PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU setting up your computer

*Godly*
Jul 7, 2011, 11:03 AM
i would like to know how to make my computer run this game the best if i need to download any other programs for example what is this ping stuff i have been hearing about

NightSun
Jul 7, 2011, 11:11 AM
The only way I can think of is to set the game up to where your computer is able to handle it, so as far as I know you don't need to download any extra programs.

As far a Ping:
"In multiplayer online video games, ping refers to the network latency between a player's computer (client), and either the game server or another client (i.e. peer).
Having a low ping is always desirable because lower latency provides smoother gameplay by allowing faster updates of game data."
In my words (Don't know if it's right) ping is the time it takes to send "Actions" from your computer to the server. In other words if you have a low ping then your attacks would register "on time" vs. if you have a high ping your attacks may experience a delay in timing it takes to show the damage.

Rekreant
Jul 7, 2011, 04:40 PM
NightSun is right in his understanding. Ping is the time delay between when a packet is sent and the conformation packet is received.

As for prepping your computer, get the newest graphics drivers. That is normally a big one. Also take the time to ensure your settings are correct. Depending on the quality of your machine I can help make it look better.