PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 The community, dead?

fatalen
Jul 8, 2011, 06:23 PM
Is the community for psu dead, when I go to any mission counter I see no more than 3 parties, admitedly these are lower missions, around plains overlord sort of position, on all 3 planets. But still, on the demo when I played it there were pages and pages of parties, now I can't even find a few people near my level to do some runs with.

Is the community dead, or is it all just based in the higher end places? cos it's almost like the entire server 2 is sitting on floor 4 chatting for £7 a month

BIG OLAF
Jul 8, 2011, 06:26 PM
There's an event right now. Everyone's on the 5th floor of the GUARDIANs Colony.

Lumpen Thingy
Jul 8, 2011, 06:27 PM
go to the 5th floor and do the event mission there are tons of people there

fatalen
Jul 8, 2011, 06:35 PM
There's an event right now. Everyone's on the 5th floor of the GUARDIANs Colony.

There is?
Wow, I only just came back to this game (got a lucky rare mission after my first run ^^) so I didn't know.
Glad to know this game still has some life to it.
I'll be off the fifth floor then. Thanks for telling me

EDIT: aparently I can't do any of the event missions... is it because I'm only level 34?

pikachief
Jul 8, 2011, 06:39 PM
You can do the event missions at any level :) maybe you're at the wrong counter? or maybe you're trying to run them with NPCs? you can't add NPCs D:

fatalen
Jul 8, 2011, 06:40 PM
I'm at the front counter on the fifth floor of the GC. No NPCs with me... :/
wait, npcs, online?

THLPSC
Jul 8, 2011, 06:43 PM
I'm at the front counter on the fifth floor of the GC. No NPCs with me... :/

You have to register with a company. In Weapon R&D Project before you can do any missions. Use the link I posted to determine what you want to register with.
http://psupedia.info/Weapon_R%EF%BC%86D_Project

fatalen
Jul 8, 2011, 06:49 PM
You have to register with a company. In Weapon R&D Project before you can do any missions. Use the link I posted to determine what you want to register with.
http://psupedia.info/Weapon_R%EF%BC%86D_Project

thanks, and how do you get NPCs online?

THLPSC
Jul 8, 2011, 06:51 PM
thanks, and how do you get NPCs online?

You have to do story missions to aquire NPCS online. All info on them can be found here http://psupedia.info/Partner_characters

Atemisc
Jul 8, 2011, 07:17 PM
You can do the event missions at any level :) maybe you're at the wrong counter? or maybe you're trying to run them with NPCs? you can't add NPCs D:

I really hope you don't mean the Race missions, because I've done these missions with Nav and Ethan 50 times now.

Hotobu
Jul 11, 2011, 05:33 AM
I completely forgot about this game. I had no idea that it was still going strong. Unfortunately I got the game on PC and those servers were closed a long time ago. The only reason I'm here is because I randomly heard that there's a PSO2 on the way. Seeing that this game still has people playing it gives me hope for a purchase. I'd actually prefer to play this on the PC, but due to the fate of the last game I guess I'm safer going with the 360 version :/

fatalen
Jul 11, 2011, 05:48 AM
I completely forgot about this game. I had no idea that it was still going strong. Unfortunately I got the game on PC and those servers were closed a long time ago. The only reason I'm here is because I randomly heard that there's a PSO2 on the way. Seeing that this game still has people playing it gives me hope for a purchase. I'd actually prefer to play this on the PC, but due to the fate of the last game I guess I'm safer going with the 360 version :/

The jp servers have a fair few english players, if you can remember the menu layout then you should be ok, learning japanese would help though

THLPSC
Jul 11, 2011, 05:51 AM

There is no 360 version of PSO2 its pc only.

Hotobu
Jul 11, 2011, 06:00 AM
There is no 360 version of PSO2 its pc only.

...Well for better or worse that settles that. I just hope they can do something to make the game secure. I've been on PSO since the DC days and that's always been one of the major downfalls, and doing it has always been so damned EASY. Hopefully they've finally learned their lesson. I'm building a new computer soon and am REALLY looking forward to this. Also judging by the minimum requirements I'll be able to run everything on maxed out settings.

BTW has there been a release date set? (Yes I know I can do a search for this, but since I've got you here...)

fatalen
Jul 11, 2011, 06:11 AM
I'm hoping to get a new gpu by the time pso2 is released, just don't have the money to buy a new one atm. Really looking forward to it