PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 SRank Armour and new Class

MadOrange
Jul 6, 2011, 07:54 AM
Hi all,

I have recently decided to go back to playing PSU, my on-line PSU name is: Tasco

My character is now lvl 82 thanks to the special mission events :)

I noticed last night that my class was on lvl 20, so I decided to change to something else.

However, when i change, I can not wear my S Rank armour? So my question is:

What lvl can i re-wear my S rank armour? Or do I have to re-buy new S Rank for my new class?

If so, I can see this being rather expensive, if you have to re-buy armour every time you change?

Any help would be appreciated.

Tasco

Chunky McMunky
Jul 6, 2011, 08:07 AM
when you change to a new class your class level goes down and so do your stats so you will have to level up your new class to get your def stat back up

desturel
Jul 6, 2011, 08:26 AM
What class did you change to and what race are you? We could give you suggestions on what you can get if we know those things. Basically if you went from Fighmaster to Masterforce, we would have to suggest different things than if you switched from Fortefighter to Fighgunner.

NightSun
Jul 6, 2011, 08:29 AM
What lvl can i re-wear my S rank armour? Or do I have to re-buy new S Rank for my new class?
Tasco

Your level does not effect which armor your able to use (Unless you count the fact that level increases your DEF). It all depends on your DEF stat, as long as it is high enough then you should be able to use your armor. The only thing that changes that is some armor can be use only by some types. An example of this would be "Rabol Nico" it can only be used by Fortefighters and Fighmasters. There is other armor that is exclusive to gunner-types it all depends.

MadOrange
Jul 6, 2011, 10:07 AM
Hi all,

Well I am at work right now - but I think I am:

Human

LVL 20 Class: Fighgunner

I wanted to swith to either:

Gunmaster or Fortegunner

I did check last night and I have ranked up the other classes to choose either of the above.

I can't remember what my armour bits I have as I am at work.

Thanks in advance

Tasco

pikachief
Jul 6, 2011, 02:08 PM
Yup some armors are class specific, when you change your class and if you can't equip it it'll tell you either that you do not have the required DFP or that you are the wrong class on the armor.

If your DFP is too low you just need to level up your new class a bit

desturel
Jul 6, 2011, 04:41 PM
Hmm, looking at the stat simulator (which I'm not sure is correct for the US servers, but there shouldn't be that much of a difference) lvl 82 Human Male Gunmaster 1 has 133 DFP and Fortegunner 1 has 88 DFP. That should be enough for most armors. What armor do you have right now that you can't wear?

If you are looking for something that you can wear that's S rank, you could always go with Serafi-senba. You should also be able to wear storm line as Gunmaster (you would need to be Fortegunner 4 to wear a storm line, but that's not very time consuming to get to).

What are you wearing now that you can't equip?

MadOrange
Jul 7, 2011, 03:55 AM
Hi,

Again I am at work lol

I am not sure what my Armour is called.

I did go Gunmaster last night, but I got bored and went back to my Other LVL 20 Class.

When trying a new class, it feels like starting the game all over again.

So, I just went and joined some S Rank runs to keep levelling my character whilst the event is still on. That way I am earning better money in missions.

I have found x 4 Carri Blades, so I will save them until the price goes up after the event and then sell them?

Tasco

TheAstarion
Jul 7, 2011, 04:52 AM
Carriguine blades are at an all-time low, so saving them for later is a good idea. Either to sell, or to use when some other resource like Goldania drops significantly.

If you look on your armour when you're a lower levelled class, take a look at the requirement at the bottom. If it says the DFP requirement and what you have, then good news, you'll be able to use it at some point. If it says "cannot equip" for any reason, then your type can't use it. It's the same for weapons; some things are restricted to CAST-only, or men only, for instance.

As for the whole "starting afresh" vibe... you should try Protranser level 1 for that!

MadOrange
Jul 7, 2011, 05:19 AM
Thanks all,

I guess I need to focus on gaining money for now then whilst the event is still on.

I have never been into the "shop" side of things in PSU, as I had some rich friends that used to play. Now they have left, I need to wise up and stand on my own two virtual feet :)

Thank you all for posting.

That is one thing that makes PSU a great game: The players that care.

Tasco