PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance this week on XBOX Servers

Gypsy72
Jul 25, 2011, 07:55 PM
This was posted on the PSU facebook page about an hour ago.

Attention, GUARDIANS -- We will have a maintenance this week (Thursday night) for PSU! We will be adjusting the parameters of several recent weapons which were released with "neutral" attributes but should have elemental attributes. This is the only change being made at this time. We will provide more information when we are able. Thank you!

Link to Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Phantasy-Star-Universe/40808578051)

gordon/alpha999
Jul 25, 2011, 07:56 PM
Yet no Grind-boost or event awards.., oh well let's wait and see!

DesignZ
Jul 25, 2011, 07:57 PM
Glad to see that neutral stuff going.

Gypsy72
Jul 25, 2011, 07:57 PM
the boosts probably won't happen until after the GBR is my guess

WhammyKing121
Jul 25, 2011, 08:10 PM
Well hopefully we will get our weapons during the grinding boost so we can take advantage of that instead of getting them after and breaking them...

serenade
Jul 25, 2011, 09:46 PM
i'm guessing the rare s2's wont be coming until after the boost as well.

at least the new weapons will have %'s now. doubt i'll use them, but hey, it's better than nothign i guess.

cheapgunner
Jul 25, 2011, 10:03 PM
Now the Violent Thorn will have an element to it. Good news for spear fans.

TeeZy
Jul 25, 2011, 10:37 PM
TeeZy goes off and buys violent thorns. #hopeful

Ilikelamp7
Jul 25, 2011, 10:54 PM
Violent Thorns that have already dropped will not be getting an elemental attribute. Only those that drop after the maintenance will.

Lock
Jul 25, 2011, 10:59 PM
yay...

need to boost wep LV after this crummy GBR.

TeeZy
Jul 25, 2011, 11:05 PM
Violent Thorns that have already dropped will not be getting an elemental attribute. Only those that drop after the maintenance will.

Aww :-( thought when I read this he ment ones that already dropped as well
I want to be clear since I know everyone is concerned with this -- at this time this is just to fix the element attribute for certain weapons, namely that some weapons which are neutral will be changed.

DesignZ
Jul 25, 2011, 11:18 PM
Aww :-( thought when I read this he ment ones that already dropped as well
I want to be clear since I know everyone is concerned with this -- at this time this is just to fix the element attribute for certain weapons, namely that some weapons which are neutral will be changed.
I don't know for sure but I think they are only fixing these drops, but I could be wrong. Neutral weapons will stay neutral. All the ones after the update will have a %

mAsTeR OuTi
Jul 26, 2011, 04:32 AM
what about the PA' exp boost?? still there after the update?

Gypsy72
Jul 26, 2011, 08:12 AM
what about the PA' exp boost?? still there after the update?

yes, all they are doing is changing the drop parameters for the new weapons to now get an element.

Isolde
Jul 26, 2011, 08:50 AM
I will put the neutral weapons I have already received in my common box, hoping that the fix will affect weapons that have already dropped. If the fix doesn't apply to weapons that have already dropped, I will be NPC'ing those. I have no use for striking weapons that are neutral. Then again, if Sega actually cared the weapons would be dropping with elements already and no 'fix' would be required.

TeeZy
Jul 26, 2011, 08:55 AM
I will put the neutral weapons I have already received in my common box, hoping that the fix will affect weapons that have already dropped. If the fix doesn't apply to weapons that have already dropped, I will be NPC'ing those. I have no use for striking weapons that are neutral. Then again, if Sega actually cared the weapons would be dropping with elements already and no 'fix' would be required.

So do you think theres a chance they will fix already neutral items, because the way he typed it on facebook made it as if some of the neutral would be fixed as well, but I'm still unsure. :-?

Isolde
Jul 26, 2011, 09:15 AM
So do you think theres a chance they will fix already neutral items, because the way he typed it on facebook made it as if some of the neutral would be fixed as well, but I'm still unsure. :-?

Yes, I believe there is a *chance* the 'fix' will apply to weapons that have already dropped. All that needs to be done is a Global Search and Replace. The post on PSU Facebook page isn't specific, either way, which is why I have not NPC'd the neutral weapons I have already received (yet). I think I have maybe 4 each of the Violent Thorn and Verzegrys. If it turns out that the fix ONLY affects weapons dropping after the maintenance, it won't be a huge loss for me since I already have a full set of elemental Twin Claws that have better stats than the Verzegrys anyways. I don't use S ranks Spears, but I can see how others were looking forward to getting the Violent Thorn with an element.

mAsTeR OuTi
Jul 26, 2011, 09:41 AM
yes, all they are doing is changing the drop parameters for the new weapons to now get an element.

very nice...one more week of PA exp boost and finaly new drops with elements...ist like an good update ^^

Gypsy72
Jul 26, 2011, 10:54 AM

i wouldn't hold your breathe, pretty sure the "parameters" they are talking about updating are the drop parameters, so it'll only effect weapons that go thru the process of actually dropping that will get the new parameters applied....

Slayer76
Jul 26, 2011, 11:24 AM
When the hell are we getting the extra 15% for the gbr

Also, couldnt they just make it so we put the thorns that are already neutral in our com box, then take them out again so it will get the updated parameters?

TeeZy
Jul 26, 2011, 12:07 PM

Also, couldnt they just make it so we put the thorns that are already neutral in our com box, then take them out again so it will get the updated parameters?

Yea I'm just going to take what someone just saids advice above and put in common box. Who knows, I bought a few didn't really hurt much on the money. Better taking the chance rather missing out. ^^

Slayer76
Jul 26, 2011, 12:45 PM
Yea I'm just going to take what someone just saids advice above and put in common box. Who knows, I bought a few didn't really hurt much on the money. Better taking the chance rather missing out. ^^

Yeah i have a couple so ill throw them in my com box and hope

Noc Codez
Jul 26, 2011, 12:52 PM
The weapons you have are going to stay neutural.. just sell them or Npc them.. jesus this is starting to sound like 4th floor rumors..this has happened before when vahra claws+ came out everyone was getting 42% lightning vahra claws+. They only fixed the drop not the weapons that everyone received.

DesignZ
Jul 26, 2011, 12:56 PM
The weapons that are neutral will stay neutral, once the update is complete then the ones AFTER the update will have percents.

Slayer76
Jul 26, 2011, 12:58 PM
The weapons you have are going to stay neutural.. just sell them or Npc them.. jesus this is starting to sound like 4th floor rumors..this has happened before when vahra claws+ came out everyone was getting 42% lightning vahra claws+. They only fixed the drop not the weapons that were lightning %

Crea doubles+ and weapons that drop in-mission had reperations, we can hope if we want to and we know it will most likely not happen. No need to say anything about us involving the fourth floor. Thats just rude.

DesignZ
Jul 26, 2011, 01:02 PM
No need to say anything about us involving the fourth floor. Thats just rude.
I lol'd pretty hard at this.

RagolianHunter
Jul 26, 2011, 02:19 PM
No need to say anything about us involving the fourth floor. Thats just rude.

Priceless! 8-)

Radori Nighthawk
Jul 27, 2011, 11:22 AM
Just because they are dropping as elements now, doesn't mean the %'s will even be good. Lets hope for 30%+ consistent drops. Then I'll be cheering.

Sega is making a start. I'll give them that.

Totori
Jul 27, 2011, 11:31 AM
It would suck to find one with a drop rate less than 3%

Ilikelamp7
Jul 27, 2011, 05:00 PM
The weapons that are neutral will stay neutral, once the update is complete then the ones AFTER the update will have percents.

Apparently no one read that when I had to say it the first time. :-?

Slayer76
Jul 27, 2011, 05:24 PM
The maintence notice still hasnt been posted on the JP site, I wonder if they even will post it

DesignZ
Jul 27, 2011, 05:34 PM
Apparently no one read that when I had to say it the first time. :-?
Yea some people just don't read!

sage 69er
Jul 27, 2011, 05:41 PM
The maintence notice still hasnt been posted on the JP site, I wonder if they even will post it

Be nice if the unique could have their site back. I take it the Japan site is up and running

Noc Codez
Jul 27, 2011, 05:55 PM
Be nice if the unique could have their site back. I take it the Japan site is up and running

At this point I don't even think there coming back up..

Vintasticvin
Jul 27, 2011, 11:42 PM
Well Noc Codez I would say to not give up hope but then you woud probably slap me in the face lol. Im sure things will be back running like normal after a while as we all know they were horrificly attacked by hackers (Which some of you say they deserved and maybe they did) and are doing all they can while being harrased further by the community and dealing with production stuff^^; I know many will be not happy with me when I say this but please PLEASE put things into perspective and look at the big picture! I know of the unfair treatment and of the mockery but still be reasonable about it instead of acting like beasts ruled by anarchy.

Lock
Jul 28, 2011, 03:20 AM
Well Noc Codez I would say to not give up hope but then you woud probably slap me in the face lol. Im sure things will be back running like normal after a while as we all know they were horrificly attacked by hackers (Which some of you say they deserved and maybe they did) and are doing all they can while being harrased further by the community and dealing with production stuff^^; I know many will be not happy with me when I say this but please PLEASE put things into perspective and look at the big picture! I know of the unfair treatment and of the mockery but still be reasonable about it instead of acting like beasts ruled by anarchy.

true.....

TeeZy
Jul 28, 2011, 09:02 AM

Lol, yup every time Edward or anything is said towards us everyone rants. I feel everyone had a reason to be annoyed, but still. I can't even read too man posts when I see someone put a whole essay in a thread only speaking negatively. :-?

AidedPhoenix
Jul 29, 2011, 07:04 AM
So did they actually fix the neutral element drops ? Cuz my friend got a verzegrys still neutral

Noc Codez
Jul 29, 2011, 07:44 AM
So did they actually fix the neutral element drops ? Cuz my friend got a verzegrys still neutral

LMFAO! don't tell me they didn't fix it !

Midori Oku
Jul 29, 2011, 07:55 AM

Yes, I got one that was 34% ground.

Isolde
Jul 29, 2011, 10:11 AM

Well, it looks like Sega took the easy way out again and released a "fix" that wasn't retroactive. Part of the "fix" could have included assigning a random element and percent to the weapons that were neutral. Apparently that would have required too much work. I don't even see why an official "maintenance" was even necessary, since all they effectively did was change a flag from a 0 (aka drop neutral only) to a 1 (drop with a random element / percent or possibly drop neutral), lol.

I left the neutral weapons I received in my common box, prior to the "maintenance", and tried taking them out to see if that did anything. They were still neutral. No *real* surprise there I suppose. Oh well. Looks like I will be NPC'ing the neutral Claws but possibly selling the neutral Spears, since there are probably some players that want a 10/10 neutral Violent Thorn.

Gypsy72
Jul 29, 2011, 10:56 AM
LOL, they rarely do retroactive fixes like that... i'm surprised people actually thought they would... at least they fixed it. and even changing flags in a program can be a pain in the ass and require some downtime (from personal job experience)

BIG OLAF
Jul 29, 2011, 11:05 AM
LOL, they rarely do retroactive fixes like that... i'm surprised people actually thought they would...

^This. I don't recall any retroactive fixes in the past (besides on weapons that had fixed percentages). I don't know why people expected their currently-owned Violent Thorns to just magically be given an element. It doesn't work like that.

Isolde
Jul 29, 2011, 11:39 AM
^This. I don't recall any retroactive fixes in the past (besides on weapons that had fixed percentages). I don't know why people expected their currently-owned Violent Thorns to just magically be given an element. It doesn't work like that.

Well technically all of the pre-maintenance Verzegrys, Eisengrys and Violent Thorns *did* have a "fixed" percentage. That fixed percentage just happened to be 0%, but I get what you are saying as IIRC the Go Vahra Claw trade-in was initially 40% Lightning only until a maintenance changed that. I wasn't really expecting anything, other than that I would most likely end up being disappointed in Sega's effort or should I say lack thereof to properly address an issue. Had Sega done sufficient testing to begin with, Sega would have noticed that the weapons were dropping neutral only. Potentially, it would have only taken one run where all of the Boss boxes were set to drop the new weapons only. The testers doing the run would have seen that the weapons ALL had no element. What is even more disconcerting is that if the PSU community did not say anything, the issue most likely would not have been addressed, and the weapons would still be dropping neutral only.

Prior to the maintenance, all the weapons were neutral only. How difficult could it have been to essentially do a Global Search and replace (during the maintenance when the servers were down) to replace all neutral Versegrys, Eisengrys and Violent Thorns (which would have been ALL of them at the time) with the same weapon of a random element and percent? The only potentially good argument I heard against that was the following: What if someone had grinded a Violent Thorn to 10/10, when it was still neutral only, and it ended up receiving a 50% element? My response was basically, Congrats on your 50% 10/10 Violent Thorn. The chances of *that* happening are very very low. And if someone actually took the risk to grind a neutral Violent Thorn (without a grind boost) and got it to 10/10, more power to them I say. Wouldn't have bothered me one bit, if it meant all my Neutrals would have been replaced with a random element and percent.

BIG OLAF
Jul 29, 2011, 11:48 AM
How difficult could it have been to essentially do a Global Search and replace (during the maintenance when the servers were down) to replace all neutral Versegrys, Eisengrys and Violent Thorns (which would have been ALL of them at the time) with the same weapon of a random element and percent?.

I think you forget which game company we're dealing with here. That's all I really need to say.

Isolde
Jul 29, 2011, 11:57 AM
I think you forget which game company we're dealing with here. That's all I really need to say.

Apparently asking Sega to understand SQL 101 is asking too much, lol. Maybe I should buy and send them a copy of 'SQL for Dummies'. Then again, since it is Sega we are talking about and despite what Edward would like us to believe, the more likely explanation is lack of caring instead of lack of knowledge. Oh well:-?

Gypsy72
Jul 29, 2011, 02:01 PM
What if someone had grinded a Violent Thorn to 10/10, when it was still neutral only, and it ended up receiving a 50% element?

what if they ended up getting a 10%? i'd rather have a neutral 10/10 than a 10% element 10/10 , so there is more than one way to look at it. they fixed the drop parameters, be happy, they could have just left it,. that would truly be not caring.... i will agree they do have a serious lack of game testing over there though... especially for our "unique" version of the game...