PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Just had a crazy idea that should please people

DPShiro
Jul 23, 2011, 11:59 AM
Ok, so we almost know for sure that we only have the data files for PSP weapons, right?
We are mission the Phantasy Star Portable 2, Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity & Phantasy Star Zero weapons/data.

JP PSU got the S2 versions of Rare Missions during this GBR (Colony 2nd) along with the sweet übar drops; Sorcerer Rod, Frozen Shooter, Panzer Faust & Twin Blaze.

All those weapons are from PSP2 so will likely NOT see them at all, BUT instead of giving us more crap like, reskinned and neutral weapons like Promodo Rodoc, Phantoc how about they replaced these drops with the following;

Sorcerer Rod -> Rutsularod
Frozen Shooter -> Bringer's Rifle
Panzer Faust -> Twin Glasher/Soul Banish/Morat Machinus/Twin Cannon
Twin Blaze -> Double Cannon

These replacement is all PSP weapons which we should have the data/correct files for and this switch would surely keep many of us pleased for a looooong time.

Of course this will never happen, but this would be a very good move to get most players to accept our "unique" server.

What do you think?

pikachief
Jul 23, 2011, 12:39 PM
lol double cannon and rutsularod? D: nope. That's crazy. Unless the drop rate was so high that you'd have to do at least 100 rare runs before seeing one lol I could see the other one's happening, but maybe a Satelite Riser? or is that a PSP2i/PS0/PSP2 weapon too? :/

Double cannon and Rutsularod and kinda like end game weapons of their category D:

DPShiro
Jul 23, 2011, 12:43 PM
lol double cannon and rutsularod? D: nope. That's crazy. Unless the drop rate was so high that you'd have to do at least 100 rare runs before seeing one lol I could see the other one's happening, but maybe a Satelite Riser? or is that a PSP2i/PS0/PSP2 weapon too? :/

Double cannon and Rutsularod and kinda like end game weapons of their category D:

We don't have much more "new" content left with the data files we have now.
And it would somewhat make up for all the bad service we have put up with.

It would be a very smart move from sega to save a lot of subscriptions. But knowing sega, they have a policy to not do anything smart to please players.

edit: Satellite Riser is PSP2(i) as well, so that won't work

And Xbox servers ARE at the end game already -we don't have anything more to play with.

THLPSC
Jul 23, 2011, 12:45 PM
Will never happen. Its quite obvious to anyone with a brain this would be a "good" thing for 360 but like said before won't ever happen.

Kaufman
Jul 23, 2011, 02:54 PM
but these weapons were on the original PSO so it shouldn't be a problem hopefully. cause if that was the case we the final impact would of been reskinned.

DPShiro
Jul 23, 2011, 03:03 PM
but these weapons were on the original PSO so it shouldn't be a problem hopefully. cause if that was the case we the final impact would of been reskinned.

PSO=/=PSU.
New game=new models etc, even though the design is the "same".

The Sorcerer Rod etc was NOT in PSP, so we won't see that unless we get the 2nd Update.

XbikXBd
Jul 23, 2011, 03:11 PM
PSO=/=PSU.
New game=new models etc, even though the design is the "same".

The Sorcerer Rod etc was NOT in PSP, so we won't see that unless we get the 2nd Update.

sorcerer rod was in psp......lol
as for those weps there in update 1
update 2 has the pspo2 skins so we need to wait......

xBULLYDOGG
Jul 23, 2011, 03:13 PM
Bad idea. Why get rid of 4 weapons.. which will then need to be released anyway.

SEAG already tried fixing a problem with another problem, if you hand't noticed with GAR
and it doesnt matter that psu=//=pso, you'll still get the weapon models... the data is on the disk...

DPShiro
Jul 23, 2011, 03:15 PM

It was??
Must have missed it completely -GREAT NEWS! :D
Loved it in PSO

XbikXBd
Jul 23, 2011, 03:19 PM
It was??
Must have missed it completely -GREAT NEWS! :D
Loved it in PSO

its a Arank rod on psp

cheapgunner
Jul 23, 2011, 03:46 PM
Sounds like a good plan. I'd support it only if the drop rate was high enough to where you could see oen of these weps drop every 5-10 runs or so. I mean, the weps should also be behind a 4-man switch so scrubs don't boot for the drop themselves...

Midori Oku
Jul 23, 2011, 03:48 PM
its a Arank rod on psp

It was an A rank rod on PSP2 not PSP.

DPShiro
Jul 23, 2011, 03:49 PM

Bad idea. Why get rid of 4 weapons.. which will then need to be released anyway.

SEAG already tried fixing a problem with another problem, if you hand't noticed with GAR
and it doesnt matter that psu=//=pso, you'll still get the weapon models... the data is on the disk...

I knew i was right, thank you M :)

Shiro, your thread on PSOW is attracting people who don't know what they're talking about. I can't post there, as I'm banned, but I can definitely state that Sorcerer Rod was NOT in PSPo1 and it first appeared in PSPo2, along with the rest of the weapons you mentioned in the OP.

It's very likely that none of them are currently in the 360 data.

The idea that because a weapon appeared in PSO means you have the PSU model is also laughable, but you seem to understand that so no need to set you straight on that.

^_^

gordon/alpha999
Jul 23, 2011, 04:15 PM
This is a good substitution, now let's see what Seg@ do. :/

Ilikelamp7
Jul 23, 2011, 05:07 PM
Exchanging an amazing grenade launcher for a melee weapon? No thanks. I know they will be re-skinned, but as long as their stats will remain the same I don't care. Will I be furious? Yes. But I don't want an axe instead of a grenade launcher dropping.

pikachief
Jul 24, 2011, 12:52 AM
I like the idea now that i think of it more but... what's gonna happen when they get to events that are supposed to drop Rutsularod and Double cannon? are they just gonna also put the weapons in the event mission too?

I also have been thinking... there's only so many weapons they can reskin... For example, They have like 5 slicer designs. Are they just gonna reskin every new slicer into those 4-5 designs? :/

DPShiro
Jul 24, 2011, 05:47 AM
I like the idea now that i think of it more but... what's gonna happen when they get to events that are supposed to drop Rutsularod and Double cannon? are they just gonna also put the weapons in the event mission too?

I also have been thinking... there's only so many weapons they can reskin... For example, They have like 5 slicer designs. Are they just gonna reskin every new slicer into those 4-5 designs? :/

Do someone honestly think that our servers will live that long? I don't.

pikachief
Jul 24, 2011, 02:14 PM
Do someone honestly think that our servers will live that long? I don't.

Well they obviously don't even have enough content left for that if they're just giving you guys higher ranked missions which are just a higher leveled monster with reskin weapons. That's 0 content.

If they already don't have enough content for these weapon designs, who knows how much longer they can last :/

Powder Keg
Jul 24, 2011, 02:20 PM
How about they just stop being a buncha lazy #$^&'s and put the title update(s) together? This idea will just give them more options and excuses to fail.