View Full Version : Rappies and Forces

Pages : [1] 2

Mike
Jul 15, 2011, 02:27 AM
From the latest email magazine:

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1568&pictureid=21811

Rappies, because they are rappies.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1568&pictureid=21809

A force, whacking things with a cane. Because PSO fans wanted it.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1568&pictureid=21810

And a force shooting out some kind of firey ball.

Touka
Jul 15, 2011, 02:29 AM
Haha,no sooner than I post about it in the PSO 2 thread and Mike has already made a thread *slowpoke*.

Nice to see PSO rappies and not the weird ones in PSU.Also that Fomar is swinging the rod like a partisan.

Wayu
Jul 15, 2011, 02:31 AM
Yep, Forces are in.

RAPPIES! CUTE!!!

>:3 I WANTZ NAO.

Graphics have been updated it seems.

-Wayu

Seth Astra
Jul 15, 2011, 02:32 AM
Some better force pics would be nice. But the rappies look epic.

EDIT: And it seems we have our FOmar.

Wayu
Jul 15, 2011, 02:35 AM

*has a thought*

How large are those rappies?

-Wayu

Genoa
Jul 15, 2011, 02:36 AM
Diggin the force look too.
I'd say they kept a very retro/traditional design with very nice, modern look.

Wayu
Jul 15, 2011, 02:37 AM
EDIT: Nevermind the daggers, it's the RAnewearl dual-wielding something!

-Wayu

Touka
Jul 15, 2011, 02:39 AM

*has a thought*

How large are those rappies?

-Wayu

Since it's development shots i'd say they haxed the camera for that pic.Also the one in the back looks like it's dancing.

RemiusTA
Does anyone spy what i spy with my little eye?

Edit: yeah, they're daggers.

...at least, i HOPE they're daggers. Those would be some disgusting saber designs.....

ARASHIKAGE
Look how detailed the backgrounds are, you can see snow on the mountains.

Edit: Those might be claws by the way shes holding them.

Wayu
Just edited my last comment.

That's the RAnewearl. The HUnewearl doesn't have pigtails.

-Wayu

Touka
Jul 15, 2011, 02:42 AM
Could be Daggers or Twin Claws,she's holding them rather straight so my guess is claws.

Wayu
Jul 15, 2011, 02:42 AM
That's not the HUnewearl~~~~~ >.>

-Wayu

Crystal_Shard
Jul 15, 2011, 02:44 AM
I sense yet another line of rappy plushies incoming. Those three really look like a happy bunch, all the while hiding their evil intentions to peck you to death in unison. ^_^

Looks like we can finally confirm that that was indeed a FOMarl. That weapon both the FOMar and FOMarl are wielding looks more akin to a rod than a cane though. Also, where is my FONewearl Sakai? ^_^ Here's hoping we aren't going to see tribal paint and jester hats/pants this time around.

@Wayu: They don't look that big, though that doesn't mean their bigger and badder cousin isn't hiding in the bushes nearby.

Wayu
Jul 15, 2011, 02:46 AM
Crystal, comparing them to the rocks behind them, then comparing what appears to be those rocks to the second picture, then comparing the FOmarl to the rocks...

-Wayu

Mike
Jul 15, 2011, 02:46 AM
...at least, i HOPE they're daggers. Those would be some disgusting saber designs.....
They may not be daggers since they don't bend back toward the user like PSO & PSU daggers do but it's something that's not a giant sword and that's good stuff.

I'm curious about what is attacking that wolf thing with the giant sword. It looks like some kind of robotic head prong things. HUcast maybe?

RemiusTA
Jul 15, 2011, 02:47 AM
I can't believe there was any doubt in peoples minds that the Fomarl/Fomar character art (and the model shown during the trailer) were force characters.

Rappies are the mascots for PSO, this time in PSO2 their cuteness has increased “200%”, you can meet these characters first by going (to/in/at) ____.

Man what is with these fail teases...But BOY they are adorable. I cant wait to slaughter them en masse.

Wayu
Jul 15, 2011, 02:49 AM
I'd lol if they kept the KFC thing in for PSO2.

-Wayu

Mike
Jul 15, 2011, 02:49 AM
That's not the HUnewearl~~~~~ >.>

-Wayu

Sure it is. Just compare the costume.
[spoiler-box]http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1568&pictureid=20494[/spoiler-box]

RemiusTA
Jul 15, 2011, 02:51 AM
I can see, at least from these screenshots, they've definitely got PSO's "Low Poly but Still F---ing Beautiful" going on.

Im loving the amount of detail put into the weapons. That cane looks amazing, and it's funny im able to say that.

Looks like the Fomarl is shooting the Foie out of the cane. DUZ DAT MEAN WEAPON-SPECIFIC ANIMATIONS ARE BAK?!?!

...or does it mean technique binding is confirmed....?!?!! (be afraidddddd)

Edit:

Mike you just raped my window

And yeah Wayu, that definitely looks like Hunewearl to me. The Hunewearl in the gameplay video had pigtails as well, if you remember. (She was just using a Rifle.)

Im not only curious as to which weapon type that is, but what the weapon / character is being clipped off by those enormous wolf thingies.

Wayu
Jul 15, 2011, 02:54 AM
The gameplay video one was the RAnewearl. >.>

And the HUnewearl doesn't have pigtails in that screenie.

-Wayu

Crystal_Shard
Jul 15, 2011, 02:56 AM
Crystal, comparing them to the rocks behind them, then comparing what appears to be those rocks to the second picture, then comparing the FOmarl to the rocks...

-Wayu

Nah, the rocks seem to be pretty much in the distance. I daresay they aren't bigger than your garden variety rappy.

Also, keeping KFC in would be quite hilarious, but not likely if it's really going to be international. Think of the licenses fees Sega would have to cough up for that.

@RemiusTA: Pretty sure they can't wait to slaughter us either. ^_^

I wouldn't be too worried yet about tech binding - PSO rods did have similar animation if my memory serves me well.

Wayu
Jul 15, 2011, 02:57 AM
http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss135/iRathiest/Screenshot2011-04-30at80451PM.png
^
That's not the HUnewearl. I believe I've been through this multiple times in the sticky.

-Wayu

RemiusTA
Jul 15, 2011, 02:58 AM
Nah, i think most all of them casted with the hand.

It doesn't really matter though, because Canes and Rods were specifically striking weapons in PSO. The only weapon really used for teching were Wands.

Mike
Jul 15, 2011, 02:58 AM
...or does it mean technique binding is confirmed....?!?!! (be afraidddddd)
I would guess no. Just a feeling, no solid proof or anything though.

Mike you just raped my window
As long as I didn't do anything to it's spine.

EDIT: And I still don't believe in the RAnewms. Not until Sega comes out and says so. The FOmarl used a rifle in the video so there's nothing that can convince me a ranger newman existence yet.

Wayu
Jul 15, 2011, 02:59 AM
^

Or feet.

-Wayu

RemiusTA
Jul 15, 2011, 03:02 AM
...Wayu, i think you're right. I never noticed, but the designs are different. I figured she was just using a rifle because they wanted her to :0

Or perhaps it's just an alternate outfit? the biggest difference seems to lie in the articles hanging off the sides of her hips.

Edit: nevermind, you're right. Hunewearl and Ranewearl stand right next to eachother at the very start of the gameplay video. I just never noticed. Unless it's just a plain ol' "alpha we dont care" kind of thing. They look near identical.

Either it's a different class, or the same class with slightly different outfits using weapons they aren't supposed to.

Touka
Jul 15, 2011, 03:05 AM
So Hunters have Custom Combos,Rangers have TPS view.Any guesses as to what Forces may have?I'm guessing chargable techs like in PSZ and since they've added jump,mid air techs?

RemiusTA
Jul 15, 2011, 03:09 AM
for some reason, i just dont see Mid-air techs happening. Maybe specific ones, but i dunno.

their special ability is probably to have sexy as shit technics and do wtf damage.

Looks like we can finally confirm that that was indeed a FOMarl. That weapon both the FOMar and FOMarl are wielding looks more akin to a rod than a cane though. Also, where is my FONewearl Sakai? ^_^ Here's hoping we aren't going to see tribal paint and jester hats/pants this time around.I was actually kind of counting on the facepaint and jester outfits. I'll take the Jester outfits over more future asian-esque designs any day. Keeps that old "MAGICIAN!" feel, you know.

Just NOT those 2-meter platform boots.

ARASHIKAGE
Jul 15, 2011, 03:10 AM
Nah, i think most all of them casted with the hand.

It doesn't really matter though, because Canes and Rods were specifically striking weapons in PSO. The only weapon really used for teching were Wands.
The FOs casted with the Rods in PSO, they used there hands to cast with the other weapons equipped (or nothing equipped) like sabers, handguns... I don't believe the FOs ever casted with their feet, though my RAmar sure did when he had his twin mechs equipped.

Wayu
Jul 15, 2011, 03:10 AM
*sigh*

I'll explain again.

The HUnewearl's outfit has a lot more armor. As you can see, she has some kind of gauntlet thing on her left arm. On the RAnewearl, both arms are uniformly covered by some kind of thin sleeve.

The 'tail' accessories are another thing. While the HUnewearl only has spiky stuff for her almost nonexistent shorts, the RAnewearl has some kind of...khaki leather garter belt or something that also has those flitty tail things.

-Wayu

yoshiblue
Jul 15, 2011, 03:12 AM
If they put in something similer to Sora and Riku's combo in The World That Never Was for forces, I would be happy.

Crystal_Shard
Jul 15, 2011, 03:13 AM
@Touka: Tech combos? Combination Techs? I'm crossing my fingers for both faster stuff for use while soloing, as well as really big techs for usage in groups.

At the very least, no bloody tech/weapon binding. ^_^

@RemiusTA: Well, more like I hope we don't get limited to facepaint and jesterpants only. XD I like the asian themed stuff, but I can do without them if that means more clothing designed with PSO2's civilization in mind.

ARASHIKAGE
Jul 15, 2011, 03:16 AM
Is it just me or does it look like the FOmar has a possible back-up weapon on his back? It looks like a large boomerang or something... (might be just added clothing flair but I'm not sure).

Touka
Jul 15, 2011, 03:19 AM
Remius:Well it depends on how techs are handled in this game,if they are more like PSO or PSU techs.One idea I had was maybe Force could levitate in the air with a spell or something and spam Foies or something.

Crystal:Well I like what they did with Force in Infinity but there's definitely room for improvement.

Arashikage: Don't quote on me on this but i believe that thing on the Fomar's back is a part of his robe.

Crystal_Shard
Jul 15, 2011, 03:20 AM
@Arashikage: Slicer perhaps, but I think it's more likely the tails on the back of the outfit instead.

yoshiblue
Jul 15, 2011, 03:20 AM
Could solve spam by makeing a rapid fire spell. Then again, that could be spammed too.

RemiusTA
Jul 15, 2011, 03:24 AM
If they put in something similer to Sora and Riku's combo in The World That Never Was for forces, I would be happy.

If you're talking about Session, it would basically just be Blade Destruction on terrible, terrible steroids. That looked nothing like a Force ability to me...(and it took 2 people.)

ANYWAY, this was a cute little update, but once again im not too super impressed. For a week and some change of waiting, we're presented with more pictures that do nothing but raise more questions, with no mention of when the leakalpha is going to take place.

The new area is very pretty looking (it's obvious that mountian back there is a parallax backdrop, BTW, it looks too good otherwise), and i love the scale of the enemies and the attention to more PSO detail with the rod wacking...Which might basically tell us there is a new technique system in place, because PSU's control scheme is mostly the reason why there was no room for a melee combo. (But in PSU's really old screenshots, it always looked like Ethan was wacking something with his cane.)

Well, more with the waiting game. inb4 alpha is next month. Im excited the graphics look slightly better, and that the weapons are nicely detailed, and all that jazz. But im kind of tired of being in the dark.

yoshiblue
Jul 15, 2011, 03:26 AM
Heh, all I thought was Magic blades of death mixed with foie spam mix with tag team attacks. With the whole jumping thing added, I thought it would also be cool to throw an ally gunner or mage into the air. Shotgun a bird in the face!

Crystal_Shard
Jul 15, 2011, 03:28 AM
ANYWAY, this was a cute little update, but once again im not too super impressed. For a week and some change of waiting, we're presented with more pictures that do nothing but raise more questions, with no mention of when the leakalpha is going to take place.

Based on the recent "leaks" and comments, I'd actually classify these as a grand attempt at trolling than an actual update. XD

Just hope the hype machine they're trying to build doesn't blow up and the game meets/exceeds expectations.

blace
Jul 15, 2011, 03:34 AM
The HUnewearl's outfit has a lot more armor. As you can see, she has some kind of gauntlet thing on her left arm. On the RAnewearl, both arms are uniformly covered by some kind of thin sleeve.
-Wayu
Actually it's just cut off at the top of the sleeve with a giant pink metal band. It's on both arms and who knows, they could've just done some things with the HUnewearl like maybe show off some possible hair styles.

Is it just me or does it look like the FOmar has a possible back-up weapon on his back? It looks like a large boomerang or something... (might be just added clothing flair but I'm not sure).
Looks more like part of the robes than anything, but I could be wrong. Would be a rather oddly shaped weapon wouldn't it?

Milla
Jul 15, 2011, 03:35 AM
The rappies look derpy xD.

There's my FO's can't wait to see them in action. ^^

RemiusTA
Jul 15, 2011, 03:41 AM
Based on the recent "leaks" and comments, I'd actually classify these as a grand attempt at trolling than an actual update. XD

Just hope the hype machine they're trying to build doesn't blow up and the game meets/exceeds expectations.

No, they ARE trolling. This is like the textbook definition of trolling. The only way it could be worse is if they were deliberately blurring stuff out.

And i think Sonic Team has a very simple trend they follow when developing games. If they are PROUD of it, and are working hard on it, they'll show it off very quickly, and very often. Otherwise, it'll just kind of release whenever it releases, with maybe a few under the radar demos. Around the time Sonic Unleashed was coming out, Sega was drawing a decent amount of attention towards the game, hosting demonstrations and commentaries and everything. That didn't happen with too many titles before then.

When they're proud of something, they put alot of work into it, but if they think it's not going to do well they just let it slide. Phantasy Star Portable 2 and Infinity are obvious examples of this behaviour. And for PSO2, the fact that gameplay video was shown BEFORE any CG work or anything else is pretty interesting. (because for all the other MMOs coming out today, they're just recently starting to get their gameplay shown, let alone get tested.)

If this game does not meet expectations during alpha, that's understandable -- thats what it's there for, afterall. But if it's a complete mess, i'll really be surprised.

BTW, you know, that weapon the Hunewearl (or Ranewearl, whichever they look identical) is holding is too much NOT a dagger and too oddly held to be a sword that they're probably a new weapon class. Something most likely there to replace Twin Sabers?

Looks alot like Kiros' weapon from Final Fantasy 8.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDsxQUlWzS4

Honestly, i'd be pretty happy. Keep twin sabers a rare class. But there's no telling what those could pass for, with Swords being that ridiculously huge and all.

blace
Jul 15, 2011, 03:49 AM
No, they ARE trolling. This is like the textbook definition of trolling. The only way it could be worse is if they were deliberately blurring stuff out.

And i think Sonic Team has a very simple trend they follow when developing games. If they are PROUD of it, and are working hard on it, they'll show it off very quickly, and very often. Otherwise, it'll just kind of release whenever it releases, with maybe a few under the radar demos. Around the time Sonic Unleashed was coming out, Sega was drawing a decent amount of attention towards the game, hosting demonstrations and commentaries and everything. That didn't happen with too many titles before then.

When they're proud of something, they put alot of work into it, but if they think it's not going to do well they just let it slide. Phantasy Star Portable 2 and Infinity are obvious examples of this behaviour. And for PSO2, the fact that gameplay video was shown BEFORE any CG work or anything else is pretty interesting. (because for all the other MMOs coming out today, they're just recently starting to get their gameplay shown, let alone get tested.)

If this game does not meet expectations during alpha, that's understandable -- thats what it's there for, afterall. But if it's a complete mess, i'll really be surprised.

BTW, you know, that weapon the Hunewearl (or Ranewearl, whichever they look identical) is holding is too much NOT a dagger and too oddly held to be a sword that they're probably a new weapon class. Something most likely there to replace Twin Sabers?

Looks alot like Kiros' weapon from Final Fantasy 8.

‪Kiros's "Blood Pain" Limit Break Final Fantasy VIII‬‏ - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDsxQUlWzS4)

Honestly, i'd be pretty happy. Keep twin sabers a rare class. But there's no telling what those could pass for, with Swords being that ridiculously huge and all.
Hmm, yeah they do like a pair of photon katars now that you mention it, a possible spin for the dagger class maybe?

Wayu
Jul 15, 2011, 04:10 AM
It's Dragon Sakai.

He's like the epitome of trolling.

-Wayu

blace
Jul 15, 2011, 04:16 AM
Won't live it down will you? Can't blame you though.

redroses
Jul 15, 2011, 04:46 AM
The rappys look really cute and extremely yellow, lol.

It's nice to finally see some Force screenshots, but it just wants me to see MORE.

And I think the Hu/Ranewearl is either holding something like claws or a totally new weapon. It might be a complete redone design for claws. Maybe they liked the claw design they made for psp2i or PSU so much that they thought it would fit better with claws or that it would actually make a great new weapon.

Here is a screen from the claw from PSU:
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://psupedia.info/images/a/ab/Assassin_claw.jpg
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Looks very much like the basic weapon design/idea of the weapons in the screen.

r00tabaga
Jul 15, 2011, 05:10 AM
thx for sharing Mike......now, bring on the MAG SREENIES PLEEEZ!

redroses
Jul 15, 2011, 05:34 AM
Also, I just noticed they blurred some parts of the picture with the Fomar. In the left upper corner is a little square blurred out and above the head of the Fomar something was blurred out too(guessing were things stand like name/ID number and the class? Maybe that is the reason it was blurred?).

r00tabaga
Jul 15, 2011, 05:41 AM
Yeah, two more above the HUcast's head too.

NoiseHERO
Jul 15, 2011, 06:16 AM
Wow I came in too late. :0

Way more interesting than Ramarl and RaCAST, But still waiting to see actual customization. ]:

As for Fomars outfit... that thing on his back is definitely just part of his clothes. But it also looks like; Instead of being layered, the text on his dress stretches as he moves his legs around (Unrealistic cloak movement like in the past games D:) I'd be complaining if this wasn't an online game.

Though I wish they gave him a hakama instead of a dress-robe again, But I guess PSO fans would've complained. More reasons to hope we can change around clothes at will, and these are just class-race specific default outfits, like the default outfits from PSP2.

Dragwind
Jul 15, 2011, 07:15 AM
It looks like the graphics did get some sort of facelift, the textures look a little better now.

One thing that irks me though is the tech the FOmarl is casting. What could it be? I hope that's a low level tech, because it doesn't look that flashy :-(

MoonlightMyau
Jul 15, 2011, 07:20 AM
Thank you for posting the pics, I had been dying to see Force characters. They look very good.

The Rappies seem cheerfully evil as usual.

Wayu
Jul 15, 2011, 07:51 AM
It looks like the graphics did get some sort of facelift, the textures look a little better now.

One thing that irks me though is the tech the FOmarl is casting. What could it be? I hope that's a low level tech, because it doesn't look that flashy :-(

It's probably the 'tail' of a Foie.

-Wayu

Dragwind
Jul 15, 2011, 08:15 AM
I sure hope so. I just find it a little odd they wouldn't want to show the whole thing, but I'm guessing the point was to show the FOmarl casting in general.

SephirothXer0
Jul 15, 2011, 09:11 AM
Well so far we've seen every character from the artwork of the preview trailer, minus the Ramar and Racaseal

But there was no artwork shown of a Hucast or Hucaseal. Does this mean that they're not part of the game any more? Maybe CASTS are just Rangers now? Or the same design is used for both jobs?

Demon-
Jul 15, 2011, 09:12 AM
Cool more pics!

I like the Rappies much better looking, though I wonder if they will be common or rare this time...probably rare again.

The Rod is has a good detailed metal look, very nice as far as starter rods go.

Glad to see some force pics although they are my least favorite classes but I still play them from time to time.

They really need to show HUcaseals already.

RenzokukenZ
Jul 15, 2011, 09:16 AM
Well so far we've seen every character from the artwork of the preview trailer, minus the Ramar and Racaseal

But there was no artwork shown of a Hucast or Hucaseal. Does this mean that they're not part of the game any more? Maybe CASTS are just Rangers now? Or the same design is used for both jobs?

There was a wall of artwork posted a while back that contained artwork for HUcast and HUcaseal, as well as other characters.

EDIT: [spoiler-box]http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/i0305884-1305053132.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Griffin
Jul 15, 2011, 09:30 AM
That FO girl appeared for a half second in the trailer. I had absolutely no doubts they'd make a return! Although I'm not much for casting spells.

SephirothXer0
Jul 15, 2011, 09:32 AM
There was a wall of artwork posted a while back that contained artwork for HUcast and HUcaseal, as well as other characters.

I remember seeing the picture before, does anyone still have it?

* I see now! My concerns are gone then.

RenzokukenZ
Jul 15, 2011, 09:35 AM
Linked it to my previous post.

RemiusTA
Jul 15, 2011, 09:48 AM
Guys, im almost 100% positive that any class that was included in PSO will be included in PSO2. If anything, we'll be getting new classes.

I highly doubt they'd gimp any class for the sequel out of fear of pissing someone off.

Wayu
Jul 15, 2011, 09:50 AM
^

At least the PSO classes. Dunno about PSU's classes though...maybe the Vanguard from PSP2/i?

-Wayu

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 15, 2011, 09:52 AM
Guys, im almost 100% positive that any class that was included in PSO will be included in PSO2. If anything, we'll be getting new classes.

I highly doubt they'd gimp any class for the sequel out of fear of pissing someone off.

Yes. I believe in this too.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1572&pictureid=21815

Someone poked a saber in that monsta!

Wayu
Jul 15, 2011, 09:54 AM
^

Looks more like a sword with a different colored photon blade from the teaser video.

-Wayu

Mizumi323
Jul 15, 2011, 09:58 AM
I like these rappies... lol
Seem to be cuter (and more detailed) than the PSU ones. ;3

serenade
Jul 15, 2011, 10:01 AM
seeing the FOmar class makes me happy.... my favorite PSO class.

NoiseHERO
Jul 15, 2011, 10:03 AM
I think it looks more like a spear/partisan-like thingy, than a sword or saber.

But who knows.

I dunno why they would take a screen shot that'd look so messy to begin with, but it's probably related to more trolling.

FOkyasuta
Jul 15, 2011, 10:04 AM
Re-skin. Totally not a surprise.

Wayu
Jul 15, 2011, 10:08 AM
What reskin?

-Wayu

RemiusTA
Jul 15, 2011, 10:14 AM
The wolves, probably.

look, reskins are a harsh reality that every developer is going to use in one way or another. Especially MMO developers. I dont know what makes people think otherwise.

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 15, 2011, 10:17 AM
I'm a little sad though. The new info was only three screenshots? I'm happy we got new info but sad at the same time. So little :<

FOkyasuta
Jul 15, 2011, 10:18 AM
The wolves, probably.

look, reskins are a harsh reality that every developer is going to use in one way or another. Especially MMO developers. I dont know what makes people think otherwise.
He speaks the truth. But even people will get that feeling that it might end up like,
[SPOILER-BOX]Dis PSU Reskin Fiasco.
Simple as that bro.[/SPOILER-BOX]

RemiusTA
Jul 15, 2011, 10:20 AM
That's different. It really depends on what they reskin and how similar it is to the original enemy.

If you're talking about bosses (like Mother Brain being a final boss reskin) then yeah it's pretty sad. But note that you can also do a reskin very well. Like the Gol Dragon from PSO, which obviously uses the same Ep.I dragon skeleton but fights NOTHING like the original dragon.

Some of PSU's enemies were reskinned very well. Some of the enemies from different planets had completely different patterns and group attacks.

FOkyasuta
Jul 15, 2011, 10:21 AM
That's different. It really depends on what they reskin and how similar it is to the original enemy.

If you're talking about bosses (like Mother Brain being a final boss reskin) then yeah it's pretty sad. But note that you can also do a reskin very well. Like the Gol Dragon from PSO, which obviously uses the same Ep.I dragon skeleton but fights NOTHING like the original dragon.
If used like that well of course its bound to be good. But you get the point?

RemiusTA
Jul 15, 2011, 10:34 AM
Oh yes of course. I wouldn't really use PSU as an example of anything good from Sega personally.

Im amazingly surprised they never released an expansion that upgrades the game to PSP2 status. It's still using that old, broken, boring system that they almost universally improved upon in PSP2.

edit:
And i had to actually walk into the PSU forums to get what you were talking about. Im surprised what they're doing to the people who still pay for that damn game is even considered legal.

UNLIMITED trolling on sega's part. And then to put the troll icing on the troll cake, they remove the Forums so the players have nowhere to vent themselves. It's amazing.

BIG OLAF
Jul 15, 2011, 10:40 AM
Ok, so I don't have the patience to read through the first eight pages of this topic. Someone tell me what people are bitching about this time?

Is the FOmarl squatting too low?
Is the FOmar's spine twisted too oddly?
Do the Rappies look too happy?

Griffin
Jul 15, 2011, 10:41 AM
And then to put the troll icing on the troll cake, they remove the Forums so the players have nowhere to vent themselves. It's amazing.

No wonder I couldn't find them a few days ago! That's a bad impression! Come now, Sega guys, step it UP!

FOkyasuta
Jul 15, 2011, 10:43 AM
Oh yes of course. I wouldn't really use PSU as an example of anything good from Sega personally.

Im amazingly surprised they never released an expansion that upgrades the game to PSP2 status. It's still using that old, broken, boring system that they almost universally improved upon in PSP2.

And i had to actually walk into the PSU forums to get what you were talking about.

Im surprised what they're doing to the people who still pay for that damn game is even considered legal.

Basically if they don't end up like that, A good majority of the PS players will come back to play this. And im sorry i had to make you walk into those forums. X/ What was i thinking?

SephirothXer0
Jul 15, 2011, 10:43 AM
Ok, so I don't have the patience to read through the first eight pages of this topic. Someone tell me what people are bitching about this time?

Nobody is complaining. We're trying to figure out who's stabbing the wolf.

NoiseHERO
Jul 15, 2011, 10:44 AM

LOL no ones really bitching(yet)

I'm still on the fence about rappies but meh.

I don't think you'll get whining out of fomars dress from the pso'ers though.

BIG OLAF
Jul 15, 2011, 10:47 AM
Nobody is complaining. We're trying to figure out who's stabbing the wolf.

It's a HUnewearl.

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 15, 2011, 10:50 AM
ROFLMAO!!!

Who poked the poor little monsta with a saber? It's a damn mystery!

NoiseHERO
Jul 15, 2011, 10:53 AM
Looks like there's either three people in that screen shot or that twin dagger girl has an invisible arm...

But of course theres giant fireball cause by the monster getting hit with too much stuff at once blocking the way.

Akaimizu
Jul 15, 2011, 10:55 AM
These pics have now made me decide I'll be a FOmar as a main. I'll admit, the FOmar is looking better than ever. Also, these Rappies own. I'd love to play a game with these guys in it, looking all life-sized.

Vashyron
Jul 15, 2011, 10:58 AM
I thought the Rappies look a bit too tall.... well going to wait out to see them actually animated, stuff can turn out seemingly better when you see it in action.

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 15, 2011, 10:58 AM
Looks like there's either three people in that screen shot or that twin dagger girl has an invisible arm...

But of course theres giant fireball cause by the monster getting hit with too much stuff at once blocking the way.

Yeah Michaeru! That's where the mystery character is!

BIG OLAF
Jul 15, 2011, 11:00 AM
Anyone else see the picture on Ricardo's blog of the "wish-list" wall that SEGA has in their office? Now, obviously they're all from Japanese players, but what do you think they say?

Akaimizu
Jul 15, 2011, 11:03 AM
Anyone else see the picture on Ricardo's blog of the "wish-list" wall that SEGA has in their office? Now, obviously they're all from Japanese players, but what do you think they say?

They say:

1. Make the Six Square Circus a permanent Lobby in PSO2, complete with trained Savage Wolves.
2. Keep Twin Mech guns in the game, please thank you.
3. We want to hit mobs, as the americans would say, "Up side the head" with canes, please.

^ My personal translation of a couple of points in it. They could be a little off in interpretation, but I think I caught the spirit of it there.

BIG OLAF
Jul 15, 2011, 11:05 AM
They say:

1. Make the Six Square Circus a permanent Lobby in PSO2.

^And what would that be..?

SephirothXer0
Jul 15, 2011, 11:07 AM
It's a HUnewearl.

And you can tell that from seeing one foot?

Unless you're talking about the one on the right, whose hands are both occupied by katars so she must be shooting a photon blade out of her rear.

Akaimizu
Jul 15, 2011, 11:08 AM
It would be a Six Square Circus. Inside the big tent. Savage Wolves. A Trainer with a photon whip. Tight Ropes. A cannon off in the corner. All platforms with neon-like photon borders (lights).

BIG OLAF
Jul 15, 2011, 11:08 AM
And you can tell that from seeing one foot?

Unless you're talking about the one on the right, whose hands are both occupied by katars so she must be shooting a photon blade out of her rear.

Oh, true. Didn't see the foot. Based on the shoe, I'd say it's a HUmar.

It would be a Six Square Circus. Inside the big tent. Savage Wolves. A Trainer with a photon whip. Tight Ropes. A cannon off in the corner. All platforms with neon-like photon borders (lights).

Ok, but I've never heard of this "Six Square Circus." So, that's why I was asking.

Sord
Jul 15, 2011, 11:10 AM
http://i.imgur.com/LtTNH.png (http://pics.blameitonthevoices.com/092009/thriller_zombie_dance.jpg)

That rappy is forever doing the Thriller dance.

Akaimizu
Jul 15, 2011, 11:10 AM
^ Or even better. Horribly *trying* to do the thriller dance, effectively increasing the cuteness level by a thousand.

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 15, 2011, 11:11 AM
Where is this shoe?! I CAN'T FIND IT! I WANNA SEE IT TOO!! ;_;

Edit: Nevermind! Already caught it. At a fast glance it seemed like the monsta leg but upon close and attentive glance it's from a player character.

SephirothXer0
Jul 15, 2011, 11:11 AM
Oh, true. Didn't see the foot. Based on the shoe, I'd say it's a HUmar.

That's what I think as well

Vashyron
Jul 15, 2011, 11:12 AM

Under the "wolf."

Sord
Jul 15, 2011, 11:12 AM
^ Or even better. Horribly *trying* to do the thriller dance, effectively increasing the cuteness level by a thousand.

Poor guy has got no real waist or elbows. Dance on anyway little dude ;;

Akaimizu
Jul 15, 2011, 11:13 AM

Behind the beast getting whacked by the Cane. Just right, but behind the exposed hind leg from the flash. Left side.

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 15, 2011, 11:14 AM
I will have to say the same as Olaf: It's from the HUmar.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1572&pictureid=20535

Sord
Jul 15, 2011, 11:23 AM
Of note on the double sword/dagger thing that's being used by the Hunewearl:

Those look a hell of a lot like Katara, (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katara_(dagger)) an Indian push dagger. Voldo from Soul Calibur uses them as well. I'm familiar with them though more thanks to D&D when I was younger. Exotic Weapon Proficiency, yeeeeeeeaah

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 15, 2011, 11:37 AM
Yeah. They look exactly like that. I guess that can be a new weapon type?
Or they are simply in the Twin Daggers category.

CelestialBlade
Jul 15, 2011, 11:57 AM
http://i.imgur.com/LtTNH.png (http://pics.blameitonthevoices.com/092009/thriller_zombie_dance.jpg)

Cannot unsee o_o

They have the creepiest beak-smile-thing going on though, geez XD

BIG OLAF
Jul 15, 2011, 11:58 AM
I will have to say the same as Olaf: It's from the HUmar.

You could have put that image in a spoiler-box, dude. It's kind of big and disruptive.

Anyway, on the subject of the Rappies, they look like something out of Alice in Wonderland.

Vashyron
Jul 15, 2011, 12:01 PM
I've come to the conclusion that those aren't Rappies, they are just the return of the Rappy suits. :wacko:

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 15, 2011, 12:35 PM
I can't beat it. Everytime I look at that screenshot with the new rappies I start laughing.
The first rappy has such a weird but funny smile. And then there's the second one doing the Thriller dance. :wacko:

NoiseHERO
Jul 15, 2011, 12:48 PM
BIRDS CAN'T SMILE IN THIS GAME THAT EVERYONE WANTED TO BE SO REALISTIC. *ROLLS EYES*

THEY'RE JUST WEIRD LOOKING.

THAT'S ALL!

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 15, 2011, 12:49 PM
I never said I wanted this ta be realistic. I know other folks said that though.
Just a fun Online Action RPG ta play with people and I'm in!

NoiseHERO
Jul 15, 2011, 12:54 PM
OMG I WASN'T EVEN TALKING ABOUT YOU!!
(People have been whining "make eet realistic no mo anime, plox, kthxbai" for months oddly)

Wow-how I'm bored.

Akaimizu
Jul 15, 2011, 12:55 PM
I LOVE these Rappies.

Rappies are Big. Yeah yeah yeah!! They're not small. No no no!!!
(Wonders if they got a Big Big Bite!!!)

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 15, 2011, 12:58 PM
OMG I WASN'T EVEN TALKING ABOUT YOU!!
(People have been whining "make eet realistic no mo anime, plox, kthxbai" for months oddly)

Wow-how I'm bored.

Michaeru, I know you weren't.
Was just saying :3

I LOVE these Rappies.

Rappies are Big. Yeah yeah yeah!! They're not small. No no no!!!
(Wonders if they got a Big Big Bite!!!)

Yes!!! They are awsome and funny too!

EspioKaos
Jul 15, 2011, 01:05 PM
http://forum.psupedia.info/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1495

I decided to translate the full mail mag, trying my best to retain Bonko's... humor. (I plan on doing this with each one that comes out.) Remaining alpha test hopefuls might find soemthing interesting in there, too...!

Sord
Jul 15, 2011, 01:06 PM
Male hunters, remember to always wear your cups, because the new rappies pecker can now peck the shit out of yours. :wacko: :disapprove:

Ack, got ninja posted by a far more relevant post that really shouldn't be ninjaed. Should maybe toss that link or just the translation in general on the front page.

NoiseHERO
Jul 15, 2011, 01:15 PM
So theres still going to be different kinds of rappies in the future.

Also tell sakai to stop being stingy!

•Col•
Jul 15, 2011, 01:17 PM
The one rappy looks drunk.

I also noticed that they fixed the shadows from pre-alpha.

ARASHIKAGE
Jul 15, 2011, 01:43 PM
I like the Rappies much better looking, though I wonder if they will be common or rare this time...probably rare again.
They are better looking because this is how they used to look in PSO, and they most defiantly should be common foes, not rare. Edit: Although it looks like they lost some weight.

I wouldn't get to worried, it looks like we are being spoon feed bits at a time. Which is very smart on Segas part it keeps us chomping at the bit, without loosing all interest waiting for a big unveiling.

I'm still craving the RAmar pics the only class in the game with a mask option, I'm hopping they stay true to PSO form (I think we briefly see them in the trailer opening). And of course we haven't seen the "Carnival of Chaos" characters: FOnewearl FOnewm

landman
Jul 15, 2011, 02:43 PM
I love the snowy background, and I'm glad they got rid of that Zero rappies.

GCoffee
Jul 15, 2011, 03:07 PM
I love the snowy background, and I'm glad they got rid of that Zero rappies.

Your heart is made of stone!?

And did anybody else feel like Forest 1 all over again right when seeing these new pictures? Couldn't help getting that vibe, it just looks so much the same.
Here is hoping for some juicy mother earth of dishonesty remix, mhhh...

Sord
Jul 15, 2011, 03:17 PM
Your heart is made of stone!?

And did anybody else feel like Forest 1 all over again right when seeing these new pictures? Couldn't help getting that vibe, it just looks so much the same.
Here is hoping for some juicy mother earth of dishonesty remix, mhhh...

That was pretty much the vibe I got when the trailer first came out, with the exception the enemies were different.

...and they most defiantly should be common foes, not rare. Edit: Although it looks like they lost some weight.

I'm guessing you meant definitely? Mix words in my head up like that a lot. Thinking ahead of what I'm typing, then spit out some similar sounding word (or the wrong homonym.)

Alex Longstride
Jul 15, 2011, 03:33 PM
Yeah. They look exactly like that. I guess that can be a new weapon type?
Or they are simply in the Twin Daggers category.

I certainly hope that they haven't abandoned the signature "PSO Daggers" (which are actually knuckleduster/dagger hybrids) in favor of Katars. I mean, Katars work for me, but I like the good old daggers better...

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 15, 2011, 03:39 PM
Humm... yeah. If I had ta chose, I would hafta go with the good old daggers too.

ShadowDragon28
Jul 15, 2011, 04:40 PM
Awesome, the default classes definately look way more PSO-ish than the PSU & PSp series IMO. Rappies look great, nice hint about possible rare rappies.
Dammit I can't wait to see more.

PSO2 better have MAGs in the next "leak" of pics, better show some designs MAGS ffs >:-/ Come on Sakai, PSO2 *must* have MAGS. PSZ had them. PSO2 should as well!

r00tabaga
Jul 15, 2011, 04:41 PM
I'd like to see variety in my daggers (AND I LOVE DAGGERS!) instead of them all being weilded "backwards"...

ShadowDragon28
Jul 15, 2011, 04:58 PM
As long as they bring back Mags especially the Rati mag (or a mag very similar to it) and Lavis weapons, I will be very happy.

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 15, 2011, 05:09 PM
I don't really miss much from PSO but there is just one thing that I would actually like ta make a return in PSO2. It be them MAGs!
Being able ta raise them like ya wanted to was great! And some had really nice / funny designs that would even match with ya character's outfit.
I still think they will certainly be back but who knows what will happen.

r00tabaga
Jul 15, 2011, 05:11 PM
Yeah mags... +1

Syl
Jul 15, 2011, 05:12 PM
I hnnnng'd so hard. Damn it Sega, stop making me itch to make every class. >_>

Angelo
Jul 15, 2011, 05:41 PM
I'm probably in the minority in the fact that I do not miss MAGs at all.

Too much micro-managing garbage is a turn-off for me. I do like the idea of customizing your stats further, though.

Sord
Jul 15, 2011, 05:45 PM
I liked mags a lot, but I kinda hated having to wait every just-under-three minutes to cram three more items down their throat. If I'm doing a ruins run that took 40 minutes, I didn't want to stop every three minutes on top of that, nor wait for everyone else to do it. So eventually I did just stop caring about it, and my mags took forever to develop as a result. I know some people would stand around and just do it, but when I play a game, I kinda want to, you know, play the game. I'd gladly take the trade off of having to give them more junk to level if I could stuff 'em any time I felt like it with as much as I had.

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 15, 2011, 05:47 PM
I don't miss them THAT much; just a little bit. If they put something new that's okay for me.

Griffin
Jul 15, 2011, 05:49 PM
The ability to visually customize MAGs would be a major plus for me! Just a little Spore inspiration, fellas. :D

Sord
Jul 15, 2011, 06:00 PM
The ability to visually customize MAGs would be a major plus for me! Just a little Spore inspiration, fellas. :D

I wouldn't trust an online community with that level of customization. We'd have floating dicks, boobs, and poo piles everywhere. But definitely some degree of customization would be welcomed outside "it is what it eats."

r00tabaga
Jul 15, 2011, 06:05 PM
"floating dicks"..........classic!

D-Inferno
Jul 15, 2011, 06:08 PM
I wonder if Force weapons will run off of MST or ATP? MST would make things unfair for the human forces, and presumably males(assuming MST will still favor females), as males also have lower ATA.

CAMPSO
Jul 15, 2011, 06:22 PM
Awesome finally get to see FOmars. They seem to have kept the PSO look to them but make it a little more modern. I wonder how Newman forces will look cuz we know they were dressed a little strange ha ha.

SephirothXer0
Jul 15, 2011, 06:28 PM
I liked mags a lot, but I kinda hated having to wait every just-under-three minutes to cram three more items down their throat. If I'm doing a ruins run that took 40 minutes, I didn't want to stop every three minutes on top of that, nor wait for everyone else to do it. So eventually I did just stop caring about it, and my mags took forever to develop as a result. I know some people would stand around and just do it, but when I play a game, I kinda want to, you know, play the game. I'd gladly take the trade off of having to give them more junk to level if I could stuff 'em any time I felt like it with as much as I had.

I think that would work fine as long as they give them level caps proportional to your own level, and let you trade them between your alts like before. It was much more fun to start a new character when you could get a nice boost to get past the beginning quicker as a result of your hard work from before.

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 15, 2011, 06:36 PM
I wouldn't trust an online community with that level of customization. We'd have floating dicks, boobs, and poo piles everywhere. But definitely some degree of customization would be welcomed outside "it is what it eats."

"floating dicks"..........classic!

ROFLMAO!!! Oh man that's too much! I can already imagine it > <

Griffin
Jul 15, 2011, 06:40 PM
Hah! That's the unfortunate side of online societies (or any society for that matter!). At least bless us with some color customizations.

•Col•
Jul 15, 2011, 06:51 PM
So, uh... Does anyone know what the weapon the HUmar is using in the picture with the wolf?

It's sticking through the wolf... It looks like it might be a saber.

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 15, 2011, 07:00 PM
At first, I tought that too. But now I have my doubts, judging from his leg position.

NoiseHERO
Jul 15, 2011, 07:00 PM
Unless the sabers are extra metal-ish too

I dunno... I still get the feeling it's a partisan or the tip of a sword.

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 15, 2011, 07:02 PM
Hmmm... Maby Twin Sabers? Imagine if he has his arms crossed with Twin Sabers equiped.

Alisha
Jul 15, 2011, 07:21 PM
i hope fomarls will still be able to melee/buff/heal with the possible exception of grants i dont like teching for damage n_n

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 15, 2011, 07:25 PM
I think ya will be able to, at least the melee part. The force is whacking the monsta with a cane in the second picture.

Vashyron
Jul 15, 2011, 07:25 PM
I think the HUmar is just wielding a 2 handed sword. Wouldn't be too far of a stretch to think the "stabbing" is just coincidental clipping while he was running.

AzureBlaze
Jul 15, 2011, 07:48 PM
What is the logo that appears a couple of times?
Can anyone read it?

It is the star on the RAcast leg & HUmar boot.

When it was on his boot I shrugged it off, but now it's in 2 places, it must be meaningful in some way maybe.

Why does FO not have any logo at all?
Is it the logo for the organization?
Is it the logo of the faction?
Is it the designer brand name like PSU had?
Is it possible to read what is obviously a word on there?

Also forgotten about:
A fun new font for this game too? PSO had it's own font face, and PSU added 3 more. Typography is interesting, especially with what they seem to do with them. Alien, but read-able in most cases. (Neudaiz's wasn't)

Relevent to...
Do you notice how they're trying to make these new outfits look like the default NPC people from PSO? Do you think that's nice, or not?

Vashyron
Jul 15, 2011, 07:53 PM
^ The thing that's written on the clothing is ARKS. Really easy to see on the concept art in the video.

Apparently it's the organization the players are now. (Like PSO had Hunters and PSU had Guardians.) Not to be confused with PSO EP 3 ARKZ though.

Proof here: http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-setting-concepts/

GCoffee
Jul 15, 2011, 07:55 PM
Is it just me or do those Rappies look like they got no goddamn spine?? That looks just totally off, ugh.

Vashyron
Jul 15, 2011, 08:02 PM
Is it just me or do those Rappies look like they got no goddamn spine?? That looks just totally off, ugh.

This game seems to have a Spine problem eh.

I've said it some posts back, but things may generally look better when you see it in motion.

GCoffee
Jul 15, 2011, 08:40 PM
This game seems to have a Spine problem eh.

I've said it some posts back, but things may generally look better when you see it in motion.

Am I a fail fail troll? :(

Sord
Jul 15, 2011, 10:37 PM
^ The thing that's written on the clothing is ARKS. Really easy to see on the concept art in the video.

Apparently it's the organization the players are now. (Like PSO had Hunters and PSU had Guardians.) Not to be confused with PSO EP 3 ARKZ though.

Proof here: http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-setting-concepts/

Even though the trailer deliberately mentions them, I keep forgetting they exist. Need to find a story source on PSO C.A.R.D. Had it at one point, hated it, gave it to a friend. No idea what has come of it now. I suppose the funny part is fast forward quite a few years and now I'm into Magic: The Gathering pretty hard. Wonder if I'd like the game now, though somehow I doubt it. MTG seems to be the exception to the rule for me.

Demon-
Jul 16, 2011, 02:11 AM
They are better looking because this is how they used to look in PSO, and they most defiantly should be common foes, not rare. Edit: Although it looks like they lost some weight.Thought they looked familiar. It does look like they lost weight and their heads got a little bigger.

Xefi
Jul 16, 2011, 02:44 AM
those rappies look WAY too happy this time around. :cat:

•Col•
Jul 16, 2011, 02:52 AM
So do we know whether the weapon the FOmar is using is a cane or a rod? Because it looks better fit to be a cane... If it is the Rod design, I'm gonna be a little disappointed.

I always thought the default Rod design in PSO looked really cool for some reason.

Arika
Jul 16, 2011, 04:01 AM
I wonder if PSO2 will be fix class-race like PSO1, or it will be chosen race, then chosen class like PSU..

Sord
Jul 16, 2011, 04:05 AM
So do we know whether the weapon the FOmar is using is a cane or a rod? Because it looks better fit to be a cane... If it is the Rod design, I'm gonna be a little disappointed.

I always thought the default Rod design in PSO looked really cool for some reason.

Well, in the link EspioKaos posted of his translation of the full leak (http://forum.psupedia.info/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1495) it was called a rod twice. Though whether that was Bonkohara saying it as a general statement, EspioKaos just translating whatever japanese character as rod, or if it was actually meant as the rod weapon I don't know. To me it seems likely it really is just the rod. Even if it is though, not like there's only going to be one rod, I'm sure there will be a throwback form.

RemiusTA
Jul 16, 2011, 11:24 AM
It looks just like the traditional Cane design, although it's farrr bigger than any cane from PSO.

Ishia
Jul 16, 2011, 11:29 AM
FOmar's pimp cane.

BIG OLAF
Jul 16, 2011, 11:48 AM
FOmar's pimp cane.

Hopefully there's no "Pimp Cane" weapon. That would totally break the at-...

Sord
Jul 16, 2011, 11:54 AM

and then PSOW was the
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s18/liveangel93/mushroom-cloud.jpg

EspioKaos
Jul 16, 2011, 12:07 PM

It's a rod. Bonkohara specifically calls it that twice in the e-mail.

RemiusTA
Jul 16, 2011, 12:33 PM
FOmar's pimp cane.

was a rod

booyah

Massamix3.0
Jul 16, 2011, 02:36 PM

Any chance you know someone good with Flash to bring that to life? I;d love to see rappies doing thriller.

I am quite happy about this. Not only are Forces confirmed, but forces can once again melee with their rods/staffs/canes. You have no idea how much I missed meleeing as a force. Battlemage is go!

•Col•
Jul 16, 2011, 02:46 PM
Awwwwww...... Oh well, I guess... Never played much Force anyway. Plus I wouldn't be surprised if they made rare weapons designed to be a throwback to the original weapons from PSO.

DarkShadowX
Jul 16, 2011, 08:40 PM
Woot, Forces are in! FOmar looks nice, arggg need moar pics!!!

iBaylin
Jul 16, 2011, 08:58 PM
Them rappies are super happy. They must have just got finish pecking someone to death. Don't be fool by there cuteness. They're evil!

If there where a Pimp Cane I would make a force and name him Slickback. A purple pimp robe have to come with it. xD

NoiseHERO
Jul 16, 2011, 09:03 PM
No no...

It's..

A Pimp Named Slickback!

You gotta say the whole thing!

iBaylin
Jul 16, 2011, 09:07 PM
No no...

It's..

A Pimp Named Slickback!

You gotta say the whole thing!

lol Oh yeah, How could I forget.

r00tabaga
Jul 16, 2011, 10:25 PM
If there where a Pimp Cane I would make a force and name him Slickback. A purple pimp robe have to come with it. xD

And then you can pimp ALL of the bikini wearing hunters out there! Unless of course SEGA realizes how crazy/dumb "full customization" got in PSU & remove it in PSO2.

Randomness
Jul 16, 2011, 10:57 PM
And then you can pimp ALL of the bikini wearing hunters out there! Unless of course SEGA realizes how crazy/dumb "full customization" got in PSU & remove it in PSO2.

Forces wearing bikinis is fine. Newman forces especially. Think about it. Did ANYTHING they wore in PSO even look like it provided protection? That, and FOs are so squishy it doesn't matter.

Ishia
Jul 16, 2011, 11:41 PM

I'm sorry, are you insinuating that there should be LESS customization in PSO2?

Get out. Get the fuck out.

BIG OLAF
Jul 16, 2011, 11:49 PM
Unless of course SEGA realizes how crazy/dumb "full customization" got in PSU & remove it in PSO2.

Obvious flamebait is obvious.

*gives time machine to r00tabaga and tells him to go back to 2001, anyway*

Wayu
Jul 17, 2011, 12:03 AM
Didn't someone important in the PSO2-making-process say that there would be more customization some time ago?

-Wayu

ARASHIKAGE
Jul 17, 2011, 12:09 AM
-I swear r00ta is the most quoted person on these forums.-

And I actually wish your statements to be true.

Edit: If none of the clothes from PSU shows up in PSO2, I will sleep happy.

Griffin
Jul 17, 2011, 12:15 AM
I don't see why there won't be a vast selection of attires to choose from!

BIG OLAF
Jul 17, 2011, 12:22 AM
Edit: If none of the clothes from PSU shows up in PSO2, I will sleep happy.

I'm sure there won't be. But they'll certainly have a bunch of new ones.

Vashyron
Jul 17, 2011, 12:34 AM
Dunno if anyone has posted this: http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-rappies-and-forces-development-screenshots/ Has updated which nicely spotted out that the HUnewearl didn't get her named blurred out and is Sue.

So if this isn't just a player or a random throwback (like PSU MAG) it will be interesting to see if they connect the old characters to this new Setting. (Which apparently isn't Ragol.)

BIG OLAF
Jul 17, 2011, 12:39 AM
It's probably just a placeholder name, like "Sonic", "Tails", and "Amy" usually are.

iBaylin
Jul 17, 2011, 12:43 AM
Obvious flamebait is obvious.

Which is why I didn't respond to it.

Didn't someone important in the PSO2-making-process say that there would be more customization some time ago?

-Wayu

Seems a lot of people missed that.

Wayu
Jul 17, 2011, 12:45 AM
It seems a lot of people ignore it just for the sake of trolling.

Which is why I tend to ignore specific people due to them loving to troll.

-Wayu

Vashyron
Jul 17, 2011, 01:40 AM
It's probably just a placeholder name, like "Sonic", "Tails", and "Amy" usually are.

Probable, but she is the same as Sue was (Default HUnewearl appearance.)

Espio's Translation of that screen's note: "* Ignore the mosaic effect here. Maybe if you squint your eyes just a bit you won't notice..."

Sounds to me like he meant the reverse and wanted people to find out because it has meaning.

Doubt it was unintentionally left out, the 3 other characters are blurred out and so is whatever they are hiding in the Top Left, but hey.

blace
Jul 17, 2011, 02:26 AM
Probable, but she is the same as Sue was (Default HUnewearl appearance.)

Defaults galore:
http://www.gamershell.com/static/screenshots/4403/73102_full.jpg

You shouldn't worry too much about what they'll name them in the finished product.

And that bit of blur is something I can't figure out. Speculations?

Vashyron
Jul 17, 2011, 03:14 AM
Defaults galore:

You shouldn't worry too much about what they'll name them in the finished product.

Like I said it seems suspicious enough to me to be beyond place holder named stuff. (If your trying to point out the Sonic named characters.)

To add it to it, they've shown that they can remove the HUD and name tags floating above players before, now on the only shot they don't and they decide to blur, they end messing up and write something suspicious note for the picture, just seems a odd to me.

I may be wrong and this might all be a coincidental fuck up, either way this gives us something new to speculate about instead of the same old.

And that bit of blur is something I can't figure out. Speculations?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12804628/PSO2/pso2-sue.png

Red Blurred, Green Sue. Unless you mean something else.

blace
Jul 17, 2011, 03:21 AM
I mean that massive blur in the corner that could look like a figure sitting.

Anyway, their names are probably related to the story, or they could just be covering up their own identities as they play through it. Since this is supposed to take place somewhere else that isn't Ragol or Pioneer 2, they're probably using the names as references to PSO, but again, no clear background on story.

NoiseHERO
Jul 17, 2011, 04:00 AM
I agree with the story characters thing. All of the story/mission characters in PSO were just the default character designs but with their own names right?

Kenbog
Jul 17, 2011, 07:09 AM
I agree with the story characters thing. All of the story/mission characters in PSO were just the default character designs but with their own names right?

yup Ash HUmar, Kireek HUcast, Bernie RAmar , Sue HUnewearl, Elenor RAcaseal, Motague FOnewm , Rupika FOnewearl, Alicia FOmarl, Gilliam RAcast and Karen RAmarl (forgot who the FOmar(CAL is one but he isn't a real human and doesn't wear the basic cloths) and the HUcaseal(...Shino doesnt have the basic parts) where).

Hrith
Jul 17, 2011, 08:04 AM
Shino was a RAcaseal.

Kenbog
Jul 17, 2011, 08:17 AM
Shino was a RAcaseal.

oh ya right silly me ^^;

RemiusTA
Jul 17, 2011, 12:06 PM
....Wow. I guess that just goes to show how your brain truely overlooks characters you arent familiar with. I seriously thought that green text was actually a design on the Rod that Fomar was holding.

I do remember her saying "squint and you might not notice", so if her name is "Sue" then it's definitely a PSO throwback, in which case NO the inclusion of the Hunewearl with the daggers is not a lucky find. It was probably in the screenshot, and they decided not to take it out.

It seems a lot of people ignore it just for the sake of trolling.

Which is why I tend to ignore specific people due to them loving to troll.

Dude ive pointed this out so many times i just gave up after a while. The very first trailer ever pretty much answers most peoples questions about this game (and the devs later confirm through vids and screens) but people just cant help their paranoia.

http://www.phantasy-star.net/pso/psonpcs.html

The NPCs for everyones "FYI"!

At the very least, if they continue this trend....i guess everyone's gonna get their beloved Kireek back with his PSO2 Soul Eater intact.

r00tabaga
Jul 17, 2011, 12:25 PM
Q: So ok, how is me (& many others I might add) not wanting bikini armor in our PSO2 considered trolling? Everyone knows there will be customization, but PSU's was "out there" 90% of the time. Most were just plain weird!
A: Please place answer here

Hrith
Jul 17, 2011, 01:05 PM
Clothes in PSU were never armour, they were... clothes.

There was no armour on PSU at all, only 'line shields', i.e. defensive barriers made of photon energy.

That said, I agree that swim suits and the likes were always a retarded idea.
It would be fine if they could only be used in lobbies with water, like the oasis on Moatoob and the hot springs on Neudaiz, etc.

kazuuya
Jul 17, 2011, 01:16 PM
I love that Rappies! *A* They do look very cute! I don't know if I imagine it, but do they smile? (If yes, that makes them even more cute! xD)

NoiseHERO
Jul 17, 2011, 01:22 PM
Clothes in PSU were never armour, they were... clothes.

There was no armour on PSU at all, only 'line shields', i.e. defensive barriers made of photon energy.

It would be fine if they could only be used in lobbies with water, like the oasis on Moatoob and the hot springs on Neudaiz, etc.

LOL @ how easy this argument starts back up again. Even starting at the basics of everyone's opinion on it.

r00tabaga
Jul 17, 2011, 01:25 PM

I have wanted separate apparel for a long time.

Omega-z
Jul 17, 2011, 07:56 PM
Looks like Assassin Traitor to me that the Neuman's using just a little different.

Alisha
Jul 17, 2011, 08:34 PM
as long as there is some clothes that is specific to each class/gender combo i will probally be cool with whatever they do.

BlackCosmic
Jul 17, 2011, 10:23 PM
So whats going on?

Wayu
Jul 17, 2011, 10:29 PM
^ Read the last 20 pages or so? ^^;

Tl;dr people either like the look of the rappies or just want to rant about how PSO2 should have less customization than PSU or something like that.

A.K.A. nothing important other than the very first post.

-Wayu

Alisha
Jul 17, 2011, 10:45 PM
the people that want less customization are likely pso fans like me. however im happy with the default costumes ive seen so far i dont really care anymore.

Wayu
Jul 17, 2011, 10:49 PM
@Alisha and all the PSO fans then: Dragon Sakai or some other person working on the PSO2 project has already stated that there will be more customization. Tough luck.

More customization ≠ PSU clothes, FYI.

-Wayu

Alisha
Jul 17, 2011, 10:55 PM
well like i said i like the defaults ive seen so its a non issue for me now.

out of curiosity do we know if alfa system is working on this game? i really like what they did with psp2 psz and the tales of the world games.

Wayu
Jul 17, 2011, 10:58 PM
It's just a heads-up since people seem to conveniently forget that fact a lot.

-Wayu

Ishia
Jul 17, 2011, 11:04 PM
But its Japan so the skimpy bikinis will be prevalent plus MORE!

•Col•
Jul 17, 2011, 11:17 PM
well like i said i like the defaults ive seen so its a non issue for me now.

out of curiosity do we know if alfa system is working on this game? i really like what they did with psp2 psz and the tales of the world games.

Wat.

Sega had no part in any 'Tales of' game ever. :l

Alisha
Jul 17, 2011, 11:23 PM
Wat.

ALFA SYSTEM

blace
Jul 17, 2011, 11:24 PM
Wat.

But Alfa System has. They did work on part of PSP2/i and they did develop the battle system in the 'Tales of' games.

•Col•
Jul 17, 2011, 11:42 PM
But Alfa System has. They did work on part of PSP2/i and they did develop the battle system in the 'Tales of' games.

Oh, I completely misunderstood what he was saying. I thought he typo'd and meant the Alpha system for PSO2. >.>

Zyrusticae
Jul 18, 2011, 12:12 AM
I really like the improved textures and fixed shadows.

This game is gonna look ace in its finished form.

BIG OLAF
Jul 18, 2011, 12:39 AM
People will want to stay in one outfit for the entirety of their PSO2 career? Damn, I couldn't do that if I tried. Hell, I couldn't do it even if someone dangled a check for ten thousand dollars in my face. I change outfits on PSU at least 5 times a day. At least.

Well, whatever floats their boat. I've really lost all interest in talking about the whole clothing ordeal.

ARASHIKAGE
Jul 18, 2011, 01:17 AM
@Alisha and all the PSO fans then: Dragon Sakai or some other person working on the PSO2 project has already stated that there will be more customization. Tough luck.

More customization ≠ PSU clothes, FYI.

-Wayu

More customization could mean a handful of new costumes and accessories if were are truly treating this as a PSO sequel. If Sakai is referring to more customization than PSU had, then yeah maybe we will all be running around in furies/bikinis and worse...

RenzokukenZ
Jul 18, 2011, 01:20 AM
Its likely more than PSU's customization.

ARASHIKAGE
Jul 18, 2011, 01:21 AM
People will want to stay in one outfit for the entirety of their PSO2 career? Damn, I couldn't do that if I tried. Hell, I couldn't do it even if someone dangled a check for ten thousand dollars in my face. I change outfits on PSU at least 5 times a day. At least.

Everyone changed their clothes all the time in PSU, trying to fix how stupid we all looked.

BIG OLAF
Jul 18, 2011, 01:24 AM
Everyone changed their clothes all the time in PSU, trying to fix how stupid we all looked.

I never looked stupid. Still don't.

ARASHIKAGE
Jul 18, 2011, 01:54 AM
I honestly would be fine with everyone being uniformed to their respected class. I'ts nice to tell immediately just by looking at someone what class they are. It makes me feel apart of something important, like a squad wearing military issued clothes.

I was happy with my RAmar look in PSO I never changed the color, only changed the hair style once in ten years. Because it looked right my character fit the look of the game and he fit the role that he plays in that game. I changed my look forty-fifty times in PSU, and never found one I was happy with. All that customization and not a single mask! I don't give a shxt about five different pairs of sunglasses that all look funny on my face, give me my damn ninja mask! Only 5% of the clothes in PSU were made to be worn on a male character, they should have just gone all they way and let all of us cross-dress, then we would have more customization. Just because we get a lot of something doesn't make it better.

If you played as a female character in PSU disregard the above statement. They had some fun clothing combinations, much better than Barbie's Dress Me Up Game.

Angelo
Jul 18, 2011, 02:24 AM
Your character design should not be restricted by your class. It's an archaic formula that does not really mesh well with Japanese RPGs and I'm glad PSU did away with it. I'm sure PSO2 will be heading in the right direction.

Things that could be improved from PSU's system are things like making facial accessories/hats/beards separate from face choices and hairstyles. Maybe we could also get some weapon skinning similar to games like Aion and TERA since it always seems like the more powerful weapons get the more they become gaudy, ornate, or bizarre and less 'sci-fi'.

Wayu
Jul 18, 2011, 03:31 AM
More customization could mean a handful of new costumes and accessories if were are truly treating this as a PSO sequel. If Sakai is referring to more customization than PSU had, then yeah maybe we will all be running around in furies/bikinis and worse...

Then you might want to bunker down and buy another game, then. We might not have furries and bikinis but we'll most likely see a lot of PSU influence.

SOZ.

-Wayu

yoshiblue
Jul 18, 2011, 03:36 AM
Best way I can think of to please both crowds is...

-As said before complete with elf kid joke, have town lobbys. Each with a unique look. That way we can wear what we want in the lobbys and hang out and be srsbsn ingame.

-If not beast as playable chars then beast as background and shop keepers and the like.

-Be evil and display some of the uber hard to get weps in the lobbys.

who doesn't want a Fzero like lobby to have chair races in.

Hrith
Jul 18, 2011, 07:54 AM
I want more customisation, but I agree it should be specific to the class, not to the race+gender. I liked that in PSO, you could always tell the class from just one glance, but on the other hand, your character felt less unique because of the few customisation options.

More customization ≠ PSU clothes, FYI.Exactly. Maybe PSO2 will take the best of each game.

Wayu
Jul 18, 2011, 09:11 AM
I'm pretty sure class-specific clothing won't return ala "more customization".

-Wayu

Hrith
Jul 18, 2011, 09:21 AM
I'm not sure I understand what you mean ;s

You mean that the 'PSO2 will have more customisation' statement is incompatible with class-specific outfits? I disagree.

Even if PSO2 allows us to change classes like PSU did, class-specific apparel still makes sense, just like equipment is class-specific.

Wayu
Jul 18, 2011, 09:25 AM
I meant that it's very unlikely that we'll see PSO's clothing customization. Having some outfits that are class specific is fine, but if there only is class specific stuff then I don't think that's more customization.

-Wayu

r00tabaga
Jul 18, 2011, 09:54 AM
Back on topic. OK, how about them rappies?!?!

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 18, 2011, 10:48 AM
Back on topic. OK, how about them rappies?!?!

They are happy and epic rappies!
The best ones I have seen so far! :3

r00tabaga
Jul 18, 2011, 11:21 AM
They are happy and epic rappies!
The best ones I have seen so far! :3

Yes they are very adorable......I can't wait to shoot 'em!

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 18, 2011, 11:26 AM
Fried chicken fer dinner?

NoiseHERO
Jul 18, 2011, 01:10 PM
D'HOHO

I'm sure glad PSOW isn't making PSO2.

GCoffee
Jul 18, 2011, 01:33 PM
D'HOHO

Yeah, you would totally ruin the other members work. :p

I am with Hrith when it comes to class-specific outfits and them staying even with the ability to change classes. If they included the classic PSO outfits as a little extra then I would be just the happier. Sorry new Ramarl. ^^;
However, I am torn when it comes to seperating into armor during missions and casual wear when in lobby or room. I wouldnt want another panty debacle, atmosphere destroyer³. Whether I like this or not would depend on the execution I guess.

NoiseHERO
Jul 18, 2011, 01:39 PM
Don't drag me down to your level!

•Col•
Jul 18, 2011, 02:18 PM
I meant that it's very unlikely that we'll see PSO's clothing customization. Having some outfits that are class specific is fine, but if there only is class specific stuff then I don't think that's more customization.

-Wayu

There could easily be more customization with class specific clothing.

Firsly, have more options for the physical features of your character. Then as for clothing...

Each class could have several unique "main" torso and pants clothing that you get to choose. Then also make universal clothing options to choose for arms, shoulderpads, elbowpads, gloves, thighs, kneepads, boots, hats, facial wear(glasses/masks), and then a couple options for the back of the clothing like those ribbons we keep on seeing and such. Then let us choose the color for every part of clothing...

Then they could also have lounging clothes that you get to choose(which can only worn in the lobby) or whatever like many people have suggested before.

And there ya go. Mostly class specific clothing with "more customization" than PSU.

RemiusTA
Jul 18, 2011, 02:19 PM

qft

</thread

Biolizard13
Jul 18, 2011, 03:05 PM
FOmars are in?
<3
Shenaigan MK 2.

I'm liking the FOmar design, glad they kept the hats! :D

Wayu
Jul 18, 2011, 04:14 PM
@Col: You could apply that to literally anything, then. You could have more "belly button customization" lol, and call that "more customization.

I'm fairly sure Sakai meant it on the whole.

-Wayu

r00tabaga
Jul 18, 2011, 04:47 PM
@Col: You could apply that to literally anything, then. You could have more "belly button customization" lol, and call that "more customization.

-Wayu

The only thing we know for sure is that nobody here knows what Sakai has planned for customization. Fairly sure still equals "no idea".

NoiseHERO
Jul 18, 2011, 05:12 PM
I thought he planned MORE customization... LOL...

Reksanden
Jul 18, 2011, 05:16 PM
Eh, all I wanna see is weapons.

•Col•
Jul 18, 2011, 06:07 PM

-Wayu

Huh? We don't know what was meant by it at all. I dunno why you're automatically assuming that "more customization"=more clothing options.

I took it to mean that you got to customize your characters special moves(kinda like PAs but waaaay more expanded) and such. But even if the customization was referring to clothing, what I just posted is FAR MORE customization than what PSU had.

People need to let go. Either way, I don't care about the clothing. I was fine with PSU's clothing options, and I'd be fine if they went with a militaristic look for PSO.

Ishia
Jul 18, 2011, 06:16 PM
Anyone who thinks less customization is good is dumb. End of story. Don't respond back.

Zyrusticae
Jul 18, 2011, 06:30 PM
Anyone who thinks less customization is good is dumb. End of story. Don't respond back.
QFT&E.

There is absolutely nothing to be gained from discussing this. Why does it even need to be discussed in the first place?

RemiusTA
Jul 18, 2011, 06:38 PM
Because you guys are HILARIOUS that's why

BIG OLAF
Jul 18, 2011, 06:40 PM
Because you guys are HILARIOUS that's why

You've posted your fair share of goofy, baseless banter, you know. So have I. No one is innocent at this point, really.

RemiusTA
Jul 18, 2011, 06:43 PM
Yeah, and when i look back on it, i realize how retarded it sounds.

Of course, it's fun to share opinions and argue pointless opinions with idiots, and sometimes one cannot help himself.

BIG OLAF
Jul 18, 2011, 06:46 PM
Yeah, and when i look back on it, i realize how retarded it sounds.

Of course, it's fun to share opinions and argue pointless opinions with idiots, and sometimes one cannot help himself.

There's no such thing as a pointless opinion, though. Different doesn't mean "pointless." Just, well...different.

RemiusTA
Jul 18, 2011, 06:50 PM
Opinions are pointless when they are completely personal yet in combat with one another. You will never hear an argument against a Sonic and Mario fan (Or a PSO/PSU fan) that will end in a definitive conclusion. The only possible conclusion would be a conclusion out of numbers.

I completely respect other peoples opinions unless they've been based on false "facts" or things that aren't true. Illogical opinions also weigh in bad with me (which i encounter here alot), but i tend to let those slide because alot of things like opinions or preferences are illogical in nature anyway. Like love!

BIG OLAF
Jul 18, 2011, 06:53 PM
Opinions are pointless when they are completely personal yet in combat with one another. You will never hear an argument against a Sonic and Mario fan (Or a PSO/PSU fan) that will end in a definitive conclusion. The only possible conclusion would be a conclusion out of numbers.

Yes, 99.9% of the time, these little "debates" people tend to have around here just end up coming full circle, and they go with the whole "agree to disagree" conclusion. Which makes the 2-3 pages of rage pointless.

RemiusTA
Jul 18, 2011, 06:57 PM
Look, most of the 2-3 pages of rage usually have absolutely NOTHING to do with the argument and everything to do with the other person not wanting to admit to being wrong or looking "not as smart" as the other person.

At least, it HAS to be that way sometimes around here. Some arguments just should not last as long as they do, man. We'll start on "3-hit combo" and end up somewhere around "PSU is better"

NoiseHERO
Jul 18, 2011, 07:33 PM
I think the bigger problem is not how sad most of these arguments are...

But that they happen 3 times a day.

•Col•
Jul 18, 2011, 08:19 PM

Uh... Was this directed to me? o.o Because I never said less customization is good...

RemiusTA
Jul 18, 2011, 09:12 PM
I think the bigger problem is not how sad most of these arguments are...

But that they happen 3 times a day.

They just go in such funny directions. I almost forgot the argument that was about.....what, clothing? And through a turn of funny events we ended up talking about fucking quantum physics.

It's just funny, man.

Ishia
Jul 18, 2011, 09:56 PM
Uh... Was this directed to me? o.o Because I never said less customization is good...

Nope.