PDA

View Full Version : The grand paradox

ShinMaruku
Jul 8, 2011, 12:17 AM
On one hand,technological achievement we are sterling. But looking as society they see some glaring problems.
We say we revere marriage but half fail, we say we love our elders but 6% have houses where elders live with their grand children. We say we say we love children but work 24/7 and wonder why children spend 2 years watching tv by 18. We are full of hubris and use massive amounts of anti-anti psychotics.

Time for a test. I doubt anybody will address this statement. And will try to bring in history and get stuck in their rut. :E

yoshiblue
Jul 8, 2011, 12:31 AM
Make the shows on tv lamer and create a crash in the gameing industry. Maybe then we will start to venture out more. IN AMERICA!

Crash Wifi and people will have to travel to New York to get their pokemans. That or make roller bladeing(?) and disco cool again.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 8, 2011, 01:17 AM
Can we use notes on the test?

"There's always that one person who writes in .2 font to fit chapters worth of stuff on that one side one page 8 x 5 notecard I allow. Which won't help them because they didn't learn the material anyway"

"This one guy just wrote: DON'T PANIC, stayed til he was the last one left, and aced everything"

TV = "boobtube" = :witch:

RenzokukenZ
Jul 8, 2011, 06:32 AM
Make the shows on tv lamer and create a crash in the gameing industry.

That already happened back in the 80's. And look how that turned out.

Best years ever

PhotonDrop
Jul 8, 2011, 07:19 AM
That already happened back in the 80's. And look how that turned out.

And people say R.O.B. is just a stupid gimmick. That robot is a damn savior! :wacko:

Palle
Jul 8, 2011, 09:26 AM
Marriage failures have climbed so high because of the stupid 20th century notion of 'marrying for love'. As an institution is was going just fine when it was all about financial security, settling disputes, and further refining bloodlines in pursuit of the kwisatz haderach. So all these bimbos can thank Hollywood for selling them an unlikely dream which they can now exchange for monthly alimony cheques and a poolboy.

Also, boobs.

Outrider
Jul 8, 2011, 10:43 AM
I should probably chime in and point out that every single statistic given up above is either misleading or outright false.

So... there's that.

ShinMaruku
Jul 8, 2011, 11:07 AM
I should probably chime in and point out that every single statistic given up above is either misleading or outright false.

So... there's that.

Seeing how batshit our society is I would not say those ones are outright false. Not quite every statistic is false. Some things are quite true. That said thanks for commenting on the point and not what everybody else did.

Outrider
Jul 8, 2011, 01:06 PM
Not quite every statistic is false. Some things are quite true.

And which one is the one that's true, and not meaningless or misleading?

ShinMaruku
Jul 8, 2011, 01:20 PM
I see none of those as meaningless or misleading. All stated is with all these achievements much progress is still to be done.

Randomness
Jul 8, 2011, 03:01 PM
This statement is false.

PhotonDrop
Jul 8, 2011, 03:16 PM
This statement is false.

Um... I'm gonna go with true.

Outrider
Jul 8, 2011, 07:47 PM
I see none of those as meaningless or misleading. All stated is with all these achievements much progress is still to be done.

I'm beginning to feel bad for trying to call you out on this thread when you're clearly not actually trying to say anything.

Randomness
Jul 8, 2011, 07:57 PM
I'm beginning to feel bad for trying to call you out on this thread when you're clearly not actually trying to say anything.

It's Shin. What did you expect?

ShinMaruku
Jul 8, 2011, 08:59 PM
Time for a test. I doubt anybody will address this statement. And will try to bring in history and get stuck in their rut. :E
Hell if I say ANYTHING you guys will reply in kind. Simply because it's me.

People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered. Love them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some false friends and true enemies. Succeed anyway.
The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow. Be good anyway.
Honesty and frankness will make you vulnerable. Be honest and frank anyway.
The biggest men and women with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest men and women with the smallest minds. Think big anyway.
People favor underdogs, but follow only top dogs. Fight for a few underdogs anyway.
What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight. Build anyway.
People need help, but may attack you if you do help them. Help them anyway.
Give the world the best you have, and you'll get kicked in the teeth. Give the world the best you have anyway.