PDA

View Full Version : 7/26 Media Briefing

Pages : [1] 2

Mike
Jul 25, 2011, 12:37 AM
You can see it at the link below. You'll need a Niconico Douga account to view it though. The "doors open" at 2:50 and the briefing begins at 3 pm.

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv57778323

BIG OLAF
Jul 25, 2011, 01:03 AM
Don't have a Niconico account, and I've got to go to bed in a little bit. Sucks, but I guess I'll have see what the big "ground-breaking, life-changing revelations" were when I wake up. I'm sure the forums will be abuzz by the time I'm sentient in the morning.

Mike
Jul 25, 2011, 01:10 AM
Erm, it's tomorrow.

EDIT: By which I mean in just under 24 hours.
EDIT 2: At the time of this original posting.

BIG OLAF
Jul 25, 2011, 01:12 AM
Oh. Well, I still won't be able to stay up until 3:00 AM+ tomorrow night, either. So, Just re-read my post tomorrow, same time. :wacko:

Angelo
Jul 25, 2011, 01:32 AM
Just logged in to check.

I can't believe I remembered my niconico account, I haven't viewed anything on that site since Smash Brawl was being hyped.

I'll be catching this media briefing for sure.

So the site says the doors will open in 23 hours and 15 minutes. So I'm assuming this is going to start right before midnight, PST?

Syl
Jul 25, 2011, 01:39 AM
Ah, was worried that this might air while I was at work tomorrow, but it seems like good timing. Thank god I have a NND account.

RemiusTA
Jul 25, 2011, 01:46 AM
3PM? That's 3AM for me. And i have no job ATM, so im absolutely free >:D

I'll def. be watching lol.

Mike, you're like an information godsend, dude.

Angelo
Jul 25, 2011, 01:57 AM
Any idea how long this is going to be? If it's going to be fairly lengthy maybe we should set up a little temporary chatroom?

RemiusTA
Jul 25, 2011, 02:22 AM
I honestly dont see it being that supar large. Im sure they'll poke just as many information holes as they'll close up...

but who cares, we get to create whole NEW topics to quarrel amongst ourselves with!

Mike
Jul 25, 2011, 02:23 AM
Any idea how long this is going to be? If it's going to be fairly lengthy maybe we should set up a little temporary chatroom?
I have asked the Twitter rappy but I don't expect a response. I've gotten a few in the past but I think the person in charge changed so I don't expect one. So, for now, it's on for as long as it'll be on.

Dragwind
Jul 25, 2011, 02:24 AM
I guess I'll have something to look forward to after my 1st job of the day.

hewitt
Jul 25, 2011, 08:54 AM
signing up for niconico is annoying -_-

Wayu
Jul 25, 2011, 09:18 AM
Japan time...so Beijing time, I'll be on a train. >.>

Someone record it? ^^;

-Wayu

Enforcer MKV
Jul 25, 2011, 09:25 AM
Bah, I won't be able to see it - checking out the Forums when I get up should be fun, though. Hope they have it posted on Youtube or something fairly quick. This should be great.

Anyone want to try and guess what kind of things they'll reveal? :D

r00tabaga
Jul 25, 2011, 09:36 AM
Bah, I won't be able to see it - checking out the Forums when I get up should be fun, though. Hope they have it posted on Youtube or something fairly quick. This should be great.

Anyone want to try and guess what kind of things they'll reveal? :D

No Mags or PMs is my guess. Something new along those lines.

Mike
Jul 25, 2011, 09:42 AM
There were some photos uploaded to the Portable 2/Infinity blog (http://ameblo.jp/phantasy-star-portable2/entry-10964933567.html) of the pamphelt they'll be handing out at the media briefing (to media types).

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1568&pictureid=22014http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1568&pictureid=22015

Presented to you in standard blog fashion. By which I mean blurry. Or rather blurred. You can see two new areas on the cover, I think. Some kind of red, perhaps firey, area and a purplish place. Looking closer, the red blur could be a dragon. It wouldn't be a ARPG Phantasy Star game without a dragon.

RenzokukenZ
Jul 25, 2011, 09:43 AM
A confirmation date to the Alpha test would be a good start.

RemiusTA
Jul 25, 2011, 09:46 AM
im starting to wonder if this is really an Alpha, lol. At this point it seems to be much farther. And they're doing a good job with the whole "pso feeling" thing. Those screenshots already look like something out of PSO, honestly.

And it's pretty damn obvious that on the first screenshot, in the Top Left corner, there is a Dragon on the screen.

Mike
Jul 25, 2011, 09:51 AM
A confirmation date to the Alpha test would be a good start.
Agree 100%. Summer is almost over. Delayed or on-schedule, I'd like to hear something of the sort.

Back to the picture, the spaceship has a rather Pioneer-ish look to it too.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 25, 2011, 09:55 AM
And it's pretty damn obvious that on the first screenshot, in the Top Left corner, there is a Dragon on the screen.

Ahh, the return of the dragon-boss. I'm happier just thinking about it. Hope we get a better picture at the briefing...

tehhaxorer
Jul 25, 2011, 09:55 AM
Agree 100%. Summer is almost over. Delayed or on-schedule, I'd like to hear something of the sort.

Back to the picture, the spaceship has a rather Pioneer-ish look to it too.

Dear god I hope Pioneer makes a return.

With a remix of the original music.

Hell, they could just include the original PSO music and I would love it.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 25, 2011, 09:58 AM
Maybe this new group finds the Pioneer wreckage, and they have to explore it? That might be interesting. See new sections, albeit, destroyed sections?

RemiusTA
Jul 25, 2011, 10:00 AM
I hope the dragon goes underground and does creative stuff again.

In fact, i hope he does something even crazier as well. He should break out of the stage you're in and force you to follow him somewhere. Or maybe destroy some of the ground under you, causing a Lava Hazard and forcing you to jump to higher ground.

or something. Please be creative like you used to, combat designer!

Edit: i always was somewhat sad that instead of going into the destroyed Pioneer 1 area in PSO (forest 2 area by the boss teleporter), you teleported underground. Me and my buddies always tried to find a secret method of getting inside that door (especially when we surprisingly found out that Ultimate Mode was completely different.)

Enforcer MKV
Jul 25, 2011, 10:04 AM
Oh, how about the dragon causes a Lava flow at the beginning of the level, and then it's a mad dash trying to stay in front of it, all the while fighting the dragon in different ways?

It could have sections when it's flying, on the gound, etc. It's a different combat experience and encourages a diverse party! :D

r00tabaga
Jul 25, 2011, 10:11 AM
As always, thx for the 411 Mike!

RemiusTA
Jul 25, 2011, 10:13 AM
Yeah, that could work.

With jumping included, i can only see very amazing things in store. I really hope the dragon is dynamic enough to not get cheesed from the start this time around. (but not necessarily ridiculous like the PSP2 dragon AI improvements, rofl)

Enforcer MKV
Jul 25, 2011, 10:16 AM
Thanks - I try to think of neat things that fans of the game might like - I'm studying to make games, so any kind of experience is a plus. :D

Totori
Jul 25, 2011, 10:23 AM
It's most likely going to last till 5pm in japan time, so it's gonna pretty long.

For Japan summer isn't almost over it's like just began 5 days ago, but I'm sure they will have something nice to see, also who wants to help me set up a chatroom if you all want we can have a group chat over MSN.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 25, 2011, 10:25 AM
Wait, so when does it start again? :-?

tehhaxorer
Jul 25, 2011, 10:37 AM
The Dragon should take you into the air extremely high and then you damage it so it drops you and falls back down with you, and you have to kill it and use its body to help you land safely...or else you go splat.

Evila
Jul 25, 2011, 10:49 AM
Here's the times for the event around the world.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=PSO2+Stream&iso=20110726T1450&p1=248

Also, signing up for a Nico account is easy if you do it through the English site.

http://www.niconico.com/

They both use the same logins, so you can create an account on the English site and use it to sign into the Japanese site.

RemiusTA
Jul 25, 2011, 11:48 AM
Into the sky? That fall would definitely kill you no matter what you landed on, save for a ton of pillows lol.

But its a videogame. I guess that'd be awesome.

BTW, if anyone needs me to record the stream, i can try to do it. It'll take up my entire harddrive, but whatever.

redroses
Jul 25, 2011, 11:54 AM
@Remius TA, if you could record the stream that would be so awesome off you! It would be very much appreciated.

Demon-
Jul 25, 2011, 12:38 PM
Since when did they make a english site? Been a couple years since the last time I was on niconico. I might use it since I forgot my old login.

lol @ all the Hatsune Miku videos on the homepage.

RemiusTA
Jul 25, 2011, 12:38 PM
Well damn, for some reason my Fraps is malfunctioning. I used to be able to record whatever i wanted, but now i cant record windows anymore....

Edit: ill make an attempt to "acquire" something by the time the feed starts. I have until the AM, but i might have places to go today....cross the fingers.

Im sure im not the only one who will try to record this, however.

r00tabaga
Jul 25, 2011, 12:49 PM
I ask that you all pray with me for SEGA to confirm a western release during this briefing Tuesday. Everything cool & exciting shown or teased will be minimized by any mention of PSO2 as Japan only. "Global servers" still give me hope but U never know!

NoiseHERO
Jul 25, 2011, 12:58 PM
NICO Douga has always been a hatsune miku breeding ground... ]:

Also if the Rockbear has the ability to throw us, I'm gonna assume ANY boss should be able to wreck some interesting havoc...

I hope.

Dre_o
Jul 25, 2011, 01:02 PM
Hmm...well I should be able to record the briefing, but I'd like to find some verification saying that it would be legal and what not.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 25, 2011, 01:03 PM
I ask that you all pray with me for SEGA to confirm a western release during this briefing Tuesday. Everything cool & exciting shown or teased will be minimized by any mention of PSO2 as Japan only. "Global servers" still give me hope but U never know!

I don't think you should worry, bud; afterall, I don't think Sega would abandon their western fans like that. Like you said, "Global Servers."

Oh, and praying is against my belief, so I can't help. :lol:

(J/K, please no flame me. ^^;)

NoiseHERO
Jul 25, 2011, 01:07 PM
I don't think we should have to worry about a US/EU release...

I think Ruby slightly hinted at it(though a lot of people don't trust him or something)

Though I wouldn't be surprised if it's not talked about in this interview...

r00tabaga
Jul 25, 2011, 01:09 PM
I don't think you should worry, bud; afterall, I don't think Sega would abandon their western fans like that. Like you said, "Global Servers."

Oh, and praying is against my belief, so I can't help. :lol:

(J/K, please no flame me. ^^;)

I'm atheist, U won't get flamed by me! I think the whole 10 year anniversary celebration would be dumb if it didn't include hunters & guardians from all across the globe.

RemiusTA
Jul 25, 2011, 01:13 PM
I doubt we'll get a western release announcement this time around. There's no reason to, it's being shown exclusively to the japanese. Honestly, after the way Edward came and told us Sega's view on PSU, im actually once again (stupidly) paranoid for a western release. That was just a really disturbing announcement.

And i already found a program (lol), and i guess ill try to record it unless something comes up again. I dont know if it's legal or not....but who cares, honestly. If they make me take it down, i'll just take it down.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 25, 2011, 01:19 PM
I doubt we'll get a western release announcement this time around. There's no reason to, it's being shown exclusively to the japanese. Honestly, after the way Edward came and told us Sega's view on PSU, im actually once again (stupidly) paranoid for a western release. That was just a really disturbing announcement.

And i already found a program (lol), and i guess ill try to record it unless something comes up again. I dont know if it's legal or not....but who cares, honestly. If they make me take it down, i'll just take it down.

Er....I feel like I'm going to regret this....but what DID Edward say were Sega's views on PSU? ^^;

NoiseHERO
Jul 25, 2011, 01:23 PM
Yeah but, PSU was mostly THEIR fault. D;

t3hVeG
Jul 25, 2011, 01:35 PM
Can't wait to finally get some (somewhat) solid info, maybe a little info on what planet system the game will take place in (since it was already said not to be set in either the Ragol or Gurhal systems). The character creation portion has me interested too since they could possibly show us how the class system works. (though I'm hoping it's like PSPo2's and not like PSO's)

Anyone expecting a western announcement at a Japanese media briefing is just silly, just plain silly. :p

Tetsaru
Jul 25, 2011, 01:36 PM
I just made a Niconico account, hope this'll be worth watching. :D

Aumi
Jul 25, 2011, 01:39 PM
I'll definitely watch it. Luckily I have gotten used to staying up that late (8:00 AM)...

RemiusTA
Jul 25, 2011, 01:56 PM
Er....I feel like I'm going to regret this....but what DID Edward say were Sega's views on PSU? ^^;

When asked "when do we get all the wonderful content shown on the PSUJP version", their answer was "dont ask us about PSUJP, Xbox360 is not meant to be a copy of PSUJP, and is treated as a different version". So, instead of what they USED to say in the past "we're working on it", instead it has now changed into "PSUJP is now classified as a completely different game, we aren't obliged to supply you with its content". This is obviously BS, as there is absolutely no content on PSU360 that is not on PSUJP.

In laymen's terms, they're telling PSUXbox players to not look forward to any content shown on PSUJP, and are calling PSU360, basically, an inferior version of the game. This would probably work, if PSUJP wasn't such an absolutely obvious reality to anyone who plays PSU360. They simply do not care to put in the time to supply the game with its updates, for whatever reason they have.

It makes me lose a ton of respect for them as a company, as that's an absolutely shitty thing to say to your fans. And it really shows how little respect they have for the US/EU running versions of PSU.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 25, 2011, 02:01 PM
When asked "when do we get all the wonderful content shown on the PSUJP version", their answer was "dont ask us about PSUJP, Xbox360 is not meant to be a copy of PSUJP, and is treated as a different version". So, instead of what they USED to say in the past "we're working on it", instead it has now changed into "PSUJP is now classified as a completely different game, we aren't obliged to supply you with its content". This is obviously BS, as there is absolutely no content on PSU360 that is not on PSUJP.

In laymen's terms, they're telling PSUXbox players to not look forward to any content shown on PSUJP, and are calling PSU360, basically, an inferior version of the game. This would probably work, if PSUJP wasn't such an absolutely obvious reality to anyone who plays PSU360.

That's a bit of a jerk move.....Oi, well, let's just hope that they fix their mistake with PSO2. If it's a global server, they have no excuse not to update us like they should!

Mega Ultra Chicken
Jul 25, 2011, 02:59 PM
That's a bit of a jerk move.....Oi, well, let's just hope that they fix their mistake with PSO2. If it's a global server, they have no excuse not to update us like they should!

Couldn't they just make a global server and create channels/ships/etc. designed with different parts of the world in mind? They could have sets of channels for the US, Europe, and Japan. Nobody would be restricted by country, but the channels would indicate where players in your country can be found.

But then again, I'm not exactly sure of the cost of a global server in comparison to a number of local servers.

chaos-shadow
Jul 25, 2011, 04:42 PM
I'm pretty excited for this... I think it'll be around 10 P.M. my time, so maybe I'll dust off my niconico and see what's up... even if I can't understand, I'm hoping to at least see some footage to make me go "oohhh".

r00tabaga
Jul 25, 2011, 04:50 PM
I'm pretty excited for this... I think it'll be around 10 P.M. my time, so maybe I'll dust off my niconico and see what's up... even if I can't understand, I'm hoping to at least see some footage to make me go "oohhh".

It will be 2 am NY-time so I'll be hitting up YouTube Wednesday morning.
.....or PSO-World

Enforcer MKV
Jul 25, 2011, 04:53 PM
It will be 2 am NY-time so I'll be hitting up YouTube Wednesday morning.
.....or PSO-World

I'm in Maryland, so I'll be doing the same. I'm getting antsy...what's this? A conveniently placed DS! and what's in it?.....Oh, my, It's PS0! -preoccupied- :lol:

Mike
Jul 25, 2011, 06:44 PM
Japan time...so Beijing time, I'll be on a train. >.>

Someone record it? ^^;
If the Great Firewall of China allows you to view Niconico, just time shift it. That's what I'll be doing. I've got to be at a training session during the broadcast so that's what I'll be doing.

BIG OLAF
Jul 25, 2011, 06:56 PM
So, just in case I decide to stay up anyway, despite the fact that I really shouldn't:

Once you make a Niconico account, all you have to do is click on that link Mike posted in the first post, and that will bring you right to the video?

Mike
Jul 25, 2011, 07:16 PM
Once you make a Niconico account, all you have to do is click on that link Mike posted in the first post, and that will bring you right to the video?
The link is the entrance to the stream. Once 2:50pm rolls around in Japan, the doors on the page will open. Clicking on the open ones will take you to the video itself.

BIG OLAF
Jul 25, 2011, 07:19 PM
The link is the entrance to the stream. Once 2:50pm rolls around in Japan, the doors on the page will open. Clicking on the open ones will take you to the video itself.

Ok, thanks. Hope I can figure out which button to click.

•Col•
Jul 25, 2011, 07:25 PM
Ok, thanks. Hope I can figure out which button to click.

Click them all. :3c

Zyrusticae
Jul 25, 2011, 08:00 PM
5:50 AM over here...

Sigh. I hope someone records it or something! D:

ShadowDragon28
Jul 25, 2011, 08:05 PM
is there an english sign-up page for NicoNico? Link please?

Zipzo
Jul 25, 2011, 08:05 PM
Could someone explain to me what exactly the purpose of this "briefing" is? Like are they revealing it just to the media, or is this for the public, or like...what is the purpose behind this event when they could just publish everything in to a magazine or throw it up on a website.

BIG OLAF
Jul 25, 2011, 08:07 PM
is there an english sign-up page for NicoNico? Link please?

Read the topic:

Also, signing up for a Nico account is easy if you do it through the English site.

http://www.niconico.com/

They both use the same logins, so you can create an account on the English site and use it to sign into the Japanese site.

blace
Jul 25, 2011, 08:09 PM
Could someone explain to me what exactly the purpose of this "briefing" is? Like are they revealing it just to the media, or is this for the public, or like...what is the purpose behind this event when they could just publish everything in to a magazine or throw it up on a website.
If it's like previous briefing events, they'll showcase some actual gameplay done by testers and reveal what might be available during the alpha testing. Probably announce something else too, seeing word of mouth can be spread rather quickly.

Vashyron
Jul 25, 2011, 08:12 PM
Specifically: http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-media-briefing-schedule/

What can you expect? Well for one he will introduce portions of the system in the alpha test, and finally revealing the character creation portion, along with a realtime demonstration of the game. After the media briefing, the press will be able to play the game.

Caeruleus
Jul 25, 2011, 08:30 PM
I'm hoping to be able to record this as a backup for anyone who might encounter problems with it. The more people recording it the better the odds of a good copy coming out of it.

I can't wait until we see what they have in store.

BIG OLAF
Jul 25, 2011, 08:34 PM
Ah, it says that they'll finally be revealing the character creation portion of PSO2. Guess I'll find out tonight whether or not PSO2 will be a "buy on release" title for me.

Angelo
Jul 25, 2011, 08:37 PM
Ah, it says that they'll finally be revealing the character creation portion of PSO2. Guess I'll find out tonight whether or not PSO2 will be a "buy on release" title for me.

Aaah!

I'm pretty excited now!

Caeruleus
Jul 25, 2011, 08:41 PM
What would be the New York time to for this to start? I'm a little impatient and I fear I might mess up when trying to record this. ^^'

BIG OLAF
Jul 25, 2011, 08:42 PM
What would be the New York time to for this to start? I'm a little impatient and I fear I might mess up when trying to record this. ^^'

3:00 AM is when it officially starts, but I think Mike said the link will open at 2:50 AM.

NoiseHERO
Jul 25, 2011, 08:43 PM

This...

and now you got me gettin' kinda scared...

Tetsaru
Jul 25, 2011, 08:44 PM

If I read correctly, for Eastern time, it'd be 1:50 AM.

Caeruleus
Jul 25, 2011, 08:45 PM
3:00 AM is when it officially starts, but I think Mike said the link will open at 2:50 AM.

Thanks Olaf ^^ and I too am going to gauge whether or not to buy on release from this press release. I'm not going to fully base it off this though, there are other aspects I am concerned about.

EDIT: Well now, 1:50 or 3:00 AM? That is quite the time difference gentlefolk.

BIG OLAF
Jul 25, 2011, 08:48 PM
I thought that it was a 12 hour time difference between Japan and the US East Coast?

r00tabaga
Jul 25, 2011, 08:48 PM

Rrrrrrrright. Everyone here is buying the game. We wouldn't be checking screens & info if we weren't excited. Some of us are buying gaming PC's just for this one game.
So if they don't have bikinis you're done??? Wow!

Demon-
Jul 25, 2011, 08:51 PM
Character creation screens are always something I look forward to.

BIG OLAF
Jul 25, 2011, 08:51 PM
So if they don't have bikinis you're done??? Wow!

That's not what I said, was it? A large chunk of my enjoyment in RPG-type games comes from a good, in-depth character customization system. Bikinis don't have anything to do with it. I think you need to work on your reading comprehension.

Also, I didn't say I was never going to get the game. I just said that it wouldn't be a priority based on whether or not the customization features suck.

EDIT: Oh, and I looked it up. I was mistaken. Japan is a 13-hour time difference, if I'm reading it right. For some reason, it's confusing me.

Caeruleus
Jul 25, 2011, 08:57 PM
That's not what I said, was it? A large chunk of my enjoyment in RPG-type games comes from a good, in-depth character customization system. Bikinis don't have anything to do with it. I think you need to work on your reading comprehension.

Also, I didn't say I was never going to get the game. I just said that it wouldn't be a priority based on whether or not the customization features suck.

I actually agree with that. A character in an RPG needs to be able to be customized so that you can have the full immersion into the fantasy world. And to me Phantasy Star is one of those RPGs where it is most necessary to have customization to make it feel right when you play it.

r00tabaga
Jul 25, 2011, 09:05 PM

EDIT: Oh, and I looked it up. I was mistaken. Japan is a 13-hour time difference, if I'm reading it right. For some reason, it's confusing me.

Nobody wants to play an ARPG with 1,000 clones running around so i understand why "more customization" was a key feature. I just hope it's done wisely. Either way I'm buying Day 1 & am impressed enuff with the default PSOish models.
Don't take it personal Olaf. =)

Zyrusticae
Jul 25, 2011, 09:16 PM
ACCURACY CHECK TIME.

Japan is UTC +9.
US East Coast is UTC -5.

That's a sixteen hour time difference. UTC +5 is in the realm of, oh, around western India.

So 2:50 PM in Japan is (flip to AM, add four hours) 6:50 AM on the East Coast.

Edit: Okay, hold on, this is REALLY CONFUSING.

I need to check multiple sources. Gimme a few.

Edit #2: Y'know what? Screw this. Absolutely none of my sources are consistent with each other. One shows a 13-hour time difference, another 14, and just going by UTC gives me a 16-hour time difference.

WTF, world?! Why can't you be consistent?!

Edit #3: Oh, bloody hell. Apparently I can't do basic arithmetic. 14 hours is correct, but then you have to account for daylight savings time, which changes it to a 13-hour difference.

Or something like that.

I hate time.

blace
Jul 25, 2011, 09:21 PM
As of this the it is currently 11:21am in Japan. You have 4 hours and 29 minutes to get prepared.

r00tabaga
Jul 25, 2011, 09:30 PM
As of this the it is currently 11:21am in Japan. You have 4 hours and 29 minutes to get prepared.

Or just go to bed & wake up to a million positive & negative posts and duplicate threads, complete w/video.

ShadowDragon28
Jul 25, 2011, 09:33 PM
on the NicoNico JP site, there's something about "closed entrance" and "Open entrance, Premium". I hope that doesn't mean one has to have a "Premium account" just to "enter" the live streaming page.... :/

Evila
Jul 25, 2011, 09:35 PM
Free users can watch too.

And for anyone still confused about what time it starts where you live, I posted this link back on page 4.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=PSO2+Stream&iso=20110726T1450&p1=248

blace
Jul 25, 2011, 09:35 PM
on the NicoNico JP site, there's something about "closed entrance" and "Open entrance, Premium". I hope that doesn't mean one has to have a "Premium account" just to "enter" the live streaming page.... :/
Premium accounts get first priority to the viewing, free accounts get second to none in that. Better hope you have a fast finger and that no one beats you to it.

BIG OLAF
Jul 25, 2011, 09:39 PM
Premium accounts get first priority to the viewing, free accounts get second to none in that. Better hope you have a fast finger and that no one beats you to it.

So the video is going to have a "maximum capacity" for viewers? That's stupid as hell. Oh, well. Time to fight for a spot, I guess.

Caeruleus
Jul 25, 2011, 09:50 PM
ACCURACY CHECK TIME.

Japan is UTC +9.
US East Coast is UTC -5.

That's a sixteen hour time difference. UTC +5 is in the realm of, oh, around western India.

Edit #2: Y'know what? Screw this. Absolutely none of my sources are consistent with each other. One shows a 13-hour time difference, another 14, and just going by UTC gives me a 16-hour time difference.

Edit #3: Oh, bloody hell. Apparently I can't do basic arithmetic. 14 hours is correct, but then you have to account for daylight savings time, which changes it to a 13-hour difference.

Or something like that.

I hate time.

I too hate time. I ended up using my cell phone's time converter to figure it out ^^ hopefully I'm not wrong...either way I'm sure I am not the only person who will attempt to record. But still multiple sources could make things more accountable.

RemiusTA
Jul 25, 2011, 10:13 PM
ACCURACY CHECK TIME.

Japan is UTC +9.
US East Coast is UTC -5.

Or something like that.

I hate time.

Dude...just google what time it is in Tokyo and count down the difference...

NoiseHERO
Jul 25, 2011, 10:13 PM
WHO??

Angelo
Jul 25, 2011, 10:14 PM
The page itself says the doors open in 2 hours and 36 minutes from right now.

RemiusTA
Jul 25, 2011, 10:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGMFmMu0JCo

Cinnamon Roll
Jul 25, 2011, 10:55 PM
I likely won't be able to watch this, but I'll likely be here to see what was said and all.

One thing I'm really concerned about is the character creation/customization, as everything else looked fine to me in the last teaser/trailer. 'Course, I also wonder how big the parties are...darn it, I'm wondering about pretty much everything ultimately. ._.

hewitt
Jul 25, 2011, 10:56 PM
I wonder if you're already on the page before the stream goes live, does that count as being one of the viewers?

RemiusTA
Jul 25, 2011, 10:56 PM
Well rats, i spent all this time looking forward to recording this, now i doubt i'll even get in the stream.

Hopefully others can get into it, though. My internet connection is ass, so i would likely have hiccups anyway.

Caeruleus
Jul 25, 2011, 10:59 PM
Is anyone else here going to attempt to get in and record it?

BIG OLAF
Jul 25, 2011, 11:17 PM
I hope to high hell someone records it, because (if Google is translating this right) only 30 "Premium Members" and only a measly 10 "general members" will be permitted to watch the stream. What the hell, that's like...nothing.

Rawr
Jul 25, 2011, 11:18 PM
I was gonna try but I can't figure out how to register for it and I don't think I have the necessary stuff for it. I tried to find if anyone had a livestream going of it but I couldn't find anything.

Edit: Oh, I guess in light of the above its no wonder.

Cinnamon Roll
Jul 25, 2011, 11:25 PM
Wow...that's not a lot of people...

チキン
Jul 25, 2011, 11:44 PM
I hope to high hell someone records it, because (if Google is translating this right) only 30 "Premium Members" and only a measly 10 "general members" will be permitted to watch the stream. What the hell, that's like...nothing.

where you see that? no mention here

EspioKaos
Jul 25, 2011, 11:49 PM
That's just the number of programs you can reserve for later viewing with the time shift feature.

BIG OLAF
Jul 25, 2011, 11:58 PM
That's just the number of programs you can reserve for later viewing with the time shift feature.

Oh, ok. Thanks for clarifying, because that was weirding me out.

RemiusTA
Jul 26, 2011, 12:01 AM
Yeah i was literally about to go to sleep lol

I was about to say, who the hell does sega think they are

チキン
Jul 26, 2011, 12:07 AM
Yeah i was literally about to go to sleep lol

I was about to say, who the hell does sega think they are

why they post on website if only small number

RemiusTA
Jul 26, 2011, 12:34 AM
alright, about 15 minutes left!

BIG OLAF
Jul 26, 2011, 12:35 AM
alright, about 15 minutes left!

Get ready to mash that F5 key.

Malachite
Jul 26, 2011, 12:36 AM
So... anyone have any tips on making a Niconico account? Pretty difficult when you can't read japanese.

•Col•
Jul 26, 2011, 12:37 AM
my body is ready

BIG OLAF
Jul 26, 2011, 12:37 AM
So... anyone have any tips on making a Niconico account? Pretty difficult when you can't read japanese.

www.niconico.com. English accounts work on the Japanese site.

RemiusTA
Jul 26, 2011, 12:39 AM
It updates in realtime lol, i dont think we'll have to. Im using the world clock for tokyo anyway.

Tetsaru
Jul 26, 2011, 12:42 AM
A friend and I are getting ready to watch it too. Hope this turns out awesome. :D

Malachite
Jul 26, 2011, 12:44 AM
www.niconico.com. English accounts work on the Japanese site.

Thanks man. Alright, I managed to log in... now I assume what I'm waiting for, is this little yellow button with the blue clock on it?

SoSxDagg3r89
Jul 26, 2011, 12:45 AM
Now's another one of those times that I wish I went through with those Japanese language classes in high school...

ZER0 DX
Jul 26, 2011, 12:45 AM
5 minutes to go, been waiting on this screen for over 4 hours.

Angelo
Jul 26, 2011, 12:46 AM
Hah, I'm excited!

Yeah, this is the most enthusiasm you'll get out of me

RemiusTA
Jul 26, 2011, 12:48 AM
i see it opens at 14:50 and another number says 15:00.

Does that mean it closes too?

Also, Inb4 we're waiting for years before they get to anything good like on the PSP2i grand prix

ZER0 DX
The anticipation is killing me.

Vashyron
It means at 14:50 doors open, 15:00 video starts.

hewitt
Jul 26, 2011, 12:49 AM
Says opening soon? does that mean we wait or click something?

EDIT: lol oops, question answered already

chaos-shadow
Jul 26, 2011, 12:50 AM
A quick search brings this guide up.

http://asiajin.com/blog/2008/09/14/english-guide-for-nico-nico-douga-part-1-how-to-register/

Going to sign in to NicoNico right now. : )

SoSxDagg3r89
I'm in!

RemiusTA
annddddd im in.

Gonna have to keep the window still for recording nao :D

BTW loving the piano music. Fuck i hope this is in the game.

Edit: BTW, for what im recording, im going to remove the scrolling comments from the screen.

Im sure the event wont start until 15:00.

ShadowDragon28
In the words of Kevin Flynn... I got in.

ZER0 DX
Jul 26, 2011, 12:51 AM
In as well, digging the somber piano music.

•Col•
Im in as well :D

Tetsaru
I'm in, waiting for the video to start now...

Caeruleus
I'm super ready for this!

Malachite
Is this song from the game? (like anyone knows)

If it is, I APPROVE.

shit i got ninja'd like 5 times.

MAXrobo
Whoopeee i'm in!

Angelo
Jul 26, 2011, 12:52 AM
Music reminds me of something by Ryuichi Sakamoto.

Nice stuff.

SgtKingKong
Jul 26, 2011, 12:52 AM
I'm in as well. Those chat comments floating on the video are going to be annoying, any way to turn them off?

Malachite
Jul 26, 2011, 12:54 AM
Click the button on the bottom that says COMMENT.

RemiusTA
okay now its obvious this isnt PSO music.

Wonderful elevator music though. Very tasteful.

And it seems like a ton of people are in. I dont think anyone's gonna have a problem viewing this.

Angelo
I'm in as well. Those chat comments floating on the video are going to be annoying, any way to turn them off?

There should be a little picture of a kiwibird with a music note that says 'comment', click it to toggle comments off.

SgtKingKong
Jul 26, 2011, 12:55 AM
Ahh, much better now. Thanks!

ZER0 DX
okay now its obvious this isnt PSO music.

Wonderful elevator music though. Very tasteful.

And it seems like a ton of people are in. I dont think anyone's gonna have a problem viewing this.

Yeah, only the first song seemed fitting though.

•Col•

Yeah there's a "COMMENT" button under the video. Click it.

EDIT: And Im way too late.

RemiusTA
Jul 26, 2011, 12:56 AM
Just looking at this stream...

It's obvious how much more advanced Nico is than Youtube. I think it's time we upgraded, honestly.

Edit: Should be starting in about 4. Everyone ready to end existing arguments and start ENTIRELY new ones!

I hope it makes me giggle like a fangirl, haven't done that in a while.

Malachite
Jul 26, 2011, 12:57 AM
How the hell do you chat in there? Lol I can't find anywhere to type.

Oh nevermind... got it.

RemiusTA
Jul 26, 2011, 12:58 AM
im going to ignore typing messages. Just in case some Gaijin haters find a way to boot me off.

Completely unlikely, but with luck like mine, i take no chances.

And where did my neat piano music go.

MAXrobo
Jul 26, 2011, 12:59 AM
i miss the piano music now that its gone :(

Malachite
Jul 26, 2011, 12:59 AM
Yeah, I was enjoying that too. Tried to record it, and failed.

RemiusTA
Jul 26, 2011, 01:00 AM
How to type? I see Tetsaru in, but im not clicking anything with all these moonrunes everywhere lol

Angelo
Jul 26, 2011, 01:00 AM
Here we go, kids.

hewitt
Jul 26, 2011, 01:01 AM
It's the box to the left of the Twitter icon

Malachite
Jul 26, 2011, 01:01 AM
Remi, just click that longish box under Sound, and press enter after typing

lol moonrunes

ShadowDragon28
Jul 26, 2011, 01:02 AM
this is like waiting for a Panel to begin in Hall H at SDComicCon... ^_^

RemiusTA
Jul 26, 2011, 01:02 AM
holy jesus, it's completely silent in there....

Malachite
Jul 26, 2011, 01:04 AM
Yes, yes it is. Does anyone know how to enter their name?

MAXrobo
Jul 26, 2011, 01:05 AM
Stuff is happening!!! OMG

Malachite
Jul 26, 2011, 01:05 AM
Nice, nice music.

chrisy05
Jul 26, 2011, 01:07 AM
Any Japanese speakers here willing to translate?

Kion
Jul 26, 2011, 01:09 AM
I was planning on watching it as I'm in school right now. But the computer I'm on doesn't have flash. Fuk this.

RemiusTA
Jul 26, 2011, 01:11 AM
Forget everything you people know about PSO and PSU.

This shit is out there, man. And boy am i happy.

Anon_Fire
Holy Sh**, the character creation options have definitely expanded.

Malachite
That video had sooooo much new information, my brain could barely process it all. One of the many things I noticed though is that characters still have voices, and they didnt sound half bad.

Also, sweet @ the dragon returning.

And yeah, character creation looks pretty good.

pikachief
idk judging by the video, it didn't look like the other characters were NPCs like other people have predicted :P

SgtKingKong
Jul 26, 2011, 01:12 AM
That video montage was just beautiful.

Malachite
Jul 26, 2011, 01:15 AM
They just showed a HUmar using an obvious saber.... so that's cool. The cut in chat now shows your actual character now, as they're moving through the game.

Also, GUNBLADES YA.

SgtKingKong
Jul 26, 2011, 01:24 AM
Was anyone able to catch how the 12 man parties occured? It seemed like a special mission.

Also, the character customiztion is downright rediculous.

MAXrobo
Jul 26, 2011, 01:30 AM
0.o that character creation is nuts!

ZER0 DX
Jul 26, 2011, 01:30 AM
The character customization is insanely in depth, I'm amazed.

Rawr
Jul 26, 2011, 01:32 AM
This character creation system is just so amazing haha. The moustache'd dude on that tiny little body is HILARIOUS.

t3hVeG
Jul 26, 2011, 01:37 AM
Of course there is a breast customization option, I wouldn't expect less from the Phantasy Star staff! XD

Anon_Fire
I think PSO2 has surpassed both PSO and PSU.

Kion
anyone want to post screen shots?

I'm sitting in class bored out of my mind sitting in front of a computer that can't freaking play flash! This sucks.

Malachite
Jul 26, 2011, 01:38 AM
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Am I the only one who got lockedout?

I did, and reentered the site, and it worked fine.

The character editor is AMAZING.

hewitt
Jul 26, 2011, 01:39 AM
Thank goodness lol

BIG OLAF
Jul 26, 2011, 01:40 AM
Well....

...I'm sold.

AzureBlaze
Jul 26, 2011, 01:40 AM
I can't stand reading all the 'yay'! Without seeing it!
Screeeeeenshots please! Anyone?

Charcreate is among my top fave things and if they're spamming awesome shots of it, I've got to take a look. I guess I don't mind stills really, so long as there's screenshots to really analyze what's going on. Even pushing "Print Scrn" button and then pasting it in here could work.

chrisy05
Jul 26, 2011, 01:41 AM
Anyone record this?

Malachite
Jul 26, 2011, 01:42 AM
Not shots, video, bro. lol They showed the entire creation of three characters.

t3hVeG
You can stop all the text scrolling on the screen by clicking the "comment" button on the player. (in between the volume and window buttons)

EggandI
Is someone recording all of this?

Malachite
Jul 26, 2011, 01:43 AM
I'm SURE it will be on youtube quite soon. It's over, now. It was awesome as fuck.

hewitt
Jul 26, 2011, 01:43 AM
Sorry, they're off it now, but the customization included like eye size/shape, height, ear size/shape. it looked like 3x better than even psu's customization

Also: Unlike pso's class clothes, you get different clothes options

•Col•
Jul 26, 2011, 01:44 AM
Uh... Wow... Kinda blown away by all this new info....

Game looks even better than I pictured it (and I was already expecting it to be awesome)....

Anon_Fire
Ok, I am definitly sold.

chrisy05
I sure do hope someone was nice enough to translate all that. plox

Dre_o
Wow. Absolutely worth being up. Now sleep will be difficult. Thanks Sega, thanks.

t3hVeG
Jul 26, 2011, 01:45 AM
Eh, it was ok, I would have liked to see a bit more gameplay. (though I did like the character creator, I would like to get my hands on that and see what I could make.... especially with male casts)

BIG OLAF
I find it funny how they spent a good 7-8 minutes on the male character (from a midget Hitler, to a fat black guy), and only about 45 seconds on the female character (all they did was mess with the breast size, haha....which is most of what I wanted to see :-P).

But, the creation is so in-depth, I could spend hours....and probably will.

iBaylin
The character creation is godly. I must get this game.

Aumi
Jul 26, 2011, 01:46 AM
Damn, that was great. So looking forward to designing a character. The character creation was far more extensive than I expected. Disappointed that they didn't show customization on a RAcaseal, though...

RemiusTA
1) Probably the best anime character creator anyone is going to see. It's like they walked in here, read our complaints about their failure to create other races, and in response they spend most of the character creation time building a black guy. Blew me away.

Unfortunally, my stream effed up pretty bad during what the most important for me -- the explanation of "hybrid custom action".

I recorded in fragments, and unfortunally i think i made a mistake fullscreening it before recording it, because i dont know how bad youtube compression is going to rape me. But ill try to show what i can.

And they didn't spend much time on the Female character because it probably would have looked extremely perverted.

They gave you almost complete control of everything, it's ridiculous.

ShadowDragon28
*brain explodes* I.. just wet myself.

Um. Everything looks AMAZING. *shead a tear* please gib Mags Sakai Sama, plz?

Syl
I believe there was something related to all that 8 spam and someone commenting with "8月" meaning next month. This was mentioned when he was talking about the Alpha test, but I wasn't able to catch much of what he was saying. I'd sure hope that it was released next month.

Malachite
Jul 26, 2011, 01:47 AM
Eh, it was ok, I would have liked to see a bit more gameplay. (though I did like the character creator, I would like to get my hands on that and see what I could make.... especially with male casts)

What are you on? They showed like 10 minutes of gameplay.

DemonMike
Unfortunally, my stream effed up pretty bad during what the most important for me -- the explanation of "hybrid custom action".

Exactly the same here.. ah well, some one's bound to post more info regarding it.

Also, did any one else understand the part of OPEN BETA? I really hope I didn't miss anything key there, but that would be sweet!

NiteShadow
No release date >_>

cosmos-169
Jul 26, 2011, 01:48 AM
http://www.celestialdamnation.com//junk/giantheadbecauseyoucan.png

lol

Angelo
The bulk of that was very, very impressive. The character creator has pretty much sold me.

My only complaint was the 'choppy' character animations within big parties, reminded me a lot of PSU's animation blips.

It's still only alpha though!

t3hVeG
What are you on? They showed like 10 minutes of gameplay.

I need more D:

BIG OLAF
Jul 26, 2011, 01:50 AM
And they didn't spend much time on the Female character because it probably would have looked extremely perverted.

They gave you almost complete control of everything, it's ridiculous.

Damn straight. That dude was making her boobies go up, down, and side to side. It was hilarious. I could tell that Sakai was having a slightly difficult time not laughing.

Touka
Breast customization that rivals a certain companies hentai games=huge game sales.In all seriousness though the customization was impressive to say the least.And like I thought Forces have chargeable techs.

Rawr
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v616/Cloudimus/PSOLOL.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v616/Cloudimus/PSOLOL2.png

This is all I have. Was too busy watching, but it made me laugh.

SoSxDagg3r89
Looks absolutely amazing. All I wanted to know what it was about the open beta test after TGS or something like that.

Caeruleus
My god....I didn't expect this at all. It was so amazing...I captured the video and I'll post a link to it when I upload it. It might not be in best shape since I'm not on my personal computer at the moment.

But my lord. That customization blew me away. The game play was amazing. I'm looking forward to this indefinitely.

EDIT: Nevermind...my frame rate for my footage is terrible. To make it worse it has no sound :( Sorry hopefully someone else will have it up?

hewitt
Jul 26, 2011, 01:52 AM
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201107/images/00047317/MO24V74AwP2uvt715juOu69PN9REdRFZ.html

MAXrobo
so what where they talking about with the party merge thing?

pikachief
no beasts makes me sad. not cuz i wanted beasts, but because i specifically wanted MY female beast hahaha I guess she'll just have to be a human X.x

NiteShadow
I can't wait to see the force stuff :<

BIG OLAF
Oh, yeah. I forgot that I saw the FOcast.

chrisy05
Jul 26, 2011, 01:53 AM
Breast customization that rivals a certain companies hentai games=huge game sales.In all seriousness though the customization was impressive to say the least.And like I thought Forces have chargeable techs.

so the techs work much like they do in ps0? Charge foie to get gifoie?

Tyreek
Something I learned tonight...

I can have a tattoo.

This game will be mine.

Zero2k5
Was absolutely Amazing! I was very impressed by everything that they showed and mentioned (Even if I couldn't understand any of it =P) Seriously wanted this game nao. Character customization was Epic! There's so much to mess with, I'm sure we're all gonna loads of fun messing around with toon creation once this game is out. Still in alpha and I gotta say, looks very good so far. Can't wait for moar. :D

RemiusTA
Im surprised nobody is orgasming over the fact the Racaseal FLOATS over terrain, and the fact that FORCES CAN TELEPORT.

chaos-shadow
Jul 26, 2011, 01:54 AM
Quite amazing. They did spend a lot of time on character customization, but I was really surprised just how much new information they showed at this briefing! And here I was expecting an announcement on alpha, maybe another new video with tidbits of gameplay, and then a thank you.

It looks like maybe that 12 person party is only at certain parts of missions, like right before a boss? Need translation...

And yes, I also heard open beta. Awesome!

Character customization is crazy in-depth. I mean... eye slant... arm length... ears on newmans! Did anyone else see... was that 5 character slots available maybe?

I really hope there are a lot of nice environment types, since they spent a lot of time on the forested field, and a few glimpses at the dragon battle in the lava type field.

ttdestroy
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201107/images/00047317/MO24V74AwP2uvt715juOu69PN9REdRFZ.html

Thanks, I just barely missed the stream, I hope someone has the vid soon.

BIG OLAF
Im surprised nobody is orgasming over the fact the Racaseal FLOATS over terrain, and the fact that FORCES CAN TELEPORT.

Don't care 'bout that right now!

I will spend hours in the customization screen. All of you guys will be level 25+ before I even finish making my goddamn character.

Dracheseele
Jul 26, 2011, 01:55 AM
The twin grapple blades are pretty snazzy, I expect to see lots of Kratos.

As said before, character customization is tremendous. Biggest reveal so far I'd say.

RemiusTA
Jul 26, 2011, 01:55 AM
fixing one up as we speak. removing all the bullshit.

ttdestroy
Jul 26, 2011, 01:56 AM
I will spend hours in the customization screen. All of you guys will be level 25+ before I even finish making my goddamn character.

LOL, I have a feeling this will shut up a lot of the PSO2 haters I've seen on a few forums.

hewitt
Jul 26, 2011, 01:57 AM
so the techs work much like they do in ps0? Charge foie to get gifoie?

No it's like charge foie to get stronger foie :D

Caeruleus
Jul 26, 2011, 01:58 AM

My nervous system is overloaded right now. I'm pretty sure once the jet lag is over my pants will be most moist.

To the topic, the Rockbear grabbing the poor hunter and crushing him in midair, then tossing him away is something I thought people would be orgasming over.

Immovable One
Jul 26, 2011, 01:58 AM
Soooo.... anyone noticed the character creation screen has Xbox360 Power Buttons?

Malachite
Jul 26, 2011, 01:59 AM
You mean... the universal power symbol for everything ever? lol

chaos-shadow
Jul 26, 2011, 02:00 AM
Oh, and the person who asked about the 888888's... it's the Japanese internet slang for applause. 8 = hachi which sounds similar to the sound effect for clapping, pachi.

Also, the wwwww is how we do "lol", short for warau or laugh.

Zero2k5
So, will there be all races (Newmans, Human, Casts) for all classes? Not sure if I saw Cast Force in character creation ( I thought I did atleast ) Would be interesting though to have casts using techs :D Can anyone comfirm or am I just crazy? O.o

Angelo
no beasts makes me sad. not cuz i wanted beasts, but because i specifically wanted MY female beast hahaha I guess she'll just have to be a human X.x

I wanted beasts too, but then I realized it's probably for the best to prevent you from the usual evil you do.

BIG OLAF
So, will there be all races (Newmans, Human, Casts) for all classes? Not sure if I saw Cast Force in character creation ( I thought I did atleast ) Would be interesting though to have casts using techs :D Can anyone comfirm or am I just crazy? O.o

Yes, there was a FOcast. I saw it, too.

ttdestroy
Jul 26, 2011, 02:01 AM
Soooo.... anyone noticed the character creation screen has Xbox360 Power Buttons?

Please don't go around spreading those rumors, last thing we need are those console-only guys in here lol.

Malachite
HEY GUYS.

Look at this fuckin' badassery.

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201107/images/00047317/rPQ2Ag3Nsx46v5RF1BB56GPN2ml23ZN3.html

yaaaa

ttdestroy, he was just mistaken lol. He saw the universal power symbol and thought 'OMG 360 O.O', when really, that symbol is used on just about EVERYTHING, including PS3.

t3hVeG

Correct, the cast was even holding a staff. So yeah Cast Forces are pretty much confirmed. :p

Kent
Jul 26, 2011, 02:03 AM
The game looks good and the action looks pretty solid... But I really wish we could get some confirmation as to whether or not people can cast techniques without having a rod (or similar weapon) equipped. If only to put those worries to rest, so I can focus on how good everything else is looking.

•Col•
Jul 26, 2011, 02:05 AM
So uh.... After a video is uploaded of the recorded stream... Who wants to help me gather all the new facts for the Info thread? D:

pikachief
Jul 26, 2011, 02:06 AM
I wanted beasts too, but then I realized it's probably for the best to prevent you from the usual evil you do.

oh she'll just be a human instead :) lol also forces can teleport wuuut?

•Col•
Jul 26, 2011, 02:08 AM
oh she'll just be a human instead :) lol also forces can teleport wuuut?

Yeah, there was a part in the video where it showed a Force jumping than warping a few feet ahead. It's probably just a (totally badass) animation for an air dash.

Malachite
Jul 26, 2011, 02:09 AM
So uh.... After a video is uploaded of the recorded stream... Who wants to help me gather all the new facts for the Info thread? D:

I wouldn't mind lending a hand. Something I noticed, the "section ID" symbol that may or may not actually be a section ID, changed quite a few times throughout the video.

For example:

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201107/images/00047317/vSV7UxfYcO43Os1vRqs3z217725y9i19.html

and

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201107/images/00047317/MIZOUeokR4zJrGWaseENJoCVE41OLR4R.html

No idea what it could mean yet, though.

Seth Astra
Jul 26, 2011, 02:11 AM
In the second pic you can see, in the bottom of the two boxes on the left, a collection of icons, one of which resembles the "ID" on his chest. That's quite some attention to detail. Wonder if there's any more to that, though.

Zero2k5
Jul 26, 2011, 02:11 AM

I'd like to help but heading off to bed. But when I return I expect great things from you! xD GL with gathering the info and comfirming everything. I'll be cruising the PSO2 forums for all the new info :D

•Col•
Jul 26, 2011, 02:12 AM
I wouldn't mind lending a hand. Something I noticed, the "section ID" symbol that may or may not actually be a section ID, changed quite a few times throughout the video.

For example:

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201107/images/00047317/vSV7UxfYcO43Os1vRqs3z217725y9i19.html

and

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201107/images/00047317/MIZOUeokR4zJrGWaseENJoCVE41OLR4R.html

No idea what it could mean yet, though.

It's not Section I.D. It's just an emblem you get to choose.

•Col•
Jul 26, 2011, 02:13 AM
I'd like to help but heading off to bed. But when I return I expect great things from you! xD GL with gathering the info and comfirming everything. I'll be cruising the PSO2 forums for all the new info :D

Ugh... No way. It's 3am. D: A video probably won't even be up for another hour or two... I'm going to bed soon.

Malachite
Jul 26, 2011, 02:14 AM
Ah I see! Makes sense now, I guess I just blinked at the wrong moment.

I wonder if they serve any higher purpose other than looks.

Dragwind
Jul 26, 2011, 02:16 AM
Gahhh gahhh gahh gahhhhh

I'm near speechless.

Freshellent
Jul 26, 2011, 02:17 AM
I was tripping out so hard I literally woke up my roomate and screamed at him to look at these screens. SO FRIGGIN PUMPED UUUURGH.

Ezodagrom
Jul 26, 2011, 02:17 AM
http://pso2.jp has been updated, including the trailer that was shown at the beginning of the briefing.

pikachief
Jul 26, 2011, 02:20 AM
beaten to it but yea trailer is right here the first one

http://pso2.jp/gallery/movie/

Aeran
Jul 26, 2011, 02:21 AM
Anyone else notice the skull you can select as face? (attachment) Or did I miss that for being something else?

Dracheseele
Jul 26, 2011, 02:22 AM
Skill tree:
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201107/images/00047317/QA79342GHKwl65d8GZCFfqnIPEipW538.html

call me crazy but It kinda looks like a psp2 class system.

Inventory:
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201107/images/00047317/gYrG24C75U9A32xW2PQCYn7493Zb67bt.html

Again looks PSP2/psu ish, makes sense though.

Caeruleus
Jul 26, 2011, 02:23 AM
This was absolutely amazing. I cannot sleep now after seeing that awesomeness.

pikachief
Jul 26, 2011, 02:23 AM
Anyone else notice the skull you can select as face? (attachment) Or did I miss that for being something else?

cool. i can do that exact same thing to my avatar on xbox :P

chrisy05
Jul 26, 2011, 02:24 AM
The game looks good and the action looks pretty solid... But I really wish we could get some confirmation as to whether or not people can cast techniques without having a rod (or similar weapon) equipped. If only to put those worries to rest, so I can focus on how good everything else is looking.

I think what may happen - and this is just pure conjecture - is that techs assigned to a force weapon CAN be charged while those that are assigned to a numerical slot (if possible) can not.

Malachite
Jul 26, 2011, 02:24 AM
Inventory:
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201107/images/00047317/gYrG24C75U9A32xW2PQCYn7493Zb67bt.html
Those windows looks dragable... and in that, somewhat customizable. All I have to say about that is fuuuuuuccck yeah.

MegaZoneXE
Jul 26, 2011, 02:26 AM
any one else notice this?
http://i53.tinypic.com/24qr190.jpg

Dragwind
Jul 26, 2011, 02:27 AM
Yes, FOcasts are back yet, yet, again.

Tyreek
Jul 26, 2011, 02:32 AM
FOcasts... Just like the good ol' days. :D Still, you think they'd give FOcast more... Force eccentric parts. It doesn't appear to be really that different from a RAcast other than the head piece.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 26, 2011, 02:36 AM
It's a goddamn robot shooting magic, the hell do you want from it.

Also, there best be afros in the customization. Otherwise, no deal. :wacko:

Dracheseele
Jul 26, 2011, 02:36 AM
Maybe the cast recolor is a placeholder for the unfinished design.

Aeran
Jul 26, 2011, 02:37 AM
On the Classes page (http://pso2.jp/world/class/) there's a text saying this: 詳細は8月1日更新!
Which google translates to: Detailed update on August 1 wa!

Just 6 more days (including today!)

ShadowDragon28
Jul 26, 2011, 02:37 AM
My thoughts so far on PSO2 (alpha build):
1) Graphical Interfaces, Menu graphics, Monster Designs, Area Design VASTLY blows away PSU *by many lightyears*!!!
2) Character Customization is insane and brilliant! Four Color Sliders for you starting suit/outfit, good hair style selection, tattoos, et all *excellent*
3) Some giant enemies can grab you, crush you and slam you into the enviroment. (which the Rock Bears can do).
4) Multi-party boss fights OMG!
5) In game enviroments, visual lobbies, all look absolutely amazing aesthetic design wise , harkinging back to PSO and some of Phantasy Star II and IV's aethetics, thank goodness!
6) Weapon designs looks great so far
7) I'm still praying that MAGs are added in and shown soon...

Dragwind
Jul 26, 2011, 02:38 AM
Perhaps there will be. I'm betting they'll be giving FOcasts some sort of special abilities to make them not, well, suck :-)

By the way, someone should make an Nintendo 64 kid .gif edit with PSO2 on the box and caption. It seems like that would be appropriate for this thread.