PDA

View Full Version : Is just counter broken for techs?

Anna_Wren
Jul 7, 2011, 04:06 AM
I've used just counter/Exact counter all the time, and have got it down most the time. My issue is that people keep telling me that techs do critical damage when you just counter. Mine don't, and so far I've seen no one else's do it either. Is it just for Masterforce or something? I use wands for my techs, but I've tried with T-Mags too and it just doesn't work. I know I'm doing the counter right since I'm invincible during the duration of the cast and my striking attacks certainly do critical damage. So whats up, is it just on JP/Rumor/BS or am I doing something wrong?

Midori Oku
Jul 7, 2011, 04:56 AM
lol it works. It adds around 300-500 points of damage with diga, if you are hitting lightning creatures. Here is an older video of me doing White Beast when I do a exact counter on the fist spawn I fight. They are tech resistant and I am using megid, so the damage increase is not as much. If I was fighting a lighting, or ice creature Diga/Foie would add way more damage. It is not as much as a critical damage like people have told you, but it is an increase in damage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExWZ5bP5n48&feature=related

Anna_Wren
Jul 7, 2011, 12:05 PM
I'm looking at your vid and it doesn't add critical or even ANY damage on the first spawn. Perhaps you consider the first monster hit as the bonus damage, but it would apply to the whole tech actually not just the first hit.

Later in the video I see you use Ramegid and it adds some, or APPEARS too. Same as using Diga. but the amount is pathetically small compared to a critical. So I suppose this is good enough to assume Masterforce gets the Just Counter. So I wonder if Exact counter + would be useful at all to get then. I'll still have to do more tests myself but so far it seems to be pointless to try and use JC for damage instead of the invincibility.

Edit:
So, I just did some tests. Just counter does NOT work. It adds nothing at all.

I cast diga over and over again as a main test:
Grinna Beta C 175 as the target.
Bajura 10/10, with FCP 2, Diga level 32-

Normal Damages:
3007, 3000, 3007, 2995, 2979, 2991, 4491
Just Counter damages:
2909, 2999, 2899, 3001, 3009

It added no damage at all and seems to be a bit weaker not stronger.

milranduil
Jul 7, 2011, 01:25 PM
It isn't supposed to add damage for bullets or techs unless you have the specific GAS custom equipped which adds 10/20%. Only skills get guaranteed critical hits when JC'd.

It still is useful because if you block just after the tech dings and successfully just counter, both hits get your buffed damage (assuming of course you have the GAS equipped). Either way, it CAN increase your DPS if you use it properly.

Anna_Wren
Jul 7, 2011, 02:17 PM
Thanks, thats what I wanted to know. So I was right, it does nothing, but if you have the GAS option, it will add damage. I shall aquire it and test it out later.

And yes, I know striking attacks always get the critical.

Midori Oku
Jul 7, 2011, 04:55 PM
I'm looking at your vid and it doesn't add critical or even ANY damage on the first spawn. Perhaps you consider the first monster hit as the bonus damage, but it would apply to the whole tech actually not just the first hit.

Later in the video I see you use Ramegid and it adds some, or APPEARS too. Same as using Diga. but the amount is pathetically small compared to a critical. So I suppose this is good enough to assume Masterforce gets the Just Counter. So I wonder if Exact counter + would be useful at all to get then. I'll still have to do more tests myself but so far it seems to be pointless to try and use JC for damage instead of the invincibility.

Edit:
So, I just did some tests. Just counter does NOT work. It adds nothing at all.

I cast diga over and over again as a main test:
Grinna Beta C 175 as the target.
Bajura 10/10, with FCP 2, Diga level 32-

Normal Damages:
3007, 3000, 3007, 2995, 2979, 2991, 4491
Just Counter damages:
2909, 2999, 2899, 3001, 3009

It added no damage at all and seems to be a bit weaker not stronger.

Adios is right you have to have exact counter damage+ and going by your post I thought you had it. If you look in my video at 27 seconds in you will notice that I hit the 1st creature in the spawn for 1400 ant not 1300 when I just counter. Sorry, I should have also told you that it only would hit the 1st creature for more damage in my original post. Also, as you pointed out Ramegid got around a 100 point increase with it, but as I said before, it will be less noticeable on tech resistant creatures. (and they are) It would be more like a 300+ point increase depending on what tech you use.