PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Edward@SEGA

Pages : [1] 2

EdwardAges
Jul 19, 2011, 05:01 PM
Hello, wayward GUARDIANS!

This is Edward@SEGA. I really just wanted to drop in here because I know how long it has been, and I know a lot of you are both curious and concerned about the state of the game and even the PSU website -- and if you're part of the SEGA official forums, curious about what's going on there.

First, my real and sincere apologies that it's been so long. I'm sorry I don't have official news to deliver on the forums or site except that I know they're working to get both back online as soon as possible. This wasn't just an issue of pulling things down, dusting off a few things, and putting them back up. Everyone wants to make sure that we don't have security issues that cause serious problems for all concerned later down the road, and the delay comes from wanting to take the necessary steps to protect those things. I'm not in a position to talk about it further but I hope that helps reassure some of you as to what we're doing.

Mostly I wanted to come here to remind everyone: Yes, we still care, and still think of you all :) And we will be back as soon as we are able, and none of this forums/website downtime will affect our ability or plans to support the game.

I hope everyone playing PSU enjoyed the Great Arms Race event, and I hope you've all enjoyed the PSO2 screenshots which have shown up here (I know I have). :)

When we're back online we'll be able to talk more about everything going on in-game and out. Wonderful site though this is (truly), it isn't an official SEGA site and I can't really set up ad-hoc support or anything through here. If I'm able to answer anything pressing I will but for most issues please wait til we're back on the official SEGA boards.

Thanks for being so patient while all of this is worked on. I look forward to seeing you all again on the SEGA boards as soon as they have returned!

TeeZy
Jul 19, 2011, 05:09 PM
The real Edward :o?

Noc Codez
Jul 19, 2011, 05:10 PM
Hello Edward

As we all know its not your fault that the game lacks support from SOJ but what's up with all the new weapons being reskins of old weapons? Many players like myself were looking forward to distant memory being that many new weapons dropped there.. now were getting short changed again from SOJ/SOA... will we get a title update to fix these problems or is PSU doomed to be this way forever?

EdwardAges
Jul 19, 2011, 05:12 PM

'Tis. I suppose I can't prove it though! But I let STH know ahead of time, and STH told Ryna, and hopefully they can verify for you. Until then, you may treat me with skepticism. Beware of fake Kubara-copy Edwards!

TeeZy
Jul 19, 2011, 05:14 PM
'Tis. I suppose I can't prove it though! But I let STH know ahead of time, and STH told Ryna, and hopefully they can verify for you. Until then, you may treat me with skepticism. Beware of fake Kubara-copy Edwards!

Lol, I see, well please answer Noc's question thats something I was wanting to ask as well and probably many others.

Christmas
Jul 19, 2011, 05:16 PM
Ohmy, ohmy.

Powder Keg
Jul 19, 2011, 05:16 PM
Thanks for popping in.

As you probably already read from Codez, the weapon reskins (which I'm assuming is most of that PSP2 weapon skin/data) is probably one of the community's biggest concerns since the forum's downtime, if any information could be cleared up about that.

DeltaViolet+
Jul 19, 2011, 05:24 PM
Edward I miss the JP section and the official forum drama :(!!!!

BIG OLAF
Jul 19, 2011, 05:24 PM
Thanks for popping in.

As you probably already read from Codez, the weapon reskins (which I'm assuming is most of that PSP2 weapon skin/data) is probably one of the community's biggest concerns since the forum's downtime, if any information could be cleared up about that.

Like I said on the FBD forums:

Originally posted by BIG OLAF:

Well, the fact that they not only re-skin the weapons, but entirely rename them as well, worries me. Think about it. If we were to one day actually get Title Update 2nd, SEGA would have named the weapons correctly, and just added the correct skins to them once we got the update.

Giving the weapons a completely different identity tells me that SEGA has no plans on giving us the correct skins, and therefor, has no plans of giving us Title Update 2nd. So, the 360 servers of PSU are most likely just going to get these last few events, and then fade away. At least that's my prediction.

TL;DR: If they were going to give us the correct skins at any time in the future, then they wouldn't have renamed the weapons. Don't get your hopes up for a change in the future, because this looks like how it's going to be, no questions asked. But, like I said, that's my theory/prediction.

TeeZy
Jul 19, 2011, 05:25 PM
Give it a sec please let him post and answer that one question everyone really wants. :s

EdwardAges
Jul 19, 2011, 05:37 PM
Hello Edward

As we all know its not your fault that the game lacks support from SOJ but what's up with all the new weapons being reskins of old weapons? Many players like myself were looking forward to distant memory being that many new weapons dropped there.. now were getting short changed again from SOJ/SOA... will we get a title update to fix these problems or is PSU doomed to be this way forever?

I know this is one of the biggest questions right now. It's also something best addressed on our official forums, when they return. Let me say what I can though.

1) First, when you say "lacks support" ... you're entitled to your opinion, of course. I would say if you would like to engage in actual discussion with me here -- where I'm just a lowly user but still a representative of SEGA -- please let's not get into the "they hate us / they don't care" mode. It isn't true and it isn't productive :( That doesn't mean things can't be done better or that there have been no mistakes -- quite the contrary -- but there's a lot of people who are working very hard to deliver the best game possible. You may not like everything, but this is an MMO which has done well for 4+ years with regular updates, events, and missions. Let's have some perspective :)

2) Officially, the XB360 version is a different version of the game. It is not meant as a duplicate of the JP version. You can disagree with that but that is the official stance, and so whatever communication you're going to hear from me or us, that's the ultimate message. That means that saying "it was like X there but it's like Y here and therefore it is broken" isn't something we can respond to, officially. They are different versions for a reason, and supplying new artwork to the XB360 is not the same as providing new artwork to the PC version. I know there's a fuzzy line there, some things, yes, it's worth raising the issue for sure. I said this on our forums before they went down and if you are unsure of what is "okay" to bring up ... you can always ask!

3) That said -- while I have to respect and discuss our official SEGA stance, I won't pretend you aren't all familiar with the JP version of the game. Of course you are. And of course our updates generally have followed what theirs were. I know that's the case, and so do you. So as far as that goes, I'm sorry that right now we aren't seeing the artwork you were expecting.

4) The truth is, it was a matter of getting these items or nothing at all. There are not unlimited resources to work on this, and again, XB360 is a unique platform to provide new content to an existing game. I promise we are doing the best we can with what we have, and this is something I did my best to help work out -- rather than cutting content entirely, we tried to find a way to supply us with something comparable. For those of you about to protest "it isn't comparable!", please keep reading :) Otherwise -- please keep in mind that we have only so many people at SEGA, and time is always precious. Some of these people must work on other games; particularly games that are sequels to previous much-loved games for which certain websites are named, if you get my very subtle hint. The point is, we can't always make everything just how you want it but we will do our best to respond to what the game & players need.

5) What I can say is I think there can be some changes made to the items we are seeing. That's not a promise about what will happen but it's my gut feeling and I think it's quite reasonable. If we accept that ours is a distinct version -- and honestly, for this discussion to progress, we have to, or it will be forever stuck at 'yes it is / no it isn't / I hate you I hate you!" -- then we can also discuss ways to improve *our* version. I'm open to that and encourage us to discuss that once we return to our official forums. Just so we are on the same page -- I mean that we can look at how the weapons are balanced, the elements (instead of the surplus of neutral weapons...), the et cetera.

There we are. I hope this works as something of an update from me -- please let's wait to discuss more until we return (honestly I hope it is not much longer, I know they are hurrying to bring us back now).

And, if you doubted it was me, hopefully the length of this post convinced you :)

Edward I miss the JP section and the official forum drama :(!!!!

We *all* miss the drama. I've been issuing bans to people on public transit here, but it just isn't the same.

HyperShot-X-
Jul 19, 2011, 05:42 PM
..why not just leave the official forum down permanently while at it and I'm not even kidding about this, it'd do more good to the game as it's been for over a month now without all the ugly forum dramas, trolls, flaming each others, and accounts getting banned. Over 90% of all forum activities are trash and nothing good ever comes out of it overwhelmed by useless, pointless, nonconstructive negative posts by those posters who only cares about their post number counts.

There is no official forum for JP players to begin with as I heard, why do we even deserve it?

Unless there are some dramatic changes coming such as restricting forum posters to game subscribers only, just leave it dead as is for Fakis' sake.

Powder Keg
Jul 19, 2011, 05:53 PM
2) Officially, the XB360 version is a different version of the game. It is not meant as a duplicate of the JP version. You can disagree with that but that is the official stance, and so whatever communication you're going to hear from me or us, that's the ultimate message. That means that saying "it was like X there but it's like Y here and therefore it is broken" isn't something we can respond to, officially. They are different versions for a reason, and supplying new artwork to the XB360 is not the same as providing new artwork to the PC version. I know there's a fuzzy line there, some things, yes, it's worth raising the issue for sure. I said this on our forums before they went down and if you are unsure of what is "okay" to bring up ... you can always ask!

While I can accept and especially understand this, having all of the new weapons look exactly the same as generic/weaker ones is a big problem, and everyone here can agree that using "different version" in this particular case isn't valid. It's missing data that's I'm sure is going to require an XBL update (which I'm sure would take a ton of time and resources) but we really need to know if that's going to happen. It could mean that practically all of the newer weapons in the game will just be generic, which is a real waste of the time that the staff and everyone spent to actually get them to us to begin with.

DeltaViolet+
Jul 19, 2011, 05:54 PM
We *all* miss the drama. I've been issuing bans to people on public transit here, but it just isn't the same.

Lmao! :P

bloodflowers
Jul 19, 2011, 05:59 PM
If we accept that ours is a distinct version -- and honestly, for this discussion to progress, we have to, or it will be forever stuck at 'yes it is / no it isn't / I hate you I hate you!" -- then we can also discuss ways to improve *our* version. I'm open to that and encourage us to discuss that once we return to our official forums. Just so we are on the same page -- I mean that we can look at how the weapons are balanced, the elements (instead of the surplus of neutral weapons...), the et cetera.

Well there we are, a masterclass in managing expectations, for now I have none.

I think that should be taken to read 'If we accept that Sega has decided to turn the 360 version into a cut-down product', since that is precisely what has happened, and what your post suggests will continue to happen.

I'll probably keep my subscription personally, many won't. At this point it wouldn't surprise me if the PSO2 servers really are global in some way, or if it stays in Japan only. You can only let down a customer base for so long before they turn away.

Oh, and please check your PM, as much as I've lost hope now with regards to content (the PM clothes at least would be nice - I think they were in PSP1 which we appear to have the data for) I still have an intense dislike of scammers and account thieves, there's information there.

Ilikelamp7
Jul 19, 2011, 06:02 PM
You've got to be fucking kidding me if you really think playing the "it isn't the same game" card is going to work at this point.

Fredy+
Jul 19, 2011, 06:02 PM
Edward just one thing. Please let the violent thorn have an element and many fighmasters will be pleased.

TeeZy
Jul 19, 2011, 06:10 PM
You can only let down a customer base for so long before they turn away.

Very true. :(

Ishia
Jul 19, 2011, 06:13 PM
I could care less about the reskinned weapons issue, I just want them to NOT be neutral only. Hunting them would just be pointless. Eduardo, elemental fixes for Nivelhaze, Nivelhaze+, Violent Thorn, and Vergeyz. Gogogo.

TeeZy
Jul 19, 2011, 06:13 PM
For many people who have access to a computer that play this game will look and see these very impressive weapons and hope to get them.

They finally receive the update to get the weapon and it's a ugly copy or just not what everyone expected to see.

Maybe it could be our fault for spoiling ourselves with looking at the other server weapons already but even so, its just disappointing to a lot of people that have looked forward to a certain weapon for such a long period of time.

Idk how I'd react if the Rutsularod looked like a Daullgunrod :rant:

Ishia
Jul 19, 2011, 06:14 PM
Good thing it won't. Rutsularod was added when we got AOTI.

Sinue_v2
Jul 19, 2011, 06:14 PM
Corporate apologetics.

As a wise (and probably fictional) man once said, "It is by the fruit that you shall know the tree". All of the reassurances, placation, and excuses you can offer mean nothing if you can't fix the problem. A history of rollbacks, delayed content, extended downtime during major events, server shutdowns, and dwindling populations - not to mention being unable to fix the Little Wing License issues with PSP2 - have proven that Sega of America simply cannot (or will not) get it's act together.

And by claiming that PSU for the 360 is own separate and independent title under it's own unique management is just hanging yourself with your own rope, because it voluntarily puts the blame directly in your own laps.

BIG OLAF
Jul 19, 2011, 06:15 PM
I remember when they said that the JP and US/EU versions would be right on-par with each other (no "unique" versions) before PSU was released. If I could go back in time, I'd slap my 16-year-old self right in the face for believing that.

TeeZy
Jul 19, 2011, 06:18 PM
Good thing it won't. Rutsularod was added when we got AOTI.

Yea, just saying. lol....would be horrible, so I'm guessing that's how some people feel about Black Requiem etc.

It's easy to not care about a situation if it doesn't effect anything you care about. ^^

Ilikelamp7
Jul 19, 2011, 06:19 PM
Idk how I'd react if the Rutsularod looked like a Daullgunrod :rant:

It's okay man! It will be Xbox 360 Exclusive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

Toothball
Jul 19, 2011, 06:22 PM
If we accept that ours is a distinct version -- and honestly, for this discussion to progress, we have to, or it will be forever stuck at 'yes it is / no it isn't / I hate you I hate you!" -- then we can also discuss ways to improve *our* version. I'm open to that and encourage us to discuss that once we return to our official forums. Just so we are on the same page -- I mean that we can look at how the weapons are balanced, the elements (instead of the surplus of neutral weapons...), the et cetera.

So given the fact that the Xbox version is different, why is this only being made clear now? When it became apparent that the PS2 version couldn't support some of the new features the PC was getting, there were posts informing people that some content would be replaced. People then at least knew what they were getting. On the other hand, we're never informed of any of these things until long after the fact.

DesignZ
Jul 19, 2011, 06:23 PM
How bout we get a list of weapons that will be "unique" to the 360, so by the time we get them the let down won't be to huge.

bloodflowers
Jul 19, 2011, 06:24 PM
I remember when they said that the JP and US/EU versions would be right on-par with each other (no "unique" versions) before PSU was released. If I could go back in time, I'd slap my 16-year-old self right in the face for believing that.

Puts into perspective how much of our lives we spent with (and paid for) this game, switching the official stance to a PSU-lite isn't much in the way of appreciation.

The censoring of opinions we started to see shortly before the forum (well, everything really) went kaput was also a dark tiding.

Ilikelamp7
Jul 19, 2011, 06:25 PM
Letting the community down is their goal obviously. They want us to stop playing, and it is working.

Ishia
Jul 19, 2011, 06:25 PM
How bout we get a list of weapons that will be "unique" to the 360, so by the time we get them the let down won't be to huge.

You don't need a list. Any weapon from PSPo2/Infinity will be reskinned. Everything from PSPo1 and PSZero will not.

Tyreek
Jul 19, 2011, 06:26 PM
PSZero you say?

Ryna
Jul 19, 2011, 06:28 PM

Yes, this is the real Edward.

If anyone wants to offer feedback, suggestions, or questions in this thread, please do so in a respectful manner. If you disagree on a specific matter, be sure to state your reasons for your opinions.

Welcome to the forum Edward!

BIG OLAF
Jul 19, 2011, 06:29 PM
Puts into perspective how much of our lives we spent with (and paid for) this game, switching the official stance to a PSU-lite isn't much in the way of appreciation.

The censoring of opinions we started to see shortly before the forum (well, everything really) went kaput was also a dark tiding.

Well, it's a lesson well-learned, at least. I learned that people/companies can promise you endless seas of rainbows, and then snatch it away at their leisure. Then, they'll use sneaky, under-handed tactics to spin the new policy for as long as they possibly can, with the poor consumers unable to do anything about it.

Makes me wary of playing any subscription-based game now.

TeeZy
Jul 19, 2011, 06:31 PM
Well, it's a lesson well-learned, at least. I learned that people/companies can promise you endless seas of rainbows, and then snatch it away at their leisure. Then, they'll use sneaky, under-handed tactics to spin the new policy for as long as they possibly can, with the poor consumers unable to do anything about it.

Makes me wary of playing any subscription-based game now.

Well of course, its like politics. In the beginning many things are said. In the end you just wind up angry ^^;

bloodflowers
Jul 19, 2011, 06:33 PM

It's actually fairly easy to work much of this one out. Most of the new weapons and clothes were actually ported from the portable games, anything in PSP1 we *appear* to have, anything else? Doesn't look like it, not unless they come up with another content download.

I would point out that the original Great Arms Race weapons were PSP2 content, that's the reason they were replaced with GC ones.

Midori Oku
Jul 19, 2011, 06:34 PM
You don't need a list. Any weapon from PSPo2/Infinity will be reskinned. Everything from PSPo1 and PSZero will not.

PSO items should be ok as well.

Edward, if we are going to keep getting reskins of weapons, could we at least choose the skins? It would be better than nothing. Also the neutral crap needs to stop. While we are at it since we are so unique can we do away with account bound stuff? It is something that should take little effort to fix.

Also I remember you talked about the "future" for Guardians Cash weapons/clothes/items, are we going to hear about them at all, or was the GAR weapons all we will ever get? This game has gone downhill so fast and so many people are quitting. Oh, and one last thing. Are we ever going to get the title system?

IF you guys would at least do away with account binding, it would make things look better in this shitty situation.

DesignZ
Jul 19, 2011, 06:36 PM
It's actually fairly easy to work much of this one out. Most of the new weapons and clothes were actually ported from the portable games, anything in PSP1 we *appear* to have, anything else? Doesn't look like it, not unless they come up with another content download.

I would point out that the original Great Arms Race weapons were PSP2 content, that's the reason they were replaced with GC ones.
I didn't know this, thanks for the information. I'm gonna take a look at the weapons

Noc Codez
Jul 19, 2011, 06:37 PM
And there you have it... were all of a sudden unique after years of following our JP counter part...there's not going to be a title update and were going to continue to get 6* skin weapons..well itls been a blast playing PSU.. back to W.O.W I go.. and maybe PSO2 JP..

TeeZy
Jul 19, 2011, 06:39 PM

Edward, if we are going to keep getting reskins of weapons, could we at least choose the skins? It would be better than nothing. Also the neutral crap needs to stop. While we are at it since we are so unique can we do away with account bound stuff? It is something that should take little effort to fix.

Also I remember you talked about the "future" for Guardians Cash weapons/clothes/items, are we going to hear about them at all, or was the GAR weapons all we will ever get? This game has gone downhill so fast and so many people are quitting. Oh, and one last thing. Are we ever going to get the title system?

Answer this please ----^

And I agree about being able to choose our own reskins, that ugly "liberty cannon" would of been a better Ryusaikanoh.

Keilyn
Jul 19, 2011, 06:39 PM
I am sorry Edwards, but I must make myself clear.

I hate you and any staff at Sega of America in its present form or in its past form.

I was there when every single version of PSO kept getting shut down one after another. I gave you a chance as well as many others in playing PSU. Then those servers were shutdown as well...sorry I won't head to 360 as I am in psujp.

It was the responsibility of Sega of America to do everything possible to make those games successful and maintain them. Not only did they fail in the United States, they had almost no advertisement to the point my gaming friends who most are in Leagues and Divisions playing games cross-genre would think of me as someone making up a story about a "cool game" when I told them about "Newmans and Casts"

Only reason the game has any popularity left in the United States is because Xbox360 lacks Online RPGs that most who feel like playing something and can tolerate it go to the 360 PSU. Its far more conditional than you can imagine...and its a void that it feels for many.

It doesn't change the fact that regardless all the stress and tension that exists between myself and some in PSUJP, that we all share the common ground that we play in JAPAN because you have proven to be a failure. Lets not forget the attitude which exists in the official forums which has your staff cut the head off anyone who says anything they don't like offensive towards SEGA and swept under the rug.

The majority of people who came from the fallen PC/PS2 servers who are happier in psujp as they have gotten used to it all, most have told me when PSO-2 is released they will not touch the non-jpn version if there is a way to subscribe and pay for it.

I do not care if people in this forum try to rip me apart, flame me or toss me apart. Also, please don't try to sell me speeches about marketing and business...I've heard the entire "you must understand speech" a million times. I've ran my own business before and I know how communication works internationally. I also specialized in network programming and OS design in school. Don't think you (or anyone here) can sell me some bogus story on the past.

I open my eyes and I see myself in Japan with many others also from 360 too...Why? Because of the failures of the past and people know it.

Now Im not trying to represent myself as the "Asshole" to spoil your welcome back party. I rather be critical enough to say "I don't like you....not for who you are, but for what we had to go through in order to enjoy a game and continue playing that we love and enjoy."

By WE...I don't mean the people of this forum, as I do not speak for this forum...

But I do speak for many who do not have a voice here or in the official forums, to the point to survive we have had to create a network of people within Steam + MSN + Skype who most would not touch this forum or the official forum even if you paid them.

So yes....point aside,

Welcome Back.

From all of us at Shirai Nation and FACTION, make it known that we have zero respect for anything coming from SEGA OF AMERICA or SEGA OF EUROPE, its staff or people, but we like Sega of Japan itself. Good Day.

Skorn
Jul 19, 2011, 07:02 PM
If the "unique" weapons would come in an element, look unique, or hit an additional target like the weapons we expected. I would have less of a problem with them.

BIG OLAF
Jul 19, 2011, 07:03 PM
I think that the silliest part of all of this is that this news has actually made more people quit. There's no stopping this snowball effect now, no matter how hard they try to spin it.

DesignZ
Jul 19, 2011, 07:08 PM
I think that the silliest part of all of this is that this news has actually made more people quit. There's no stopping this snowball effect now, no matter how hard they try to spin it.
Yup I agree the game is simmering down in people and I don't see it getting any better.

TeeZy
Jul 19, 2011, 07:12 PM
Yup I agree the game is simmering down in people and I don't see it getting any better.

Yes indeed, do you know how hard it is to get rid of something on the market now, just selling majority of items I've made that I was planning to grind and profit from that I have no use for. Ridiculous.

Home Dog
Jul 19, 2011, 07:14 PM
Hm. Everything Edward says makes sense to me. But I could practically careless about the re-skins, as long as it is not my MF weapons. But the neutral weapons is something I really hope get's fixed soon. A lot of people were really angry about 0% weapons and the re-skins and so they gave up. Unfortunately, like 7 of my friends have quit now and I guess it is too late to bring them back, but hopefully that begins to stop.

Not a lot of people may know that I like to help out when it comes to reporting players that scam, machinegun glitch, host boot, ect. All of those things, and more are beginning to get very common. :/ But while the forums and sega pass have been down, I haven't been able to contact you (Edward) at all, and neither has Silver19. So I wonder, is there another way I can contact you? Wether it is through here, email or whatever? I would like to know where to report cheaters. :)

Sinue_v2
Jul 19, 2011, 07:15 PM
Well, look at the bright side Edward. At least this is good job experience for when you go to apply for a PR position at BP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeP6CpUnfc0&feature=related

TheAstarion
Jul 19, 2011, 07:15 PM
Kubara-copy Edwards!

Oh no, An Edwac! Well, I guess it'll have a lot of PP when fully grinded. Probably.

I personally have noticed that over the past year, the updates have been pretty much solid. We haven't had an extended dry spell for quite some time, which is indeed nice. And every recycled event (such as Parum GBR) was followed by unique content (such as the GAR).

From what I understand, Microsoft are more of a limiting factor than SoJ at this point; though you're still valiantly fighting them both on two fronts. SoJ is making money hand over fist with GC content, and doesn't care about our servers; it's more or less a cash cow. Microsoft doesn't want microtransactions that it doesn't get a slice of, and it would be difficult to implement in-game too.

What we really need, for the "separate and unique" argument to work, is something that we can truly call our own. A "time machine" to old, unique and fun event missions that some people may have missed (I missed Firebreak and 1Up, and would dearly love to play the Fourth System again). A fifth rare mission. Side-story missions with unique partner cards, like Vivienne or even Helga.

If importing new models and skins is a difficult issue, then how about using existing ones in new and creative ways? The posters we've had for events could be commemorative room items. Perhaps holding something that looks "suspiciously like" a Bomber Noir as a laser cannon? I appreciate that might sound silly, but I played around with a model swap application for PSO and while most of the results were ridiculously silly, some ended up crazily awesome. Twin Shigga Barecs as pistols? A flipped Durandal Replica as a dagger? Even something super simple like a one-handed Gudda Iggac as a saber. This kind of ingenuity made some interesting fun weapons towards the final days of PSO and it could be something to bear in mind on our servers.

It's easy for us to say "Japan gets this, Japan gets that" but updates are indeed the problem. A huge update like the Supplemental required an unorthodox delete & download of AOTI again. Update 2nd and Update 3rd... I hate to say it, but if they were separate updates with names, I'm sure a good number among us would be happy to pay for things like that. Optional updates, including premium content such as (what would have been) Guardians Cash items and missions, the ability to buy things like Comsorides, and vanity items such as Hairstyle tickets and Body Remodel tickets with ingame funds, from areas inaccessible to players without this content. Sort of like the difference between Vanilla PSU and AOTI.

Oh yeah, and while we're at it... Unique server deserves a unique class, eh? :innocent::innocent::innocent:
At least tell us what "it" would have if it were considered for release! Pleeeease!

Noob Saibot
Jul 19, 2011, 07:24 PM
Unaccount bound the Shijin for a positive unique reaction from the community. Since we can't change elements or percentages, at least let us trade them with other players for a less frustrating experience.

Cleptomaniac
Jul 19, 2011, 07:26 PM
What kind of suggestions are you looking for? You're not going to implement anything we suggest... We want content that you are apparently *unable* to give us. If you're giving reskins, as someone has suggested, why not ask us which weapon we would like to use as the reskin? I'm glad you've finally told us what I've feared this whole time. It's nice to see some honesty.

cheapgunner
Jul 19, 2011, 07:27 PM
I'll overlook any and all shortcomings on your side Edward from the beginning of PSU till now if SoA could do the whole community two small requests:

1. Un-account bound all items like Shijin, Dragon Scale, Demonheart, etc.

2. Increase the droprate on all missions by 400-500% permeanately.

bloodflowers
Jul 19, 2011, 07:38 PM
Unaccount bound the Shijin for a positive unique reaction from the community. Since we can't change elements or percentages, at least let us trade them with other players for a less frustrating experience.

This - without JP features account binding is an unfair and illogical roadblock. I have 6 duplicate Shijins so far.

TeeZy
Jul 19, 2011, 07:49 PM

Yes, think we should just have a poll on account bound items period. More of us with less ranting makes this thread look a lot better.

Noob Saibot
Jul 19, 2011, 07:54 PM
Account bounding should honestly just be taken out altogether. Without the customization options from guardians cash, account bounding has no place on our servers. It just makes the game more frustrating. Lets ease up on the negativity by putting some positive spin on our servers!

TeeZy
Jul 19, 2011, 07:59 PM
Account bounding should honestly just be taken out altogether. Without the customization options from guardians cash, account bounding has no place on our servers. It just makes the game more frustrating. Lets ease up on the negativity by putting some positive spin on our servers!

Yes, rather getting 12% ice shijin ^^.

I 2nd this statement.

Ishia
Jul 19, 2011, 08:01 PM
I've been contemplating quitting PSU for the past several months, but this thread was the final nail in the coffin. Its a bit of a relief, actually.

Cleptomaniac
Jul 19, 2011, 08:08 PM
Why don't you just tell us if we're going to get the regular skins for weapons? Quit beating around the bush!

Noc Codez
Jul 19, 2011, 08:40 PM
Why don't you just tell us if we're going to get the regular skins for weapons? Quit beating around the bush!

He just did.... let the mass quitting commence!

Noblewine
Jul 19, 2011, 08:57 PM
I have a question. What are you planning to do about the massing cheating and piracy issue on Phantasy Star Portable 2 network mode?

Majarra
Jul 19, 2011, 09:05 PM
PSP2 is dead to SoA, Noblewine. I'd be surprised if the English PSP2 servers lasted this whole year.

Noc Codez
Jul 19, 2011, 09:41 PM
Game over man!

Cranberry
Jul 19, 2011, 09:53 PM
Thanks for the updates Edward. I'm looking forward to the return of the official forums - hopefully in the very near future.

boomadatigger
Jul 19, 2011, 09:58 PM
PSP2 is dead to SoA, Noblewine. I'd be surprised if the English PSP2 servers lasted this whole year.

Since when did SoA ever care about PS? If they did care they would have cracked down effectively on all the scams and issues in the game. But they haven't. They can't even handle something as simple as decent customer service (ie ticketing system). Come on that's like the basics of the basics. How can any honorable decent person look themselves in the mirror in the morning and feel good about not being able to do the basics of their job. And not to mention they banned Bloodflowers from the official forums and he was just trying to help them out cause he actually cared about the game.

Every single online version of PS has been rife with problems ranging from scammers to hackers, to lack of updates with hardly a lesson learned from the game that preceded it. PSO2 will, in all likelihood, be no different.

The only way I can see things improving is if someone higher in the corporate chain starts replacing people starting with those who publicly represent Sega. I'll leave it at that.

Zerolimit
Jul 19, 2011, 10:30 PM
First welcome Edward

Now for my two cents.

I joined Jp PSU two days ago we already got an update plus a GBR and a PA boost and tonight we get another update. I dont see why the 360 servers cant move along like that it makes no sense i guess what im tryin to say is that I got tired of the nonsense on the US servers and made the switch after hooking up a PS3 controller its a much better game. Now can someone tell me why i spent 2 years on a server thats not worth my $10 a month

boomadatigger
Jul 19, 2011, 10:42 PM
First welcome Edward

Now for my two cents.

I joined Jp PSU two days ago we already got an update plus a GBR and a PA boost and tonight we get another update. I dont see why the 360 servers cant move along like that it makes no sense i guess what im tryin to say is that I got tired of the nonsense on the US servers and made the switch after hooking up a PS3 controller its a much better game. Now can someone tell me why i spent 2 years on a server thats not worth my $10 a month

Play DCUO. It hardly has any of the issues PSU does.

WiZ1988
Jul 19, 2011, 10:44 PM
Damn. I made the right choice by going to the JP server. It's like night and day. It's pathetic. I would recommend the JP server.

Xaeris
Jul 19, 2011, 11:01 PM
This really kicks my optimism for PSO2 in the 'nads something fierce.

.Jack
Jul 19, 2011, 11:19 PM

Sorry for quoting this again but if it is possible to change something on our unique servers, this should be something on top of the list. Spending all that time hunting scales and getting the same element and it's worse.:-( Such a waste of time. Please do something about that.

Noc Codez
Jul 19, 2011, 11:24 PM
Sorry.. they don't care..if they did care wewould get the same content as JP.. at this point players in our servers are lucky if they get anything at all...

ARASHIKAGE
Jul 19, 2011, 11:38 PM
'Tis. I suppose I can't prove it though! But I let STH know ahead of time, and STH told Ryna, and hopefully they can verify for you. Until then, you may treat me with skepticism. Beware of fake Kubara-copy Edwards! "I'm the real Edward@SEGA."
(Anyone remember those Tiger Woods commercials?)

Welcome Edward!

Kizer497
Jul 19, 2011, 11:57 PM
If the re skinning process is a problem, then why didn't they just come up with new looks? Sega of America could had a art contest like the jp side did with there Weapons and stuff and we could of had some weapons that the jp side don't have. I don't know about you guys, but I prefer different looking weapons; not a piece of crap. honestly I just might stop playing this version and just play portable 2 more often. I like phantasy star its just seem like there really trying to solve the problem. We all have to agree that Mr. Edward can only do so much.

Powder Keg
Jul 20, 2011, 12:10 AM
Sorry for quoting this again but if it is possible to change something on our unique servers, this should be something on top of the list. Spending all that time hunting scales and getting the same element and it's worse.:-( Such a waste of time. Please do something about that.

It won't happen, and it's proof that the "unique server" talk is total BS. If it were truly unique then we'd be able to have account binding removed on these things.

Hell, now it's obvious that we were pretty much forced into getting GC items for the Arms Race because the original weapons aren't even in our data.

I now have no desire to play this. I was looking forward to all of these new weapons and over half of them aren't even fucking new on our server. Waste.

Noc Codez
Jul 20, 2011, 12:19 AM
Good to see that players are taking a stand.. don't give them anymore of your hard earned money..

Kizer497
Jul 20, 2011, 12:36 AM
Good to see that players are taking a stand.. don't give them anymore of your hard earned money..
rite about that dude. I really thought we was going to get all that stuff. But hey they might surprise us who knows.

TeeZy
Jul 20, 2011, 12:47 AM
Stick to the questions, so much bs on thread nothing else will be answered...such as removing account bound on our "unique" servers.

& being able to pick our own reskins if it will be reskinned.

gordon/alpha999
Jul 20, 2011, 12:52 AM
Stick to the questions, so much bs on thread nothing else will be answered...such as removing account bound on our "unique" servers.

& being able to pick our own reskins if it will be reskinned.

My primary questions so far:

1. Any new news on GC and thew remainder of the content?
2.Will the reskins be fixed any time soon?

*Godly*
Jul 20, 2011, 01:18 AM
im so disappointed in sega and sonic team for letting it get this bad , i have supported ps sice the pso days but never have i seen this kind of neglect from them sega i hope you dont fail us in the future with pso2 i quit psu 5/ 7/09 - 7/19/11

THLPSC
Jul 20, 2011, 01:24 AM
My primary questions so far:

1. Any new news on GC and thew remainder of the content?
2.Will the reskins be fixed any time soon?

Its like you didn't read anything that he posted.
There is going to be no "fix" to the reskinned weapons because they are not broken they are how Sega wants them to be.

Kizer497
Jul 20, 2011, 01:52 AM
I say they should do an art contest type deal for our weapons since they say there is no guarantee we will get the original skins.

Africa
Jul 20, 2011, 02:16 AM
they aren't gonna give us any "new skins" because they can't.In essence we got the ps2 end of the stick.I wonder if we'll get the second update at all and if so they could give us a list of discrepancies and not call it "unique" when it's either a lack of effort or laziness on sega's part.Just remember we got the supplemental well after jp did so it's not like this was an unforeseen occurrence let's just hope it's not a reoccurring one.

Mike
Jul 20, 2011, 02:24 AM
I say they should do an art contest type deal for our weapons since they say there is no guarantee we will get the original skins.
I suspect the response to this would be "We need permission from SoJ."

Ishia
Jul 20, 2011, 02:24 AM
I suspect the response to this would be "We need permission from SoJ."

Which basically means, "Nope."

Kizer497
Jul 20, 2011, 02:31 AM
Dam. We need permission to do stuff like that? that sucks very hard! I don't know what we going to do about this situation because at this rate the 360 version will be shut down too.

Kay Jay
Jul 20, 2011, 02:47 AM
The way i see it is Japan has a much bigger user base so there for a much bigger budget than the 360 so with limited funds sega can't do as much on the 360. so could we not be given a choice of what everyone would like to see happen. Say our budget can only afford one of three choices in a given time and we could vote on which one we would want because anything sega do in the game cost them money and they can only spend so much but if we could choice what they spent it on it mite help us and sega.

DPShiro
Jul 20, 2011, 03:22 AM
I agree with what others have already said, take away the stupid account binding on our servers since we will never have access to the Upgrade Device in any way.
This might keep a few players like myself a while longer.

HoneyBadger
Jul 20, 2011, 03:48 AM
Here's most likely the way it breaks down: SoA needs permission from SoJ. SoJ needs permission from the heads, which the heads will deny claiming "there isn't enough funds" which, to be honest, is more than likely not true at all.

DeathDragon2332
Jul 20, 2011, 05:53 AM
Right ik they make plenty off the 360 servers for a fer updates they just don't care at all. What's really annoying is they told everyone that the jp and us versions were gunna be copies or the same game as far as updates and things like that. Which you can see is total bullshit.

HoneyBadger
Jul 20, 2011, 06:14 AM
Right ik they make plenty off the 360 servers for a fer updates they just don't care at all. What's really annoying is they told everyone that the jp and us versions were gunna be copies or the same game as far as updates and things like that. Which you can see is total bullshit.

Yep. A lot of the stuff wouldn't be hard at all to transfer over to the other servers either. It is basically just editing a bit of the code if needed as well as translating the need be parts to English. And interesting, my other post got deleted haha.

bloodflowers
Jul 20, 2011, 07:19 AM
When the official forums come back will negativity or anything disagreeable with the Sega line still be met with threats, insults, infractions, bans and warrantless accusations of trolling? I could cite many examples.

That's not an ideal setting for an honest discussion of the problems facing the PSU customer base, there's been more honesty in this thread and more genuine customer opinions than I've seen for a while, from both sides. As such, even if you (Sega) don't like the responses, it's been highly constructive.

Things I have learned from this thread:
1) A majority of forum users don't like the new direction. These are the people who indirectly pay SoA wages.
2) At the top of page 2, what I would class as a 'coming clean' post from Sega.
3) That some people have achieved a form of closure from the above.
4) That some people have limitless optimism, which is not based on false or incomplete information, but an honest assessment of the situation.
5) That the community would like to have conversations on this. Conversations are an exchange of dialogue where both sides actively participate rather than going quiet for days/weeks at a time.

And for the few people who still don't get it - Sega Of America cannot implement actual new content. Even if they were allowed to invest the time in it and wanted to do it, they don't have the skills anyway. SoA is not a development location. Asking SoA to get permission to make changes won't work. The only way we will ever see new graphical assets is by SoJ organising a title update/supplemental download. You'll have a far better chance of getting gameplay changes that are pure server-side tweaks, like losing account binding, or getting rid of fixed elemental (and indeed non elemental) drops.

For my 2p on the list of improvements that might be possible (I'm banned on official for speaking my mind too often, so I'll be excluded from later discussions):
1) Account binding needs to go
2) Increase drop rates significantly - especially for trade materials and boss drops
3) Nothing should ever drop neutral only, it makes them pointless, and if possible previous single element weapons should be able to drop in any element and strength. Hey, we're a unique server now if I understand correctly, let's have something unique and good.
4) Significantly improve customer service response times with regards to tickets. I got two of those phishing sites shut down within 2 days this week and now have a fast line to the relevant support people at the hosting companies if new ones appear. This is something Sega had never managed (or apparently thought) to do even before the hacking saga. We don't want scammers operating for weeks at a time anymore, it creates a whole atmosphere of distrust and negative assumption about other players.

Zos
Jul 20, 2011, 07:38 AM
Figured I should put my thoughts here as well. To anyone expecting Phantasy Star Online 2 to be better than Phantasy Star Universe where we get all the same updates as the japanese do I will crush your dreams now. We have never gotten the same updates/weapons/items as japanese players do from when they put Phantasy Star Online on the Dreamcast. It happened on the Dreamcast, Gamecube, Xbox, and Xbox 360. I'm ok with the official stance that the Xbox 360 version is unique. That means you should be able to turn up the rare drop rate globally guilt free. The group I run with has been running Distant Memory on S3. What do we get for spending our 15 minutes to do a run? A lousy Cubo Mamba and 3 container room decorations. Forget the guardians cash content, shouldnt see any containers on S3 thats crazy. Keep giving your community junk drops like containers on S3 maybe the community should quit.

HoneyBadger
Jul 20, 2011, 07:47 AM
Xbox 360 Server = Kubara Version of JP Server

Nuff said.

The only way we will ever see new graphical assets is by SoJ organising a title update/supplemental download.

In other words, for the people that still might not understand, we most likely will not get something like that. Unfortunately.

Siege
Jul 20, 2011, 08:43 AM
Also how about some pa and class rebalances then too. It would be nice to get some say in what those rebalances would be. Maybe get some more class diversity in the game.

TeeZy
Jul 20, 2011, 10:04 AM
Now all we need to do is wait for Edward to get back online and answer the last few questions we asked.

Powder Keg
Jul 20, 2011, 10:09 AM
Xbox 360 Server = Kubara Version of JP Server

Nuff said.

In other words, for the people that still might not understand, we most likely will not get something like that. Unfortunately.

Not only that, but how many title updates did JP get after the one we're currently missing? You have to think all of those new missions/areas, new PAs....this could get ugly.

Recon Tactical
Jul 20, 2011, 10:13 AM
Let me just say this: I will be pissed beyond reasoning if we don't get Lambda Excalibre, Excalibre, Lambdacalibre, World of Guardians and all the other badass Sabers/Twin Sabers, Knuckles, Double Sabers, Spears, etc. and instead get stupid recycled skins of old weapons.

I'd say don't let me down on this, but I just can't. It's inevitible, but I'll be damned if we do eventually get these (the actual weapons, not the recycled ones, of course!), and I don't care how long we have to wait. I just want my badass PSP2 gear and the PAs, clothes and hairstyles to go with it! :(

If you screw us out of these, then I refuse to touch PSO2 with a 40 ft, or longer, pole.

Noc Codez
Jul 20, 2011, 10:13 AM
Not only that, but how many title updates did JP get after the one we're currently missing? You have to think all of those new missions/areas, new PAs....this could get ugly.

You mean the PSP2 Areas/PAs oh were not getting that Powder... closes we'll ever get it us seeing it on youtube or us joining JP.

Keilyn
Jul 20, 2011, 10:43 AM
When the official forums come back will negativity or anything disagreeable with the Sega line still be met with threats, insults, infractions, bans and warrantless accusations of trolling? I could cite many examples.

That's not an ideal setting for an honest discussion of the problems facing the PSU customer base, there's been more honesty in this thread and more genuine customer opinions than I've seen for a while, from both sides. As such, even if you (Sega) don't like the responses, it's been highly constructive.

Things I have learned from this thread:
1) A majority of forum users don't like the new direction. These are the people who indirectly pay SoA wages.
2) At the top of page 2, what I would class as a 'coming clean' post from Sega.
3) That some people have achieved a form of closure from the above.
4) That some people have limitless optimism, which is not based on false or incomplete information, but an honest assessment of the situation.
5) That the community would like to have conversations on this. Conversations are an exchange of dialogue where both sides actively participate rather than going quiet for days/weeks at a time.

And for the few people who still don't get it - Sega Of America cannot implement actual new content. Even if they were allowed to invest the time in it and wanted to do it, they don't have the skills anyway. SoA is not a development location. Asking SoA to get permission to make changes won't work. The only way we will ever see new graphical assets is by SoJ organising a title update/supplemental download. You'll have a far better chance of getting gameplay changes that are pure server-side tweaks, like losing account binding, or getting rid of fixed elemental (and indeed non elemental) drops.

For my 2p on the list of improvements that might be possible (I'm banned on official for speaking my mind too often, so I'll be excluded from later discussions):
1) Account binding needs to go
2) Increase drop rates significantly - especially for trade materials and boss drops
3) Nothing should ever drop neutral only, it makes them pointless, and if possible previous single element weapons should be able to drop in any element and strength. Hey, we're a unique server now if I understand correctly, let's have something unique and good.
4) Significantly improve customer service response times with regards to tickets. I got two of those phishing sites shut down within 2 days this week and now have a fast line to the relevant support people at the hosting companies if new ones appear. This is something Sega had never managed (or apparently thought) to do even before the hacking saga. We don't want scammers operating for weeks at a time anymore, it creates a whole atmosphere of distrust and negative assumption about other players.

It does not change the fact SoA was responsible for making the game work.

A 360 and PC are so close in game programming that any software package on both platforms can easily ported to the other.

There is a quote I love:

"What you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable...must be the truth"

When all is eliminated you are left with the following:

PC/PS2 version did not have enough players
Xbox360 version had plenty of players.

Porting across platforms (when done right) is actually very easy

...and finally.....

It costs more actually to create updates for the 360 itself than it does for the PC version and the updates are deployed and patched on the 360 version minus the new weapon models. In short, what PC/PS2 players wanted as far as updates go that SEGA could not implement on PC/PS2...for their reasons are being implemented on 360.

At the end of the day we were screwed on PC/PS2 in PSO and PSU. There is no Excuse...^_^

bloodflowers
Jul 20, 2011, 11:48 AM

I know, you must not know me very well ;) Don't mistake what I wrote as a defense of Sega, there is no defending what they've done (again) to their customers.

Cranberry
Jul 20, 2011, 11:55 AM
The number of people quitting is a concern for me. On the PC/PS2 servers a lot of people quit hoping to make a statement to Sega through their pocketbooks. But instead of getting increased updates the server instead was shut down. The tactic really backfired. I’m worried 360 is about to make the same mistake and instead of getting updates the boycotts will just get this server shut down too. I understand the frustration that people have, especially when they desire something so badly and there seems to be no means of obtaining it.

Everyone has their own experiences with this game and this community, and this game means different things to different people. Thus I speak for no one other than myself from my own perspective based on my personal experiences with this game and my life in general.

I think more than anything what has been the hardest for this community to deal with is looking at greener grass. When the players look over the fence into Japan’s yard, they see a beautiful spacious lush green lawn decorated with ornaments and beautiful flowers. When they look back into our yard, they see some normal grass with a humble garden. It really wears on someone when they are always looking over at the greener grass and lusting for it. If the game was exactly as it is now, and Japan had the same content we had right now, I think the community would be a lot more tolerant of it. That said, it is very hard to see the person next to you always getting something better. In one of my college classes they did an experiment related to this, and it had some really interesting results.

The class was being given a free lunch. There were 3 tables. 4 people were seated at the smallest table. About 8 people were seated at the medium table (which is where I happened to be seated) and the remaining 20 were seated at some large picnic bench style tables. The 20 people at the large tables were served tiny salads, water and bread. And that’s it.

The 8 of us at the medium tables received salad, bread, water, soup, and some fruit.

The 4 people at the small table received salad, better fruit, steak, and soda.

Anytime someone started to venture toward another table, the teachers moved them back to their proper table and spoke rather condescending toward them. It got rather hostile pretty quickly, and the 20 people at the large table very nearly came to using their superior numbers to raid the small table and take the much better quality food by force. Especially since the 4 people at the small table had no intention of sharing.

We had been told about this free lunch for months so many people hadn’t eaten yet and those that only had tiny salads were very unhappy. The teachers had done this as a lesson on lower, middle, and upper class. But the principle applies here on PSU very well. People get resentful when they see preferential treatment. If things got this hostile during just 1 free lunch, imagine how it would have been if it happened every day. You’re seeing a lot of that with how upset much of the PSU community is about the current state of affairs and how much content Japan has.

Then you have me, the girl that has a more appreciative nature. I was simply glad that I had been fed. I come from a background where for a time, I was so impoverished that I could not even afford food. I’ll never forget those feelings of starvation I experienced during that difficult time. I just appreciated having what was given – I wasn’t concerned with getting more. That’s just how I am, it’s the nature I have – to appreciate what I have even if others are better off than me. It’s a nature that has followed me into PSU. I don’t stress over the greener grass on the other side of the fence, I am appreciative of the grass that I have. PSU has come to mean more to me than I ever could have imagined, and every day that I am on it, my affinity for it seems to increase. I take a lot of enjoyment out of playing with some very good-natured people that have really opened their arms to accept me in spite of all my quirks, and I still enjoy just roaming around and playing the missions that we have. I am not someone that needs to build up as quickly as possible, thus rather than frequently doing a small number of missions I tend to roam all over the place and keep up a lot of variety. As someone who has been impoverished for most of her life, it is my nature to make the most out of the things I do have rather than to lust for more. You can put the woman in a new environment, but you can’t change her nature, and this is just who I am.

Well, that is my view on things. I’m certainly not bashing on people that are frustrated or even saying that they are wrong to feel that way – I’m just adding my own perspective into the topic and the way I personally view things.

Lucidia
Jul 20, 2011, 11:56 AM
So, just as a quick show of hands, who's going to JP?

serenade
Jul 20, 2011, 12:02 PM
*raises hand*

working on my first character as we speak.

DPShiro
Jul 20, 2011, 12:18 PM

I won't. And after this i probably won't buy another sega title ever again.
The only exception would be if PSO2 came to Xbox/PS3 with a unified server. (yeah right)

DesignZ
Jul 20, 2011, 12:33 PM
Yes, sad to say but when the official forums come up it will be "SoA" only defence to ban and keep the TRUTH tellers off the site. I think a lot of bans will be givin out just because the costumers tired of all the bullshit that we have been through, so pretty much its not going to be pretty when the official forums come up. (not from my side exactly, but the players who have played longer and put more into the game) And in my personal opinion everyone has all rights to start a outbreak.

Nereid
Jul 20, 2011, 12:37 PM
Yes, sad to say but when the official forums come up it will be "SoA" only defence to ban and keep the TRUTH tellers off the site. I think a lot of bans will be givin out just because the costumers tired of all the bullshit that we have been through, so pretty much its not going to be pretty when the official forums come up. (not from my side exactly, but the players who have played longer and put more into the game) And in my personal opinion everyone has all rights to start a outbreak.

Oh you mean same reason they've banned everyone else that has been banned?

bloodflowers
Jul 20, 2011, 01:02 PM

Signed up a few days ago. I'll be switching to 'maintenance mode' most likely on 360, just keeping the GAS topped out.

Tetsaru
Jul 20, 2011, 01:11 PM
Oh look, Edward actually posted on PSOW... this outta be good.

I am not nearly as active in the PSU section of PSOW anymore because 1 - I was temporarily banned for constantly pointing out flaws in the game that, possibly to this day, are still not addressed, and people got tired of hearing me rant, and 2 - I just don't play the game or care much about it anymore. Hell, you guys kicked us PC/PS2 players to the curb anyway, despite the fact that I quit months before that happened due to my dissatisfaction with the non-JP game's status. However, despite all of that, I felt the need to take this golden opportunity to actually talk to a Sega representative who, under these unique circumstances, is actually willing to listen to the game's fans.

I, for one, am glad the official forums are down, because they deserved it - props to whoever brought them down in the first place. Although I was not nearly as active in them as I am here on PSOW, I did read them from time to time, and I did post in the old "What do you want to see in PSU?" and "Why don't you play PSU?" threads, although I'm sure my opinions fell on deaf ears because I know many of my few posts were frequently deleted or edited. It's like you guys were trying to have a China-like ban on any bad criticism or propaganda on your company... but I doubt you'll be nearly as lucky here.

Edward, we, the members of PSOW, have known for years now, that the Japanese version of PSU is, and forever will be, vastly superior to the other versions. And we're beyond furious about it.

1) First, when you say "lacks support" ... you're entitled to your opinion, of course. I would say if you would like to engage in actual discussion with me here -- where I'm just a lowly user but still a representative of SEGA -- please let's not get into the "they hate us / they don't care" mode. It isn't true and it isn't productive :( That doesn't mean things can't be done better or that there have been no mistakes -- quite the contrary -- but there's a lot of people who are working very hard to deliver the best game possible. You may not like everything, but this is an MMO which has done well for 4+ years with regular updates, events, and missions. Let's have some perspective :)

I respectfully have to call total bullshit on this.

For one, PSU is NOT an MMO. It never was, and as long as the different servers and populations are separated, it never effectively will be.

Second, 4 years is nothing to be proud of, especially considering the treatment and lack of quality you've given us. World of Warcraft has been around since 2004, and is still considered by many to be the best MMO currently available. Final Fantasy XI has been around since 2002, and eventually spanned to the exact same consoles as PSU was on... yet all regions and consoles still played together, despite being on different servers. Diablo II - since 2000, when PSO originally came out. Hell, many people here still play PSO in various ways to this day. If you want good MMORPG's (which I'm hoping PSO2 will be), then Sega needs to take a look at some of the various things that made games like these successful for so long.

Third, "regular updates, events, and missions"... many of these were reskins or rehashes of previous content or higher-rank difficulties of existing missions. A lot of the updates just made the game even easier than it already was: extending level caps, weapons with even more ridiculous stats (or more recently, re-used skins), etc. Sure, it may seem like an "update," but it's not necessarily new content; you're just churning out the same old stuff with a new sugar coating in a desperate attempt to keep subscribers playing.

...Wow. You're JUST NOW telling us this??? I really don't know to respond to this without wanting to rage... If they're different for a reason, then what's the reason??? And it better be a damned good one.

Listen - games like PSU are meant to be online. That means being able to play with other people on other consoles and from other regions. Sega effectively fucked this up by segregating everything and having to tend to each partition individually, thus resulting in even more work and more unhappy customers. This also results in dividing up your company's staff, to the point where effective communication is impossible, bringing us to the whole "Sega of America vs. Sega of Japan" affair. I'm not a corporate executive or anything, but I highly doubt a company would be able to run effectively this way. Also, let's not forget about this little gem. (http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/video-games-wholesale-and-manufacturers/sega-of-america-in-san-francisco-ca-63142)

On the other hand, Dragon Sakai has stated (to our current knowledge, anyway) that PSO2 is going to be PC only. I believe this is a very wise decision from an MMORPG design standpoint. I believe you guys at Sega should listen to this guy more often, as well as allow more Phantasy Star fans (and not just the Japanese ones) to provide some input as well. Allowing for a public Alpha test is a great start, just bring it to the other countries.

3) That said -- while I have to respect and discuss our official SEGA stance, I won't pretend you aren't all familiar with the JP version of the game. Of course you are. And of course our updates generally have followed what theirs were. I know that's the case, and so do you. So as far as that goes, I'm sorry that right now we aren't seeing the artwork you were expecting.

Again, if PSU's community wasn't so split up, we wouldn't be having this problem... or perhaps most of the other ones, for that matter.

4) The truth is, it was a matter of getting these items or nothing at all. There are not unlimited resources to work on this, and again, XB360 is a unique platform to provide new content to an existing game. I promise we are doing the best we can with what we have, and this is something I did my best to help work out -- rather than cutting content entirely, we tried to find a way to supply us with something comparable. For those of you about to protest "it isn't comparable!", please keep reading :) Otherwise -- please keep in mind that we have only so many people at SEGA, and time is always precious. Some of these people must work on other games; particularly games that are sequels to previous much-loved games for which certain websites are named, if you get my very subtle hint. The point is, we can't always make everything just how you want it but we will do our best to respond to what the game & players need.

If that's the case, then in my opinion, you shouldn't have released them at all, especially considering the general lack of weapon diversity compared to PSO. Most of PSU's items only involve stat-stacking (this weapon has bigger numbers than this one, so it's clearly better); other than that, it's just aesthetics. By removing the aesthetics portion, you're only causing more people to get disappointed. Yet again, unifying the servers would've allowed everyone to see the same weapon images when they were released, as well as allow for faster feedback had they been incorrectly implemented... which, by the way reminds me - there's no way to submit a request to a GM from in-game whenever there's a problem. Fix that.

5) What I can say is I think there can be some changes made to the items we are seeing. That's not a promise about what will happen but it's my gut feeling and I think it's quite reasonable. If we accept that ours is a distinct version -- and honestly, for this discussion to progress, we have to, or it will be forever stuck at 'yes it is / no it isn't / I hate you I hate you!" -- then we can also discuss ways to improve *our* version. I'm open to that and encourage us to discuss that once we return to our official forums. Just so we are on the same page -- I mean that we can look at how the weapons are balanced, the elements (instead of the surplus of neutral weapons...), the et cetera.

Well, now that you've finally spilled the beans, I believe most people on 360 PSU are either going to use this as a point to quit, or join Japan's servers. However, I'm glad that someone from Sega has actually stepped forward to provide some insight. You people need to do that more often, as it helps establish a better relationship with your customers and fans.

If you guys can find a way to merge everything, or release some ACTUAL NEW CONTENT that doesn't involve reskins or recycling old shit, then do it. Otherwise, you might as well just shut the game down in my opinion, or at least make it free-to-play. I figure a lot of people are going to be looking more towards PSO2 or the PSP games for their entertainment now, if they haven't already...

I am sorry Edwards, but I must make myself clear.

I hate you and any staff at Sega of America in its present form or in its past form.

I was there when every single version of PSO kept getting shut down one after another. I gave you a chance as well as many others in playing PSU. Then those servers were shutdown as well...sorry I won't head to 360 as I am in psujp.

It was the responsibility of Sega of America to do everything possible to make those games successful and maintain them. Not only did they fail in the United States, they had almost no advertisement to the point my gaming friends who most are in Leagues and Divisions playing games cross-genre would think of me as someone making up a story about a "cool game" when I told them about "Newmans and Casts"

Only reason the game has any popularity left in the United States is because Xbox360 lacks Online RPGs that most who feel like playing something and can tolerate it go to the 360 PSU. Its far more conditional than you can imagine...and its a void that it feels for many.

It doesn't change the fact that regardless all the stress and tension that exists between myself and some in PSUJP, that we all share the common ground that we play in JAPAN because you have proven to be a failure. Lets not forget the attitude which exists in the official forums which has your staff cut the head off anyone who says anything they don't like offensive towards SEGA and swept under the rug.

The majority of people who came from the fallen PC/PS2 servers who are happier in psujp as they have gotten used to it all, most have told me when PSO-2 is released they will not touch the non-jpn version if there is a way to subscribe and pay for it.

I do not care if people in this forum try to rip me apart, flame me or toss me apart. Also, please don't try to sell me speeches about marketing and business...I've heard the entire "you must understand speech" a million times. I've ran my own business before and I know how communication works internationally. I also specialized in network programming and OS design in school. Don't think you (or anyone here) can sell me some bogus story on the past.

I open my eyes and I see myself in Japan with many others also from 360 too...Why? Because of the failures of the past and people know it.

Now Im not trying to represent myself as the "Asshole" to spoil your welcome back party. I rather be critical enough to say "I don't like you....not for who you are, but for what we had to go through in order to enjoy a game and continue playing that we love and enjoy."

By WE...I don't mean the people of this forum, as I do not speak for this forum...

But I do speak for many who do not have a voice here or in the official forums, to the point to survive we have had to create a network of people within Steam + MSN + Skype who most would not touch this forum or the official forum even if you paid them.

So yes....point aside,

Welcome Back.

From all of us at Shirai Nation and FACTION, make it known that we have zero respect for anything coming from SEGA OF AMERICA or SEGA OF EUROPE, its staff or people, but we like Sega of Japan itself. Good Day.

I agree with pretty much everything Keilyn said here. You guys REALLY need to get your act together, or you're just going to end up losing more business.

DesignZ
Jul 20, 2011, 01:17 PM
Oh you mean same reason they've banned everyone else that has been banned?
Yes lol, but what I'm saying is the banning is gonna be on a larger scale. I dont think anyone should get banned for speaking their honest opinion.

Noc Codez
Jul 20, 2011, 01:25 PM
Yes lol, but what I'm saying is the banning is gonna be on a larger scale. I dont think anyone should get banned for speaking their honest opinion.

They banned many people over the years for voicing their opinion on how we are treated.. just ask Bloodflowers.. they banned him for just speaking out. Edward is on a power trip on the official forums. everyone knows this but doesn't dare to speak out.. You say something bad about PSU it gets locked/topic removed and you get an infraction for trolling.. seems you can't speak your mind anymore..

I honestly think Edward is not coming back to this forum.. He thought everyone was going to be happy with his little speech boy was he wrong.. I expect a mass banning on anyone who bad mouths our unique version of PSU when the forums come back.. I say vent here and watch your step on the official forums when they do come back up.. if they come back up that is..

gordon/alpha999
Jul 20, 2011, 01:34 PM
There is going to be no "fix" to the reskinned weapons because they are not broken they are how Sega wants them to be.

Oh really? Well if we keep getting more shitload of reskins they might as well skip that and just send the over items that will not be effected by the "uniqueness". Maybe that will eliminate some of the complainings.

Why are they stalling?

Why do they lie to our face?

Do they even listen to their community and seek out ideas?

Do they care about the games companionships,contents and survival while they collect our money?

Noc Codez
Jul 20, 2011, 01:39 PM
Oh really? Well if we keep getting more shitload of reskins they might as well skip that and just send the over items that will not be effected by the "uniqueness". Maybe that will eliminate some of the complainings.

Why are they stalling? There not stalling,this is how they want our unique game to be.[/B]

Why do they lie to our face? because they want us to continue paying for a half finished product

Do they even listen to their community and seek out ideas? Sadly no they do not.. if we were JP they would listen in a heart beat

Do they care about the games companionships,contents and survival while they collect our money? No it's all about $ to them.. get used to it.

there answered all your questions... time to wise up my friend.

gordon/alpha999
Jul 20, 2011, 01:41 PM
Guest it's inevitable.

cheapgunner
Jul 20, 2011, 01:43 PM
there answered all your questions... time to wise up my friend.

I bet if we had even half the population that jp has, you would be hearing of the 2nd supplemental coming in 2-3 weeks.

I'm just going to wait it out till pso2 comes and then jump ship. Just need to get a list of the specs for the game I'll be square.

Meyfei
Jul 20, 2011, 01:44 PM
I know this is one of the biggest questions right now. It's also something best addressed on our official forums, when they return. Let me say what I can though.

There we are. I hope this works as something of an update from me -- please let's wait to discuss more until we return (honestly I hope it is not much longer, I know they are hurrying to bring us back now).

And, if you doubted it was me, hopefully the length of this post convinced you :)

as my personal opinion, i think it would have been safer to stick with the PC servers. I'm mature enough to admit i dont have any viable proof to what im about to say and that its mainly something i've heard in the past; It seems Xbox has many complications involved in content release, especially on Microsoft's end and it can also be a burden to some Xbox owners with many games, and lack of space for "that special patch" and will have to give something up.

That aside, i do however believe the PC version could have been handled in a much better, and appropriate manner. Although not all homes do, but many house holds have access to a computer, and PSU can be handled on minimum settings fairly well. It would just be a matter of having a free download, transferring characters around, and allowing Xbox accounts, and PS2/PC accounts to be allowed playability on the same server, Just on the PC.

Also just a minor statement about "it's not the same game" PS2, and PC were Mirriored but they were treated the exact same, played the exact same just minor left/right changes. I'm pretty certain aside from any Microsoft difficulties, that PSU-Xbox is infact no different from PSU-Ps2, with the exception of control-buttons and achievements.

Noc Codez
Jul 20, 2011, 01:45 PM
Sadly this is what me and a lot of vets feel.. Edward hinted that most there working on another
"beloved" game.. to me I feel he's talking about PSO2.. But I won't be getting it for US/EU servers because of the way PSO/PSU was treated.. it's only going to repeat itself over and over.. i'll be on JP PSO2 because it's obvious that the focus is on them and not us.

Meyfei
Jul 20, 2011, 02:02 PM
oh right: here's hoping for no PSO2 in North america. I'd rather spend 300$+ learning Japanese and enjoy 4 years of PSO2 Jp, than waste 4 years worth... oh wait no sorry 2 years worth of content in a 4 year span.

Atleast then i'd have learned a second language, productivity and entertainment.

if its in NA, i'll only be interested if it becomes console, if it turns out like PSU? psha good riddence.

Powder Keg
Jul 20, 2011, 02:08 PM
You don't want it on a console. It's evident that console releases severely held this game back.

Things could have been totally different if it was 360 that shut down and PC had the higher population.

Noc Codez
Jul 20, 2011, 02:14 PM
You don't want it on a console. It's evident that console releases severely held this game back.

Things could have been totally different if it was 360 that shut down and PC had the higher population.

This is true.. only way I would buy it for Console is if the servers were global.. seeing that it's M$ were talking about I don't see that happening.. PS3 does have some hope doe. Since there was a ps2/pc server before maybe it can happen again who knows ?

As for the content we are supposed to be getting... here's what it looks like.. this is our doomed future..
http://psu.system11.org/blog/?p=1504
Thanks to Bloodflowers for this.

Kizer497
Jul 20, 2011, 02:19 PM

A 360 and PC are so close in game programming that any software package on both platforms can easily ported to the other.

There is a quote I love:

"What you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable...must be the truth"

When all is eliminated you are left with the following:

PC/PS2 version did not have enough players
Xbox360 version had plenty of players.

Porting across platforms (when done right) is actually very easy

...and finally.....

It costs more actually to create updates for the 360 itself than it does for the PC version and the updates are deployed and patched on the 360 version minus the new weapon models. In short, what PC/PS2 players wanted as far as updates go that SEGA could not implement on PC/PS2...for their reasons are being implemented on 360.

At the end of the day we were screwed on PC/PS2 in PSO and PSU. There is no Excuse...^_^
Your actually right! from what most people said The 360 is like a dam computer so what the hell, and not to mention they are just skins so it shouldn't be too hard.

Noc Codez
Jul 20, 2011, 02:22 PM
Your actually right! from what most people said The 360 is like a dam computer so what the hell, and not to mention they are just skins so it shouldn't be too hard.

Oh it's Hard for SOA.. seems all you need is a high school degree to work there..lol

sage 69er
Jul 20, 2011, 02:47 PM
ok i know we are restricted on the 360 due to microsoft not allowing GC. I understand it, But as someone who originally played on the pc first I will say we were let down. The slow release of updates whilst or fellow players in japan where getting updates at a more regular pace caused alot to be disillusioned and leave. Resulting in an fall in numbers and an eventual shutdown of the pc server.
We were and are 2 years behind but to say its because our version is unique. Please is that a way of saying we're getting old weapons polished up with new stats and new names. Compared to the jp servers we are the poor relations. Just look at the variety of weapons etc available to them and weapon skins. I can understand that the server is restricted the lag proves that( never an issue on pc like it is here)
I appreciate the recent updates we've had and hope there is more to come. But please be honest and say its not able to be done due to server xbox or whatever restriction. Unique is what the japanese are as many of us look longingly at their game. Whilst wishing we could have the same.
I love the game still and enjoy playing it still. If i'm whinning i'm sorry

Meyfei
Jul 20, 2011, 02:54 PM
Oh it's Hard for SOA.. seems all you need is a high school degree to work there..lol

lol i guess im qualified!

Offtopic:
i've always wondered who was worse nexon of America, or Sega of America, sadly i think it's a tie of infinite downfalls, there is so much room for improvement, but they just seem to keep making their companies even worse as the years go by.

kinda on topic:
Sega failed with the Genesis, dreamcast, and other systems did they not? If they cant handle those why even bother hosting MMO's. Heck they couldnt maintain PSO, How freaking hard is it to add your own models to a game, when you own all the current content! Creativity is what online games are about, not spam models and hope no one notices.

bloodflowers
Jul 20, 2011, 03:00 PM

On the flipside, it's evident that Sonic Teams inability to secure the game on the PC platform destroyed the PC/PS2 version.

You forget that even when title updates were not required and they were just unlocking things, the schedule was still slipping, all the time. I call BS on the console/Microsoft excuse based on all the games that get map packs/etc with no problem and no whining from the producers.

sage 69er
Jul 20, 2011, 03:05 PM
You forget that even when title updates were not required and they were just unlocking things, the schedule was still slipping, all the time. I call BS on the console/Microsoft excuse based on all the games that get map packs/etc with no problem and no whining from the producers.

shhhh not to loud sega might pull its head out of the sand

Un4givingSlayer
Jul 20, 2011, 03:27 PM

IF you guys would at least do away with account binding, it would make things look better in this shitty situation.
^This. I totally agree...

Like in the case of the Cyclone and Twin Cyclone, they looked like the Vipric and Hyper Vipric, respectively, they would of been much more desirable to me. Also, if instead of the "Ruby" sound effect, they sounded like the B'duki Boa and Arb boa.

On the flipside, it's evident that Sonic Teams inability to secure the game on the PC platform destroyed the PC/PS2 version.

QFT! I was about to post that myself, until I finally saw u post it.

PSW4L
Jul 20, 2011, 03:34 PM
I'm not sure I understand. Does this mean we will never get any new weapons ever again? By "new" I don't mean the re-skin thing. What about clothes and hair?

Ishia
Jul 20, 2011, 03:37 PM
I'm not sure I understand. Does this mean we will never get any new weapons ever again? By "new" I don't mean the re-skin thing. What about clothes and hair?

Aside from the PM-clothing, most likely not.

boomadatigger
Jul 20, 2011, 03:42 PM
Something tells me Edward's little "speech", so to speak, is an early indication that the 360 servers may be closing this year.

sage 69er
Jul 20, 2011, 03:58 PM
Something tells me Edward's little "speech", so to speak, is an early indication that the 360 servers may be closing this year.

Think its more trying to flog a dead horse to us.

MoonlightMyau
Jul 20, 2011, 04:06 PM

I was thinking that perhaps this is what they're building up to. I do not personally blame Edward, but the excuses are ridiculous. How hard can it be to release an item pack/update? Since when was it a "different version"of the game?

I am quite literally lost for words.

Ilikelamp7
Jul 20, 2011, 04:11 PM

The sooner the better.

Meyfei
Jul 20, 2011, 04:21 PM
I was thinking that perhaps this is what they're building up to. I do not personally blame Edward, but the excuses are ridiculous. How hard can it be to release an item pack/update? Since when was it a "different version"of the game?

i can think of 3 that ends in sega :wacko:

boomadatigger
Jul 20, 2011, 04:31 PM

I wonder if you can file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission for false advertising or attacking their customer base like I've seen them do on the official forums. Weren't we sold on the promise of getting the same updates (timely manner not withstanding) as the JP server? Also whenever the issue of updates were brought up in the past Sega (specifically Edward) always sold it to us as though both versions were the same version, only the US would be behind but would catch up eventually. You see, Edward's real job is just to dangle that carrot in front of the children. He lied and twisted the truth to keep milking players for their money. I would know since my old job required me to take a class in PSS (professional selling skills) as well as yearly refresher classes. Now Edward just comes out with the truth knowing full well it'll piss people off. Why would he stop dangling the carrot now? Because maybe the PSU 360 servers are going to close really soon.

Sega ain't really bitching about getting hacked, because in the back of their minds they knew it was more than likely due to them continually pissing people off.

Gracie Luv
Jul 20, 2011, 04:34 PM
First of all, I would ask of PSU players not to let the current situation make you hate. It’s not good for the soul.

Second, I’d like to touch on the subject of banning because I’ve heard a lot about it recently. The reason people are banned is because they broach subjects that others do not wish to deal with. It’s also used as a scare tactic to other posters to tone down their comments and accept the information given to them. Acceptance ~ that is what this is all about. PSU on the xbox servers has been put upon the shelf.

As a player, I used to love this game. And it was the only one that I really enjoyed playing with my son and friends. But this game has changed for me, and it’s because of the changes being instituted by Sega. I’ve worked for national and global corporations for the last three decades and the bottom line with any major corporation is revenue. New product keeps a company vitalized. Kids and adults alike head out to midnight releases to get that new game they’ve been waiting months for, early morning lines to snag that new cell phone, etc. etc. New product generates money. Big Money.

And that’s where we are now. Like it or not, SEGA is not going to put manhours into giving us what we want. All their time and effort are for their new projects, new games. They don’t care about what weapon you’ve been looking forward to for so long, they don’t care that you’re bored with the clothes and hairstyles that you have now, it just does not matter to them. And for those of you who are angry and frustrated, don’t take it personally – it’s the corporate agenda. This is a business pure and simple and this is how they operate. In my opinion it’s just a matter of time before the 360 servers disappear. I think if SEGA were interested in keeping this game running, they would be working on it just as hard. And they are not. Of course, if Guardian’s Cash were instituted it might be a different story. If they could generate a higher revenue from us, they might be interested in keeping the game running at optimum. But that would be very costly to us, and I can say in all honesty that as a player and parent paying for this game, I am outraged at the thought. I think it horrendous that long time players, as many of us are, would have to pay extra for new weapons and such that our monthly memberships should be paying for anyway. Let’s face it, we’re just money-making machines for them.

There is no ‘unique or distinct’ here. This game is the same game, no matter what server it’s played on. It’s PSU. Content should be the same, never utilizing exclusives. Anything else is just bias.

I really don’t think there’s anyway we can fix this. It would be different if we had a voice within SEGA that would take a stand for us and help us out, but I just don’t see that forthcoming. Where would we find such an individual? very sad indeed All you can do is take a stand for what you believe in ~ and don’t budge.

landman
Jul 20, 2011, 04:39 PM
At the time they released the supplemental update on 360 they could have included both updates (and some content from the third) in the same download, it's obvious they didn't plan on giving this version many more content, in fact, I believe they would be happy to have the servers deserted, this way they would have an excuse and stop updating at all.

Edward, saying they are working on another game, a game that so far is PC exclusive, won't help at all the PSU 360 community, that for the most part, are xbox live players, and a minor (and loudly) part are phantasy star players, but it seems obvious that their money is only a nuisance to sega, just like maintaining this version of the game.

kanyu
Jul 20, 2011, 04:55 PM
the game is still online, no need to apologise. This web site is fine for forums.

MoonlightMyau
Jul 20, 2011, 05:02 PM
I wonder if you can file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission for false advertising. Weren't we sold on the promise of getting the same updates (timely manner not withstanding) as the JP server? Also whenever the issue of updates were brought up in the past Sega (specifically Edward) always sold it to us as though both versions were the same version, only the US would be behind but would catch up eventually. You see, Edward's real job is just to dangle that carrot in front of the children. He lied and twisted the truth to keep milking players for their money. I would know since my old job required me to take a class in PSS (professional selling skills) as well as yearly refresher classes. Now Edward just comes out with the truth knowing full well it'll piss people off. Why would he stop dangling the carrot now? Because maybe the PSU 360 servers are going to close really soon.

Sega ain't really bitching about getting hacked, because in the back of their minds they knew it was more than likely due to them continually pissing people off.

Yes we were, it was always made clear the servers were segregated but not that the game was actually a different version. If I had known this I would have moved to the Japanese PC server years ago, but with the promise of the same stuff, just later I thought it'd be best to simply ride it out.

I can see absolutely no reason, why we can't have the proper items & updates that the Japanese PC version get, we pay our subscription fee after all (I don't suppose it would seem so bad if they dropped the monthly fee).

It''s bad enough that the game is already heavily reliant on "remade"PSO missions and areas, without depriving us of actual new content. This limitation business is absolute bullshit and a complete cop-op.

I also see no reason why this can't run along side PSO2 for as long as 360 allows it, but if they're going to continue in this manner, perhaps it's best to just put it out of it's misery.

i can think of 3 that ends in sega :wacko:

Hahahaha - that made me smile ;).

sage 69er
Jul 20, 2011, 05:03 PM
First of all, I would ask of PSU players not to let the current situation make you hate. It’s not good for the soul.

Second, I’d like to touch on the subject of banning because I’ve heard a lot about it recently. The reason people are banned is because they broach subjects that others do not wish to deal with. It’s also used as a scare tactic to other posters to tone down their comments and accept the information given to them. Acceptance ~ that is what this is all about. PSU on the xbox servers has been put upon the shelf.

As a player, I used to love this game. And it was the only one that I really enjoyed playing with my son and friends. But this game has changed for me, and it’s because of the changes being instituted by Sega. I’ve worked for national and global corporations for the last three decades and the bottom line with any major corporation is revenue. New product keeps a company vitalized. Kids and adults alike head out to midnight releases to get that new game they’ve been waiting months for, early morning lines to snag that new cell phone, etc. etc. New product generates money. Big Money.

And that’s where we are now. Like it or not, SEGA is not going to put manhours into giving us what we want. All their time and effort are for their new projects, new games. They don’t care about what weapon you’ve been looking forward to for so long, they don’t care that you’re bored with the clothes and hairstyles that you have now, it just does not matter to them. And for those of you who are angry and frustrated, don’t take it personally – it’s the corporate agenda. This is a business pure and simple and this is how they operate. In my opinion it’s just a matter of time before the 360 servers disappear. I think if SEGA were interested in keeping this game running, they would be working on it just as hard. And they are not. Of course, if Guardian’s Cash were instituted it might be a different story. If they could generate a higher revenue from us, they might be interested in keeping the game running at optimum. But that would be very costly to us, and I can say in all honesty that as a player and parent paying for this game, I am outraged at the thought. I think it horrendous that long time players, as many of us are, would have to pay extra for new weapons and such that our monthly memberships should be paying for anyway. Let’s face it, we’re just money-making machines for them.

There is no ‘unique or distinct’ here. This game is the same game, no matter what server it’s played on. It’s PSU. Content should be the same, never utilizing exclusives. Anything else is just bias.

I really don’t think there’s anyway we can fix this. It would be different if we had a voice within SEGA that would take a stand for us and help us out, but I just don’t see that forthcoming. Where would we find such an individual? very sad indeed All you can do is take a stand for what you believe in ~ and don’t budge.

i too work for a major global corporation. We live on our new products too but we also dedicate valuble time to existing products. Putting valuble time to update and upgrade old models. The reason is that your customers value you more as a company if you maintian a previous model. If not why would they purchase a new one knowing that it will not be supported by you in the future. The industry i work in is the aerospace quality and customer satisfaction are the best way to improve your industry and make profit

Noc Codez
Jul 20, 2011, 05:05 PM
the game is still online, no need to apologise. This web site is fine for forums.

So you think it's ok that were not getting any content that JP is getting?

SnowfoxZero
Jul 20, 2011, 05:13 PM
I see the word "reskin" being thrown around a lot. Can anyone tell me if these people saying it actually mean reskin? Or is it the exact same skin as another weapon?

Ishia
Jul 20, 2011, 05:18 PM
I see the word "reskin" being thrown around a lot. Can anyone tell me if these people saying it actually mean reskin? Or is it the exact same skin as another weapon?
The latter.

Majarra
Jul 20, 2011, 05:19 PM
Despite typing up these giant novels being written up post after post, they won't accomplish anything. I'll try to make myself clear here, to a point which everyone can understand:

SEGA DOES NOT FUCKING CARE ABOUT PHANTASY STAR IN ANY OTHER REGION BESIDES JAPAN

It's a bad business model, but the low sales, constant SEGA bashing, and lower fanbase will be the end of Phantasy Star games in English once and for all. SEGA is a multi-billion dollar company, do you really think they can't pay the fees or whatever they need to pay for to get it past through Microsoft? No, and here's why:

SEGA DOES NOT FUCKING CARE ABOUT PHANTASY STAR IN ANY OTHER REGION BESIDES JAPAN

Does it make sense now? The only thing you can do to help is give them less money, don't support this bullshit anymore. I enjoy a majority of SEGAs single player games but goddamn they can't run a US/EU online game for shit.

Noc Codez
Jul 20, 2011, 05:27 PM
Despite typing up these giant novels being written up post after post, they won't accomplish anything. I'll try to make myself clear here, to a point which everyone can understand:

It's a bad business model, but the low sales, constant SEGA bashing, and lower fanbase will be the end of Phantasy Star games in English once and for all. SEGA is a multi-billion dollar company, do you really think they can't pay the fees or whatever they need to pay for to get it past through Microsoft? No, and here's why:

Does it make sense now? The only thing you can do to help is give them less money, don't support this bullshit anymore. I enjoy a majority of SEGAs single player games but goddamn they can't run a US/EU online game for shit.

QFT ! ! ! To the people who are thinking it's going to get better.. take it from people who has been playing 4+ years.. it's not going to get better.. we've been there and done that already..

MoonlightMyau
Jul 20, 2011, 05:28 PM

I don't think that's necessarily true or fair. Remember they're screwing people over in Japan as well as the Japanese Xbox 360 players are on the same server as us.

blazingsonic
Jul 20, 2011, 05:34 PM
Okay I just have one question Edward, I'm not gonna bite your head off like the rest, Will the US and EUR ever see Infinity? If no, then I can understand, sadly this will make my interest in PSO 2 drop a bit, but I really would feel better just having a solid answer.

Dajket
Jul 20, 2011, 05:42 PM

Sums it up pretty well.

Lucidia
Jul 20, 2011, 06:46 PM
I don't think that's necessarily true or fair. Remember they're screwing people over in Japan as well as the Japanese Xbox 360 players are on the same server as us.

Japan could care less about the 360, so you're SOL on that front.

blazingsonic
Jul 20, 2011, 06:51 PM
Well it looks like Edward is gone since he hasn't replied in a while, and so my question remains unanswered.

RemiusTA
Jul 20, 2011, 06:57 PM
2) Officially, the XB360 version is a different version of the game. It is not meant as a duplicate of the JP version. You can disagree with that but that is the official stance, and so whatever communication you're going to hear from me or us, that's the ultimate message. That means that saying "it was like X there but it's like Y here and therefore it is broken" isn't something we can respond to, officially. They are different versions for a reason, and supplying new artwork to the XB360 is not the same as providing new artwork to the PC version. I know there's a fuzzy line there, some things, yes, it's worth raising the issue for sure. I said this on our forums before they went down and if you are unsure of what is "okay" to bring up ... you can always ask!This is the funniest shit i've ever heard in my life.

Look, all jokes and sarcasm aside....after reading this paragraph.....if this is the OFFICIAL position that SEGA holds on this matter....i dont even know why you people are even still bothered with this game.

This is basically saying "we aren't obliged to fix anything, so quit bitching". Im surprised SEGA would have the audacity to even say anything like that to its fans. That is the most BULLSHIT cop-out story i've ever heard from a videogame company in my life. Jesus Christ.

Look Edward, i dont mean to attack you in the slightest, because there is absolutely no point in doing it. I understand this is your job, and there really isn't much you can do other than dress the wounds. But seriously...i've lost tons of faith for PSO2 after hearing SEGA say some shit like that. I honestly cannot believe what i just read.

Meyfei
Jul 20, 2011, 07:23 PM
This is the funniest shit i've ever heard in my life.

Look, all jokes and sarcasm aside....after reading this paragraph.....if this is the OFFICIAL position that SEGA holds on this matter....i dont even know why you people are even still bothered with this game.

This is basically saying "we aren't obliged to fix anything, so quit bitching". Im surprised SEGA would have the audacity to even say anything like that to its fans. That is the most BULLSHIT cop-out story i've ever heard from a videogame company in my life. Jesus Christ.

Look Edward, i dont mean to attack you in the slightest, because there is absolutely no point in doing it. I understand this is your job, and there really isn't much you can do other than dress the wounds. But seriously...i've lost tons of faith for PSO2 after hearing SEGA say some shit like that. I honestly cannot believe what i just read.

while reading this i had a few thoughts i'll list them:
1: Maybe Edwards getting fired/laid-off, or is upset that ruby moved on (no wonder).
2: Maybe SoJ completely told SoA off with a blunt "You're not even going to get a PSO2 Demo"
3: I wonder how many PSU 360 fans are going to End-Sub once this gets out. FREE PSU-JP guys, Chat? use skype it's free!

Quatre52
Jul 20, 2011, 08:17 PM
I'd post my opinion on all of this, but i'd only be jumped on by the majority of the board, so I suppose theres no point other than to say, thanks for the info, it hints at exactly what I expect to happen anyways.

Now, as opposed to continuing to pointlessly yell on these forums, I'm gonna go enjoy this nice new GBR.

LightBreaker
Jul 20, 2011, 08:18 PM
while reading this i had a few thoughts i'll list them:
1: Maybe Edwards getting fired/laid-off, or is upset that ruby moved on (no wonder).
2: Maybe SoJ completely told SoA off with a blunt "You're not even going to get a PSO2 Demo"
3: I wonder how many PSU 360 fans are going to End-Sub once this gets out. FREE PSU-JP guys, Chat? use skype it's free!

??????

bupjo
Jul 21, 2011, 01:06 AM
me and my wife just got back from vacation in the Philippines. i brought along my PSP and played the hell out of Phantasy Star Portable 2. and i'm thinking why did i get back on Phantasy Star Universe for XB360. but i was like i've been playing it for years i quit it last year, missed it and re-subbed earlier this year. and after reading this thread, i am gonna go ahead and just quit, again! been wishing and hoping things would get better with this game, but i feel like i'm forcing myself to like it the way it is. i played it once yesterday and just felt i had no goal or reason to play it like i use to. this thread really made the choice more clear to me. just quit use my $10 for something else like cookies and boxes of capri sun or something.

Ellrick C-63
Jul 21, 2011, 01:11 AM
Though the reskins do bother me, like some of you the fact that striking weps are dropping neutral only is the most annoying thing out of this. Basically it just seems like new missions comprised of different blocks of already existing missions with crap drops...

Gracie Luv
Jul 21, 2011, 02:26 AM
i too work for a major global corporation. We live on our new products too but we also dedicate valuble time to existing products. Putting valuble time to update and upgrade old models. The reason is that your customers value you more as a company if you maintian a previous model. If not why would they purchase a new one knowing that it will not be supported by you in the future. The industry i work in is the aerospace quality and customer satisfaction are the best way to improve your industry and make profit

I'm really happy that this works for your industry, but does it as well as you think? Many products just become obsolete. Software programs, computers, cell phones, even gaming systems. When was the last time you saw a new game for Dreamcast or the original XBOX? Obsolete. Sorry, but my opinion varies greatly from yours. It's not right or wrong, just different. And, if Sega was dedicating valuable time to this game, just where is it? I can't find it.

DesignZ
Jul 21, 2011, 02:40 AM
I'm really happy that this works for your industry, but does it as well as you think? Many products just become obsolete. Software programs, computers, cell phones, even gaming systems. When was the last time you saw a new game for Dreamcast or the original XBOX? Obsolete. Sorry, but my opinion varies greatly from yours. It's not right or wrong, just different. And, if Sega was dedicating valuable time to this game, just where is it? I can't find it.
What a great point you have proved, where is the time invested into these servers?

xxmadplayerxx
Jul 21, 2011, 03:13 AM
I would however like to add my philosophical view,
The time it took for sega to decide about the GC content, they could of made a new update by now.

also like many others, I dont understand why SOA would make the xbox 360 servers unique, if the Japanese server, which is in my view ,incredible.. was the probably the most sucessful game SOJ has ever made so far...if they wanted to double there money, the logical decision is to start working on a update

Quatre52
Jul 21, 2011, 03:27 AM
I would however like to add my philosophical view,
The time it took for sega to decide about the GC content, they could of made a new update by now.

also like many others, I dont understand why SOA would make the xbox 360 servers unique, if the Japanese server, which is in my view ,incredible.. was the probably the most sucessful game SOJ has ever made so far...if they wanted to double there money, the logical decision is to start working on a update

Whos says there not working on an update now?

Demon-
Jul 21, 2011, 08:09 AM
Oh wow! Poor xbox servers, I really do feel bad for them. I had a feeling this was going to happen. The only advise I can give people is never play SOA servers again. I know I won't, PS2/PC server closing was like a wakeup call for me.

RemiusTA
Jul 21, 2011, 08:17 AM
The story that the Xbox360 server were not meant to be a "duplicate of the JP servers" is the biggest load of bullshit SEGA has ever had the courage to cough up. It's just an easy way of saying "we dont really feel like investing any time in this".

Who the hell ports a game to multiple platforms, and then later claims "it's not a port, it's a separate version"? Please remember, the reason PSU ended up on 360 is because around the time it was going to release, they decided it'd be smart to stick it on there.

That's like them up and saying "SORRY JP BUT THE PS2 VERSION WASN'T MEANT TO BE A DUPLICATE OF THE PC VERSION" and just leaving the servers up. But no, they won't do that, because too many people play them. But here, they don't really have much to lose making up some BS like that.

Noc Codez
Jul 21, 2011, 09:54 AM
Whos says there not working on an update now?

Are you kidding me ? Did you even read what Edward posted ? There will be no fix this is how they want the game to be.. there's also no update 2.... where are you getting your information from fortune cookies ? lol

Quatre52
Jul 21, 2011, 11:21 AM
Are you kidding me ? Did you even read what Edward posted ? There will be no fix this is how they want the game to be.. there's also no update 2.... where are you getting your information from fortune cookies ? lol

I could ask you the same thing.

He never said nothing would be fixed, he said we do have some "unique.." items, never said everything we've gotten will stay exactly how it is right now.

And where did you hear we wont get Update 2? Did Sega send you a personal message and leave the rest of us in the dark?

Keilyn
Jul 21, 2011, 11:57 AM
The number of people quitting is a concern for me. On the PC/PS2 servers a lot of people quit hoping to make a statement to Sega through their pocketbooks. But instead of getting increased updates the server instead was shut down. The tactic really backfired. I’m worried 360 is about to make the same mistake and instead of getting updates the boycotts will just get this server shut down too. I understand the frustration that people have, especially when they desire something so badly and there seems to be no means of obtaining it.

Everyone has their own experiences with this game and this community, and this game means different things to different people. Thus I speak for no one other than myself from my own perspective based on my personal experiences with this game and my life in general.

I think more than anything what has been the hardest for this community to deal with is looking at greener grass. When the players look over the fence into Japan’s yard, they see a beautiful spacious lush green lawn decorated with ornaments and beautiful flowers. When they look back into our yard, they see some normal grass with a humble garden. It really wears on someone when they are always looking over at the greener grass and lusting for it. If the game was exactly as it is now, and Japan had the same content we had right now, I think the community would be a lot more tolerant of it. That said, it is very hard to see the person next to you always getting something better. In one of my college classes they did an experiment related to this, and it had some really interesting results.

The class was being given a free lunch. There were 3 tables. 4 people were seated at the smallest table. About 8 people were seated at the medium table (which is where I happened to be seated) and the remaining 20 were seated at some large picnic bench style tables. The 20 people at the large tables were served tiny salads, water and bread. And that’s it.

The 8 of us at the medium tables received salad, bread, water, soup, and some fruit.

The 4 people at the small table received salad, better fruit, steak, and soda.

Anytime someone started to venture toward another table, the teachers moved them back to their proper table and spoke rather condescending toward them. It got rather hostile pretty quickly, and the 20 people at the large table very nearly came to using their superior numbers to raid the small table and take the much better quality food by force. Especially since the 4 people at the small table had no intention of sharing.

We had been told about this free lunch for months so many people hadn’t eaten yet and those that only had tiny salads were very unhappy. The teachers had done this as a lesson on lower, middle, and upper class. But the principle applies here on PSU very well. People get resentful when they see preferential treatment. If things got this hostile during just 1 free lunch, imagine how it would have been if it happened every day. You’re seeing a lot of that with how upset much of the PSU community is about the current state of affairs and how much content Japan has.

Then you have me, the girl that has a more appreciative nature. I was simply glad that I had been fed. I come from a background where for a time, I was so impoverished that I could not even afford food. I’ll never forget those feelings of starvation I experienced during that difficult time. I just appreciated having what was given – I wasn’t concerned with getting more. That’s just how I am, it’s the nature I have – to appreciate what I have even if others are better off than me. It’s a nature that has followed me into PSU. I don’t stress over the greener grass on the other side of the fence, I am appreciative of the grass that I have. PSU has come to mean more to me than I ever could have imagined, and every day that I am on it, my affinity for it seems to increase. I take a lot of enjoyment out of playing with some very good-natured people that have really opened their arms to accept me in spite of all my quirks, and I still enjoy just roaming around and playing the missions that we have. I am not someone that needs to build up as quickly as possible, thus rather than frequently doing a small number of missions I tend to roam all over the place and keep up a lot of variety. As someone who has been impoverished for most of her life, it is my nature to make the most out of the things I do have rather than to lust for more. You can put the woman in a new environment, but you can’t change her nature, and this is just who I am.

Well, that is my view on things. I’m certainly not bashing on people that are frustrated or even saying that they are wrong to feel that way – I’m just adding my own perspective into the topic and the way I personally view things.

I respect your post sincerely and I know what you are getting at, but really bad example.

If I look over someones yard and its green and lush...I can learn to make one and make one as green or lush. I can buy the same products and learn how to make it work.

This was a company that released the same product under the same name. Now I understand if one was called "Phantasy Star Universe" and had a sticker that said "Official Version, for use in Japan Only" and our version was called "Phantasy Star Universe - Kubara Version" and had a sticker saying "This version will be minimalistic, for those who wish to not play in Japan."

This kind of advertising exists already in Operating Systems where you Pay for the Version you want based on need and use.

The people who bought into this game expected the game to be updated. They gave PSU a chance believing in second chances, that SEGA would do better and not make the same mistakes of PSU. People were disappointed as the same exact scenario played out.

Also, I was never the kid in school to "sit" at the popular table. In fact I grew up so differently that I would pull out a table, set it up for myself.....and let anyone who wished to sit down at my table regardless who they were and where they were from or their status......

...and yes we are similar in the sense we can "appreciate" what is "given" to us.

but PSU is not "Given to us" and in fact we pay a monthly service fee for the product itself. If you appreciate being "ripped off" to your time, money and energy that is on you.

The principle is not the same because the customer has the choice to choose their "version" of the game, only in this instance we were lead to believe that our versions would actually be updated and maintained evenly, with the rationalization that almost every other game on the planet after the second expansion all versions are patched to the same version number.

In your lunch example...I would just be happy an entity gave me a free meal and ask how I can help to return the favor. People take a lot for granted, in your example the students knew which tables they were to sit in and what they were to be given.

If you want your lunch example to be more valid...

Picture the person who starts at the little table..gets small lunches for a while, then the little table closes down...some go hungry and starve to death, while some move to the largest table and at first arent welcomed but eventually are...and some move to the middle table...

Now the middle table may go soon, and they may have to all move to the large table....

boomadatigger
Jul 21, 2011, 01:03 PM
After Edward's little "revelation" I wouldn't be surprised if players started leaving in droves, in fact, I would expect it. I think the majority of players stuck around only because they were under the impression that we would eventually get the same thing Japan has, just more slowly. Couple that with Sega continually ignoring the problem of the ticket system, scammers, and meseta buyers and you have the recipe for a mass exodus. *removed*

DCUO is very peaceful and the community very respectful. I've yet to run into one scammer, or spammer, or rude player. There is no policing force comprised of players. I suspect its because the people in charge of maintaining the game are actually doing their jobs and thus don't need to enlist the help of players.

I find it kind of ironic that while Sega wants to look progressive by employing progressive people with "progressive" lifestyles, like Kellie and Ruby, no one can come up with progressive solutions to some of the game's problems.

Cranberry
Jul 21, 2011, 01:10 PM
Keilyn, I think you made a really good example there. Your points make a lot of sense and that's also a way of looking at it that I hadn't considered before.

Anon_Fire
Jul 21, 2011, 01:25 PM
What I'd would like to ask Edward is: When was the last time we've seen a Phantasy Star game commercial in the US?

And the simple answer is: Never.

How could SOA not have the ability to do a commercial for the Phantasy Star games for the West?

Gracie Luv
Jul 21, 2011, 02:31 PM
I respect your post sincerely and I know what you are getting at, but really bad example.

If I look over someones yard and its green and lush...I can learn to make one and make one as green or lush. I can buy the same products and learn how to make it work.

This was a company that released the same product under the same name. Now I understand if one was called "Phantasy Star Universe" and had a sticker that said "Official Version, for use in Japan Only" and our version was called "Phantasy Star Universe - Kubara Version" and had a sticker saying "This version will be minimalistic, for those who wish to not play in Japan."

This kind of advertising exists already in Operating Systems where you Pay for the Version you want based on need and use.

The people who bought into this game expected the game to be updated. They gave PSU a chance believing in second chances, that SEGA would do better and not make the same mistakes of PSU. People were disappointed as the same exact scenario played out.

Also, I was never the kid in school to "sit" at the popular table. In fact I grew up so differently that I would pull out a table, set it up for myself.....and let anyone who wished to sit down at my table regardless who they were and where they were from or their status......

...and yes we are similar in the sense we can "appreciate" what is "given" to us.

but PSU is not "Given to us" and in fact we pay a monthly service fee for the product itself. If you appreciate being "ripped off" to your time, money and energy that is on you.

The principle is not the same because the customer has the choice to choose their "version" of the game, only in this instance we were lead to believe that our versions would actually be updated and maintained evenly, with the rationalization that almost every other game on the planet after the second expansion all versions are patched to the same version number.

In your lunch example...I would just be happy an entity gave me a free meal and ask how I can help to return the favor. People take a lot for granted, in your example the students knew which tables they were to sit in and what they were to be given.

If you want your lunch example to be more valid...

Picture the person who starts at the little table..gets small lunches for a while, then the little table closes down...some go hungry and starve to death, while some move to the largest table and at first arent welcomed but eventually are...and some move to the middle table...

Now the middle table may go soon, and they may have to all move to the large table....

Or how about this scenario:

You are rich beyond measure, and all of the people around you are starving. And what if the people who are starving are the same people who made you rich? Do you just sit back complacently and watch them starve to death - or do you feed them, knowing you have the means to do so?

blazingsonic
Jul 21, 2011, 02:34 PM
So PSU has it's own JLU........Okay how do I unsubscribe to PSU on Xbox? I think I'll reinstall my PSU on PC and try the Japanese server.

blazingsonic
Jul 21, 2011, 02:41 PM
Oh my! Did I hit a nerve? Blackening implies malicious intent. I wasn't being malicious, merely trying to answer the person's question with something readily available for public consumption since I can't refer him to the UPPA thread.

I saw the video, this is just like another self appointed police force on Second Life, I think I'll stick with PSP2 and DCUO.

WiZ1988
Jul 21, 2011, 02:41 PM
So PSU has it's own JLU........Okay how do I unsubscribe to PSU on Xbox? I think I'll reinstall my PSU on PC and try the Japanese server.

Do it. PSU on 360 sucks. On JP server there's not as much bitching and drama. I haven't met 1 scammer or haven't been booted at the boss. All the childish bullshit that came with the 360 is gone. Non-existent. Don't get me wrong, there were some really good people on that server. Let me know if you join and I'll do some missions with ya.

Fox2Tails
Jul 21, 2011, 02:48 PM
Well it's nice to know that I wasted my money moving to the 360 server when they closed down the PS2/PC server...

blazingsonic
Jul 21, 2011, 02:51 PM
you have a JP account why are you the one complaining about something you already said you quit playing.

Lets keep the topic off me, okay?
I just want to know how do you unsubscribe from Xbox PSU just incase I decide to jump ship, when or if that happens rest knowing that I will not make a big public statement on it.

Ryna
Jul 21, 2011, 03:11 PM
I just want to know how do you unsubscribe from Xbox PSU just incase I decide to jump ship, when or if that happens rest knowing that I will not make a big public statement on it.

Perhaps you will find this topic helpful:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189035

As for everyone else, let's keeps the comments focused on asking questions, offering feedback, and responding to Edward's comments. Trashing Sega, bringing up unrelated player groups, and comparing the Japanese/Xbox 360 versions of the game are considered to be off-topic for this discussion.

blazingsonic
Jul 21, 2011, 03:18 PM
Okay ^-^ But IS Edward coming back or have all the angry posting made him leave angry at us.

boomadatigger
Jul 21, 2011, 03:20 PM
Okay ^-^ But IS Edward coming back or have all the angry posting made him leave angry at us.

I don't think he ever planned to come back. I think he knew full well what the reaction would be to what he had to say. People were already upset about lack of updates, now throw "oh, it's a different version of the game" into the mix and even I wouldn't want to be around for the backlash. But just to give him the benefit of the doubt, he might be arguing our case with the higher ups. But then again, based on past evidence, I don't find that a very believable scenario.

Powder Keg
Jul 21, 2011, 03:38 PM
It's very unlikely we'll see an update 2. If we do, it's going to be a very long time from now. Remember how long the first one took? And as Olaf and others have said, the fact that they're going through the trouble to both rename the weapons -AND- spread word that "This is a unique version of the game" (when it should have read "watered down") is a clear enough indication for me. No "buts" about it.

Tetsaru
Jul 21, 2011, 04:05 PM
I know Edward's probably busy as hell, but as a representative of Sega, he's going to make them look awfully cowardly and incompetent (beyond what they already are, anyway) if he doesn't address us again soon... either on here, PSUPedia, Facebook, or Twitter, as I don't really see where else he could effectively get any responses out. If they wait until the official forums are back up, then there's just going to be more censoring and banning of angry customers who are being denied proper answers. And without customers, they WILL lose money. It doesn't take a wealthy corporate businessman to see that.

If Sega REALLY wants to win us back, I can think of several possible courses of action:

1 - Make the 360 servers free-to-play, so at least we don't have to pay for their mistakes

2 - Take down the 360 servers and encourage everyone to play on Japan's servers, but with a multiple language support patch

3 - Add a gigantic update to the 360 servers (and not fuck it up) that would catch them up to everything Japan's servers have, and shut up about this "different version" bullshit, and/or merge the servers

4 - Publicly apologize and tell us what the fuck is going on. Square-Enix did this with FFXIV from the get-go when customers were upset about the game's initial release, and since then, the game's been free-to-play, and a new development team has been working on new patches and publicly talking about them. Sega should take a hint from these guys.

Ishia
Jul 21, 2011, 04:13 PM
I could quote every single post in this thread and say "Its a waste of time. SEGA doesn't care." and I would be right, every single time.

Tetsaru
Jul 21, 2011, 04:27 PM
"Its a waste of time. SEGA doesn't care."

Sadly, this is very true. I just don't see how a company with that kind of mentality continues to do business, especially for this game in particular... :disapprove:

blazingsonic
Jul 21, 2011, 04:29 PM
I know Edward's probably busy as hell, but as a representative of Sega, he's going to make them look awfully cowardly and incompetent (beyond what they already are, anyway) if he doesn't address us again soon... either on here, PSUPedia, Facebook, or Twitter, as I don't really see where else he could effectively get any responses out. If they wait until the official forums are back up, then there's just going to be more censoring and banning of angry customers who are being denied proper answers. And without customers, they WILL lose money. It doesn't take a wealthy corporate businessman to see that.

If Sega REALLY wants to win us back, I can think of several possible courses of action:

1 - Make the 360 servers free-to-play, so at least we don't have to pay for their mistakes

2 - Take down the 360 servers and encourage everyone to play on Japan's servers, but with a multiple language support patch

3 - Add a gigantic update to the 360 servers (and not fuck it up) that would catch them up to everything Japan's servers have, and shut up about this "different version" bullshit, and/or merge the servers

4 - Publicly apologize and tell us what the fuck is going on. Square-Enix did this with FFXIV from the get-go when customers were upset about the game's initial release, and since then, the game's been free-to-play, and a new development team has been working on new patches and publicly talking about them. Sega should take a hint from these guys.

Whoa what was that about FFXIV? A friend of mind plays that alot on 360, Is that Free to play now as well?

Ishia
Jul 21, 2011, 04:31 PM
Whoa what was that about FFXIV? A friend of mind plays that alot on 360, Is that Free to play now as well?

Hahaha. That's XI, not XIV.

Tetsaru
Jul 21, 2011, 04:31 PM

..........No, FFXIV was never on 360 (FFXI is), though it is free-to-play on PC right now. I was merely using that as a comparison. Read the post again. o_o

Also, last I heard, FFXI wasn't doing so well lately. Then again, I only played it for about 3 months, and that was a long time ago, lol...

But we're getting off-topic. Edward needs to come back and address us again. I'll be waiting...

iBaylin
Jul 21, 2011, 04:34 PM
Well it's nice to know that I wasted my money moving to the 360 server when they closed down the PS2/PC server...

I wish there was a like button for this comment xD

That actually seems like a cool idea and it doesn't seem like that would take a lot of work. (Not really big on programming so I'm unsure of that)

But all the things you mention is nothing more that wishful thinking sadly.

Noc Codez
Jul 21, 2011, 04:38 PM
In other news.. UPPA meeting this weekend Silver our site mod on the official forums has been speaking to Edward about this situation and he has some news for everyone..

Ishia
Jul 21, 2011, 04:44 PM
Also, last I heard, FFXI wasn't doing so well lately. Then again, I only played it for about 3 months, and that was a long time ago, lol...

It's a 10-year old MMO. It's going to die relatively soon.

Cleptomaniac
Jul 21, 2011, 04:47 PM
In other news.. UPPA meeting this weekend Silver our site mod on the official forums has been speaking to Edward about this situation and he has some news for everyone..

I doubt Edward would tell a member of the community something without posting about it. Even if he did why wouldn't you guys just post it here?

Tetsaru
Jul 21, 2011, 04:50 PM
It's a 10-year old MMO. It's going to die relatively soon.

Well that, but I keep hearing stuff on how certain classes like Paladin and Dragoon are just worthless now - other jobs being able to do what they can do better, etc., much like how hybrid classes in PSU compared to stuff like Fighmaster, etc.

Noc Codez
Jul 21, 2011, 04:50 PM
I doubt Edward would tell a member of the community something without posting about it. Even if he did why wouldn't you guys just post it here?

Silver is a Site mod.. they speak very often.. no one if forcing your hand in coming.. I was just spreading the word ^^

Cleptomaniac
Jul 21, 2011, 04:54 PM
Again, why wouldn't he just post it here? I very seriously doubt he tells the site mods information regarding the game.

Noc Codez
Jul 21, 2011, 05:08 PM
Ok well your entitled to your opinion. don't coome then continue playing the GBR or what ever you do on PSU.

Cleptomaniac
Jul 21, 2011, 05:09 PM
I'm just curious why we need to wait for this news until the weekend if it's so important. Why wouldn't he post it here?

bloodflowers
Jul 21, 2011, 05:26 PM

Why not just tell us himself?

Quatre52
Jul 21, 2011, 05:29 PM
so, wheres this meeting going to be?

bloodflowers
Jul 21, 2011, 05:31 PM
Perhaps you will find this topic helpful:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189035

As for everyone else, let's keeps the comments focused on asking questions, offering feedback, and responding to Edward's comments. Trashing Sega, bringing up unrelated player groups, and comparing the Japanese/Xbox 360 versions of the game are considered to be off-topic for this discussion.

How can that last part be off topic when a good part of one of Edwards posts referred to it. It's the entire crux of the matter, that the content is different (missing). I can't think of anything more on topic in fact aside from asking when the forum will be back. It's almost like a grenade was thrown on PSOW to reduce drama on the official when it comes back.

blazingsonic
Jul 21, 2011, 05:40 PM
Something tells me they want to reveal what ever news they have from within an environment they can control.

That is usually the case, I'm alittle wary with where this is going, all I want to know is if I'll be getting PSP2i or not. I'm should be kicking myself for getting caught up in the drama.

bloodflowers
Jul 21, 2011, 05:44 PM
so, wheres this meeting going to be?

That's actually a really good question, since the normal UPPA thread is on the official forums, which are down. There's one on FBD (sig), but I don't know if it will be posted there. Hopefully one of them will do it.

boomadatigger
Jul 21, 2011, 05:46 PM
Another good question is why a meeting in the first place.

BIG OLAF
Jul 21, 2011, 05:47 PM
That's actually a really good question, since the normal UPPA thread is on the official forums, which are down. There's one on FBD (sig), but I don't know if it will be posted there. Hopefully one of them will do it.

The news will probably be the semi-official announcement of the 360 servers shutting down, or something almost as depressing. As for a location, I'll try and find out a definitive locale. When I do, I'll post it in the FBD thread.

Ryna
Jul 21, 2011, 05:47 PM
How can that last part be off topic when a good part of one of Edwards posts referred to it. It's the entire crux of the matter, that the content is different (missing). I can't think of anything more on topic in fact aside from asking when the forum will be back. It's almost like a grenade was thrown on PSOW to reduce drama on the official when it comes back.

If you have a specific comparison to make, say in regards to a particular item, that is fine as long as you keep the tone respectful. General remarks comparing the two versions are out of place in this particular thread. If you have some general remarks to make, create a new thread or reply in any of the other numerous other recent threads where the Japanese versus Xbox 360 issue has come up.

bloodflowers
Jul 21, 2011, 05:52 PM
The news will probably be the semi-official announcement of the 360 servers shutting down, or something almost as depressing. As for a location, I'll try and find out a definitive locale. When I do, I'll post it in the FBD thread.

I'd settle for 'account binding will be removed from our servers'. A lot of people would consider coming back if the game went back to having an economy for new weapons instead of super rare trade materials and inevitable duplication hunting elements.

Midori Oku
Jul 21, 2011, 05:58 PM
Silver19 did say it was good news. Take it as you will.

Noc Codez
Jul 21, 2011, 05:59 PM

Thank you big blue.. I only had 5mins to talk to silver before I had to go to work..all I heard was meeting this sat..good news may keep people playing.. then I had to log off..that's it in a nutshell.silver did mention about him and edward speaking.. so I don't know..let's see what happens.

PSW4L
Jul 21, 2011, 06:08 PM
Every new weapon from this point on is going to be a re-skin weapon then? What about something like the Ten'imuso? We already have the single saber version of it. I'm not really clear on what exactly is going to be a "unique to Xbox" version and what will look like the Japanese version.

cheapgunner
Jul 21, 2011, 06:17 PM
I'll be optimistic for good news I suppose. Till then I guess back to gaming. =0

Masterflower
Jul 21, 2011, 08:50 PM
I seriously think companies nowadays should work with other companies. I understand it a matter of share profits and money and stuff but I also think its a matter of pride as well. Honestly if you can't bring content from JP, replace it with something from your inventory. Hell, Yukaza items in Phantasy Star? Sure. Bayonetta items as well? Bring it on! Theres alot things Sega could use to make the game "different" from its JP counter part.

But seriously lol I know Sonic is ya main thing and all, but seriously, Im gettin' tired of seeing that blue mofo lol.

Halcyote
Jul 21, 2011, 08:56 PM
Phantasy Star isn't as lucrative in the West as everyone here seems to think.

Kizer497
Jul 21, 2011, 09:14 PM
you got to call xbox 1800 4 my xbox hope it helps

Masterflower
Jul 21, 2011, 09:40 PM
Phantasy Star isn't as lucrative in the West as everyone here seems to think.

I know lol. This makes me very sad. I love Phantasy Star alot and I hope Sega can continue to keep bring it over here. Even tho Sega cuts the DLC, Im just glad they still find a way to keep all the weapons in the game.

gordon/alpha999
Jul 21, 2011, 09:43 PM
They are cheap about it too. Why would they cut so much, knowing it's more money in their pockets?

Recon Tactical
Jul 21, 2011, 10:29 PM
You know how Sega of Japan usually host art competitions for weapon designs for the JP PC servers? Why don't Sega of America do this for our so-called exclusive weapons? I'm sure there are plenty of artistically skilled players and forum goers capable of of creating some spectacular looking weapon designs. It'd certainly beat those ugly, generic, recycled skins we've currently got.

BIG OLAF
Jul 21, 2011, 10:47 PM
You know how Sega of Japan usually host art competitions for weapon designs for the JP PC servers? Why don't Sega of America do this for our so-called exclusive weapons? I'm sure there are plenty of artistically skilled players and forum goers capable of of creating some spectacular looking weapon designs. It'd certainly beat those ugly, generic, recycled skins we've currently got.

They'll say that they "don't have the resources to do something like that." Trust me, I've asked about that kind of extracurricular stuff before. It doesn't fly.

Halcyote
Jul 21, 2011, 10:50 PM
Because they don't have the development team to actually implement this. If they did, then all the problems you all are having wouldn't exist.

Hell, Darkness Preta wouldn't exist.

Recon Tactical
Jul 21, 2011, 10:52 PM
They'll say that they "don't have the resources to do something like that." Trust me, I've asked about that kind of extracurricular stuff before. It doesn't fly.

Well, that certainly lowers my faith, or lack thereof, in Sega and the 360 servers, but I'm actually not at all surprised.

gordon/alpha999
Jul 21, 2011, 11:07 PM
but seriously, i bet the "good news" is the official forums going up soon or something lame like that.

Well at least we can ship our complaints to the source :>

Tetsaru
Jul 22, 2011, 02:44 AM
Well at least we can ship our complaints to the source :>

And then most likely have them edited, censored, banned, or otherwise unaddressed. That, or if they DO fix it, they'll end up screwing something else up and/or cause a rollback... :rolleyes: That's why I was hoping Edward would post again here or elsewhere, where he and his staff have no such tyrannical authority, but I'm pretty sure we've scared him off at this point...

It's quite pathetic that, after all these years, Sega's staff STILL won't fucking man up and address these problems or their community in a proper manner, and actually provide people with a decent game. Worst business-customer relations I've ever seen in the gaming industry. :(

Lock
Jul 22, 2011, 04:01 AM
lot a hate....

how ya been Edward?

Red*
Jul 22, 2011, 07:21 PM
Hello, wayward GUARDIANS!

no comment...i will never play again a SoA supportet online Game

gordon/alpha999
Jul 22, 2011, 07:28 PM
Hell hath no fury like a gamer scorned for SEG@.

XxXTHEBUTCHERXx
Jul 23, 2011, 01:43 AM

XD ROFL that's great:-P

Silver19
Jul 23, 2011, 02:29 AM
Hmm, I am very glad that Edward spoke to everyone on the current state of PSU. I don't intend on leaving the game and I know there are good things ahead. Just gotta have faith...

Lock
Jul 23, 2011, 02:31 AM
Hmm, I am very glad that Edward spoke to everyone on the current state of PSU. I don't intend on leaving the game and I know there are good things ahead. Just gotta have faith...

heh...

been a long time sins i heard that. I hope good thing are ahead.

Silver19
Jul 23, 2011, 02:48 AM
Well, if nothing else, I try to live by this motto of "Things are never as bad as they seem". I think some players are just getting caught up in the moment and not seeing the bigger picture. Things should clear up, in time. You're a PSU veteran Lock, you know the score.

Spiderbane
Jul 23, 2011, 02:50 AM
And then most likely have them edited, censored, banned, or otherwise unaddressed. That, or if they DO fix it, they'll end up screwing something else up and/or cause a rollback... :rolleyes: That's why I was hoping Edward would post again here or elsewhere, where he and his staff have no such tyrannical authority, but I'm pretty sure we've scared him off at this point...

It's quite pathetic that, after all these years, Sega's staff STILL won't fucking man up and address these problems or their community in a proper manner, and actually provide people with a decent game. Worst business-customer relations I've ever seen in the gaming industry. :(

I take back my statement of Edward walking right into the lion's den. He just flat out fucking walked onto the Lion's Pride! King Simba's not too happy about that...

Ishia
Jul 23, 2011, 02:50 AM
It's fairly quite obvious what the big picture is. Everything from PSPo2 onward will continue to look like older models and all the striking weapons will most likely be neutral at first before they change it two weeks later.

Spiderbane
Jul 23, 2011, 02:52 AM
It's fairly quite obvious what the big picture is. Everything from PSPo2 onward will continue to look like older models and all the striking weapons will most likely be neutral at first before they change it two weeks later.

Quoted. For. Truth.

Lock
Jul 23, 2011, 02:59 AM
Well, if nothing else, I try to live by this motto of "Things are never as bad as they seem". I think some players are just getting caught up in the moment and not seeing the bigger picture. Things should clear up, in time. You're a PSU veteran Lock, you know the score.

yeah...

we know this score all too well.We will have to wait and see then. ^^

Recon Tactical
Jul 23, 2011, 03:27 AM

Just the thought of that makes me want to punch myself in the face. Seriously, fuck these recycled skins, and fuck this Neutral striking weapons shit. I'm actually surprised stuff like Lavis Cannon isn't dropping as Neutral too.

Gracie Luv
Jul 23, 2011, 10:35 AM
Just the thought of that makes me want to punch myself in the face. Seriously, fuck these recycled skins, and fuck this Neutral striking weapons shit. I'm actually surprised stuff like Lavis Cannon isn't dropping as Neutral too.

That's because the Lavis Cannon was actually released in Protectors. Had the Lavis Cannon been released in DM, I'm sure it would have been re-skinned and neutral just like everything else.

EdwardAges
Jul 25, 2011, 01:38 PM
Hey look, everyone's still here :)

A few things:

While I would like to address the complaint I'm seeing more, honestly there isn't a lot I can actually add at this point. You're arguing that you're being somehow shortchanged; that talking about these as different versions is unfair. Yes -- we draw from the same well of content. I'm not pretending otherwise. We try and keep them as similar as possible if only because that's easier to do. But Xbox 360 is a very different platform. Submitting new content -- especially new graphics -- to Microsoft is not the same as just adding art assets to the PC. When I say "different version" that's precisely what I mean. It's the Xbox version and that means -- especially this far down the line -- some differences.

We're doing everything we can to bring content to you. When you're complaining about the skins you're still complaining about new weapons with new stats. And, as I said, there are new items still to come with new graphics that you haven't seen before. You don't have to like what I'm saying but that is what we have -- and in the end you're complaining about content that is being added on a consistent basis to a console MMO 5 years after release. Let's keep this in perspective.

Now, on a related bit of news: We have a maintenance this week and will be adjusting the elements for some of the recently released weapons. I don't have a full list but my understanding is they're fixing the "neutral" attribute. I will provide more info when I can but just wanted to let you know :)

Atemisc
Jul 25, 2011, 01:43 PM
Quite frankly, although it'd make some people happy and others angry, I don't see why we couldn't get content pack DLC. Like make different packs full of different types of items and clothes, etc, and sell them for different prices depending on the content. That way we can get new stuff with entirely new skins and go from there.

I'd buy it. Assuming it had good stuff. But I know a lot of people wouldn't like that as well. But it seems like an easy work around to me.

mAsTeR OuTi
Jul 25, 2011, 01:44 PM
at least sumthing...thx ed

Valiant
Jul 25, 2011, 01:46 PM

A few things:

While I would like to address the complaint I'm seeing more, honestly there isn't a lot I can actually add at this point. You're arguing that you're being somehow shortchanged; that talking about these as different versions is unfair. Yes -- we draw from the same well of content. I'm not pretending otherwise. We try and keep them as similar as possible if only because that's easier to do. But Xbox 360 is a very different platform. Submitting new content -- especially new graphics -- to Microsoft is not the same as just adding art assets to the PC. When I say "different version" that's precisely what I mean. It's the Xbox version and that means -- especially this far down the line -- some differences.

We're doing everything we can to bring content to you. When you're complaining about the skins you're still complaining about new weapons with new stats. And, as I said, there are new items still to come with new graphics that you haven't seen before. You don't have to like what I'm saying but that is what we have -- and in the end you're complaining about content that is being added on a consistent basis to a console MMO 5 years after release. Let's keep this in perspective.

Now, on a related bit of news: We have a maintenance this week and will be adjusting the elements for some of the recently released weapons. I don't have a full list but my understanding is they're fixing the "neutral" attribute. I will provide more info when I can but just wanted to let you know :)

So you're saying that it is Microsoft that is making our game not as good as the JP server?

boomadatigger
Jul 25, 2011, 02:12 PM
So you're saying that it is Microsoft that is making our game not as good as the JP server?

Sounds that way, don't it?

Tetsaru
Jul 25, 2011, 02:15 PM

A few things:

Seems to me that you guys knew there was going to be a significant difference all along. What I want to know is, why was this decision made when it just means more work on your end and more frustration on ours?

Two different groups of people are playing the SAME online RPG, but they can't play with each other, and one group has many more privileges. Don't you find that wrong and messed up at all? An MMO (as you call it, although I disagree) is not meant to be split up this way.

New weapons that just have lolbiggarnumbarz on them doesn't impress me. Even with the proper artwork, I might be like, "oh, that looks cool" for the first couple of hours, and then that's it. It does little for the actual game experience.

If you want to bring us REAL new content, then merge 360's servers with Japan's servers. I don't care what hoops you have to jump through to do it - the non-JP community deserves it by now.

Either that, or just shut the game down now, and stop making excuses. It'll save us all a lot of trouble and make us look forward to a hopefully better experience with PSO2.

I'm glad you're fixing it, but honestly, these types of bugs should never have happened in the first place. Do you guys even go through any thorough testing before releasing this stuff??

I'm sorry Edward, but everyone's royally pissed at how poorly this game is managed, and it's not the first time - hell, it's probably the umpteen-gajillionth time. Sega's customer service and feedback is non-existent. You guys never tell us the big picture. Are you sworn to an oath of secrecy or something?? Nothing significant ever gets done, and it's ridiculous, so let me spell it out for you as clearly as I can:

Stop feeding us bullshit and tell your superiors that the non-JP PSU community wants some fucking answers.

EdwardAges
Jul 25, 2011, 02:17 PM

I'm not blaming Microsoft -- and in fact it's worth noting that the MS platform (Xbox) has allowed PSU to be what it is. I've said this a few times but it's seriously worth noting that the success list of MMOs on Xbox's own servers goes like this:

1. PSU

(end of list)

Not counting FF because they run on their own servers :) And we are still getting regular updates; not only that but there has been a concentrated effort to increase their frequency in the past 6 months. So no, I'm not blaming MS for anything.

It does have to do with the difficulty of submitting new content to a different (console) platform. I understand curiosity about all this is high, of course -- and I would explain more if I could. It's business and it's not my area and it isn't something I can discuss.

Look what I've been doing -- what I'll keep doing -- is let SEGA know that this is a really important issue; that more than just the weapons you all like to have open communication. No game company operates with 100% transparency and in general, Japanese game companies show less of what they're doing than Western (Blizzard gives advanced patch note previews that you'll never see from any game company out of Japan). I can keep suggesting that anything we can explain to you about this stuff is valuable and would go a long way to easing some of the ragequits -- but other than that please note I'm not just trying to be coy; if I'm not explaining something it's because it is past the limits of what I can discuss in my position.

Cleptomaniac
Jul 25, 2011, 02:19 PM
I dislike the fact that we're getting reskins but can you please, PLEASE take a poll on the forums to vote for the reskins? Scroll a banner in-game and tell people to come to the forums to vote for reskins. Obviously you're still going to have people angry about reskins but I think you'll have far less angry customers if you do something like this.

EdwardAges
Jul 25, 2011, 02:29 PM
I dislike the fact that we're getting reskins but can you please, PLEASE take a poll on the forums to vote for the reskins? Scroll a banner in-game and tell people to come to the forums to vote for reskins. Obviously you're still going to have people angry about reskins but I think you'll have far less angry customers if you do something like this.

It's not an issue of voting for it and doing that implies that we're bound to the results of the poll. I'm well-aware that people would prefer new graphics, and so is Japan -- who wouldn't prefer new graphics!

It'd be like having a poll, "Who wants 10 dollars? Vote yes and we send you 10 dollars." It's kind of a tease if we can't immediately send you 10 dollars.

What I'm happy to do once we have our official forums back is take some more concentrated feedback about willingness to purchase, say, a DLC package. That may carry more weight and regardless of the outcome it's something I can give to Japan.

Home Dog
Jul 25, 2011, 02:30 PM
I am glad we are getting the neutral weapons fixed. It's a start and hopefully all of this comes to a good end. Y'know, whatever that light at the end of the tunnel is.

Tetsaru
Jul 25, 2011, 02:32 PM
Look what I've been doing -- what I'll keep doing -- is let SEGA know that this is a really important issue; that more than just the weapons you all like to have open communication. No game company operates with 100% transparency and in general, Japanese game companies show less of what they're doing than Western (Blizzard gives advanced patch note previews that you'll never see from any game company out of Japan). I can keep suggesting that anything we can explain to you about this stuff is valuable and would go a long way to easing some of the ragequits -- but other than that please note I'm not just trying to be coy; if I'm not explaining something it's because it is past the limits of what I can discuss in my position.

Communication is critical for any business to succeed, and you can start by not banning or censoring any opposing arguments from fans who actually know what they're talking about once the official forums are back up.

And detailed patch notes would be awesome. Let players know EXACTLY what is happening to the game, and allow them to provide constructive feedback to further improve the state of the game. I mean, just look at this post (http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/17007?p=241517&#post241517) or some of the other stuff on the Lodestone (http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/index.html) on one of the recent FFXIV updates; I'm pretty sure they're Japan-based, yet I don't ever see you guys at Sega post anything like that.

Really, there's just no need to be so secretive about everything. People just end up getting suspicious and distrusting of you at that point.

Home Dog
By the way Edward, are we supposed to expect a response from the [email protected] email thing? I have been reporting cheaters to there and I have yet to get anything back. I would at least like to know if my email has been read by you, or someone else who can deal with cheaters on PSU.

Ellrick C-63
It's not an issue of voting for it and doing that implies that we're bound to the results of the poll. I'm well-aware that people would prefer new graphics, and so is Japan -- who wouldn't prefer new graphics!

It'd be like having a poll, "Who wants 10 dollars? Vote yes and we send you 10 dollars." It's kind of a tease if we can't immediately send you 10 dollars.

What I'm happy to do once we have our official forums back is take some more concentrated feedback about willingness to purchase, say, a DLC package. That may carry more weight and regardless of the outcome it's something I can give to Japan.

A new skin doesnt have to be an option...atleast let us choose from already existing skins.

MoonlightMyau
Jul 25, 2011, 02:34 PM

I think that's a fantastic idea.

Thank you for posting again Edward. I know it must be a bit like going into the lions den with people being so vocal (me included) about the matter. But I think that's one of this series' strong points, it gets people passionate.

boomadatigger
Jul 25, 2011, 02:38 PM
Communication is critical for any business to succeed, and you can start by not banning or censoring any opposing arguments from fans who actually know what they're talking about once the official forums are back up.

Really, there's just no need to be so secretive about everything. People just end up getting suspicious and distrusting of you at that point.

Bloodflowers comes to mind.

DesignZ
Jul 25, 2011, 02:40 PM

The "don't shoot the messenger" term comes into great play in this situation, I don't understand how people are mad at YOU and not SoJ. I'm one to be honest and I can't stand the fact that we are getting reskinned weapons, but did you just say that we might be able to get a DLC pack that will open up more possibilities? I'll gladly pay for it, but I won't be able to take it seriously until it is true and confirmed.

serenade
Jul 25, 2011, 02:43 PM

i was just talking to my friend about this exact idea last night. i woudlnt mind paying $10 to get the 2nd update with some GC items thrown in (ya know, we still pay for the GC items, but its in one big dlc pack rather than individually and we get the update we need to allow the correct weapon skins).

considering microsoft doesnt like free dlc, they might actually prefer this dlc model as well.

DeltaViolet+
Jul 25, 2011, 02:45 PM
but did you just say that we might be able to get a DLC pack that will open up more possibilities? I'll gladly pay for it, but I won't be able to take it seriously until it is true and confirmed.

You've already paid for it, you should of got it ages ago.

@Eddy

The "GGC" has nothing to do with Japan, yet after discussion about it a few months back nothing become of it.

While there is no updates, there's no reason why you guys can't host community events and such. The next time Japan sends over an update, cant you just ask for like 50% weapons to give out if you were to host a competition.

P.S I wish the in-game banner was used more.

DesignZ
Jul 25, 2011, 02:47 PM
I thought he was talking about a newer pack that can possibly be released?

DeltaViolet+
Jul 25, 2011, 02:51 PM
I thought he was talking about a newer pack that can possibly be released?

You've paid the same as Japan has since the release date, I don't see why you should have to pay for something extra Japan got for free. You pay for your guardians license already.

I don't think that is fair.

DesignZ
Jul 25, 2011, 02:53 PM
You've paid the same as Japan has since the release date, I dont see why you should have to pay for something extra japan got for free.
I can definitely agree with you on that, but if its a better game-play for the 360 servers I'll pay 10-15 bucks for it.

Cranberry
Jul 25, 2011, 02:55 PM
Thanks for the updates Edward. One thing I've always wondered is what we as players can do other than paying the license fees. I've always been a woman that looked for solutions to problems rather than just complaining about them. I've often wondered what us players can do to help advance the content of PSU and start to bridge that gap between regions. I think there are a lot of us that want to make our voices heard to show how much we still care about this game and how much we want to see it move forward.

EdwardAges
Jul 25, 2011, 03:06 PM
By the way Edward, are we supposed to expect a response from the [email protected] email thing? I have been reporting cheaters to there and I have yet to get anything back. I would at least like to know if my email has been read by you, or someone else who can deal with cheaters on PSU.

They're very backed up right now. I'll follow up with our CS guys to see what they're sending out; just know that even if you don't hear back they're doing their best to work through all the reports.

BIG OLAF
Jul 25, 2011, 03:06 PM
I agree that having to pay for a DLC package might be a little unfair, but I still kind of like that idea. If it's a choice between that, or getting stuck with re-skins and other sub-par things, I'd gladly pay a wee bit extra. Most people would, without a doubt.

Hopefully you were at least semi-serious about that little idea, Edward.