PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone noticed the scam spam lately.

iiiTz SHiNoBiii
Jul 6, 2011, 12:34 PM
Has anyone noticed all the spam scam there is? lol it feels like your in uni 2 but its full of bots!
All you see is play gacha a lot of gold bars 50/50 GB play its cheap >_>, presents 2/3 are GB...
LOL Guess I'm the only one annoyed by all the scammers spamming.
I had to go on a mute spree the other day and they never end!!! there like the energizer bunny they just keep going and going.
I think the GM's need to get on and clear some people out they only create lag :-?.
Anyone else annoyed by this?

Powder Keg
Jul 6, 2011, 12:46 PM
I think this is one thing the moderators/GMs really need to shift some focus onto. It's gotten to the point where it's no different than those old AOL chatrooms that are filled with nothing but spambots. It's just totally unpleasant and gives off a bad vibe to newer players.

Ellrick C-63
Jul 6, 2011, 12:52 PM
If only they (GMs) ever logged on to see the state of the game...The only mod I ever see is Silver19, and I dont think he has authority in-game to really do anything except give warnings.

iiiTz SHiNoBiii
Jul 6, 2011, 01:04 PM
I think this is one thing the moderators/GMs really need to shift some focus onto. It's gotten to the point where it's no different than those old AOL chatrooms that are filled with nothing but spambots. It's just totally unpleasant and gives off a bad vibe to newer players.

i agree

landman
Jul 6, 2011, 01:07 PM
Last I remember, blacklisting players worked great.

iiiTz SHiNoBiii
Jul 6, 2011, 01:19 PM
Last I remember, blacklisting players worked great.

the problem with that method is once black listed they will no longer be a future customer at your shop becuase they cant enter your room. The majority feel like bots but some are people that have nothing to do but ruin the game when they are bored, but once they get tired of scamming they go to shops to buy stuff just as a usual person.
Solution is muting there gamertag it stops visual messages in game and does not restrict the shop.
The problem with this is finding the person sometimes is very annoying cuase at least for me my game wont load everyone up after awhile some start loading up sometimes it takes forever for the person you are looking for to load/spwan and i don't know why lag i guess:confused:

boomadatigger
Jul 6, 2011, 01:26 PM

Sounds like a hall monitor to me. "HEY! No spamming on the 4th! Next time I see that I'ma give ya 10 demerits!"

bloodflowers
Jul 6, 2011, 01:35 PM
Sounds like a hall monitor to me. "HEY! No spamming on the 4th! Next time I see that I'ma give ya 10 demerits!"

He's right, though. It's needed to happen for a long long time - behold the legacy of neglect. Not to mention, a good portion of the spammers are using the keyboard glitch and therefore breaking the ToS anyway.

Keilyn
Jul 6, 2011, 01:41 PM
A perfect example of why I do not regret learning how to fight.

If you want to destroy the scammers in the 360 version of the game, all you had to do is anonymously create a web page and link it directly to the community and allow name entry to catalogue the scammers and as a community weed out the scammers/spammers.

What WILL happen is the scammers will complain to "SEGA" that they are feeling "Discriminated" for paying a fee to play the game and not being allowed to scam and what WILL happen is SEGA will come down the player's throats since they will stand to lose money from the scammers.

Since the site can be made anonymously and conditions/terms can be set and the community can defend itself, the only way SEGA could rectify the situation is by actually doing a FULL SWEEP of their game and actually doing something about the problem.

...and each time SEGA lets up, simply throw another page up there and spread it.

Its what we did for some games and we remember being threatened to be sued and other crap. All companies did was attempt to throw fear tactics and public opinion, but since companies love to sugar-coat themselves on their official pages and spend the majority of money on credibility..

All you gotta do is anonymously damage that credibility as public opinion without it being Slander or Libel (meaning it MUST be true) and there is absolutely nothing they can do except sweep their games and actually solve their problems.

Trust me on this. I've been to developer press conferences before and the first questions that always pop up are questions on how consumers are customers are treated based on their previous games...and these questions go back to actions dating back anywhere to five - ten years in the past...

...So no matter how long companies try to hide it, Gamers always remember.

Neither Sega nor microsoft can stop a full banning of the players in a server doing something about problems they can't solve and if they get in the way...simply expose both of them since both companies aren't doing well at the moment.

iiiTz SHiNoBiii
Jul 6, 2011, 01:44 PM
He's right, though. It's needed to happen for a long long time - behold the legacy of neglect. Not to mention, a good portion of the spammers are using the keyboard glitch and therefore breaking the ToS anyway.

I also agree, they would not pay someone to just stop spammers though but amongst other things they must do, it would help if they checked once in a while for bots or spammers
But sadly there is to much that needs to be fixed and its not happening anytime soon so not much we can do i guess but discuss it until they decide to fix it.

bloodflowers
Jul 6, 2011, 01:48 PM
There have been various sites exposing scammers for a while, off and on. It doesn't work because a large portion of the community on the 360 don't actually visit web sites.

You don't even need to make it anonymous either. My blog has some when I see them and can be bothered obtaining proof, and there's always Key Of Twilight too - http://www.keyoftwilight.com/reports/

Fun fact - AIDEN THE HERO was reported on my blog and to Sega months ago. I saw him doing it again last night. What's the point?

iiiTz SHiNoBiii
Jul 6, 2011, 01:55 PM
A perfect example of why I do not regret learning how to fight.

If you want to destroy the scammers in the 360 version of the game, all you had to do is anonymously create a web page and link it directly to the community and allow name entry to catalogue the scammers and as a community weed out the scammers/spammers.

What WILL happen is the scammers will complain to "SEGA" that they are feeling "Discriminated" for paying a fee to play the game and not being allowed to scam and what WILL happen is SEGA will come down the player's throats since they will stand to lose money from the scammers.

Since the site can be made anonymously and conditions/terms can be set and the community can defend itself, the only way SEGA could rectify the situation is by actually doing a FULL SWEEP of their game and actually doing something about the problem.

...and each time SEGA lets up, simply throw another page up there and spread it.

Its what we did for some games and we remember being threatened to be sued and other crap. All companies did was attempt to throw fear tactics and public opinion, but since companies love to sugar-coat themselves on their official pages and spend the majority of money on credibility..

All you gotta do is anonymously damage that credibility as public opinion without it being Slander or Libel (meaning it MUST be true) and there is absolutely nothing they can do except sweep their games and actually solve their problems.

Trust me on this. I've been to developer press conferences before and the first questions that always pop up are questions on how consumers are customers are treated based on their previous games...and these questions go back to actions dating back anywhere to five - ten years in the past...

...So no matter how long companies try to hide it, Gamers always remember.

Neither Sega nor microsoft can stop a full banning of the players in a server doing something about problems they can't solve and if they get in the way...simply expose both of them since both companies aren't doing well at the moment.

^^;wow just wow, Thumbs up;-)

boomadatigger
Jul 6, 2011, 01:56 PM

Maybe they have a priority list or something for problems?

1. Get Booma on trumped up charges.

2. Get Bloodflowers for being overly critical of Sega and embarrassing us in front of kids.

3. Get Ishia, because he's obnoxious and not for actually breaking ToS.

4. Everything else when we feel like logging onto the game and doing the job we are paid to do.

Sounds like something Clumsy would put together.

gordon/alpha999
Jul 6, 2011, 04:30 PM
Maybe they should try sending a banner that will inform them that they are breaking the terms of services. That will scare them >_>

Nereid
Jul 6, 2011, 04:34 PM
Or maybe they should do nothing and you should just deal with it. Honestly, they won't do anything, so don't expect them to. If a couple of morons fall victim to some stupid gacha scams it's their fault for being gullible.

THLPSC
Jul 6, 2011, 04:57 PM
Maybe they have a priority list or something for problems?

1. Get Booma on trumped up charges.

2. Get Bloodflowers for being overly critical of Sega and embarrassing us in front of kids.

3. Get Ishia, because he's obnoxious and not for actually breaking ToS.

4. Everything else when we feel like logging onto the game and doing the job we are paid to do.

Sounds like something Clumsy would put together.
HAHAHAHAHAH you are too funny

Retri
Jul 6, 2011, 07:10 PM
I bl'd about 10 people and most of it went away ... various chars some seem to be in league with each other, constant spam and the demo converts thinking the same goes on the main game seems to be popular at the mo. Best practice gtfo of uni 1 & 2 ;)

boomadatigger
Jul 6, 2011, 08:52 PM
Best practice gtfo of uni 1 & 2 ;)

Or just play the game. Seriously, if someone is hanging around the 4th knowing what goes down on there and gets irritated about it then they've no one to blame but themselves.

gordon/alpha999
Jul 6, 2011, 11:01 PM
HAaa, i don't even know why i have even bothered, i should joined JP when i had the chance. I was offered a chance then turned it down.

Ishia
Jul 6, 2011, 11:03 PM
May as well just wait for PSO2, Gordon.

pikachief
Jul 7, 2011, 12:15 AM
HAaa, i don't even know why i have even bothered, i should joined JP when i had the chance. I was offered a chance then turned it down.

It's always there! lol just saying :P

iiiTz SHiNoBiii
Jul 7, 2011, 10:38 AM
May as well just wait for PSO2, Gordon.

Agreed, I'm sure the majority of us are moving on to PSO2.

Vintasticvin
Jul 8, 2011, 11:59 AM
I'll be moving to PSO2 the moment it is released to the general public :D I SO cant wait for this moumental gaming event to happen!

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 8, 2011, 12:07 PM
I'll be moving to PSO2 the moment it is released to the general public :D I SO cant wait for this moumental gaming event to happen!

YES! Totaly! That is, assuming it will come here. A lot of people, including me, have high hopes for it.

str898mustang
Jul 8, 2011, 01:05 PM
JP PSU is having a special offer of a free game key for new players. (still have to pay the monthly fee for prem. though)