PDA

View Full Version : Is there a FOmar on the trailer?

ChaosAngel92
Jul 11, 2011, 11:32 AM
At least on the concept art...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcE1ZMt-kss&feature=related

1:12

BIG OLAF
Jul 11, 2011, 11:34 AM
There's a lot of different classes we have yet to see on the concept art portion of the trailer. So, probably.

Vashyron
Jul 11, 2011, 11:41 AM
Now let me dig up my old post;

Concept Art in that trailer in order: HUmar, HUnewearl, RAcast, RAcaseal, RAmar, RAmarl and then FOmar & FOmarl on the same slide.

So yes FOmar is there in at least concept art form.

ChaosAngel92
Jul 11, 2011, 12:03 PM
Now let me dig up my old post;

Concept Art in that trailer in order: HUmar, HUnewearl, RAcast, RAcaseal, RAmar, RAmarl and then FOmar & FOmarl on the same slide.

So yes FOmar is there in at least concept art form.

Yay...

Tetsaru
Jul 11, 2011, 05:23 PM
I think it's kinda odd though - everyone's referencing the old PSO character classifications, yet to my knowledge, we still haven't seen anything directly confirming that jobs, genders, and races will be set up that way again. They could just be random jobs dressed that way, for all we know, like you could do in PSU. :confused:

Personally, I'd be kinda upset if I could only use one character (due to increased subscription fees per character you have or something, since I know some online RPG's do that sort of thing), and I was stuck as a RAcast all the time. Maybe I don't want to play as a Ranger ALL the time, y'know? I'm hoping there will be more freedom in that regard.

PhotonDrop
Jul 11, 2011, 05:32 PM
Personally, I'd be kinda upset if I could only use one character (due to increased subscription fees per character you have or something, since I know some online RPG's do that sort of thing)

Hey hey hey, don't jinx it now! Sega hasn't done it before, why would they suddenly go the Square Enix route and nickel and dime everything?

Tetsaru
Jul 11, 2011, 05:41 PM
Hey hey hey, don't jinx it now! Sega hasn't done it before, why would they suddenly go the Square Enix route and nickel and dime everything?

To actually make money this time around? :wacko:

PhotonDrop
Jul 11, 2011, 05:43 PM
To actually make money this time around? :wacko:

Oh now that's just silly, everyone knows they'd make more money if they just made a good gam- oh wait, lolcorporations :wacko:

Jikap
Jul 12, 2011, 04:28 AM
Looks kind of like a FOmarl at 1:35 as well...

Angelo
Jul 12, 2011, 01:32 PM
Sorry to get off-topic here, but where is everyone getting the idea that we'll be getting one character per account?

Is there a quote that I missed somewhere?

PhotonDrop
Jul 12, 2011, 01:49 PM
So to get off-topic here, but where is everyone getting the idea that we'll be getting one character per account?

It's just people being silly.

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 12, 2011, 02:56 PM
Sorry to get off-topic here, but where is everyone getting the idea that we'll be getting one character per account?

Nowhere. It's just the folks assuming again, as usual.

RemiusTA
Jul 12, 2011, 04:11 PM
I really have no clue where that's even coming from. Why on earth would they do something so ridiculously risky.

Tetsaru
Jul 12, 2011, 05:21 PM
Sorry if I confused a few people here. I was implying that, if Sega set up their accounts to where you had your monthly fee for your first character (probably around $10-$15 per month, as usual), BUT ALSO made it to where they charged ADDITIONAL fees per month if you made MORE characters (tacking on an additional $1-$3 or so per month), then that would probably discourage people from making any alternate characters in the first place, seeing how we used to have 4 character slots per account in both PSO and PSU, and some people kept saying that still wasn't enough for them. That, and it would suck even more if, on top of that, they brought back the old PSO-style of rolling up race, gender, and class all into one preset option that you can't change unless you make a new character, which from what I'm gathering, is what a lot of people might blindly want because LolPSOpurist. Of course, we still know nothing about this; I was merely stating that it could be a possibility, although I doubt they'd do it.

Kent
Jul 12, 2011, 08:03 PM
Four character slots seems like a nice balance, I would say - assuming the same three original types are present, that allows for one character of each type, one character of each race (assuming three, again) and then an extra one for doing whatever in.

From my personal experience, I really just see a lot of people with one Hunter, one Force and one Ranger, generally not even using their fourth slot unless they wanted to do something particular with it (like if someone liked their hybrid character types for their first three slots, but wanted to give androids and traps a shot with their fourth) or wanted a character to play alongside a newer friend.

As for changable classes per character... It really depends on how they decide to go forward with it. I've yet to see a game where your class and character level independantly that did it well at all (and it's worth noting that two rather recent games that did that, PSU's portable follow-ups and FFXIV, either severely limited or outright removed the ability to do so in the first place - presumably because they realized that all it does is create balance issues). If the character had no levels and all levels and direct character advancement were tied to whichever class they were in at the moment (similar to FFXI's job system) then it could probably work decently-well enough.

Preferring that class remains static isn't necessarily an issue of PSO purism or PSU hatred, really - because outside of a handful of games that allow for players to change their character classes, it's not really a common practice. If the ability to change one's class after character creation paves the road to ridiculous balance issues, then I'd much rather have static but more well-defined classes.