PDA

View Full Version : Trick to open gate in the Central Control Area?

RedYoshi
Mar 16, 2003, 06:38 PM
I have done it once, and only once.. How do you open the gate without pushing all the switches? I can't remember how I did it before.

Raist
Mar 16, 2003, 07:29 PM
I believe the trick is beating the 3 sub-stages offline (hitting all 3 switches) and then not going through the gate. Then go online and you wont have to hit the switches. I've never actually tried but thats how i think it was explained.

AzureBlaze
Mar 17, 2003, 12:02 AM
I was never clear on the exact method of opening it either.

Although I've heard several ways to do it, I've not pulled it off yet.

1. If you go offline and press all the switches, talk to ALL the "Elly Disks" and then beat the Gryphon in under 15 minutes it will stay open.

2. If you open the CCA, then go up to the gryphon, but don't defeat it, then quit the game and go online, it will stay open.

3. If you do it online, and get to CCA, then stay on and make a game from another lobby, it will still be open.

4. And your version, where if you never cross the gate after opening it, it stays open.

Some of them seem a little absurd, not to mention difficult, so I was reluctant to try it.
However...all of these methods are supposed to reset (like you gotta go press all buttons again) if you play offline at all. Has anyone done this so that it really works? I think the gryphon battle is a cool fight, but I don't always want to have to go through every other annoying area just to get to it. (Darn Gibbles)

RubyEclipse
Mar 17, 2003, 12:10 AM
Well let's see now...

Method #1: WRONG
Method #2: WRONG
Method #3: WRONG
Method #4: WRONG

Those ideas are absurd so don't waste your time..

RubyEclipse
Mar 17, 2003, 12:14 AM
Sorry- I won't tell you how but if you ever want to, I'll use the trick in ult for the griffon! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I found a Gal Gryphon's Wing the 9th time I tried it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

CorneliusPower
Mar 17, 2003, 12:33 AM
Well go through Jungle, Mountain, then Seaside, hit all switches, then go through Central Control, enter Gal Gryphon, dont kill Gal Gryphon instead quit in th middle of the battle. Of Course all is done offline. Then when you go on-line the doors will drop. Too many have confirmed this method.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Mar 17, 2003, 01:29 AM
I beat CCA offline ultimate and talked to everyone in the lab after winning. I didn't use any telepipes and didn't die in the area.

I just went online and got killed vs the griffon. However, the door still opens for me!

Driadyte
Mar 17, 2003, 01:44 AM
On 2003-03-16 21:33, CorneliusPower wrote:
Well go through Jungle, Mountain, then Seaside, hit all switches, then go through Central Control, enter Gal Gryphon, dont kill Gal Gryphon instead quit in th middle of the battle. Of Course all is done offline. Then when you go on-line the doors will drop. Too many have confirmed this method.

Is that a one time thing, or does it work all the time, or until you beat it offline?

<guy in milk suit>What, do you hit the stop button, do they got a stop button, or do you just stop walking?