PDA

View Full Version : Sega forums...

Veoh
Jul 3, 2011, 02:50 AM
Is the psu site down? i wanted to see who was in the lead for GAR and what the killcount was at.

Justyn_Darkcrest
Jul 3, 2011, 02:53 AM
GRM is in the lead by about 10k, kill count is 41802059 as of last update.
Site's working fine for me.

shiningflare
Jul 3, 2011, 02:53 AM
That main Phantasy Star Universe site has been down for a good 3 weeks+, but the event site is here (http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/event/makerrace2011/en/).

GeordieP
Jul 3, 2011, 04:49 PM
SEGA are in no hurry to put the forum back up.

I wouldnt be shocked at all if it stayed down permenantly.... Cos their customer relations is hardly a priority.
Which game was it where they let everyone buy an expansion / update then closed the server a few days later... was it chromehounds?

padiwac
Jul 3, 2011, 05:26 PM
You can get the killcount at the mission counter where you choose your manufacturer.

BIG OLAF
Jul 3, 2011, 05:31 PM
I honestly don't think many would care if the forums were down for good. I certainly wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

pikachief
Jul 3, 2011, 06:11 PM
SEGA are in no hurry to put the forum back up.

I wouldnt be shocked at all if it stayed down permenantly.... Cos their customer relations is hardly a priority.
Which game was it where they let everyone buy an expansion / update then closed the server a few days later... was it chromehounds?

not chromehounds. with very low player base the Chromehound servers lasted about 3 and a half years :)

Alien V.S. Predator on the other hand was out for a few months, a game I own and midly enjoyed the online for but hated the singleplayer, was shut down a few weeks after its first DLC. Make me sad because I popped it in one day, hoping to get the rest of the achievments just to find out the online was shut down :/

(btw it had an achievemnt where you had to play with 6 people on your friends list in a single match! Sadly if you were lucky, 2 people on your friends list had this game)

.Jack
Jul 3, 2011, 07:04 PM
That main Phantasy Star Universe site has been down for a good 3 weeks+, but the event site is here (http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/event/makerrace2011/en/).

It went down on the 16 or 17 I think, so its only been 2 1/2 weeks so far. :-)

GeordieP
Jul 4, 2011, 01:23 PM
not chromehounds. with very low player base the Chromehound servers lasted about 3 and a half years :)

Alien V.S. Predator on the other hand was out for a few months, a game I own and midly enjoyed the online for but hated the singleplayer, was shut down a few weeks after its first DLC. Make me sad because I popped it in one day, hoping to get the rest of the achievments just to find out the online was shut down :/

(btw it had an achievemnt where you had to play with 6 people on your friends list in a single match! Sadly if you were lucky, 2 people on your friends list had this game)

Ah yes I remember now.

xjustsumloser
Jul 6, 2011, 01:53 AM

The game is still online After the 2nd DLC came out they ended "support" for the console versions, meaning no more patches. The campaign is just terrible, but the multiplayer is a blast. Although the online is a mess on consoles. Hell there are three different ways to search for games that all turn up different results of games being played. So the game is still online, but it was such a "sega" move to pull since they had just released new dlc. You can still find games on weekends going on, and I play from time to time. Many dedicated players moved to PC IIRC since the game is much less broken online and got a few final patches.

pikachief
Jul 6, 2011, 02:05 PM
oh its still up? lol i just read something about online stuff being gone (in this case it was the support) and got sad and didnt want to trade it in to gamestop cuz i know I'll get $.04 like my Turok 4 game and Star Fox Adventures :/

Mighty Earth Sage
Jul 7, 2011, 04:28 PM
how much longer are they gonna be down exactly?

I'm really starting to miss chatting with my fellow UPPA members in the UPPA thread.

THLPSC
Jul 7, 2011, 04:28 PM
They are down forever.

Mighty Earth Sage
Jul 7, 2011, 08:24 PM
you have got to be fucking kidding me...>.>

pikachief
Jul 7, 2011, 08:28 PM
he is :D

Oatmeal
Jul 7, 2011, 08:32 PM
Oh, you guys didn't get the private invite to the new forums? What a shame.

Powder Keg
Jul 8, 2011, 04:10 AM
It's safe to say they're not exactly in any rush to get them running again.