PDA

View Full Version : PSU Forms still down.....

Lock
Jul 22, 2011, 04:34 AM
Lock here.

Its still down. Whats the deal? Hope my pic thread did not get deleted....:no:

str898mustang
Jul 22, 2011, 04:35 AM
ok????

Lock
Jul 22, 2011, 04:40 AM
ok????

I'm bored, and I take it you have not been to the PSU forms?

str898mustang
Jul 22, 2011, 06:43 AM
I'm bored, and I take it you have not been to the PSU forms?

I've seen them.....I just dont depend on them. Besides everyone went to the website bloodflowers made.

Cranberry
Jul 22, 2011, 09:07 AM
Sega was recently the victim of a hacker attack. They've been down while they are securing their system. Here's a copy of the email that they sent out in June:

Dear Cranberry,

As you may be aware, the SEGA Pass system has been offline since yesterday, Thursday 16 June.

Over the last 24 hours we have identified that unauthorised entry was gained to our SEGA Pass database.

We immediately took the appropriate action to protect our consumers’ data and isolate the location of the breach. We have launched an investigation into the extent of the breach of our public systems.

We have identified that a subset of SEGA Pass members emails addresses, dates of birth and encrypted passwords were obtained. To stress, none of the passwords obtained were stored in plain text.

Please note that no personal payment information was stored by SEGA as we use external payment providers, meaning your payment details were not at risk from this intrusion.

If you use the same login information for other websites and/or services as you do for SEGA Pass, you should change that information immediately.

We have also reset your password and all access to SEGA Pass has been temporarily suspended.

Additionally we recommend you please take extra caution if you should receive suspicious emails that ask for personal or sensitive information.

Therefore please do not attempt to login to SEGA Pass at present, we will communicate when the service becomes available.

We sincerely apologise for this incident and regret any inconvenience caused.

We are contacting all our members with these recommendations.

If you have any further questions please contact SEGA customer support on [email protected]

hewitt
Jul 22, 2011, 10:37 AM
I bet they're not doing security updates anymore, they just have the forums down so they can make up a new excuse about why XBox PSU is a unique server without being bothered.

Lock
Jul 22, 2011, 02:51 PM
I'm starting to think that too.

Slayer76
Jul 22, 2011, 04:01 PM
I bet they're not doing security updates anymore, they just have the forums down so they can make up a new excuse about why XBox PSU is a unique server without being bothered.

Seeing how all of the sega forums is down, no one can comment on any game at all so i dont think the minority of the forum population who they have been ignoring/tuning out for years really bother them enough to keep it down

Valiant
Jul 22, 2011, 04:03 PM
I bet they won't be up until September.

Lock
Jul 22, 2011, 05:27 PM
I bet they won't be up until September.

or after. Who the hell knows.....

Ilikelamp7
Jul 22, 2011, 05:34 PM
Good! I can play GOW3 without reading more bullshit spewing out of the mouth called SEGA! :)

Powder Keg
Jul 22, 2011, 05:37 PM
Good! I can play GOW3 without reading more bullshit spewing out of the mouth called SEGA! :)

When that and Saints Row 3 come out PSU will be an afterthought for me.

gordon/alpha999
Jul 22, 2011, 07:25 PM
When that and Saints Row 3 come out PSU will be an afterthought for me.

Hey! That's my idea!

Vintasticvin
Jul 22, 2011, 11:44 PM
The forums will come back in due so sit tight and calm down, be greatful they did not take down PSU EU and JP while the (not so as you all call them) good folks @ Sega work on getting the game's site back up and running. I understand they didn't quite live up to their oath in giving the english servers the updates like JP does but we gotta remember they need the JP headquarters approval (Or something of the sort I cant remember exactly) Plus consoles have limited memory capacity wheras pc is near limitless.

Ishia
Jul 22, 2011, 11:57 PM
Plus consoles have limited memory capacity wheras pc is near limitless.

>Xbox 360
>PC

Vintasticvin
Jul 23, 2011, 12:07 AM
>Xbox 360
>PC

:-? Well, I must of had my figures wrong on the matter at hand.

Lock
Jul 23, 2011, 02:20 AM
The forums will come back in due so sit tight and calm down, be greatful they did not take down PSU EU and JP while the (not so as you all call them) good folks @ Sega work on getting the game's site back up and running. I understand they didn't quite live up to their oath in giving the english servers the updates like JP does but we gotta remember they need the JP headquarters approval (Or something of the sort I cant remember exactly) Plus consoles have limited memory capacity wheras pc is near limitless.

well thats....reassuring.

wounder why they did not say something on the SEGA main site?

Vintasticvin
Jul 23, 2011, 02:35 AM
well thats....reassuring.

wounder why they did not say something on the SEGA main site?

Yeah I know right? ANd sega has a main site :-o Hackers got the mainsite too?

Eat poo derek
Jul 23, 2011, 04:31 AM
SQL injection's a tricky thing after all they dont want to pull a Sony right?