PDA

View Full Version : RAnger equipment help

dys0r
Mar 16, 2003, 08:22 PM
I have a lvl 76 Purplenum RAmar, and was wondering what kind of equipment I should have for him. At the moment, I'm using an L&14K COMBAT +20 (no hit %, though... can't seem to find one with a damn hit % on it) and a GUILTY LIGHT +18. Specifically, I want to know what items are good for:

- groups
- 1on1 battles against the tougher baddies

My RAmar lacks ATP and takes a damn while to kill any enemy. I'm not so used to a RAnger as I am with a FOrce and HUnter.

- dys

Brundidge
Mar 16, 2003, 08:29 PM
If you're able to find good vulcans with hit% then they are good until you can find a L&K with good %'s though. A nice rifle or a red handgun would be great too. I find the photon launchers slow now but if you play the weapon right then that's cool. I used my guilty light up to ultimate till I found a red scorpio. For groups shots are slow but they are still a ranger's best friend. I find a Final Impact really good. Meteor Smash isn't far behind but F.I. does more damage as is more accurate.

dys0r
Mar 16, 2003, 08:36 PM
Any idea what kind of rifle I should specifically be hunting for? I also have a METEOR SMASH, but that thing lacks power. The best weapon I have is a GUILTY LIGHT since it does the most damage. I also have a BARANZ LAUNCHER, and I found that it was really helpful in V. Hard. Is it a good group killing weapon? As for L&14K COMBAT, the ones I find never have any hit %'s on them... and I don't seem to find Vulcans with good %s, either.

As a result, I'm discouraged from using my damn RAmar... bleh.

- dys

Brundidge
Mar 16, 2003, 09:30 PM
I have a Baranz Launcher but enemies in ultimate mode run around really fast and the missile tends to miss. I found the Final Impact much better. Guilty Light is cool if you're confortable with the weapon. I know I was when I first started using it. Use a God/Battle unit so you won't feel the slow down of the launcher that much. As for a rifle I'm not a rifle expert. Since you're purplenum you can find the Yas 9000m mechs that has the range of rifle (which is pretty neat actually). I would find one myself but I don't have a purplenum character right now http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif