PDA

View Full Version : OMG! The new Harry Potter film!!!

Pirrip
Jul 18, 2011, 03:20 PM
OMG! I just saw the new Harry Potter movie last night! No wonder it outsold the Dark Knight! It totally made my most disburbing fandom dreams come true. I was blown away, really. The acting was really very naturally untoward. The ending was absolutely quotidian if not execrable! And that scene with Voldemort and Snape was so benighted, despite the books. Even though we know Daniel Radcliffe is older now, he is still atavisticly insensate in his role in this movie just as he was with the others . Am I just a nerd or did anyone else think this movie was just exiguous? The effects were really meretricious, too!

I'm thinking about how much I'd so wamble sitting through the whole marathon of Harry Potter movies(yes we know they're no where near as good as the books)! Does anyone want to come over to do this with me and my boyfriend someday soon and share some popcorn(internecinely vitiated butter for flavour of course). ^_^

Nitro Vordex
Jul 18, 2011, 03:22 PM
Never.

ARASHIKAGE
Jul 18, 2011, 03:27 PM
Doesn't Harry die at the end? *everyone cries*

Edit: oh sorry[spoiler-box] Harry dies[/spoiler-box]

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 18, 2011, 03:49 PM
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/4852/duringduel.jpg

Boogie Troll
Jul 18, 2011, 03:50 PM
Put down the thesaurus.

Pirrip
Jul 19, 2011, 05:39 PM
What thesaurus? I'm an English major.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Jul 19, 2011, 05:46 PM
you realize a marathon of those movies would take approximately 17 hours not counting 7.2 since its still in theaters? dont get me wrong, i loved most of the movies (and the last one did really exceed my expectations) but i cant imagine sitting still for 17 hours in a row, and it is nowhere as good as batman begins or the dark knight

Pirrip
Jul 19, 2011, 05:56 PM
you realize a marathon of those movies would take approximately 17 hours not counting 7.2 since its still in theaters? dont get me wrong, i loved most of the movies (and the last one did really exceed my expectations) but i cant imagine sitting still for 17 hours in a row, and it is nowhere as good as batman begins or the dark knight

You obviously didn't read my post. XD

Nitro Vordex
Jul 19, 2011, 06:07 PM
Dark Knight better than Harry Potter.

Two completely different movies/series.

Comparing apples to JUSTICE.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Jul 19, 2011, 06:07 PM
@ pirrip oh, sorry, i still dont quite understand what it means then, can you explain clearer?

Nitro Vordex
Jul 19, 2011, 06:34 PM
You obviously didn't read my post. XD
I don't know, it looked like you were suggesting a marathon of Harry Potter with your bf at ur bf haus ^_^

But I'm not an English Major, so I may be wrong.

yoshiblue
Jul 19, 2011, 06:35 PM
Only the joker made the dark knight good.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 19, 2011, 06:37 PM
Only the joker made the dark knight good.And Batman's throat condition.

Pirrip
Jul 19, 2011, 08:50 PM
@Kyrith
I wasn't impressed.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Jul 19, 2011, 09:22 PM
Only the joker made the dark knight good.

what made dark knight good was batman, i dont know why everyone was so worked up about the joker, it was good acting and all, but so was harvey/2 face, i prefer normal joker myself anyways, and about his throat condition, that was a suit add on to muffle his voice

ARASHIKAGE
Jul 19, 2011, 09:59 PM
you realize a marathon of those movies would take approximately 17 hours not counting 7.2 since its still in theaters? don't get me wrong, i loved most of the movies (and the last one did really exceed my expectations) but i cant imagine sitting still for 17 hours in a row, and it is nowhere as good as batman begins or the dark knight
I gotta say I wasn't a big fan of Batman Begins, the story was OK, not nearly as amazing as the Dark Knight. I love ninjas and I still didn't like Batman Begins!

I'll tell you why; one major plot hole that I can't get over. When the bad guys steal the Microwave Emitter and use it to turn all the cities water into vapor. How come we didn't see people die instantly? After all our bodies are over 75% water, everyone's blood would turn to vapor! Are we to believe that this Microwave Emitter has the ability to target only the cities water? I CALL SHENANIGANS!

I just saw Harry Potter last night and it was pretty good. A few people were crying at the end.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 20, 2011, 06:40 AM
This movie series teaching the Queen's English in Hogwartz [sic]?

Oh no, they already came in British'en, probably the Chinese girl too.

I'll tell you why; one major plot hole that I can't get over. When the bad guys steal the Microwave Emitter and use it to turn all the cities water into vapor. How come we didn't see people die instantly? After all our bodies are over 75% water, everyone's blood would turn to vapor! Are we to believe that this Microwave Emitter has the ability to target only the cities water? I CALL SHENANIGANS!

Hooked up to the city main lines first or something?

These guys aren't Dr. Doom over here. Or uh, Comic book movie x movie in Live Action x its a movie man. Wonder how you do in the lacking plot movies like I Am Legend or Cloverfield.

Pirrip
Jul 20, 2011, 08:02 AM

Quite an interesting observation! It's a ridiculous notion considering that scotland, where Hogwarts supposedly is, frequently has a secessionist air about it.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 20, 2011, 08:49 AM
Scottland, where Pilgrim fangirls live. Still don't need to know where that is.

Just trying to make that half point:badjoke which in addition, notes more back to the book readin' linguistics upgradin' or repetition of big word'n that also doesn't make the thesaurus thing work.

Going to guess they didn't make all kinds of crazy money off every one of the movie goers:kids being scribes of the highest degree of Smart Guy: Disney Channel staple before all them blonde witch gurls.

Required words to know before going into a Wizard book? Just tell me if he's a wizard who can shoot fireballs, mom! Mom don't even know, book created by a Britisher lady now rich lady.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 20, 2011, 12:28 PM
That immediately made me think of this:
somewhat violent nature following

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7liwrBcKTyY

ARASHIKAGE
Jul 20, 2011, 12:42 PM

Hooked up to the city main lines first or something?

Remember the Microwave Emitter was on the train right next to them while manholes were being shot upwards because of all the steam. That thing would have droped everyone dead if it could do what they were claiming it could.

And don't give me that; "oh it's a fantasy movie so anything can happen" BS, it's sloppy story writing. The audience has to experience some realism, or we start to loose interest in the drama, and the "real" danger the hero is in. Otherwise it's just a bunch of crap stuck together like Star Wars 1,2,3.

yoshiblue
Jul 20, 2011, 03:33 PM
Love the ships and the armor. Shame it kinda seems useless when everything get destroy with ease.