PDA

View Full Version : Please, for the love of all that is Phantasy Star...

Zipzo
Jul 27, 2011, 01:15 AM
...I hope that this isn't going to be a drip feed of content already locked away on the disc.

Please.

Mike
Jul 27, 2011, 01:19 AM
Without the offline story mode, would you ever know?

Malachite
Jul 27, 2011, 01:20 AM
Yes, that would not be good. But is there really any reason to make a new topic about it, when there's no information on it whatsoever?

NoiseHERO
Jul 27, 2011, 01:50 AM
Without the offline story mode, would you ever know?

Wait I thought people could scan through the game clients files...

That usually how a lot of people find future content in a few F2P games I've played in the past at least.

But it's usually when said content is actually close to coming out, nothing as severe as what they did to us in PSU... Well... USUALLY...

Mike
Jul 27, 2011, 01:57 AM
The people who know how to do so can. Initial limitations, like the barricading of certain travel points in PSU, may also give it away.

Vashyron
Jul 27, 2011, 01:58 AM

That usually how a lot of people find future content in a few F2P games I've played in the past at least.

But it's usually when said content is actually close to coming out, nothing as severe as what they did to us in PSU... Well... USUALLY...

I already expect people will datamine the Alpha client. :wacko:

Darki
Jul 27, 2011, 02:04 AM
Having the game only for PC, I wouldn't be too worried about that, but I don't see it bad that they put the game online with not too much content unlocked yet, I mean, poor people, thye just made a game, let them have some vacations before working on updates. <_<

RemiusTA
Jul 27, 2011, 02:56 AM
Yes, the Alpha will be data mined to hell.

It would have been mined if it were a console game, but now that its a PC game....even worse.

Angelo
Jul 27, 2011, 03:04 AM
There's no need to drip content from the disc if the platform has no data storage limitations (PC).

Zipzo
Jul 27, 2011, 05:43 AM
There's no need to drip content from the disc if the platform has no data storage limitations (PC).
Much agreed, but if I had a nickle for every time I thought SEGA did something that was unneccesary...lol

Hucast-Kireek
Jul 27, 2011, 06:14 AM
Please come to PS3, please come to PS3!

RemiusTA
Jul 27, 2011, 12:20 PM
Stop holding your breath for that. Probably not happening at all.

moorebounce
Jul 27, 2011, 02:33 PM
Much agreed, but if I had a nickle for every time I thought SEGA did something that was unneccesary...lol

Me and you both would be rich. lol

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 27, 2011, 02:40 PM
I don't think so but... who knows...

Dabian
Jul 27, 2011, 08:46 PM
If and IF there's a story/campaign mode, it MIGHT (massively qualified before I die in a fire) be indication of an offline mode. That's a very big IF.

Why ask for an offline mode in this day and age? As long as I'm not forced to Ethan Waber my way through, why not? :p

NoiseHERO
Jul 27, 2011, 08:56 PM
If and IF there's a story/campaign mode, it MIGHT (massively qualified before I die in a fire) be indication of an offline mode. That's a very big IF.

Why ask for an offline mode in this day and age? As long as I'm not forced to Ethan Waber my way through, why not? :p

I actually liked playing as Ethan...

Over my own precious original characters being treated like lame sidecharacters.

With the main character being technically being Laia or someones sister...

RemiusTA
Jul 27, 2011, 11:13 PM
I liked Ethan Waber as a character for the most part. What i hated was PSU's storytelling.

I really liked Ethan, Karen AND Hyuga. Until Karen became a little wimpy bitch, and Hyuga...well, he's just been the butt of every fanservice joke ever now. The whole "HYUGA'S A DUMAN NOW" thing made me facepalm so hard i still have the imprint in my face. The characters in PSU were fine. The terrible plot twists is what killed it for me in the long run.

When Mirei died, i wasnt even sad or surprised. I was just confused.

AfroGuy!
Jul 27, 2011, 11:15 PM
I liked Ethan Waber as a character for the most part. What i hated was PSU's storytelling.

I really liked Ethan, Karen AND Hyuga. Until Karen became a little wimpy bitch, and Hyuga...well, he's just been the butt of every fanservice joke ever now. The whole "HYUGA'S A DUMAN NOW" thing made me facepalm so hard i still have the imprint in my face. The characters in PSU were fine. The terrible plot twists is what killed it for me in the long run.

When Mirei died, i wasnt even sad or surprised. I was just confused.

Hyuga is a duman now?! no wonder hes so pale...

Niloklives
Jul 27, 2011, 11:28 PM
That was Hyuga?

AfroGuy!
Jul 27, 2011, 11:47 PM
That was Hyuga?

yeah that guy that fights Nagisa in the trailer is Hyuga

NoiseHERO
Jul 27, 2011, 11:49 PM
Hyugas always been gross pale...

But at least he was entertaining before he became a bishounen.

I miss fugly pale smartass Hyuga... over sparkly eye, wise-ass-asian-guy-glasses, emo hair, and confident smile Hyuga...

Niloklives
Jul 27, 2011, 11:54 PM
yeah that guy that fights Nagisa in the trailer is Hyuga

X_x dear christ.

AfroGuy!
Jul 27, 2011, 11:57 PM
X_x dear christ.

i know, i didnt make the connection till i beat psu story mode a few weeks ago

RemiusTA
Jul 28, 2011, 01:50 AM
If you think Hyuga was bad, you should see how bad they raped Flowen and Rico.

the WHOLE POINT of Rico and Flowen being legendary is that 1) they're dead, and 2) you'll never be able to compare their strengths because you'll never encounter them. When a story paints a character as legendary, amazingly skilled, or super powerful, they usually SPECIFICALLY model it in order for you to build their fighting image with your imagination.

Great example is Sephiroth (lol). In FF7, you're told of how amazingly ridiculously powerful he is. For about 10 minutes of gameplay, they actually stick him in your party. He's completely AI controlled, and pretty much everything he touches dies instantly, using magic and doing damage you wont even be seeing until the end of the game.

Rico? Regular ol' AI cannon fodder.

Anyway, the Hyuga's character rape was especially bad, seeing as he was established as one of the best fighters in the whole game.