PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU Jabroga

Majarra
Jul 6, 2011, 09:01 PM
Is there any place where Jabroga still has use? Or has Tornado Break stolen all its thunder? I'm curious because I don't know if I should start leveling that up during the PA boost.

Keilyn
Jul 6, 2011, 09:06 PM
When fighting Dimma or Onma....

or anytime you wish to trigger the "just-attack"

When rushing those bosses they tend to fly before you reach them, Jabroga manages to reach vs other PAs.

milranduil
Jul 6, 2011, 09:28 PM
Only if your ping is high enough...mine is 140 and I still can't.

Majarra
Jul 6, 2011, 09:49 PM
Do you mean lower ping, adios? My ping ranges from 150-155 on average.

THLPSC
Jul 6, 2011, 10:04 PM
Do you mean lower ping, adios? My ping ranges from 150-155 on average.

No you have to have a higher ping when trying to jabroga dimo before he takes off. I have a 200ping to JP I will test if I can later today when the servers are back up

milranduil
Jul 6, 2011, 10:23 PM
^

Also, Jabroga is very useful in the right situation. I still use it with freeze traps against any group of mobs. It doesn't miss horribly often and does 11k+ with 10/10 Ank Foil.

Keilyn
Jul 6, 2011, 10:30 PM
Only if your ping is high enough...mine is 140 and I still can't.

My ping fluxuates from 150 - 200 in one connection and 90 in the other connection. I use my best connection for my server. You know there is a lot you can do to improve loading times and performance in-game. Ping is one of many areas in performance people talk about because its the easiest one to talk about, and most widely known by most gamers. The majority do not know how to configure their own systems for optimum performance.

milranduil
Jul 6, 2011, 10:53 PM
That doesn't change the fact that you need roughly 200+ ping in order to attack Dimma with a Jabroga before he flies lol.

Keilyn
Jul 6, 2011, 11:41 PM
That doesn't change the fact that you need roughly 200+ ping in order to attack Dimma with a Jabroga before he flies lol.

illogical

Your statement reminds me of when Mythbusters prove a myth to be false and then spend 30 minutes of the show doing everything possible to see what it would "TAKE TO MAKE IT TRUE" as part of their analytical proof.

In reading your statement, my mind was thinking of all which has to be done for it to be true to the point it goes into the realm of making a multiplayer game into an Asynchronous I/O Singleplayer game w/ simlatency. ^_^

milranduil
Jul 6, 2011, 11:43 PM
Prove me wrong then.

Crysteon
Jul 6, 2011, 11:52 PM
Who uses FM on Dimma in the first place? While you guys are discussing if Jabroga strikes it or not, I would have beaten the crap of that boss with GM or AF already o_o.

Resanoca
Jul 7, 2011, 12:00 AM
Yeah, using his DC. D:

Crysteon
Jul 7, 2011, 12:15 AM
Shhhhh....you're ruining the surprise. >_>

Resanoca
Jul 7, 2011, 12:22 AM
There's never one with you.

Keilyn
Jul 7, 2011, 12:27 AM
Prove me wrong then.

Your statement is false because the monster itself is local to the server and already operates with a ping of zero. Ping controls your input/output response like sending and receiving data to the server.

Your statement "only players with 200+ ping can hit onma/dimma with jabroga before he takes off" is the same as saying "players under 200 ping are incapable of hitting dimma/onma with jabroga prior to takeoff"

...and I find it hard to believe that a player with faster response time can not connect the attack. Its like saying that if you have a weapon that fires faster you won't hit because your weapon is not slow enough.

Oh I am curious. What is your framerate when you play? ..and when you are using dxtory. :) (Its relevant)

Crysteon
Jul 7, 2011, 12:30 AM
There's never one with you.

As much as there is no DC on my side, sadly. So...stop that bs already, if you dont mind.

THLPSC
Jul 7, 2011, 12:43 AM
Your statement is false because the monster itself is local to the server and already operates with a ping of zero. Ping controls your input/output response like sending and receiving data to the server.

Your statement "only players with 200+ ping can hit onma/dimma with jabroga before he takes off" is the same as saying "players under 200 ping are incapable of hitting dimma/onma with jabroga prior to takeoff"

...and I find it hard to believe that a player with faster response time can not connect the attack. Its like saying that if you have a weapon that fires faster you won't hit because your weapon is not slow enough.

Oh I am curious. What is your framerate when you play? ..and when you are using dxtory. :) (Its relevant)

Lets see you do it then with that 98 ping of yours the one that hosts your server...

milranduil
Jul 7, 2011, 12:47 AM

Yes, that is exactly what I'm saying. When there is a member of the party, bosses begin their initial attacks after a longer period of time for the other members of the party. This goes for any boss be it Dark Falz, Onmagohg, or Dimmagolus.

I play at ~65 FPS. I use Dxtory when I record gameplay (not quite sure why this is relevant, as from my experience it does NOT change game play whatsoever so long as it doesn't lag your machine, which for me it doesn't).

Resanoca
Jul 7, 2011, 12:53 AM
As much as there is no DC on my side, sadly. So...stop that bs already, if you dont mind.

Well, I meant there is no surprise with you. D:

Keilyn
Jul 7, 2011, 01:27 AM
Yes, that is exactly what I'm saying. When there is a member of the party, bosses begin their initial attacks after a longer period of time for the other members of the party. This goes for any boss be it Dark Falz, Onmagohg, or Dimmagolus.

I play at ~65 FPS. I use Dxtory when I record gameplay (not quite sure why this is relevant, as from my experience it does NOT change game play whatsoever so long as it doesn't lag your machine, which for me it doesn't).

Which is the very same as saying that somewhere in the code it reads something like this:

consider me writing pseudocode from the top of my head...

for (int i = 0; i <= LocalPlayerCount; i++; )
{
if (player.PlayerReplicationInfo[i].Ping > CurrentMaxPing)
CurrentMaxPing = player.PlayerReplicationInfo[i].ping; //CMP def as Gvar.
}

//then somewhere else we find code to literally tell the server to intentionally slow down the animation for a higher ping player

//so first we build an array of values

float ReactionBase[3];
for (int i = 0; i < 3; i++)
ReactionBase[i] += .02;

now...I would have to call a script that says that the monster animation itself will slow down because if we slow down the server itself, that means that process would be global (I.E affect the player characters too at the same rate)..and slow itself down based on the slowest pinging player...

so now somewhere....I should find something like

if (player.PlayerReplicationInfo[i].ping > 200)
Onma.AnimationSpeed *= (1 - ReactionBase[3]); //

If this is the case....then you might as well make a group TA party and intentionally find a super high pinger like 200 - 300+ ping to make your boss battles go much faster right?

What seems to be more logical to conclude since players load themselves to the boss battle and they all appear as the boss battle does not start until all players are checked and loaded, that the framerate of the player affect each other somehow, as its much easier for a Framerate to drop with other non-local objects around vs soloing as the only networked object in the game.

By the way, this is true when you enter an area and find a lot of player characters where everything is slower to load by your video card processing and the fact the game has to process everything in that area from networked players.

milranduil
Jul 7, 2011, 01:48 AM
Final EDIT: My post was worded badly. Here is what I am actually trying to say:

I am not denying that various graphical options cannot make a difference in whether or not you can Jabroga Dimma prior to his taking flight. I do think there are factors that go into that. However, I have noticed that the, by far, largest differences are solely based on the ping of the user which effects the corresponding loading time for that user relatively compared to others. A couple of Xbox users performed a test for this hypothesis a couple years back during Protector's Alpha+. Users closer to the physical server were not able to Jabroga Dimma prior to flight, but those in EU could.

pikachief
Jul 7, 2011, 01:52 AM
PSU defies logic. I thought you would've figured this out by now! :P

Crysteon
Jul 7, 2011, 01:59 AM
It defies proper programming, that is, lol.

Keilyn
Jul 7, 2011, 02:43 AM
Final EDIT: My post was worded badly. Here is what I am actually trying to say:

I am not denying that various graphical options cannot make a difference in whether or not you can Jabroga Dimma prior to his taking flight. I do think there are factors that go into that. However, I have noticed that the, by far, largest differences are solely based on the ping of the user which effects the corresponding loading time for that user relatively compared to others. A couple of Xbox users performed a test for this hypothesis a couple years back during Protector's Alpha+. Users closer to the physical server were not able to Jabroga Dimma prior to flight, but those in EU could.

Ok. I owe you a response so let me take care of that first:

I had asked about your framerate and you said 65. If you have vsync enabled and it runs at 65, then your PC uses more processing power to regulate itself to lock itself at 60. I got a lot of information about the state of your system from watching your dxtory videos.

Now to clear things up:

Most of your loading times are actual local to your machine.

PSU is kind of nasty because it was programmed for the playstation 2 which had little system memory to begin with. The game data is compiled and then compressed in packages to save space. Each time you load a map it actually looks to your disk to find it in the DATA directory. The game loads and unloads a lot systematically.

It irritates me because that fragments memory and i have a workaround I use from time to time to keep files in memory so my processor searches memory, finds the file in there and runs it. This actually loads everything a lot faster, though I still deal with ping, its closer to the actual amount of latency i should be dealing with and not the astronomical amounts most players deal with.

If you fire off a trimate and you count half a second before you regain health, then your latency really is 500ms....If its 2/3rds of a second, then its 666ms. It means that if your ping is 150 - 200ms...that there is something causing the difference.

I have a workaround that helps a lot with loading times and solves this problem (granted I still have my ping to deal with but its closer to the latency I should be having), but involves setting up a machine intensely. I don't post it online because that is one of the things that makes me money when working with Data Centers and servers.

I love helping people out when it seems fit, but I refuse to work for free and my solution is work that takes 6 - 8 hours of work.

Nereid
Jul 7, 2011, 02:47 AM
I'm so confused as to what any of this has to do with being able to Jabroga certain bosses if your ping is bad enough.

Crysteon
Jul 7, 2011, 04:18 AM
Omg...666ms...that's creepy D:

Majarra
Jul 7, 2011, 04:57 AM
Computer lingo aside....is there any other place it has use besides Dima/Omna? That's all I'm seeing so far :-?

psu000
Jul 7, 2011, 04:57 AM
Not sure if my memory serve me well but I thought there is a blind spot for Dimma to swing its arm and grab nothing and then you can Jab at the beginning, no?

Two player is even better, a fat bait as long as it's not a gunner... pretty sure he/she gonna tempted to shot it with a rifle and trigger it to fly.

milranduil
Jul 7, 2011, 05:34 AM
Computer lingo aside....is there any other place it has use besides Dima/Omna? That's all I'm seeing so far :-?

All over the place, you just need to use it properly. It can OHKO lvl 175 mobs.

w@rtech nation
Jul 7, 2011, 06:47 AM
where can i find my ping?

Cloudstrife xx
Jul 7, 2011, 09:19 AM
Jabroga still has many uses only last night i was doing mag s3 and jabroga was getting some use.

milranduil
Jul 7, 2011, 01:22 PM
where can i find my ping?
Open command prompt, and run the following line,

ping -t phantasystaruniverse.jp

Hit Ctrl+C to stop it after your done staring at strings of numbers.

Omega-z
Jul 7, 2011, 04:02 PM
? isn't Higher ms bad so going to 200 to 400 worse? then why say 200+ should of said 200 or less?.

THLPSC
Jul 7, 2011, 04:17 PM
? isn't Higher ms bad so going to 200 to 400 worse? then why say 200+ should of said 200 or less?.

You want a higher ping to be able to jabroga dimo you use the same idea when tornado dancing through the gates at bruces dungeon if you have a low ping you will need someone else to stand on the button for you but if you have a high ping you don't need someone to stand on the button for you.

Omega-z
Jul 7, 2011, 04:26 PM
Is it because of the lag that happens for it to work?

milranduil
Jul 7, 2011, 04:42 PM
If by lag you mean network latency, then yes that is correct.

Keilyn
Jul 7, 2011, 08:49 PM
You want a higher ping to be able to jabroga dimo you use the same idea when tornado dancing through the gates at bruces dungeon if you have a low ping you will need someone else to stand on the button for you but if you have a high ping you don't need someone to stand on the button for you.

Yes, because this person has proven that all maps are localized to your machine...so yeah. Im sure if I get 2000ms ping that I will be able to beat Ethan at Ohtori just as easy as a 50ms...

...but please...keep on making sense. I am collecting all of these and putting it into a fantasy scrap book called "tech and logic from the eyes of pso-world" ^_^

Shou
Jul 7, 2011, 10:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ec-earJ2ug&feature=related
Thought it would be appropriate.

milranduil
Jul 7, 2011, 10:13 PM
Despite the fact that that is like 4 years old, it is extremely relevant lol.

Cloudstrife xx
Jul 8, 2011, 05:36 AM
Useless stuff.

~Keilyn

Also a nice place to jabroga is at 2nd forms or falz/fakis when they turn upside down most know this maybe some dont but if you start to jabroga where his tail is when upside down he does 360 spin to that same point which mean you can set up a jabroga while hes spinning around and hit his face in 5 spots!

Anyway thats just a few places where jabroga is still great so nobody should be putting it down.

psu000
Jul 8, 2011, 06:18 AM
did anyone mentioned Fakis and Falz 2nd form yet? good place to Jab as well.

Midori Oku
Jul 8, 2011, 06:33 AM
did anyone mentioned Fakis and Falz 2nd form yet? good place to Jab as well.

Look at the post above yours. :trout:

psu000
Jul 8, 2011, 06:42 AM
told you I am not sure, just log on and type :)

what about spawns from Seed Express, anyone mentioned that?

Keilyn
Jul 9, 2011, 06:55 AM
Back on the topic....

Jabroga is useful because its a one-combo PA that one can Just Counter on...If you are being defensive and don't know which weapon to hold and are expecting an attack to be blocked, Jabroga is a sure winner. This is why Jabroga is a UPA. Its not about Demolishing Dragons, Killing Falz, Wiping out Motherbrain or destroying onma/dimma. Its so much greater than that....

Its true people can talk about tornado break (i love that PA) or Assault Crush (which is a damn good PA), but at the right moment not only will you block and fire of jabroga in good time, but it will also go critical and that is worth something.....

Now if people were SMART enough they would have actually posted that way back when...unfortunately people love to think more about bruteforcing and less about tactics and strategy.

Of course I will go on to say that one of the dumbest things I have read in most forumboards out there....is being told I need to have "Higher Ping" in order to perform better.

@adios

I copied and pasted your comment on ping to where I normally hang out at...Congratulations! Your comment on Ping actually reached 6th place so far in our "L0L Factor" Scale. ^_^ Please keep them coming.

DeltaViolet+
Jul 9, 2011, 09:34 AM
Yes tornado break has replaced most jabroga spawns, but jabroga still has many uses.

Also Keilyn, players with lower pings are not able to use jabroga on some spawns, the first hit will throw the enemy's away before the second hit gets a chance to go off. but if your effected by this its a good thing, means your ping is good and you can take advantage of all the other things that comes with a good ping lol. But most of those spawns are replaced by tornado break now so it doesn't really matter.

But thats like the only bad thing about having a lower ping, believe me its ALOT WORSE having a highier ping. lol and trust me I would know im British 400+ yay.

milranduil
Jul 9, 2011, 03:14 PM
Back on the topic....

Jabroga is useful because its a one-combo PA that one can Just Counter on...If you are being defensive and don't know which weapon to hold and are expecting an attack to be blocked, Jabroga is a sure winner. This is why Jabroga is a UPA. Its not about Demolishing Dragons, Killing Falz, Wiping out Motherbrain or destroying onma/dimma. Its so much greater than that....

Its true people can talk about tornado break (i love that PA) or Assault Crush (which is a damn good PA), but at the right moment not only will you block and fire of jabroga in good time, but it will also go critical and that is worth something.....

Now if people were SMART enough they would have actually posted that way back when...unfortunately people love to think more about bruteforcing and less about tactics and strategy.

Of course I will go on to say that one of the dumbest things I have read in most forumboards out there....is being told I need to have "Higher Ping" in order to perform better.

@adios

I copied and pasted your comment on ping to where I normally hang out at...Congratulations! Your comment on Ping actually reached 6th place so far in our "L0L Factor" Scale. ^_^ Please keep them coming.

Really? I was almost positive that wiping out dragons, falz/fakis, killing motherbrain, or OHKOing spawns was what this game was all about >_>

Also, you should know better than anyone if it doesn't matter if you need the JC+ damage to OHKO a spawn, purposefully trying to get yourself to block is a WASTE of time if you don't need it.

I only said you need higher ping for Onma/Dimma if you want to hit him before he takes off with Jabroga. I did NOT say you would overall perform better. Put your thinking cap on and try to use it; I know it's hard.

You know I'm disappointed in you Keilyn. You make such "logical" posts about tactics and strategy, but you have made ZERO effort to go out of your way to disprove my ping hypothesis. Thus, you have reached 1st place on PSOW's "LOL Factor" Scale for existential pointlessness. ^_^ Keep them coming!