PDA

View Full Version : Mortal Kombat latest DLC is...

darkante
Jul 23, 2011, 12:51 PM
Freddy Krueger? I´m not the biggest fan of the MK serie, but this really caught me by suprise.
Awesome though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaSBkBDcepM

Rashiid
Jul 23, 2011, 12:53 PM
I don't think anyone expected this, but it's an interesting addition. Makes you wonder if they'll add other classic horror flick killers, such as Jason or It.

Neith
Jul 23, 2011, 01:16 PM
Not a fan of guest characters so this'll be the first DLC for MK I won't buy.

I kinda think he looks ridiculous in a fighting game to be honest, but it's certainly...different.

BIG OLAF
Jul 23, 2011, 01:54 PM
Not a fan of guest characters so this'll be the first DLC for MK I won't buy.

You must hate Soul Calibur with a bloody passion, then. Shame.

Rashiid
Jul 23, 2011, 01:59 PM
How can you not like guest characters? Those are the most fun as they have nothing to do with the game.

Like Snake in Brawl. Has NO position in the game but it's funny as hell.

Neith
Jul 23, 2011, 04:14 PM
You must hate Soul Calibur with a bloody passion, then. Shame.

Played SC2 and SC4, never really used the guest characters much (particular the Star Wars ones in SC4, that was ridiculous). Haven't played SC4 for months though.

I have no problem with guest characters featuring as such, provided they fit the game. Freddy has the gore-factor for MK but he just looks completely out of place in the video to me.

darkante
Jul 23, 2011, 04:32 PM
I´m all up for guest characters as long as they don´t make the game.

CupOfCoffee
Jul 23, 2011, 05:39 PM
I'm not a huge fan of guest characters, but Freddy is pretty hilarious. I only wish it was the classic Robert Englund version instead of this Voldemort lookin ass.

Crossing my fingers for Zombie Billy Mays to be DLC character #4.

Edit: and by #4 I mean #5.

DoubleJG
Jul 23, 2011, 05:57 PM
I was attending the Mortal Kombat Legacy panel when they revealed this. The audience exploded with laughter and applause.

BIG OLAF
Jul 23, 2011, 06:11 PM
I'm not a huge fan of guest characters, but Freddy is pretty hilarious. I only wish it was the classic Robert Englund version instead of this Voldemort lookin ass.

Yeah, Robert Englund is way better than that new version. Looks stupid as shit.

ARASHIKAGE
Jul 23, 2011, 06:24 PM
The moves look likes Choi Bounge's from King of Fighters, but then again he was a rip off of Freddy Krueger himself.

Call me crazy but the finishing moves are way too over the top, making them more silly than brutal. The whole game is very laughable, I enjoyed the old ones better. Although I do like how they went back the the fixed 2d camera.

NoiseHERO
Jul 23, 2011, 06:36 PM
Freddy has always been a goofy killer...

and Mortal Kombat never really held back on comedy fatalities...

I think the problem is that his moves don't look ridiculous ENOUGH. I guess he wouldn't be allowed to use a powerglove though...

Sinue_v2
Jul 23, 2011, 07:12 PM
Well... at least Freddy Kruger makes a hell of a lot more sense being in a Mortal Kombat game than Batman.

darkante
Jul 24, 2011, 12:59 AM
Any idea why Freddy uses 2 claws this time around?

CupOfCoffee
Jul 24, 2011, 01:19 AM
Haha, I was wondering about that, too. It was probably just easier to think of moves he could do with two gloves than with only one.

Sord
Jul 27, 2011, 03:01 PM
I think it was Boon who had actually been tweeting Freddy as a possibility long before the announcement was made. Supposedly Jason was considered but it was decided Freddy suited the game better due to claws and the like making him more than just a normal human to fit in with MK's mostly other/outer worldy cast. Regardless, really looking forward to Freddy. Scarlet, Kenshi, and Rain were all great additions but none of them were really my type of game play (I main Nightwolf, Jax, Sheeva, and Cyrax mostly, occasionally playing Kitana. Mostly defensive rushdown.)

darkante
Aug 12, 2011, 07:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7TEwbx7NYo

Gotta loves those babality.