PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone?

RebhtheDark
Jul 10, 2011, 03:07 AM
Has anyone ever played JP PSU with a XBOX 360 controller?

I cant play with the keyboard and I know you can hook up a wired xbox controller to play PC games. I want to know if its possible so then I can go and buy one.

Nereid
Jul 10, 2011, 03:08 AM
I do. You can't use R2 or L2 unfortunately but other than that it's great.

Lucidia
Jul 10, 2011, 05:48 AM
I've done it before too, but I switched to a PC controller cause the wireless thingy I had went kaput (it wasn't well made). It'd be cheaper to just get a PC controller (mine is PS2 style, Logitech Rumblepad 2 I believe, $30 on Amazon).

Mystic_Nessly
Jul 10, 2011, 08:35 AM
If you don't already have an Xbox 360 controller, I don't think it's a good idea to buy one if you just want to play THIS game.

As a previous poster stated, L-trigger and R-trigger cannot be set as buttons which can cause some frustration, requiring you to use the keyboard and controller to perform some operations (which operations depends on your button config). With a special driver such as "XBCD" you can use the L/R-triggers as buttons, however it requires careful set-up and support for it is not great.

I too have a Logitech Rublepad 2 PS2 style controller, and it works excellent (no problems after 5+ years), unlike some Xbox 360 controllers I've gone through that had their analog sticks become faulty after casual use.

Instead consider the newer version of the Logitech PS2 style game pads. The newer versions have a switch in the back of the controller that allow you switch between old style/Xbox 360 style, so if a game has support for Xbox 360 controllers, simply set your switch to Xbox 360 style and you won't have to worry about setting up your controller. It's the best of both worlds, really. Support for old PC games and support for new ones plus the sturdy design makes it an awesome controller. If you want the controller to have the triggers act as buttons, simply set switch to old style. No issues here!

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/7992/81utipiqrhlaa1500.jpg

They have another version that is wireless, but I have no experience with it.

Noc Codez
Jul 10, 2011, 08:36 AM
Has anyone ever played JP PSU with a XBOX 360 controller?

I cant play with the keyboard and I know you can hook up a wired xbox controller to play PC games. I want to know if its possible so then I can go and buy one.

Iv'e played on my Xbox 360 Controller that I bought at bestbuy. Seems they don't sell them anymore at bestbuy.. Here's a tip.. you can use any wireless 360 controller on your pc the important piece you need is this
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-Wireless-Gaming-Receiver-Black/dp/B0032A0RBC/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1310304817&sr=8-6

I suggest getting wireless.. I had a wired one and it was just always in the way when I played on JP PSU..

As for setting the Controller up for JP I'm sure one of these kind JP importers can help you in that Dept..

Good luck

str898mustang
Jul 10, 2011, 09:14 AM
those logitech controllers are crap. They last 6 months at most (I went through 3 of them). You should get a USB to PS2 controller adapter(like 6 bucks on amazon) and a PS2 controller.

Tyreek
Jul 10, 2011, 10:06 AM
I don't know what Logitech controllers you are using. I've gone through at least 1, which lasted me since 2004, but crapped out after 4 years of use. And the one I bought after that hasn't failed me yet. But now my old one is suddenly working again, so I now have 2 controllers which is perfect for me playing co-op games with my brother.

Barring those crapping out points I made, I would recommend this controller for PC gaming period. It adaptable, and affordable.

str898mustang
Jul 10, 2011, 10:18 AM
I don't know what Logitech controllers you are using. I've gone through at least 1, which lasted me since 2004, but crapped out after 4 years of use. And the one I bought after that hasn't failed me yet. But now my old one is suddenly working again, so I now have 2 controllers which is perfect for me playing co-op games with my brother.

Barring those crapping out points I made, I would recommend this controller for PC gaming period.

it was the first version of the Rumble pad. The all had the same problem. There was something coming loose in the connection where the cord goes in the controller. I could tilt it forward and you would hear the USB d/c sound.

ZER0 DX
Jul 10, 2011, 10:25 AM
it was the first version of the Rumble pad. The all had the same problem. There was something coming loose in the connection where the cord goes in the controller. I could tilt it forward and you would hear the USB d/c sound.

I had that problem too, went through 3 of them before I bought a 360 controller. But even those started having problems with the wiring going bad. Granted they still last a hell of a lot longer than those old logitech ones. I can get a good 2-3 years out of one while logitechs only lasted me a couple months. I'm on my second 360 controller at the moment and I have to keep the cord wrapped around it to get it to work at all. My brother also bought a more recent black one, so there's always that for backup in case this one goes kaput. Hopefully they last better too.

I might as well just invest in the wireless adapter if that one dies as well, either that or find out how well the new logitech controllers are. The main problem just seems to be the USB cord wearing out over time so going wireless might solve that entirely.

One thing I'd like to know is if rumble actually works with PSU on a different controller. Every controller I have tried with it never rumbled at all.

Powder Keg
Jul 10, 2011, 10:37 AM
those logitech controllers are crap. They last 6 months at most (I went through 3 of them). You should get a USB to PS2 controller adapter(like 6 bucks on amazon) and a PS2 controller.

This is what I did, and used the entire time I played PSU on PC. I've had issues where the usb piece would randomly die after a year or so, but there are many different types out there...mine was from Radioshack, but I forget exactly who made it.

Pofo
Jul 10, 2011, 12:07 PM
My 360 Controller works fine, but as stated the lack of L2 and R2 can be somewhat frustrating but not game breaking.

Also, you are very lucky Nessly, I remember going through about 4 of those in a year once, they just up and stop working at a point, maybe I burnt them out on excessive playing, idk, but each one never lasted me any longer then around 2-3 months, so I'd never touch another logitech controller again, just my experience though.

Aerionel
Jul 10, 2011, 08:03 PM
Think a ps3 controller with a USB cord could work well if at all?

Just a thought lol

RebhtheDark
Jul 10, 2011, 10:04 PM
thanks for the advice guys I'll buy the xbox controller, I need one for my 360 anyways. I just wanted to know it it worked! Thanks again! :D

Keilyn
Jul 11, 2011, 02:44 AM
If you don't already have an Xbox 360 controller, I don't think it's a good idea to buy one if you just want to play THIS game.

As a previous poster stated, L-trigger and R-trigger cannot be set as buttons which can cause some frustration, requiring you to use the keyboard and controller to perform some operations (which operations depends on your button config). With a special driver such as "XBCD" you can use the L/R-triggers as buttons, however it requires careful set-up and support for it is not great.

I too have a Logitech Rublepad 2 PS2 style controller, and it works excellent (no problems after 5+ years), unlike some Xbox 360 controllers I've gone through that had their analog sticks become faulty after casual use.

Instead consider the newer version of the Logitech PS2 style game pads. The newer versions have a switch in the back of the controller that allow you switch between old style/Xbox 360 style, so if a game has support for Xbox 360 controllers, simply set your switch to Xbox 360 style and you won't have to worry about setting up your controller. It's the best of both worlds, really. Support for old PC games and support for new ones plus the sturdy design makes it an awesome controller. If you want the controller to have the triggers act as buttons, simply set switch to old style. No issues here!

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/7992/81utipiqrhlaa1500.jpg

They have another version that is wireless, but I have no experience with it.

I use this controller and its a good one. First Controller I've used on a PC that beat out the old CastMasters and was slightly below that of an xfactor. All the buttons work on this one too in this game.

iiiTz SHiNoBiii
Jul 11, 2011, 11:51 AM
wow Rebyyyyyyyyyy your grounded >_> you never get on to see us anymore...we miss you get on and say hi once in awhile lol