PDA

View Full Version : Server issued an interrupt request

fatalen
Jul 9, 2011, 10:57 AM
This has happened to me twice now, it's slightly annoying because both times it's happened at one of the bosses of the great arms race event.
Is this just something that happens to everyone or is it something on my end?

THLPSC
Jul 9, 2011, 02:35 PM
Seeing as there have been no other reports I am going to guess its on your end.

Dawisch
Jul 9, 2011, 11:50 PM
This happens to me every time I try to play the game online. I cant even get into the game at all. I start up ambition of the illuminus then press Xbox Live on the main menu. It says its trying to connect to the servers and then a message pops up saying "Server issued an interrupt request" retry or dissconnect. I have disconnected and done the same thing over and over with no positive results. This is a big waste of money if I cant even play online.

.Jack
Jul 10, 2011, 12:06 AM
This happens to me every time I try to play the game online. I cant even get into the game at all. I start up ambition of the illuminus then press Xbox Live on the main menu. It says its trying to connect to the servers and then a message pops up saying "Server issued an interrupt request" retry or dissconnect. I have disconnected and done the same thing over and over with no positive results. This is a big waste of money if I cant even play online.

This might help, try it out.

1. From the Xbox Dashboard, select the System.
2. Select Network Settings
3. Select Edit Settings
4. Select DNS Settings
5. Select Manual Settings
6. Input 4.2.2.1 for the primary DNS number and 4.2.2.2 as the secondary DNS number.
7. Test the connection to see if your connection still works.
8. Play the game and see if it will log you in.

Dawisch
Jul 10, 2011, 12:32 AM
This might help, try it out.

1. From the Xbox Dashboard, select the System.
2. Select Network Settings
3. Select Edit Settings
4. Select DNS Settings
5. Select Manual Settings
6. Input 4.2.2.1 for the primary DNS number and 4.2.2.2 as the secondary DNS number.
7. Test the connection to see if your connection still works.
8. Play the game and see if it will log you in.

I did that and Xbox Live works fine but the game still has the same problem.

My dad has this installed on our router - http://www.opendns.com/ - could that be the problem? All my other games (Call of Duty, Halo, Battlefield, Etc) work fine online.

Edit: I just found this on another forum - "Only prob with open dns is with xbox live and Phantasy star online - it won't connect. Even if I use open dns and 4.2.2.1/4.2.2.2 for live dns - same issue, won't connect and xbox live is erratic (logging off all the time.)"

Sounds like that might be the problem ):
Xbox live does seem to work fine other than that game though.

HappyPenguin
Jul 10, 2011, 01:51 AM
Hmmm it seems it might just be lag keep trying it should work

Dawisch
Jul 10, 2011, 02:06 AM
Ya, I've tryed about a million times. I'll keep trying. I have a feeling its OpenDNS though.

Keilyn
Jul 10, 2011, 06:16 PM
Well that would be strange.

Do you know if OpenDNS is as good translating for IPv4 as it is for IPv6? Also, shooter servers run on their IP addresses through a browser but use the IP addresses to input...meaning you don't need a DNS to play a shooter. However if PSU is linked by a named-link (like psuserver.xl) to look at an address and translate it...then you do need one.

I think your main problem may be not the DNS server but the path to the server itself.

When you traceroute yourself to a server you pass through many hubs and switches. If any of those hubs and switches are weak (or if the bandwith of your node is being drained like by most of the Bittorent users out there), then your connection can break.

If your gut tells you that its OpenDNS, see how you perform without it to isolate the problem.

fatalen
Jul 10, 2011, 07:43 PM
I remember a similar thing in the demo, if my xbox froze during a loading screen then i turned it off and back on i wouldnt be able to get back online, it would jst keep asking me to retry or disconnect. but on another account it worked.
Meh that's old, never did figure out how to fix it though
I know a little about connections, but after reading what keilyn has posted, I'd be no more help than her. (going off of avatar)

Dawisch
Jul 12, 2011, 08:55 PM
I turned off OpenDNS and sure enough, its working without a problem. Now I'm just hoping my dad wont be pissed when/if he realizes that OpenDNS is disabled XD

Thanks for your help everyone! And thanks fatalen for letting my jack your thread :)