PDA

View Full Version : Can't wait for PSO2. Things I hope for.

Drithe
Jul 14, 2011, 01:22 PM
First off, I am glad they are bringing back the PSU weapons and styles. I loved the axes. The new lands were awesome. I hope they get rid of the asian themed areas llike those of PSU. I hated fighting in those style of buildings. It did not feel SCIENTIFIC enough for me. I loved the old ruins and mystery of the first PSO.

But one thing I really hope they bring back is how you got a alot of nice drops, like in PSO. I just felt like it was so BORING in PSU to fight and not find all the ton of cool treasures you did in the original. Infact I would go so far as to say that it sucked. When you seen the red box in PSO you really got excited. COLLECTING TREASURE WAS ONE OF THE BEST ASPECTS OF PSO!

I hope they add a place to store your collection of weapons and armors so everyone can see them.

I hope they bring back alot of the plate type armor that pso had for humans back in the day. I despised the fashion show that was PSU. Keep it militiristic please.

I hope they bring it for the consoles. I hated playing PSO on the PC.

I also hope they let us use ADHOC to play for free and. like Guild Wars, charge us for the extra content they put in. Paying monthly online fees suck. Let us use our PS3s as servers. K thanks.

Finally ....... if they wait until the PS4 comes out I hope they put in on the PS4 as well.

Oh well. I havent been here in quite some time so I don't really care to read through all of the forums. But I loved PSO back in the dreamcast days. First online play for me. Ah the good ole days.

End of Line.

BIG OLAF
Jul 14, 2011, 01:26 PM
I hope they get rid of the asian themed areas llike those of PSU. I hated fighting in those style of buildings. It did not feel SCIENTIFIC enough for me.

That's a new one.

I despised the fashion show that was PSU. Keep it militiristic please.

Oh boy.

RemiusTA
Jul 14, 2011, 01:41 PM
That's a new one.

Yeah, i gotta admit that made me ROFL pretty hard. Probably because the reason being "SCIENTIFIC" was so hilarious.

Oh boy.

inb4atm05ph3r3

The asian themed areas....the problem with them is that they were very poorly designed. The areas (like most of them in PSU) just seemed to have no direction to them other than "give them an area to run around in".

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 14, 2011, 01:52 PM
First off, I am glad they are bringing back the PSU weapons and styles. I loved the axes. The new lands were awesome. I hope they get rid of the asian themed areas llike those of PSU. I hated fighting in those style of buildings. It did not feel SCIENTIFIC enough for me. I loved the old ruins and mystery of the first PSO.

But one thing I really hope they bring back is how you got a alot of nice drops, like in PSO. I just felt like it was so BORING in PSU to fight and not find all the ton of cool treasures you did in the original. Infact I would go so far as to say that it sucked. When you seen the red box in PSO you really got excited. COLLECTING TREASURE WAS ONE OF THE BEST ASPECTS OF PSO!

I hope they add a place to store your collection of weapons and armors so everyone can see them.

I hope they bring back alot of the plate type armor that pso had for humans back in the day. I despised the fashion show that was PSU. Keep it militiristic please.

I also hope they let us use ADHOC to play for free and. like Guild Wars, charge us for the extra content they put in. Paying monthly online fees suck. Let us use our PS3s as servers. K thanks.

Finally ....... if they wait until the PS4 comes out I hope they put in on the PS4 as well.

Oh well. I havent been here in quite some time so I don't really care to read through all of the forums. But I loved PSO back in the dreamcast days. First online play for me. Ah the good ole days.

End of Line.

That was kinda interesting to read.

NoiseHERO
Jul 14, 2011, 01:53 PM
I think the "Asian themed" areas were an interesting Idea...

But they could've made it more natural...

Moatoob and neudaiz actually looked pretty old fashioned, they could've had a little more modern influence instead of just future clashing with feudal japan, and clashing with tribal cavemen with moatoob...

Again PSU had a lot of ugly clothes, but we don't have to downgrade to one set of looks either. Though I'm sure nobody even wants to go into this argument.

Now that I take a couple more glances at the original post(which I didn't read)... this just looks like another troll thread...
edit: ehn maybe not completely... but a couple of his opinions have done enough damage around here. e_e

BIG OLAF
Jul 14, 2011, 01:57 PM
Yeah, i gotta admit that made me ROFL pretty hard. Probably because the reason being "SCIENTIFIC" was so hilarious.

Now, I've heard people bitch about PSU inside and out, but I've never heard someone say it wasn't scientific enough for them.

inb4atm05ph3r3

It really doesn't have anything to do with that. I just don't understand why people can't want militaristic outfits, and casual-wear? Like it's some sort of Cardinal Sin, and there's no room for compromise. SUPER-SERIOUS ONLY, PLZZZZZZZZZ.

Vashyron
Jul 14, 2011, 01:59 PM

The problem is what exactly? Anything you can do on consoles you can do on PC.

Let us use our PS3s as servers. K thanks.

Use client sided servers?

Hackers, Hackers everywhere.

Oh boy.

I can't wait to bomb some Dodongos!!

NoiseHERO
Jul 14, 2011, 03:13 PM
I hope PSO2 has fishing, Cooking, Clothing/Item crafting and Pet raising

Gintoki-kun
Jul 14, 2011, 03:45 PM

Item crafting? Fishing? Cooking? Isn't that the reason we have Monomates and Item Upgrading for?

Though I do admit,using R-Mag as "Pets" is getting boring and they don't much damage so I definintly want pets/pets raising in this game.

NoiseHERO
Jul 14, 2011, 03:50 PM
LOL at the cost of killing a perfectly good troll attempt I'll add that that post wasn't serious. ]:

But speaking of fantasy life-like functions I'll be mad if "My Room" doesn't return.

•Col•
Jul 14, 2011, 04:23 PM

This is the worst idea I've ever heard for PSO2 on these forums. Seriously.

ARASHIKAGE
Jul 14, 2011, 04:35 PM
@Drithe: I like the idea of axes returning, but I hope they are in short supply and not a mainstream weapon line, it makes them more special. I've always liked PSO and PSU esthetic styles, if they end up looking a bit "Asian", that's understandable and I'm OK with that.

I do however wish PSU's male clothing line could have been more... manly, I felt like most of the male clothes were just women's clothes, like some mean trick. I want my damn Ninja Mask already! (where's the Asian influence there?) My only hope is that the RAmar returns with his patented black under-armor looking mask, I can't wait for those pictures!

Griffin
Jul 14, 2011, 04:54 PM
Give me a shirtless, burly six-pack style and call it a day! Men can show their skin, too!

RemiusTA
Jul 14, 2011, 05:13 PM
Now, I've heard people bitch about PSU inside and out, but I've never heard someone say it wasn't scientific enough for them.

well that and the word "scientific" and "phantasy star" just sound funny when put seriously in the same sentence.

i mean, theres sci-fi, and then there's japanese sci-fi.

It really doesn't have anything to do with that. I just don't understand why people can't want militaristic outfits, and casual-wear? Like it's some sort of Cardinal Sin, and there's no room for compromise. SUPER-SERIOUS ONLY, PLZZZZZZZZZ.

arguments evolve like pokeman in this place

LOL at the cost of killing a perfectly good troll attempt I'll add that that post wasn't serious. ]:

But speaking of fantasy life-like functions I'll be mad if "My Room" doesn't return.

But everyone loves a good troll attempt...: /

And i agree, My Room was actually pretty lovable as i kept playing PSU. It was a nice little pasttime. Hopefully if it returns we can get more things to do in there.

Anon_Fire
Jul 14, 2011, 07:33 PM

Phantasy Star Online 2 is to be a brand new experience, not a rehash from 10 years ago.

Try playing PSP2 while your at it

Sort of a nice idea, but meh

lols, the clothing in PSU was not armor.

It's PC only, there is no console release at the moment.

Worst idea ever.

Good luck waiting until 2013 or 2014

Drifting Fable
Jul 14, 2011, 10:14 PM

I hope PSO2 has Real time Aging, Weight gain, and Part-time jobs. Show us what it means to really live our lives in the future.

Ok in all seriousness, what I'd like to see is some new weapons to the game. For example, I'd die a happy man if I can get an iaido-style katana (not a two handed agito).

RemiusTA
Jul 14, 2011, 10:35 PM
Aren't all katanas 2-handed....?

Wayu
Jul 14, 2011, 10:53 PM
"One-handed" katana are probably ninjato or tanto.

And I get the feeling that the opening post is a troll attempt. >.> Sorry if I'm wrong.

-Wayu

RemiusTA
Jul 14, 2011, 11:03 PM
Easiest way possible to troll on this forum is to start a topic about either 1) atmosphere 2) spines or 3) a sentence that contains the words "PSO", "PSU", "better" and "sucked" in any sensible order

Drifting Fable
Jul 14, 2011, 11:22 PM
Aren't all katanas 2-handed....?
For PS? Or in general?

I just prefer not to see an agito reappear with the basic 2-handed sword animation. I just looked strange to see those people swing that sliver of metal so slow when I'm use to seeing katanas swinging pretty quick. And seeing iaido is quite a staple sword style for the blade. Why not?

Then again, players in this new game seem to be swinging their 2-handed swords a lot quicker than the previous games.

Griffin
Jul 14, 2011, 11:22 PM
3) a sentence that contains the words "PSO", "PSU", "better" and "sucked" in any sensible order

Trolling? I thought that was simple fanboyism. Hah!

BIG OLAF
Jul 14, 2011, 11:26 PM
Easiest way possible to troll on this forum is to start a topic about either 1) atmosphere 2) spines or 3) a sentence that contains the words "PSO", "PSU", "better" and "sucked" in any sensible order

The RAmarl's "knock-knee" pose hasn't reached trollbait status yet? Well, I suppose it's not as ridiculous as the "spine" thing.

RemiusTA
Jul 15, 2011, 12:11 AM
Nah, it didn't catch on because nobody really cares about knock knees because the Japanese ladies make it look good. Spines have almost gone from trollbait to just a PSO-World meme.

But i wonder how the fact that Miss Hunewearl has no ass has been completely avoided all this time

BIG OLAF
Jul 15, 2011, 12:16 AM
Nah, it didn't catch on because nobody really cares about knock knees because the Japanese ladies make it look good. Spines have almost gone from trollbait to just a PSO-World meme.

But i wonder how the fact that Miss Hunewearl has no ass has been completely avoided all this time

Well, I for one like flat butts. But, uh, I think that this is a road we definitely shouldn't travel down in a public forum discussion...

Mike
Jul 15, 2011, 12:18 AM
Japanese ladies

no ass
I believe you have answered yourself.

RemiusTA
Jul 15, 2011, 12:28 AM
I believe you have answered yourself.

Japanese females tend to put on weight in the most wonderful of places. Usually anyway.

Feed her some popeyes chicken and she'll look like she was homegrown outta georgia.

Griffin
Jul 15, 2011, 12:32 AM
homegrown outta georgia.

Swell example! There's a good amount of... curvaceousness around these parts.

RemiusTA
Jul 15, 2011, 12:38 AM
Indeed, good sir.

But if there are any females here (LOL), you dont have to have an ass to be beautiful. Some shapes work very, very well without them, and too much is....well, disgusting IMO. And everything has to age as well, so having alot at a young age isn't always a good thing! Be proud of having no ass. Just have good genes so you can get it later

okay i'll stop talking about female body types now

Griffin
Jul 15, 2011, 12:45 AM
Sure! Let's talk about having a shirtless, burly six-pack option for males in PSO2!

yoshiblue
Jul 15, 2011, 01:15 AM
Because everyone wants to be sephiroth

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110217023525/finalfantasy/images/thumb/8/87/SephirothEX_Alt.png/394px-SephirothEX_Alt.png (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/index.php?title=Sephiroth/Dissidia&image=SephirothEX_Alt-png)

Griffin
Jul 15, 2011, 01:18 AM
More like Alex Armstrong!

yoshiblue
Jul 15, 2011, 01:22 AM
Well played.

BIG OLAF
Jul 15, 2011, 01:26 AM
Because everyone wants to be Sephiroth

But, Sephiroth is the lamest Final Fantasy villain out of all of them....and I've never even played any FF games (besides Dissidia). After reading all the storylines for every major FF title thus far on the wiki, I inferred that Sephy is the least interesting villain.

Also, Remius is right. You don't have to be voluptuous to be beautiful. In fact, some guys prefer that you aren't.

*cough*likemeforinstance*cough*

yoshiblue
Jul 15, 2011, 01:37 AM
I just posted seph because of griffin. The Best FF villian IMO would be Kefka for just being awesome at his job and Yunalesca for killing off years of summoners and continuing a cycle of destruction. Also was thanks to monster hunter and the anti team long sword with their favorite phrase "I have returned to the planet" everytime they die.

BIG OLAF
Jul 15, 2011, 01:40 AM
The Best FF villian IMO would be Kefka

^This is the correct answer. Congratulations.

Anyway, we've seemed to begun talking about a game series that is irrelevant to the current topic. Not recommended.

blazingsonic
Jul 15, 2011, 09:52 AM

End of Line.

"I hope they add a place to store your collection of weapons and armors so everyone can see them."

As if bragging wasn't enough...

" I hope they bring back alot of the plate type armor that pso had for humans back in the day. I despised the fashion show that was PSU. Keep it militiristic please."

This is not Phantasy Star Black Ops, The clothes and parts helped players make their characters and give them their own wacky styles, If you wanna be a military dog, then you can, but let everyone make their character the way they see fit.

"I hope they bring it for the consoles. I hated playing PSO on the PC. "

I hope it'll be PS3 or Wii U

And that's all I have to say to that.

I hope PSO2 has Real time Aging, Weight gain, and Part-time jobs. Show us what it means to really live our lives in the future.

Ok in all seriousness, what I'd like to see is some new weapons to the game. For example, I'd die a happy man if I can get an iaido-style katana (not a two handed agito).

O_o You almost had me on that first part, It reminded me on how people live on an online world called Second Life.

Wayu
Jul 15, 2011, 09:58 AM
PSO2 will be PC exclusive...IIRC? If I got that wrong please correct me.

-Wayu

RenzokukenZ
Jul 15, 2011, 09:59 AM
Since the very first teaser it has been announced as PC exclusive. This has not changed.

RemiusTA
Jul 15, 2011, 10:17 AM
Sephiroth definitely was the best villian. Probably because FF7 was the best game.

Screw the haters, that game was amazing. The fact that FF6 was on SNES and barely anyone has finished it gives it no special treatment. (Kind of like Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past. It was one of THE best zelda games ever made, but i still wouldnt put it over any of the 3D titles.)

I understand when people get mad over cult-popular games and stuff, but please do realize they got that way for a reason.

Hotobu
Jul 15, 2011, 11:30 AM
Since the very first teaser it has been announced as PC exclusive. This has not changed.

Correction, since the very first trailer it's only been announced as coming out for the PC.

There's a big huge Grand Canyon sized difference.

Since we're talking about it I also hope that it comes to all non Xbox consoles. I own a 360, but the PS games have a hard enough time keeping a population as it is. I don't want to see anything that can possibly divide the populace. Wii U, and PS3/4 I'd be cool with as long as they could connect to the PC servers. In this case there is no choice of which game to get as everyone would be connected. The problem I'd have with PSO2 on a Microsoft console is that it would segregate those people and then there would be a division of who was playing on what console.

NoiseHERO
Jul 15, 2011, 11:31 AM
/must resist easiest chance in the world to troll people that wish this would come out for console

/MUST...RESIST...

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 15, 2011, 11:34 AM
DO NOT DO IT MICHAERU! YOU GOTTA BE STRONG! :<

Alexvrb
Jul 18, 2011, 11:08 PM
/must resist easiest chance in the world to troll people that wish this would come out for console

/MUST...RESIST...It looks like they're at least considering porting it to next gen consoles, but it will definitely be PC-exclusive at launch. If they can make it cross platform I don't have a problem with it, but I'm a little worried about the controls for consoles sucking since it was designed for PC from the start. Also not sure about patches, seems like a mess. Maybe they're planning on doing it when things have settled down in terms of code.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/zCAZtZbAt9o/