Jul 26, 2011, 02:40 AM
There it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwDq7K1Ij9s

Totori
Jul 26, 2011, 02:43 AM
OMG a Height slider, I know what character I'm going to make >.<

Tyreek
Jul 26, 2011, 02:46 AM
It's a goddamn robot shooting magic, the hell do you want from it.

Also, there best be afros in the customization. Otherwise, no deal. :wacko:

I only say it because each class, Human males/females and CAST males had a unique design. Yet RAcast and FOcast are too similar to eachother. Heck, HUcast looks COMPLETELY different from RAcast, as it should be since the other games. I'll deal with it though. For now I'll assume they just haven't really come up with a finished design yet.

Malachite
Jul 26, 2011, 02:46 AM
Any word on the other gameplay footage?

MAXrobo
Jul 26, 2011, 02:52 AM
some more stuff has been posted on the phantasy star blog

http://bumped.org/psublog/

it says something about no player levels. I wonder how that will turn out?

Seth Astra
Jul 26, 2011, 02:52 AM
In the video, you can see a character change from the HUmar to FOmar outfits. So, if nobody noticed, there is definitely the ability to change outfits. No-class locked appearances.

BIG OLAF
Jul 26, 2011, 02:53 AM
In the video, you can see a character change from the HUmar to FOmar outfits. So, if nobody noticed, there is definitely the ability to change outfits. No-class locked appearances.

Yes, but we haven't seen any sort of clothing shop. This troubles me, though I know not everything has been shown yet.

Malachite
some more stuff has been posted on the phantasy star blog

http://bumped.org/psublog/

it says something about no player levels. I wonder how that will turn out?
Weird, I wonder how that's gonna turn out as well. I hope it's something similar atleast.

•Col•

Anyone who watched the livestream noticed, lol.

•Col•
Jul 26, 2011, 02:55 AM
What? In the video you can clearly see that they all have levels.

On the blog it explains that there are class levels, not player levels. As in, you can level Force to 100, but your Ranger and Hunter classes will still be level 1.

Which also implies that you can switch between the 3 classes freely.

Seth Astra
Jul 26, 2011, 02:55 AM
@Olaf: As you said, we haven't seen anything yet.
@Colaya: Well, it was only a brief flash in the video, I thought I might have just been seeing things the first time.

Malachite
Jul 26, 2011, 02:57 AM
It'd be nice to be able to switch between your classes, but the way they're wording it is a little strange. I hope it doesn't stray too far. They're talking about it as if you will only be gaining new techniques, rather than improving your stats as well. I really hope that's not the case.

Niloklives
Jul 26, 2011, 03:00 AM
It'd be nice to be able to switch between your classes, but the way they're wording it is a little strange. I hope it doesn't stray too far. They're talking about it as if you will only be gaining new techniques, rather than improving your stats as well. I really hope that's not the case.

I think the idea is a point distribution system so you can put points into skills abilities and stats. maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I'm picturing...think of it like demon's souls but with more options

Malachite
Jul 26, 2011, 03:07 AM
That's a very welcome change in my opinion.

Dracheseele
Jul 26, 2011, 03:15 AM
Taking a closer look at the inventory screen leads me to believe there are now 3 attack values.
Red being melee, blue being shot, yellow being tech.

Reasoning: The gunblade has 102 red & 92 blue, none of the other weapons shown have blue.

Also leads me to think accuracy has been done away with. As I'm not seeing it on the weapon status. But I'm by no means fluent in japanese so i'd need confimation.

Mike
Jul 26, 2011, 06:36 AM
That was a good way to spend 48 minutes, even if I couldn't watch it live. I just hope they don't distribute the alpha via disk.

Totori
Jul 26, 2011, 07:49 AM
That was a good way to spend 48 minutes, even if I couldn't watch it live. I just hope they don't distribute the alpha via disk.

What's wrong with disk copy?

Mike
Jul 26, 2011, 07:51 AM
What's wrong with disk copy?
Nothing. It'd just be easier for everyone if they made the alpha downloadable.

Totori
Jul 26, 2011, 08:00 AM
Nothing. It'd just be easier for everyone if they made the alpha downloadable.

That is true and also did you get accepted, to the alpha test?

voxie
Jul 26, 2011, 08:08 AM
I don't know if this has been posted yet, but here it is - please delete otherwise (too many posts to check through!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLWcqxmPGHI

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 26, 2011, 08:44 AM
Holy snap! A squadron of characters at 0:38 / 0:40!

RemiusTA
Jul 26, 2011, 08:45 AM
Character Creator Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z89_Tg1ggRg

More gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKuoBG03q4o"]&#x202a;PSO2 -- more combat&#x202c;&rlm; - YouTube[/url][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKuoBG03q4o

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 26, 2011, 08:52 AM
Awsome! The character creation system is great! The big guys can catch and throw you, ouch!
Don't need to see anything else at this point.
I'M SOLD! :3

yoshiblue
Jul 26, 2011, 09:01 AM
It was awesome. The way they transformed the hume was funny. All they did was mess with the HUnewy's lady bits and showed us a creepy cast. I hope they have more parts to chose from because it like like it was lacking.

Gunblade yeah! A force smacking a boss? Oh yeah! For seeing whip abuse. Monster Hunter type item use wooooo!

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 26, 2011, 09:08 AM
I dunno much Japanese, just a small bit, but I think he said that it's not fully complete yet. Face options and morphing are mostly complete but the number of parts is low in this Alpha Test Character Creation.
Should have more in the final game or it can be like PSU where ya could go ta the style shops after your char is done and there you would have more options.

Mike
Jul 26, 2011, 09:39 AM
I hope they have more parts to chose from because it like like it was lacking.

It's probably written in a different thread but the number of available costumes is reduced for the Alpha and thus the version of the game they showed today.

Neith
Jul 26, 2011, 02:36 PM
This is looking really promising so far, being able to jump on the downed dragon made me laugh. Glad to see the game looking so...refreshing in these videos, can't wait to hear more.

pikachief
Jul 26, 2011, 03:06 PM
I'm almost positive i saw a new spell at around the :58 mark. She jumped up and shot 1 solid icicle at the dragon and it burst when it hit him. Didn't look like barta, unless barta acts differently when shot in the air.

Demon-
Jul 26, 2011, 03:22 PM
I think that's what barta looks like now.

voxie
Jul 26, 2011, 03:56 PM
This is looking really promising so far, being able to jump on the downed dragon made me laugh. Glad to see the game looking so...refreshing in these videos, can't wait to hear more.

Totally agree! Not feeling strapped to the ground gives the game a whole new air, literally!

Syl
Jul 26, 2011, 09:16 PM

Just imagine being able to do "cinematic" finisher specials like they have in Gears of War when you down an enemy. That'd be so damn awesome.

Malachite
Jul 26, 2011, 09:22 PM
In my opinion, I don't think that would fit at all.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 26, 2011, 10:26 PM
In my opinion, I don't think that would fit at all.

I was thinking the same. There comes a point where, while it might be cool, it starts to not fit well with the rest of the game. Jumping? Ok, that works. Interrupt events? Neat, it'll add variety. Executions? Eh.....I think we're getting a little off-base. Just doesn't seem to fit in the vein.

Of course, I'm talking more from a PSU standpoint, not PSO....but I still think it's a little off base.

Malachite
Jul 26, 2011, 10:27 PM
It's even more off base from a PSO standard.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 26, 2011, 10:30 PM
It's even more off base from a PSO standard.

I'd believe that. I did play a little Blue Burst, to see what all the hub-bub was. I can definitely see why people would say what they do.