fixes are the ones who want to go to JP. For those who just want to play the game, this version is fine.

I'm going to go out on a limb here, but are you also an undecided voter? That or a communist.

Keilyn
Jul 6, 2011, 06:03 PM
Its an action-oriented game. Content additions are nice considering money is paid on a monthly basis.

On a more scientific basis.....that experiment was already tried.

Remember PC EU/US servers?

Lack of updates there made people bored that in an event day you would see 3 stars in universe 1 and as new games kept being released with content addition, more and more players kept on leaving to the point the servers were shut down.

SEGA makes a ton of money from updates thanks to putting a lot of things on GC, but players are kept happy in the way they come back for more. It does show that updates are important.

You should be getting as many updates as possible for the money you pay considering every other major RPG online does get updates. To have a game in the genre without updating really is like playing a FIRST PERSON SHOOTER without a modding community existing to make new maps for everyone....and we all know what happened to Modern Warfare II :)

desturel
Jul 6, 2011, 07:10 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb here, but are you also an undecided voter? That or a communist.

I don't mind paying taxes so that roads can be maintained and teachers can get a decent salary. I do mind paying taxes to corporate executives who then turn around and jack up fees and interest rates while giving themselves large bonuses while laying off employees. I also have a problem with people crying about how their personal taxes should be lowered and supporting things like cutting Medicare and education to fund their personal tax breaks.

If that means communist, then that's what I am.

desturel
Jul 6, 2011, 07:41 PM
I like to get my moneys worth seeing as I work hard for those dollars and throwing them towards SOA is not getting my dollars worth. What you call trinkets I call regular content. But hey if you like waiting for bugged content and "unique" content its your choice!

There's several ways I can answer that:

1) Sarcastically while acting like an ass - Eh, I don't have to work too hard for my $10 a month. Less than an hours worth of work. Actually less than a 1/2 hour worth of work. Maybe you should get a better paying job.

2) Sarcastically while not acting like an ass - Considering the exchange rate, you are paying more than I am, so I think we are both getting our money's worth. Honestly you are being subsidized by the Guardians Cash crowd, so you are getting more service than you are paying for. Congrats.

3) Sarcastically the standard way - You know, you're right. I've been playing this game since 2006 and I never once realized that the Japanese servers get updated more frequently than the US servers. Thank you for opening my eyes to this previously unknown and overlooked piece of information

4) Raging fanboy - How dare you besmirch the sanctity of the International servers! オタク! ニート! お前の母さんぺったんこ

5) Straight forward - Maybe I haven't made it clear that I'm not worried about the extra content on the Japanese servers. I play this game because I like it.

I think I'll stick with #5. Seriously I'm not all that worried about it. This game is what I do to relax when I come home from work. It's not a business to me so I'm not looking for bang for my buck or anything like that. It's just a hobby.

Again, I completely understand why other people are upset about the lack of updates and the numerous botched updates when we finally get them over here (including this recent event, the Great Kubara race), but I'm not one of those people who is upset. The game is still here and I can still play it, so that's all that really matters to me.

Rekreant
Jul 6, 2011, 10:27 PM
There's several ways I can answer that:

1) Sarcastically while acting like an ass - Eh, I don't have to work too hard for my $10 a month. Less than an hours worth of work. Actually less than a 1/2 hour worth of work. Maybe you should get a better paying job.

2) Sarcastically while not acting like an ass - Considering the exchange rate, you are paying more than I am, so I think we are both getting our money's worth. Honestly you are being subsidized by the Guardians Cash crowd, so you are getting more service than you are paying for. Congrats.

3) Sarcastically the standard way - You know, you're right. I've been playing this game since 2006 and I never once realized that the Japanese servers get updated more frequently than the US servers. Thank you for opening my eyes to this previously unknown and overlooked piece of information

4) Raging fanboy - How dare you besmirch the sanctity of the International servers! オタク! ニート! お前の母さんぺったんこ

5) Straight forward - Maybe I haven't made it clear that I'm not worried about the extra content on the Japanese servers. I play this game because I like it.

I think I'll stick with #5. Seriously I'm not all that worried about it. This game is what I do to relax when I come home from work. It's not a business to me so I'm not looking for bang for my buck or anything like that. It's just a hobby.

Again, I completely understand why other people are upset about the lack of updates and the numerous botched updates when we finally get them over here (including this recent event, the Great Kubara race), but I'm not one of those people who is upset. The game is still here and I can still play it, so that's all that really matters to me.

Then if anything we have made it so you cannot claim ignorance for your actions.

Quatre52
Jul 6, 2011, 10:34 PM
Just want to add..

all content, and getting updates are 2 different things.

Were getting updates, and have been getting regular updates for awhile now.

No, were not up to date on all the content that japan has..but we never were meant to be up to date with them...being a bit further behind then planned really isn't that big of a deal, seeing as were getting updates anyways.

Ishia
Jul 6, 2011, 10:53 PM
Pretty much every update we've gotten recently has been bugged or broken though. Also, the English servers were up 3 months after Japan's. Going from 3 months to 2 years is really quite bad.

desturel
Jul 6, 2011, 11:36 PM
Funny how you thought it was directed at you :)

What you call trinkets I call regular content.

Considering I'm the only person who used the word trinkets, I believe that is what most would call a directed response.

Then if anything we have made it so you cannot claim ignorance for your actions.

How would I claim ignorance for my actions when I've repeatedly said that I'm not worried about the trinkets you guys are worried about?

Lawlerspock1980
Jul 7, 2011, 12:45 AM

I have yet to witness JP players spam or even talk in chat for that matter. They are a more formal and courteous people than we are. A 12 yr old american kid will spam/hack/troll/scam and do all kinds of stupid stuff. A Japanese 12yr old will be much more mature as that it a goal a child in japan has. Here most kids were raised on Nickelodeon and 4chan to create these children that can't function in society(my self included.).

I digress; ironically someone will come back with some circle logic or seta rhetoric to tell me I'm wrong. Sadly I am not.

More mature? Somebody hasn't been to the JP PSU uploader before.
http://www.psuxxx.info/uploader/
The fact that they have the message "晒し画像のアップは厳禁です!" pretty much tells you how much more mature they are. They are just as screwed up as everyone else.
http://www.psuxxx.info/uploader/src/up8792.jpg
http://www.psuxxx.info/uploader/src/up8782.jpg
http://www.psuxxx.info/uploader/src/up8080.jpg
http://www.psuxxx.info/uploader/src/up8032.jpg
http://www.psuxxx.info/uploader/src/up7622.jpg

Ishia
Jul 7, 2011, 01:07 AM
Terrible pixelated-ass. My favorite.

Christmas
Jul 7, 2011, 01:08 AM
Those are just normal pixel-pantsu shots! Unlike this.
(http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm42/Misaki-Ki/Games/ero.gif)

desturel
Jul 7, 2011, 01:14 AM
More mature? Somebody hasn't been to the JP PSU uploader before.

To be fair, Maxima's outfit is a bit skimpy. Amil Manaflare is about the only female character from Shining Hearts who most would consider "fully clothed". Tony didn't exactly design them to be completely covered.

Majarra
Jul 7, 2011, 01:24 AM
You guys are getting feisty. Settle down, children.

Desturel enjoys the game the way it is, he doesn't need all the content JP servers has. He just enjoys PSU as a whole.

The Japanese are perverted, nothing new here. PSP2i asses are extremely pixelated and wherever there's a JRPG with customization, expect skimpy outfits and plently of lewd images or videos posted on the internet of said girls in revealing clothing. We can all agree on this, yes?

anymore Christmas?

Nitro Vordex
Jul 7, 2011, 02:28 AM
I haven't seen any players using glitches on the US 360 servers. Just annoying chat spam. Though after about a minute I just kinda get used to it. Turns into background noise.

iBaylin
Jul 7, 2011, 03:07 AM
I don't get how people are not see all the bad that's going on in 360 psu. I see the glitching, the spamming, and scamming. And it's at a all new high. It's never been this bad before. My question to you all is how can you not see it? The only answer I can come up with is that many of you stay away from uni 1 and 2.

The content, task that a whole different problem.
And I'm not even going to get on the lack of customer support....

I like PSU. I really do. It just sad to see the state the game is in now. It could of been so much more.

On Topic - The population is okay. Coming from the PC, it's no where near how bad that was. But I have notice the great decline of a lot of older/top tier players. If you're new to the game (Or in your case a returning player) seeing a lot of people isn't going to be your problem. The scamming, booting, and lack of decent players will be the problem. It's bad for new players. (However if you played before and still have friends to play with you should be okay)

Quatre52
Jul 7, 2011, 03:10 AM
Theirs plenty of good players on 360 side, the only complaint I'd have with people on 360 side is lack of talking in games, or people not sticking around for multiple runs.

The teams I join are still good for a run tho.

Rekreant
Jul 7, 2011, 04:31 PM
To be fair, Maxima's outfit is a bit skimpy. Amil Manaflare is about the only female character from Shining Hearts who most would consider "fully clothed". Tony didn't exactly design them to be completely covered.

Maturity has nothing to do with cultural sexuality. In japan this is quite common and not seen to be a concern. The point is there isn't spam there, you have already been totally skipped over for some patches, and to top it all off there is zero support.

Rekreant
Jul 7, 2011, 04:35 PM
How would I claim ignorance for my actions when I've repeatedly said that I'm not worried about the trinkets you guys are worried about?

You don't need to claim ignorance for it to be true. You are trying to tell people the is no reason to go to JP servers. We know that MOST people wouldn't want to play a broken watered down version of a game. Now you on the other hand try to troll and argue probably so you can take advantage of more players with your scams.

desturel
Jul 8, 2011, 01:16 AM
Maturity has nothing to do with cultural sexuality. In japan this is quite common and not seen to be a concern.

First, you seem to have reading comprehension problems. You keep attributing quotes to me that I have not made. When did I make any comment about how Maturity vs. imagery?

What I stated, and you quoted, was that Maxima's outfit was skimpy. Perhaps you are unaware, but the character designer for Shining Hearts is a ero-artist (aka a pornographic artist) who goes by the handle Taka Tony (Tanaka Takayuki aka T2). This is what I was referring to when I stated "Tony didn't exactly design them to be completely covered".

Second, are you kidding? Sexuality and maturity are definitely sore points in Japan, especially taking current events into consideration. You are definitely not keeping up with Japanese news if you think that something like an upskirt shot is completely normal in Japan. Just because it's okay in video game and anime otaku circles does not mean it's accepted by Japan as a whole.

It's not hard to find a news story in Japan about someone being arrested for attempted upskirt photography:
http://sankei.jp.msn.com/affairs/news/110624/crm11062410420004-n1.htm
http://sankei.jp.msn.com/affairs/news/110226/crm11022618100014-n1.htm

Also there was the whole proposed ban on all sexual materials in relation to 2D characters of an unspecified age:
http://www.itmedia.co.jp/news/articles/1003/09/news103.html
http://www.47news.jp/CN/201003/CN2010031501000324.html
http://www.itmedia.co.jp/news/articles/1012/15/news051.html

Assuming things like 'Japanese are okay with this type of behavior' and 'it's normal and mature over there' only shows me that you don't know much, if anything, about Japan. I suggest you look up the terms hikikomori, NEET, and Otaku and see if they have a positive or negative connotation in Japan. Then take a wild guess what category most Japanese think guys taking upskirt shots of video game characters falls into.

You don't need to claim ignorance for it to be true.

What does this even mean?

You are trying to tell people the is no reason to go to JP servers.

Not once did I say that. Read through this thread again. Your delusions are getting the better of you.

We know that MOST people wouldn't want to play a broken watered down version of a game.

I would say that there are a greater number of non-Japanese people on the Xbox360 servers than there are non-Japanese on the PC servers. So "MOST" non-Japanese people are playing the broken watered down version of the game. Perhaps you should say that MOST Japanese people wouldn't want to play a broken watered down version of the game and that SOME international players are also fed up enough that they made the switch.

Now you on the other hand try to troll and argue probably so you can take advantage of more players with your scams.

My scams? Please tell me how I am able to scam people by soloing on a random number universe? Look through the trade forums and find a single post that I have made either trying to sell a weapon or trying to buy a weapon.

It's a bit hard to scam people when you:
1) don't go to uni 1/ uni 2 (except when the game starts me in those universes)
2) don't initiate a trade on the forums
3) don't make an offer on an item in the forums
4) don't have any advertised items in your player shop.

Please tell me, oh great potentate, how I am able to magically scam people in PSU. Oh sure, I could spam "selling 10/10 Final Impact!!!" on Uni 13, but I doubt I would get as many suckers as if I spammed the same thing on uni 2 or put it in my shop advertisement.

THLPSC
Jul 8, 2011, 01:26 AM
On Topic: The Xbox 360 server is not all that bad if you do not look at updates on JP and don't mind bugged content sometimes and the population is quite healthy compared to what it has been in the past so to the OP I would say if you enjoy the game now is not a bad time at all to join as there is an event going on which mean easy exp and MP and meseta.
Here is the event website if you want more info http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/event/makerrace2011/en/

Nitro Vordex
Jul 8, 2011, 01:43 AM
I don't get how people are not see all the bad that's going on in 360 psu. I see the glitching, the spamming, and scamming. And it's at a all new high. It's never been this bad before. My question to you all is how can you not see it? The only answer I can come up with is that many of you stay away from uni 1 and 2.

I still haven't seen any glitching. Care to tell me what these glitches are?

Spamming sucks. Not much you can do about it. It's in plenty of games.

Scamming is other people's problems. If they're dumb enough to fall for it, oh well.

Nereid
Jul 8, 2011, 01:46 AM
Grinder Glitch and Machinegun Glitch are the most prominent. Standbying trades is also probably a problem but I'm not sure if that's considered a glitch or not..

THLPSC
Jul 8, 2011, 01:53 AM
Think I've heard of the machinegun glitch but I don't know about the Grinder Glitch.

The grinder glitch has been going on for years its people even do it on JP PSU so its quite obvious Sega has not intention of fixing it or trying to fix it.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 8, 2011, 02:03 AM
The grinder glitch has been going on for years its people even do it on JP PSU so its quite obvious Sega has not intention of fixing it or trying to fix it.
Yeah but what is it?

THLPSC
Jul 8, 2011, 02:05 AM
Yeah but what is it?

Its a glitch where a persons goal is to get S+10s though I am not going to post the actual glitch information.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 8, 2011, 02:10 AM
Oh. Oh well. Doesn't bother me that much then.

desturel
Jul 8, 2011, 08:56 AM

The S+10 glitching is a problem because it skews the economy. The machine gun glitching is mostly an annoyance for other players.

S+10 grinder glitching is the only way to circumvent the absurdly low rate of obtaining S+10 grinders. If you make grinders the traditional way, there is only a 3% change of getting an S+10 Grinder as opposed to any other grinder. For example an S+9 has about a 9% chance of making. Because people glitch S+10 grinders, that devalues all other grinders to the point that it's more expensive to make grinders than it is to just go to someone's shop and purchase an S+10.

It also drops the price of 10/10 weapons. Because of the reduced cost and increased availability of S+10 grinders, more people can afford to make 10/10 weapons which then reduces their cost on the market.

So depending on how much you actually care about the PSU economy, you should care about s+10 glitching.

Machinegun glitching on the other hand, has had a dramatically reduced amount of effectiveness over the course of the game. That is mostly a sign of extreme laziness. In the current state of the the classes that use Machineguns are noticeably inferior to the master classes, which are the strongest classes in the game. Also, depending on the mission, a master class character with fully leveled photon arts can complete a mission quicker than a Machinegun glitcher.

Back when the original glitch was in wider use, it was a problem in that the glitchers could complete a mission faster than people who legitimately played the game. That was what caused all of the drama on events like 1Up cup and later on caused a good number of people to be banned during Maximum Attack G. After other clasess were powered up to the point that they could do as much or more damage than the glitchers, it just became a sign of an inconsiderate player.

Of course it still affects people who are attempting to enjoy the game casually, but taking a "ban and move on" mentality is less frustrating than trying to get SEGA to take action either through code revisions or increased ban rate.

Rekreant
Jul 8, 2011, 11:22 AM
Its a glitch where a persons goal is to get S+10s though I am not going to post the actual glitch information.

If you have the information get it out to the public. Maybe if is widespread enough they will fix it.

w@rtech nation
Jul 8, 2011, 11:27 AM
No just no. Its bad enough the original s10 glitch fucked economy. No need to do that agian

Nereid
Jul 8, 2011, 01:20 PM
There are a few accurate videos of how to do it on Youtube...it's not getting fixed, lol.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 8, 2011, 01:57 PM
snip
If it makes them so cheap, why are things still in the goddamn millions for meseta. Economy been had broken. Unless it just makes max grind weapons easier, rather than their unground versions.

Can't people just use the photon fortune? It's a good idea, I swear.

Isolde
Jul 8, 2011, 03:25 PM
If you have the information get it out to the public. Maybe if is widespread enough they will fix it.

In February of 2008, a player who was getting banned for S+10 Glitch decided to post a Video on YouTube. The night before the video hit, the cheapest S+10 in a player shop was 150k. I know this because it was for sale in my shop.

I logon to PSU the next day expecting to see some meseta in my PM. I saw nothing and wondered why? I did a search for S+10 and the cheapest S+10 was 100 meseta. Yes, 100 meseta. No, that is not a typo.

SEGA knew about the Video. SEGA's failure of a 'fix' was to permanently ban some players, at least until they bitched and cried enough to get unbanned. Other players were temporarily banned. A few days later, messages started to scroll across the top of the screen warning players NOT to sell S+10 in their shop or they could be banned.

SEGA *should* have done a rollback, shutdown the servers for 1-2 weeks and come up with a permanent fix. But that would have cost time and money which would have impacted SEGA's 'bottom line'. As a result, there are many elite players who have elite gear and were able to acquire their gear as a direct or indirect result of the S+10 Glitch, even if they are not willing to admit to it, lol. And just to be clear, direct result = glitching themselves and possibly having multiple accounts in case of ban. Indirect result means receiving S+10 or meseta / items from a friend who knows he is about to get banned OR buying S+10s for very cheap, holding onto them until the price went back up and selling for a VERY substantial profit OR a combination of the two. I could name a few names, but that would probably violate the Forum Rules, lol.

THLPSC
Jul 8, 2011, 03:29 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN7H4er53ng
Here you go for all to see.

BIG OLAF
Jul 8, 2011, 03:33 PM
If that actually worked, everyone would know about that video, and more people would be doing it. Considering the high price of S+10s, I doubt that method actually works (which is a good thing).

THLPSC
Jul 8, 2011, 03:38 PM
If that actually worked, everyone would know about that video, and more people would be doing it. Considering the high price of S+10s, I doubt that method actually works (which is a good thing).

There are plenty of people that do that method its just time consuming and little kids have low attention span. But who knows maybe it was fixed lol hahaha its Sega are you kidding me

bloodflowers
Jul 8, 2011, 03:41 PM
SEGA *should* have done a rollback, shutdown the servers for 1-2 weeks and come up with a permanent fix. But that would have cost time and money which would have impacted SEGA's 'bottom line'. As a result, there are many elite players who have elite gear and were able to acquire their gear as a direct or indirect result of the S+10 Glitch, even if they are not willing to admit to it, lol. And just to be clear, direct result = glitching themselves and possibly having multiple accounts in case of ban. Indirect result means receiving S+10 or meseta / items from a friend who knows he is about to get banned OR buying S+10s for very cheap, holding onto them until the price went back up and selling for a VERY substantial profit OR a combination of the two. I could name a few names, but that would probably violate the Forum Rules, lol.

I don't think its quite as black & white as you think. Some people became fabulously rich, but inequality has always existed due to meseta buyers. What it definitely did do is devalue weapons across the board except for the absolute best gear, which has benefitted players of every level ever since, especially newbies.

The correct fix would have been to stick Base S in the NPC for 2k each, forever holding the price low and preventing long term super-inflation profiteering. That was too simple, easy, player friendly and logical though.

BIG OLAF
Jul 8, 2011, 03:41 PM
Well, I'll have to take it with a grain handful of salt. If the maker of the video wanted to prove that it worked, he should have actually shown himself doing it (with blurring out his name, probably). The video was most likely made to just make desperate people waste their time.

THLPSC
Jul 8, 2011, 03:45 PM
Well, I'll have to take it with a grain handful of salt. If the maker of the video wanted to prove that it worked, he should have actually shown himself doing it (with blurring out his name, probably). The video was most likely made to just make desperate people waste their time.

Well lets just say the name of the youtube account is of a person who know by most of the old time players to be connected with the grinder glitch as the person hoarded tons of s+10s when the massive glitch was out and ended up with billions after all the dust cleared. The person had billions of meseta at his disposal.

desturel
Jul 8, 2011, 03:58 PM
If it makes them so cheap, why are things still in the goddamn millions for meseta.

Even though they are millions of meseta they are completely undervalued.

This will take a bit of explaining, so read at your own peril.

One Grinder Base S costs an average of 45 to 50k meseta. Let's just say 50k is the base for the purpose of this explanation.

With a success rate of 3% (average) for an S+10, in order to make 10 S+10 consistently you need to, on average, make around 330 grinders. Of course you could get lucky and get 10 S+10 with 10 grinders, but we are working by the averages here. 330*50000 = 16,500,000. Also 330 base S require 66 S boards to make (5 grinders per board). An S board costs 30k meseta so 66*30000 = 1,980,000

So before you even start grinding an S rank weapon you need to lay out 18,480,000 to make 10 S+10 grinders in the legit manner.

Even if you get extremely lucky and get your 10 S+10 grinders in, lets say 100 grinders (a 10% success rate) you are still spending 5,060,000 meseta. 60,000 for 20 boards + 5,000,000 for 100 grinders.

"Well", you might say, "I have 300 grinders. Why I can just make my 10 grinders myself the legit way. I'd only spend 1.8mil on 60 boards to make my 300 grinders." Because you are still wasting money. Why make your 300 grinders and spend 1.8 mil when you can sell your grinder bases for 40k a pop (undercutting the market price by 10k) make a nice 12 mil profit, buy 10 S+10 for 900k each and still come out with a net profit of 3mil. That's a 4.8 mil swing in cash (3 mil profit from selling your grinder bases under market value plus 1.8 mil in savings for not having to buy S boards)

But wait, I still have answered your question "If it makes them so cheap, why are things still in the goddamn millions for meseta". Why? Because grinding in this game isn't guaranteed.

Let's take my example above and say you made 300 grinders and this is your results:
30 +1
35 +2
40 +3
30 +4
50 +5
45 +6
30 +7
25 +8
30 +9
15 +10
(these are my results from making 330 grinders a few days ago so subtract 30 from there to get 300. To be honest, I got the last 5 S+10 on the last board so 5 of the 30 you should subtract would be in the S+10 range).

Congrats, you have a 5% success rate on S+10 which is pretty good. 1.8 mil spent on boards. 0 spent on grinders (or you could consider it a 15mil loss since you could have just sold the grinder bases, but lets dwell on the positive here).

Now with those 15 grinder base S, lets try making a weapon.

3 star luck, no grind boost:
http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/963/psugrindchart3luck.gif[/QUOTE]

Lets say for the sake of brevity that you use an S+1 on your first grind, an S+7 on your second grind (to keep within the 90% rate), then you use S+8, S+9, and S+10 on every successive grind. In other words your grinds would look like the following:
+1
+7
+8
+9
+10
+10
+10
+10
+10
+10

So to get a 10/10 you would need to use 6 S+10 grinders. Alternately if you are like most people who grind without a grind boost, you will instead do:
+9
+10
+10
+10
+10
+10
+10
+10
+10
+10

or 9 S+10 to make one 10/10 weapon.

Because of the grind rate, the maximum amount of weapons you'll likely be able to attempt to make to 10/10 with 15 S+10 is 2. I don't know if you've ground weapons before, but taking two weapons up and expecting to come away with one of them 10/10 will lead to nothing but disappointment.

However lets say that you are lucky and you do get one of your two S rank weapons to 10/10 with the 15 grinders you made. How much do you think that weapon is worth at the minimum?

I would assume that the minimum price you should value and/or sell that 10/10 weapon for should be the cost of 6 to 10 S+10 grinders (at the current market value) + the 1.8 mil you spent on your boards + the cost of the weapon 0/10.

So lets take a Needle Cannon, which only costs about 90k right now thanks to Seabed Echos. The value of your 10/10 Needle Cannon should be (in all fairness) 5.4mil (6 S+10 grinders at current market value) + 1.8mil + 90k = 7,290,000 meseta. Another value could consider is 8.1 mil (9 S+10) + 1.8mil + 90k = 9,990,000 meseta.

An all you do if you do sell it for that much is recoup the money you spent in making the item. Basically, that's your break even price point. I suppose you could sell your S+9. Lets say you sell 28 of them for 50k. That's 1.4mil profit. Then you can pass that profit on as a price break for the 10/10 needle cannon and sell it for 5,890,000. You would still only break even.

In conclusion, how much do you expect 10/10 weapons to sell for?

Nitro Vordex
Jul 9, 2011, 02:06 AM
snip
Read a couple paragraphs, got what you were saying. Cost of making grinders makes making ground weapons more expensive, therefore they have to be sold plus grinders price, and time and money.