PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Keyboard doesn't work in PSU? Art Selling Question.

neon-drane
Jul 23, 2011, 08:27 PM
Heya, kinda new to psu.

And was looking for information about those who use keyboards in game. (specifically, if anyone else uses xbox controller mini-keyboard)

I just recently bought myself a keyboard for my controller today, its works fine when sending messages to my friends through their Gamer Tags, but not the same for trying to type something into PSU's keyboard interface.

Question 1: Is there something i'm doing wrong or have to do to get the game to recognize that i'm trying to type something in? or is it just that the xbox 360 keyboard doesn't work with the game?

Question 2: If i wanted to start up a "shop" to offer drawings to other users that want their PSU Character(s) digitally. What would be the best spot on the forum for such a thing? Is this allowed?

http://neon-drane.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/ (example of my work)

Thanks advance for any information you guys can spare for the newcomer. ^__^

-Hitman-
Jul 23, 2011, 08:29 PM
Nope they don't work on here and neither do wireless keyboards I'm pretty sure. You need a wired USB keyboard.

NightSun
Jul 23, 2011, 08:53 PM
Sadly the Xbox messenger keyboard does not work with Phantasy Star Universe. Any kind of normal USB keyboard should work (To my understanding), I use a wireless Logitech Keyboard & Mouse Combo (Don't use the mouse), but the keyboard works with no problems.

Sinue_v2
Jul 23, 2011, 09:06 PM
Standard wired USB keyboards work just fine with PSU.

neon-drane
Jul 23, 2011, 09:07 PM
Nope they don't work on here and neither do wireless keyboards I'm pretty sure. You need a wired USB keyboard.

Sadly the Xbox messenger keyboard does not work with Phantasy Star Universe. Any kind of normal USB keyboard should work (To my understanding), I use a wireless Logitech Keyboard & Mouse Combo (Don't use the mouse), but the keyboard works with no problems.

Standard wired USB keyboards work just fine with PSU.

Ah, that sucks. I got a new keyboard out of it i guess. Ill get myself a usb keyboard next time i head out.

Thank you three for that bit information. very helpful~

Though, is it okay to sell/offer drawing services on the "trade" portion of the forum? (since its not a in-game item/wep/etc) Or would this be considered scamming since there is no real reliability behind it?

Trying to get more information about this.

Tetsaru
Jul 24, 2011, 12:59 AM
Though, is it okay to sell/offer drawing services on the "trade" portion of the forum? (since its not a in-game item/wep/etc) Or would this be considered scamming since there is no real reliability behind it?

Trying to get more information about this.

I'd post about it in the Fan Works section. The Trades section is for buying/selling/trading in-game items.

As for selling them... I think PSOW has a rule about advertising unless it's in your signature. You might wanna PM Ryna or one of the other mods about that.

WhammyKing121
Jul 24, 2011, 02:52 AM

I have a wireless keyboard that works... Its just a pain to get the tiny little USB thingy in and out of the port on the xbox...

TheAstarion
Jul 25, 2011, 07:05 AM
As your USB keyboard question has been answered, pretty much, I was curious about your commissions. Are you talking a standard, money commish, or are you talking in-game funds? I think in-game meseta should be okay, otherwise it counts as standard advertising, which is a bit of a no-no. There's some good stuff in your gallery, either way.

Akaimizu
Jul 25, 2011, 08:31 AM
Any keyboard that uses the USB port works. That also includes most Wireless Keyboards that work off of a USB wireless hub. I used a wireless (with included USB wireless reciever) Logitech keyboard, and it works as long as the keyboard has battery power left.

Would've been nice if the keypad worked, but for some strange reason, PSU doesn't use the standard library for reading keyboard input like everything else.