PDA

View Full Version : Shop searching (minor annoyance)

GavinGlycerine5
Jul 21, 2011, 04:49 PM
I notice when im searching by condition sometimes it says no shops found...but I know that some shops have this item...As I then search by item which takes a long time to get prices compared to condition searching. I double checked and I dont have any categories except price sorting, and I have spelled it right. Here are just a few items this happens with...

Vahra claw
Sega saturn (decoration)
Grinder base S <---most annoying.

Anyone know why this happens?

PSW4L
Jul 21, 2011, 06:21 PM
Here's some advice:

For Vahra claw, just type vahra and set search to claw or twin claws.

For grinder base S, just type base S.

Not sure what to do for the Sega Saturn. Try just typing in one of the words I guess. And yeah, it's annoying to me too.

GavinGlycerine5
Jul 21, 2011, 06:33 PM

I just got a gaozoran rod drop from a monster...its not the weapon but the material.. I searched for material and nothing. Im just trying to see if its worth anything >_>

Tetsaru
Jul 21, 2011, 06:40 PM
If the shop search has remained unchanged from what I remember, typing in things like "claw" or "grinder" causes it to search for everything under that category rather than a specific item with that word in the name. To get around this, try using different words in the item name, or set a certain minimum/maximum rarity level, or what specific type of item you're looking for.

Also, if you're searching for armor units, be sure to put spaces between the words and the slash (for example, "Fire / Resist" instead of "Fire/Resist"). I remember that annoyed me a lot until I figured that out, lol.

desturel
Jul 21, 2011, 07:24 PM
Vahra claw <- Search "Vahra Twin" or "Vahra Claws"
Sega saturn <- "SegaSaturn room"
Grinder base S <- "Base S"
gaozoran rod <- "Gaozoran Material"

There are much more annoying things to search for and a few things that are impossible to search for.
"Knuckles" (sonic character statue)
"Photon" (aka plain photon)

But for the most part, once you know why things are failing it makes searching easier.

Psycho Wand <- "Psycho Rod"
Needle Cannoc <- "Neddle Cannoc"
Armas Line Board <- "Armas Board"
Photon Charge Cosmo <- "PhotonChargeCosmo" (it's all one word)

My favorite for searching has to be the Carriguine stuff.
Carriguiruc <- if you are looking for the board
Carriguine Blade <- if you are looking for the part all you really need to search for is "Carriguine"
Carriguine-Rucar <- if you are looking for the made weapon, don't forget the hyphen.

Alleria
Jul 21, 2011, 08:45 PM
Sega Saturns tripped me up for forever, but they're found by searching for it all as one word: SegaSaturn

pikachief
Jul 21, 2011, 08:52 PM
yea it happens all the time, Vahra Claw searches for a claw called "Vahra" and Psycho Wand searches for a wand called Psycho >.> lol

Grinder Base S will search for a Grinder called Base S. Stuff like that, so if you're having trouble with searching for an item check the way the item is named and if a certain part of the name can be used for something else, then the search is probably gonna have problems.