PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Questions / Release Date Speculation

Immovable One
Jul 26, 2011, 05:14 PM
So, after seeing the game's quality on the newest video (this is alpha!? This has more content and polish than FFXIV current state already!), and the announcement of alpha testing on August, when do you guys think the game will be released or at least get into open beta phase? I'm asking because I'm no expert and don't have any data on the average length it takes for alpha testing for MMORPGs.

Also, we all know that this is "Windows PC" only at least so far. But if you try to look at it from SEGA's point of view as a video game business company, when do you think might be the realistic date for them to announce a console release?

And finally, with Infinity not coming to western shores (wasn't it confirmed that it won't?), do you think Sega of America in their current business practices will bring PSO2 to English speakers? Why or why not?

Oh and yeah - if servers are split, I'll take the Japanese version :3

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 26, 2011, 05:19 PM
Who knows what will happen.

Arada
Jul 26, 2011, 05:32 PM
1. The length of alpha tests is usually of about 2-3 months. Then, there's beta test which lasts another 2 months.

But it can go for longer depending on the bugs/issues playtesters find. Alpha tests are also made to find/check out the gameplay balance and they might have that much work to do on that.

2. To me, it looks impossible for Sega to release the game on consoles unless the game has an incredible success on PC (unlikely).

3. Sadly (it's my personnal point of view), Sega will probably not release the game in the Western World. PSU has encovered a number of issues that Sega doesn't look ready to face (again). I can only hope I'm wrong.

Anon_Fire
Jul 26, 2011, 05:41 PM
1. The length of alpha tests is usually of about 2-3 months. Then, there's beta test which lasts another 2 months.

But it can go for longer depending on the bugs/issues playtesters find. Alpha tests are also made to find/check out the gameplay balance and they might have that much work to do on that.

2. To me, it looks impossible for Sega to release the game on consoles unless the game has an incredible success on PC (unlikely).

3. Sadly (it's my personnal point of view), Sega will probably not release the game in the Western World. PSU has encovered a number of issues that Sega doesn't look ready to face (again). I can only hope I'm wrong.

1. This will be the first Alpha and Beta tests I've ever participated in.

2. IMO, very unlikely. If it's forced to use XBL Gold on 360, no freaking way. PlayStation 3, not gonna chance it after the whole PSN downtime fiasco.

3. I hope PSO2 does get released in the Western market.

pikachief
Jul 26, 2011, 05:44 PM
im not completely sure cuz i dont know Japanese but from what i saw people posting in the chat room of the breifing, the end of the breifing said "Alpha -> TGS -> Open Beta"

So if what they said was true (i saw a_____ -> TGS -> b_____ i know its alpha tokyo game show then beta) then that means there will be a beta hopefully in oct. maybe in nov. and it might be an open beta

MidiPour
Jul 26, 2011, 05:44 PM
It is a bummer that it is still an unknown whether PSO2 will come out on the console, or to Western shores. But the game is definitely worth paying the price of importing.

I hope it releases before the Summer of 2012.

yoshiblue
Jul 26, 2011, 05:48 PM
With the way it looks it "may" but I think they said PC only.

Vashyron
Jul 26, 2011, 05:49 PM
Espiokaos did mention on IRC that the Alpha test "may only be 1 -2 weeks."

Not sure where he got this from, I think it was 4Gamer, but I'll confirm this with him.

He also mentioned that 4Gamer asked Sakai if it will make it out in 2011, Sakai answers "depends on how the alpha test goes!"

Immovable One
Jul 26, 2011, 05:52 PM

Well we all know why PSU failed:
> Unlocking content already in disc and calling them "updates" due to not using the PS2 HDD
> Segregated servers as opposed to PSO's International servers
> Development focus on the single player campaign WHICH hint hint: nobody played.
> Terrible western marketing or lack thereof - the lack of PSU/PSO related articles in general MMO sites is quite bizarre.

Malachite
Jul 26, 2011, 05:52 PM
I don't understand how people think it might not come stateside. 95% of Phantasy Star titles have. Why wouldn't their biggest title yet? That just seems silly as hell.

Yeah, it doesn't have a stateside release date... but neither does it have a JP release date.

voxie
Jul 26, 2011, 06:03 PM
Oh come on, OF COURSE Phantasy Star Online 2 will come to the West! :D

I'm not saying I can see the future, but I'm pretty sure that from the failure of PSU in the West, they decided to pick PSO back up (which was successful in the West!).

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it" is the saying.

HandOfThornz
Jul 26, 2011, 06:47 PM
I'm sure that PSO2 will come to the western world. ;)

You can see there has been a lot of time spent on development to get the game to this level so far. Thats a lot of development funding time, that needs to be made back + make profit..
One of the main tasks that will cost a chunk of cash will be translating the game (Code, data, text, voice,etc.)to western world languages, but with EU/USA SEGA office's, i cant see this being a major problem. SEGA probally have studio's ready to handle this kinda thing for all SEGA title's.

Release date, i agree it depends on what issues are found in the Alpha and Beta stages. Usually from ALPHA to game release is around 6 months. So i say Christmas 2011/Q1 2012 for Japan. Then western world maybe released a few months after or if translations is already in progress then the western world "may" see it too with the japanese release. (but i doubt this)

Varon
Jul 26, 2011, 07:05 PM
Well with keeping it PC only I can see Sega sending it through Steam as they do with most of their PC exclusive games However chances are subscription fees through SEGAPASS or they will follow the Free to Play Micro-transaction model but that's just speculation.

Ellrick C-63
Jul 26, 2011, 07:12 PM
Id rather do 15 bucks a month than micro-transactions...

Mike
Jul 26, 2011, 07:14 PM
im not completely sure cuz i dont know Japanese but from what i saw people posting in the chat room of the breifing, the end of the breifing said "Alpha -> TGS -> Open Beta"
This is true. According to the interview at 4gamer (http://www.4gamer.net/games/120/G012075/20110726073/), it will go "Alpha -> TGS playable demo -> closed beta -> open beta."

Espiokaos did mention on IRC that the Alpha test "may only be 1 -2 weeks."

Not sure where he got this from, I think it was 4Gamer, but I'll confirm this with him.
Yup, 4gamer.

Varon
Jul 26, 2011, 07:34 PM
The reason Micro-transactions are so popular is because people don't realize how much they spend on the little things look at Ragnarok Online or Spiral Knights you don't have to pay for the items however they make life easier as long as the Ultimate items aren't pay items its fine the free to play model also gets alot of cheaper players into the genre making the game expand to a larger fanbase. Think of how many people played phantasy star universes free trial on XBL.

Immovable One
Jul 26, 2011, 08:16 PM
The reason Micro-transactions are so popular is because people don't realize how much they spend on the little things look at Ragnarok Online or Spiral Knights you don't have to pay for the items however they make life easier as long as the Ultimate items aren't pay items its fine the free to play model also gets alot of cheaper players into the genre making the game expand to a larger fanbase. Think of how many people played phantasy star universes free trial on XBL.

Think they'll go the Box to Play route ala Guild Wars?

Anyone knowledgeable here can explain the P2P, F2P, and B2P business model and the possible route PSO might take?

EDIT: On a side note, they DID go the Freemium business model for JPSU, though I hate their "pay to get a chance" execution - I wanna pay to have the item, and not a "chance" to get it!

pikachief
Jul 26, 2011, 08:22 PM
This is true. According to the interview at 4gamer (http://www.4gamer.net/games/120/G012075/20110726073/), it will go "Alpha -> TGS playable demo -> closed beta -> open beta."

Yup, 4gamer.

well thats nice ^.^ I can't wait till the beta then full release :D

I can't see it releasing this year, but I can see early next year :)

Mike
Jul 26, 2011, 08:29 PM
I can't see it releasing this year, but I can see early next year :)
If 2011 is meant as "the financial year of 2011," as is sometimes the case with Japan, it could be released as late as March of next year. But there's really no need to rush.

r00tabaga
Jul 26, 2011, 09:15 PM
If 2011 is meant as "the financial year of 2011," as is sometimes the case with Japan, it could be released as late as March of next year. But there's really no need to rush.

That's really not that much longer. Hopefully we here in the Wild Wild West get a window similar to the NA version of pspo2 (about 4 months right?) but if it is indeed Global Support then wouldn't it be simultaneous?
This game is gonna rock & I hope to play with everyone far N' near. How cool would it be to have a multi-party of 4-JP, 4-NA & 4-EU meet up for a boss battle!

Immovable One
Jul 26, 2011, 09:22 PM
That's really not that much longer. Hopefully we here in the Wild Wild West get a window similar to the NA version of pspo2 (about 4 months right?) but if it is indeed Global Support then wouldn't it be simultaneous?
This game is gonna rock & I hope to play with everyone far N' near. How cool would it be to have three parties of 4 Jpn/4 NA/4 EU meet up for a boss battle!

Worst case scenario, there will be a new PSO-World sub-forum dedicated to learning Japanese. I'll be willing to share my resources if that ever happens.

r00tabaga
Jul 26, 2011, 09:23 PM
Worst case scenario, there will be a new PSO-World sub-forum dedicated to learning Japanese. I'll be willing to share my resources if that ever happens.

Domo!

RemiusTA
Jul 26, 2011, 09:26 PM

Yeah they're popular because they WORK. And most games that use them design the game around pretty much forcing you to use them for satisfaction. In a single week on a F2P Cash Shop game, you may have 100 people not pay you at all for a month, but have about 20 people buy $50 worth of cash-shop item stuff, and 30 people buy $10 worth of stuff. It quickly pays for itself if built right.

Which is usually why most (if not all) korean MMOs suck. They're all grind heavy + cash shop for therapy. Devs get their money, players torture themselves, and they get to slowly release new updates and gameplay systems that SEEMINGLY flesh the game out, but in reality are all just more traps to get you into the Cash Shop.

Malachite
Jul 26, 2011, 09:28 PM
If PSO2 uses micro-transactions rather than a monthly fee, I will be extremely disappointed.

NoiseHERO
Jul 26, 2011, 09:31 PM
I dunno I just prefer the mindset of having to pay 5-15 bucks a month to play and get EVERYTHING in the game.

Where with free to play you're thinking "Wh-wai-whuh huh? That looks awesome but it costs money e_e"

I'd rather be drained little by little to get everything... Then have to drop 20 bucks every other week if I wanna get something I want that looks interesting or just not bother getting it at all. I also kind of hate that whole rich vs poor wallet controlled elitism. So if people are going to bitch about PVP elitism, you may as well bitch about cash shop elitism too.

I would say pay to play also filters out a lot of... annoying types of people... But this community is already kind of annoying and it's small as it is, so meh. :\

RemiusTA
Jul 26, 2011, 09:32 PM
If PSO2 uses micro-transactions rather than a monthly fee, I will be extremely disappointed.

Yeah, IMO it would IMMEDIATELY ruin all of my anticipation for this game. The scary thing is, there's a very high chance it'll happen.

ShadowDragon28
Jul 26, 2011, 09:33 PM
If I don't see any announcement from Sega USA about a US release of PSO2 by the time the JP is due to be released, I *may* just import the game. Depending on what' involved to get signed up to play it online.. I want to play the game as soon as possible. I am sick of waiting months and months for localization and huge delays in "updates" and patches.

That crap wore down my patience, tolerance, and my spare funds in the bank down to where I had to discontinue playing PSU:AOTI on the PS2/PC server... never got to play it again since the servers where closed.
I did really like my character though.. kinda sad their didn't seem to be away to transfer one's online character to be playable offline.. :(

If they use Client-Server Checksum or some tight security measures, I hope they allow one free offline character creation and free play offline, and then allow you to then take your character online server play. They just need tight anti-cheat detection/checksum system to prevent people from using hacks. They should allow all of us to keep our characters in the event that servers are shut down....

Mike
Jul 26, 2011, 09:40 PM
If they use Client-Server Checksum or some tight security measures, I hope they allow one free offline character creation and free play offline, and then allow you to then take your character online server play.
I don't believe offline play of any sort is currently on the books for PSO2. That may change but if I had one of those cheesey plastic 8-balls, I'm pretty sure it would say "outlook not so good."

Varon
Jul 26, 2011, 10:31 PM
As it stands I kinda hope for PSO2 to release like Monster Hunter Frontier with paying for the game once and then the updates being supplied and the retail version constantly being updated so you don't have to patch forever when you buy the game later on.

As for OFFLINE play I don't see it coming back not if its a PC exclusive if it would come to consoles then I could see a Solo play option or a OFFLINE multiplayer option. Reasoning for this is the amount of hacking that was done on early versions of the first game. Hell I remember a time where 1 out of 8 or so hunters used a Tsumi J sword.

They could However make OFFLINE mode feesible if your OFFLINE character was not allowed ONLINE.

Immovable One
Jul 26, 2011, 10:41 PM
So what if it follows PSU's Freemium model?
Buy the game, play online for free but with restrictions, while paying members have benefits.

Malachite
Jul 26, 2011, 10:43 PM
That could be somewhat acceptable, I think. But I would still very much prefer the classic 10 dollars a month Hunter's License.

Mike
Jul 26, 2011, 10:46 PM
The cash shop on top of a subscription never really appealed to me.

Varon
Jul 26, 2011, 10:52 PM
Well hopefully its not going to drain me of all my money on top of all my free time.

Cinnamon Roll
Jul 26, 2011, 10:55 PM
I'd rather it be a monthly subscription...

As for release... I just hope it's released when it's done. Not rushed.

Varon
Jul 26, 2011, 11:03 PM
I'd rather it be a monthly subscription...

As for release... I just hope it's released when it's done. Not rushed.

I agree that the game shouldn't be rushed it needs to be Well made with the amount of hype it has or else it may cripple the franchise.

NoiseHERO
Jul 26, 2011, 11:58 PM
Technically PSU JP is Cash shop, Monthly fee AND "Freemium."

God help us...

Ecchi
Jul 27, 2011, 01:56 AM
Yea I tryed the Freemium on the JP side of things was ok and is a good way to get ppl into the game so it should be implemented for ppl to try it at least....But me personally I would rather pay a monthly fee and get it all.

Zipzo
Jul 27, 2011, 02:04 AM
Yeah, IMO it would IMMEDIATELY ruin all of my anticipation for this game. The scary thing is, there's a very high chance it'll happen.No there isn't, they've already said that they are bringing the Hunters License back, and in case you didn't play PSO, that was what they called the subscription fee back then.

It's very highly unlikely they will do a F2P model, because high production value games generally try to make their money off of the longevity of their players, not quick, cheap money snatcher shop purchases, it's better for the game overall to be P2P if it actually wants to stick a leg in the door.

ShadowDragon28
Jul 27, 2011, 02:14 AM
a monthly fee would unfortunately push out some of my IRL friends whom would definately play this game *if* it was F2P with some kind of alternative "pay system" (cash shop or whatever), and Expansion discs or downloadable expansions one can purchase.

If I have to pay a monthly fee, It better be $5 - 8 for 30 days, or else I will have to start donating blood for $ just to play online. Many people aren't in good financial situations right now. Fact of life. If PSO2 is pay for 30 days each month via a "hunter's license" 3 of my friends, and 2 friends (a total of 9 potential players) of their's that would want to play the game, no longer can't since they are on a set,limited budget, which doesn't include another monthly fee for an online game. Unfortunately. :/ So while SEGA might get me as a "subsciber" to play PSO2 online, they've lost 9 potential players I know, that would of become players of the game.

Malachite
Jul 27, 2011, 02:17 AM
It will be 10-15, it always has been.

RemiusTA
Jul 27, 2011, 02:18 AM
So what if it follows PSU's Freemium model?
Buy the game, play online for free but with restrictions, while paying members have benefits.

That was such a huge fucking slap to the face that i dont even understand how the JP population took it sitting down.

How the hell am i going to pay subscription for all these years, just to have you up and say "LOLPAYMEMORE" for a few items im already subscribed to recieve? Sorry, the "DLC model" just should not ever apply to subscription games, because it defeats the purpose.

Edit: BTW, the time inbetween the alpha and beta seems so short that i dont even think we should be calling it an alpha. They're SERIOUSLY trying to get a 2011 release for this game? Unless they've been working on it since 2009, i aint buying that krap.

ShadowDragon28
Jul 27, 2011, 02:23 AM
$10 for a hunter's licence is a pushing it IMO. $15 is way too high. I'd rather pay for Expansion disks than $15 a month. Still SEGA is loosing 9 potential players out of the people I know/know of IRL, that would like to play PSO2, if the game has a monthly subsciption/Hunter Lisence.

Ecchi
Jul 27, 2011, 02:28 AM
10-15$ a month is nothing..... 10$ pushing LMFAO seriously?!?

Malachite
Jul 27, 2011, 02:31 AM
LOL seriously right? I blow through 10 dollars every two or three days, just on cigarettes. Are you seriously surprised, Shadow? It's always been pay to play, lol.

ShadowDragon28
Jul 27, 2011, 02:37 AM
I am serious. $10 is pushing it. If there's a Hunter's Licence (monthly fee) I hope it's not more than $6 -10. Some people do have to eat. Fact of life.

Still SEGA is loosing 9 potential players out of the people I know/know of IRL, that would like to play PSO2. *If* the game has a monthly subsciption/Hunter Lisence, they won't buy the game and will not play it.
If PSO2 has some form of F2P, those 9 people will buy the game and will support it.

Mike
Jul 27, 2011, 02:46 AM
I am serious. $10 is pushing it. If there's a Hunter's Licence (monthly fee) I hope it's not more than $6 -10. Some people do have to eat. Fact of life.

Still SEGA is loosing 9 potential players out of the people I know/know of IRL, that would like to play PSO2. *If* the game has a monthly subsciption/Hunter Lisence, they won't buy the game and will not play it.
If PSO2 has some form of F2P, those 9 people will buy the game and will support it.
I have the feeling that you and those nine people won't be playing PSO2 then. But we'll just have to wait and see.

Malachite
Jul 27, 2011, 02:52 AM
Yeah, you probably won't be lol. They already announced it will use a Hunter's License, and I can't remember a hunter license ever being under ten dollars a month. You seem so stunned. Have you never played PS before? This is common knowledge.

Ecchi
Jul 27, 2011, 02:57 AM
Prolly on Schtack's Server lmfao

ShadowDragon28
Jul 27, 2011, 03:00 AM
Please show me a link to where a Hunter's Licence is confirmed.
I played every version of PSO since vers 1 on Dreamcast. The hunter's license was like $5-6 for many years, and I was fine with that. I didn't get PSOBB when it first came out. I had switch to playing RPG's on the PS2... then PSU once it was out.

After 1-2 yrs of slow-drip "updates" to PSU/PSU:AOTI, the Guardian fee didn't seem worth it anymore...

I don't play PSOBB on Shit-hacks Server. FYI.

RemiusTA
Jul 27, 2011, 03:06 AM
10-15$ a month is nothing..... 10$ pushing LMFAO seriously?!?

$15 a month is too much.

Yeah, i can spend $10 at McDonalds pretty easy, but im not going to look at a hamburger with a $15 price tag and say "lol thats nothing" because im not going to pay $15 for a chicken sandwich.

Get it? : P

ShadowDragon28
Jul 27, 2011, 03:12 AM
Yeah, I don't have a smoking habit, and i don't like beer. But I can collect and trade in empty soda cans and bottles like nobody's business. Enough to net me $5 - 8 extra cash a month. So that will support a HL if their is one... hopefully.

Ecchi
Jul 27, 2011, 03:15 AM
$15 a month is too much.

Yeah, i can spend $10 at McDonalds pretty easy, but im not going to look at a hamburger with a $15 price tag and say "lol thats nothing" because im not going to pay $15 for a chicken sandwich.

Get it? : P

Must you compare everything -_-

You pay for what its worth unless you can get a deal on it....Iam sure your not gonna get this 'deal' from Sega....You pay they give you updates etc...Not like Psu thats why I quit paying! lol

tehhaxorer
Jul 27, 2011, 03:37 AM
I really don't think that 15$ a month is at all unreasonable to ask for a subscription fee.

I can't imagine it not coming to a western audience, the game costs to much to create that it would be a fairly silly financial mistake to not release it in a huge market. I was shocked to read earlier in this thread that Infinity may not make it over here, but maybe SEGA realized that PSP sales are pretty slow over here. A PC MMO would be entirely different though.

Does anybody know if there is a good way to get into the Alpha if we did not have a PSO:BB or PSU account?

ShadowDragon28
Jul 27, 2011, 03:56 AM
I'd only pay $15 for 60 Days. for 30 days. Hell no, that's a bit much. The online system must be as secure and update and patch frequently and be as good service/support wise as XBOX Live to warrent that $15. if its like PSU's support. $15? hell no.

Angelo
Jul 27, 2011, 03:57 AM
A fee won't bother me if it's worth it.

Sega needs to remember though that these games aren't MMOs though. I'm not going to pay 15$ a month for this.

However, since no Phantasy Star game in the past has ever cost that much, I'm not worried.

Also, PSP2i has lobbies and everything, and the game was 100% free to play.

ShadowDragon28
Jul 27, 2011, 04:00 AM
damn almost tempting to consider getting a used jp PSP and teh game PSpi.. lol

Totori
Jul 27, 2011, 04:54 AM
I know the game isn't going to be free, to play online. That's would get sega nowhere.

I could give 10 a month, that's not too high.

Zipzo
Jul 27, 2011, 05:37 AM
$10 for a hunter's licence is a pushing it IMO. $15 is way too high. I'd rather pay for Expansion disks than $15 a month. Still SEGA is loosing 9 potential players out of the people I know/know of IRL, that would like to play PSO2, if the game has a monthly subsciption/Hunter Lisence.You'd better get used to the idea, the vast majority of the population of online gamers out there will pay 10-15 bucks to play (even this) game online assuming it's enjoyable and such. Your 9 friends is a palpable loss in comparison to the better amount of money they will rake in with sub fees.

Seems like this might not be your game.

Immovable One
Jul 27, 2011, 06:09 AM
Let's see... I can spend $15 to $20 a day eating fast food (before anyone asks, no I'm not a fat neckbeard; just an average Asian) OR I can save money by going to the market and buy a more "home-cooked"-ish meal at about $5 - food which can last me at least a day or two, saving me 10-15 bucks. I can spend an extra 5 bucks for bottles of Soda and rice I can cook myself. 2 litters of soda costs $1-$2 (I can save more actually if I just spend a few querters on gallons of water that can last for a week or two), and a sack of rice, while costing a bit of money, will easily last me around 2 weeks to a month.... maybe more (I don't really keep track on my rice consumption rate), saving me money in the long run. This is healthier, and costs less than having cup noodles in the long run.

Point is - it's freakin' $10-$15 bucks.... a month.

Anyone wanna start a thread on cooking healthy and saving money for your PSO monthly fee needs?

ShadowDragon28
Jul 27, 2011, 06:18 AM
The thriving player communities of F2P online rpgs/MMO's are often very successful, such as D&DOnline, GuildWars 2, Spiral Knights, and some of the KoreanMMO's each have well over a million, or multi-million players. Not all are, but I am just saying that F2P *seem to me* to be a lot more inviting than new MMO's with a per-month subscription....

Zipzo
Jul 27, 2011, 06:28 AM
The thriving player communities of F2P online rpgs/MMO's are often very successful, such as D&DOnline, GuildWars 2, Spiral Knights, and some of the KoreanMMO's each have well over a million, or multi-million players. Not all are, but I am just saying that F2P *seem to me* to be a lot more inviting than new MMO's with a per-month subscription....Kind of a moot point...the number one online game in the world (based off of financial success and general popularity) has over 10-11 million players and on top of the sub fee they run a shop with optional purchases like mounts/pets and other convenience type options like server transfers, race changes, and name changes. Their income from these features alone is nothing to scoff at, regardless of there already being a subscription fee.

Blizzard does both and they are on top by a sheer landslide.

A game will be popular if it's a quality game, it has little to do with f2p or p2p.

str898mustang
Jul 27, 2011, 07:04 AM
Console? lol yeah right. Look how the PS2 and 360 versions have held out....besides a console holds back a game to it's fullest potential

Also, are yall seriously gonna go through this same sh!t again like NA PSU did? Have fun being a a year+ of updates....again.

Also stop being cheap....get a job or a better job. Hell I'd pay $15 a month if it's worth it.

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Jul 27, 2011, 07:47 AM
I agree that the NA PSU sucked for being behind in updates. But without being able to read JP you can't fully enjoy the game not knowing the storline, taking twice as long to look for item info etc etc. I guess JP PSU has a close knit community of english speaking players but I couldn't enjoy it half as much as EU PSU which I clocked up far too many hours on. Would Sega not learn from previous mistakes and make all updates global?

Tifa

Anon_Fire
Jul 27, 2011, 09:08 AM
I'd also pay $15/month as well.

chaos-shadow
Jul 27, 2011, 11:22 AM
I believe someone else already said this before but... if you looked at the SEGA forums, there was clearly a sub-forum dedicated to PSO2 talk. Why have it if there isn't any plans of bringing it over?

And from what I hear, PSU as little as it is now, still brings in money for SEGA. It would be SEGA passing up a cash cow if they didn't bring PSO2 over! I am fully confident that they will be bringing it over.

I don't think $10 is a bad price. That's hardly the price of a good meal. Anybody who isn't living under their parent's roof should be able to scrounge up $10. I agree with the "how to make the $10 a month PSO2 fee" thread. Ha ha.