PDA

View Full Version : So I wonder......Will there ever be a Psu2?!?!?

Ecchi
Jul 27, 2011, 01:58 AM
Just curious ;p

Your thoughts?

AfroGuy!
Jul 27, 2011, 02:00 AM
that sounds like it would be cool, i never played psu online cause i just got it from my friend a couple weeks ago but i still liked it.

Darki
Jul 27, 2011, 02:01 AM
I would rather frefer if they linked the stories of PSO/PSO2 and PSU series into a single game, but of course there are too many PSO drama queens around to allow that. <_<

Malachite
Jul 27, 2011, 02:03 AM
RAWRARAWRARWR NO PSU SUX RWARWRARRARWRAWR.

Darki
Jul 27, 2011, 02:05 AM
^yeah, that would be the short version of the PSO drama. <_<

Zipzo
Jul 27, 2011, 02:07 AM
I really hope not. PSU is over, it's had its time in the lime (as dark and dreary as that light was) light.

Ecchi
Jul 27, 2011, 02:08 AM
Lol pso is a good game dont get me wrong I started on it a looong time ago, But with Pso2 coming out an with it being so updated makes me drool.

Either way Psu in my eyes is a pretty good game just needs much updating an some changes and I think it would be just as fun as it was first time around.

NoiseHERO
Jul 27, 2011, 02:24 AM
PSO2 isn't really PSO2 though...

So I doubt PSU2 will be PSU2... or PSO3...

The HELL is this thread?

Anyhow I'm not surprised if theres a PS-3 on the Vita.

RemiusTA
Jul 27, 2011, 02:30 AM
Probably not.

PSU was not good enough of a game to warrant a direct sequel like this, IMO. PSO is getting one because it was one f**king stellar videogame. PSU just kind of fell short in tons of categories. If it happened though, i'd be just as excited, and probably still buy it.

But the main reason i say no is...what the hell could they do (gameplay wise) that would allude to PSU without making the game worse? (rofl)

"I WANT TO SEE PMS RETURN", or "I WANT PSU GRINDING BACK (lol)", or "I WANT PHOTON ARTS BACK (broken)", or "I WANT ELEMENT SYSTEM BACK (no.)", or "I WANT PSU TECHNICS BACK (fuck no.)", or....

...you get it.

Ecchi
Jul 27, 2011, 02:30 AM
I dont get it -_-

Pso2 isnt Pso2?! Makes no sense.

RemiusTA
Jul 27, 2011, 02:34 AM
Hes saying that PSO2 is a sequel to PSO that doesn't resemble it very much at all gameplay wise.

But, it actually does, if you look past all the radical changes. My point is that nobody cares about 90% of the bad crap that was introduced in PSU. In fact, most of the Portable series seemed to be focused on removing/altering most of the systems in the game because they were so bad.

So, PSU2 wouldn't have much to ride on, except for the lineshield concept and a lighter storyline. That's about it.

Ecchi
Jul 27, 2011, 02:40 AM
I get it now but still the way y'all look at it is retarded why dont you try to accept the modernization and still consider it Pso2....With some tweaks.

Its like saying Final Fantasy 101 isnt Final Fantasy just cause it has idk a different combat system, Sounds retarded and fanboyish to me but hey Iam a Pso fanboy as well but still tho the new changes looks very exciting to me.

And I would love to see a Psu2 in the future even if its 10 years later much like Pso.

RemiusTA
Jul 27, 2011, 02:42 AM
...Final Fantasy is a bad example for you. It's a perfect example of how "modernization" can be a dumb concept.

Final Fantasy XIII was a great game, but hardly a final fantasy game at ALL.

If you notice, Final Fantasy 6, 7, 8 and 9 all had damn near identical battle engines, with a few changes that affected growth and customization. Everyone loved them. Nobody called them outdated.

Final Fantasy XIII comes along, finally with tons of action, aerial combos, ect ect. Everyone hates it.

Ecchi
Jul 27, 2011, 02:51 AM
Lol the battle engine wasnt terribly off from the other's imo still tho the gameplay was to linear which made 13 terrible not the gameplay.

Oh and terrible reply value and not enough endgame things to do as well.

RemiusTA
Jul 27, 2011, 02:55 AM
Calling Final Fantasy 13 linear is such an understatement....

Final Fantasy 13 was a great game (i have over 100 hours of gameplay into it), but now that ive beaten it, i would have never preordered it and probably would have waited for its price to go down.

Final Fantasy XIII got the flak it did because they removed E V E R Y T H I N G from the game. Everything. The only thing that game had was a combat engine and pretty cutscenes.

NoiseHERO
Jul 27, 2011, 02:56 AM
I'm mostly saying it doesn't ONLY take things from PSO.

At least not to the point where PSU would need it's own sequel.

Even I myself only liked PSU for it's improvements and additions, it's actual changes bothered me too.

I'd at least say 30% of PSU was awesom- You know what? forget it. I'm tired of defending this game I hate PSO and PSU at this point anyway. e________________e

Ecchi
Jul 27, 2011, 02:59 AM
Lolol I try not to defend anything unless its Pso but yea I actually understand your grief Mich cuz honestly I like Pso/Psu for what it is an not for what it isnt.

Either way only the future will tell!

RemiusTA
Jul 27, 2011, 03:01 AM
PSU was more than 30% awesome.

You know, most of my problems with PSU came not from the game itself, but from 1) the fact that i happened to main the worst class in the game, and 2) Sega was on a MISSION to make sure nobody in America or Europe was going to enjoy the game.

Rife with broken promises, delayed content, shitty excuses...i couldn't ever really enjoy logging on without looking at JP and letting out a sigh.

Angelo
Jul 27, 2011, 03:03 AM
The names are really just names.

PSO2 is also, in a sense, PSU2.

Ecchi
Jul 27, 2011, 03:13 AM
Names is a big deal......

And no what sorta nonsense are you talking about. Pso2 is also, in a sense, Psu2 your kidding me right?!

RemiusTA
Jul 27, 2011, 03:17 AM
im confused now, screw you guys im done with this :{

NoiseHERO
Jul 27, 2011, 03:19 AM
If it's wisely taking the good from both games.

And the stories are ALL connected.

Angelo isn't wrong.

Names aren't ALWAYS important, that's not exactly a rule. This game is the sequel to everything.

Niloklives
Jul 27, 2011, 03:28 AM
...Final Fantasy is a bad example for you. It's a perfect example of how "modernization" can be a dumb concept.

Final Fantasy XIII was a great game, but hardly a final fantasy game at ALL.

If you notice, Final Fantasy 6, 7, 8 and 9 all had damn near identical battle engines, with a few changes that affected growth and customization. Everyone loved them. Nobody called them outdated.

Final Fantasy XIII comes along, finally with tons of action, aerial combos, ect ect. Everyone hates it.

FF9 was ass

If it's wisely taking the good from both games.

And the stories are ALL connected.

Angelo isn't wrong.

Names aren't ALWAYS important, that's not exactly a rule. This game is the sequel to everything.

More to the point, PSO2 is a name to celebrate 10 years of PS ORPGs. it started with PSO and so they're bringing it back to PSO. it's taking the good things from every PS game so far and improving on them while adding a whole lot of new stuff. This game is as much a sequel to PSO as it is to PSU in that respect.

Though with some of the names some of these users have chosen for themselves, I'm probably wasting my time trying to explain this.

Ecchi
Jul 27, 2011, 03:33 AM
im confused now, screw you guys im done with this :{

Same -_-

RemiusTA
Jul 27, 2011, 03:44 AM
PSO and PSU aren't connected.

Unless you count PSP2i...which was really nothing but fanservice. But if they want to ruin PSO's storyline, they'll canoncly link them together.

FF9 was ass

We can never be friends.

NoiseHERO
Jul 27, 2011, 03:47 AM
They did "canoncly" link them together though. ]:

PSP2i may be fanservice but it's not fan fiction...

RemiusTA
Jul 27, 2011, 03:48 AM
They did "canoncly" link them together though. ]:

PSP2i may be fanservice but it's not fan fiction...

HAHA and thats the saddest part of PSP2

yoshiblue
Jul 27, 2011, 03:50 AM
Heh, if no one really wanted a PSU2 they could alway pass it off as a different Phantasy Star with a different title.

Angelo
Jul 27, 2011, 03:54 AM
Say what you want about PSP2's story, but it was a solid game.

Niloklives
Jul 27, 2011, 04:21 AM
PSO and PSU aren't connected.

Unless you count PSP2i...which was really nothing but fanservice. But if they want to ruin PSO's storyline, they'll canoncly link them together.

We can never be friends.

woe is me...

Ark22
Jul 27, 2011, 11:51 AM
PSU.............Nah....PSO......YEAH! Enough said =)Rather have a PSO3 Before another PSU

BIG OLAF
Jul 27, 2011, 11:55 AM
PSO2 is a accumulation of damn near every Phantasy Star game's features from the last 10 years, so...you could say that this is also PSU2, I think.

Corey Blue
Jul 27, 2011, 12:03 PM
You guy's could go on forever about this,and this game is meant to please both the fan's of PSO and PSU.

Skyly HUmar
Jul 27, 2011, 12:16 PM
I would rather frefer if they linked the stories of PSO/PSO2 and PSU series into a single game, but of course there are too many PSO drama queens around to allow that. <_<

I coulda sworn pso and psu were connected (from one of the endings of phantasy star 3)

GCoffee
Jul 27, 2011, 12:18 PM
PSU was PSO's successor, naming PSO2 PSO2 still makes it PSO3, even if it is closer to the original than PSU ever was.

RemiusTA
Jul 27, 2011, 12:24 PM
woe is me...

I know. I know. And it's so obvious how hard you've been trying, too.

It'll be alright though, sweetie.

ARASHIKAGE
Jul 27, 2011, 12:29 PM
The answer the OPs question is yes, we are getting PSU2, only it is going to be a prequel to PSU much like PSZ was a prequel to PSO.

RemiusTA
Jul 27, 2011, 12:37 PM
wait what

landman
Jul 27, 2011, 12:52 PM
Like it or not, the story of Gurhal is connected to PSO, so they are all on the same storyline and in the same series. We may, or may not, see the origin of Gurhal in PSO2, or maybe in another game, but the link is already there, it's up to them to revisit this part of the story, the same could be applied to Coral/Earth, Ragol, or any other place.

moorebounce
Jul 27, 2011, 02:27 PM
Just curious ;p

Your thoughts?

PSO2 is ment to completely erase your memory of PSU. So far from all the media I've seen I'm like PSU WHO?!

moorebounce
Jul 27, 2011, 02:30 PM
The answer the OPs question is yes, we are getting PSU2, only it is going to be a prequel to PSU much like PSZ was a prequel to PSO.

Who cares as long as it doesn't play like PSU and more like PSO.

BIG OLAF
Jul 27, 2011, 02:45 PM

I really don't think PSO2 is going to "play" like PSO. It's pretty obvious at this point.

AfroGuy!
Jul 27, 2011, 02:46 PM

why would it play like pso if gonna be psu2? that doesnt make much sense

Nitro Vordex
Jul 27, 2011, 03:27 PM
This thread is full of stupid.

RemiusTA
Jul 27, 2011, 03:50 PM
Agreed.

NoiseHERO
Jul 27, 2011, 03:50 PM
This thread was made with an extra chromosome.

Ecchi
Jul 27, 2011, 04:13 PM
This thread was made due to pure curiousity!!

Poubelle
Jul 27, 2011, 06:15 PM
probably a troll thread but no fuck no. they clearly know what their fans want from all these recent videos, they dont want PSU, which was a crappy single player game and a subscription based MMO sidegame.

theyre making a legit PSO 2 and i think it looks great and I think we should just forget that PSU existed ,moving forward.

Anon_Fire
Jul 27, 2011, 06:35 PM
Look guys, I enjoyed PSO and PSU while they lasted but it's time we all moved on.

Niloklives
Jul 27, 2011, 07:48 PM
I know. I know. And it's so obvious how hard you've been trying, too.

It'll be alright though, sweetie.

We can still cuddle, right?

blazingsonic
Jul 27, 2011, 07:49 PM
For the record besides all the "Derp PSU suxors, PSO FTW, YEAH NOL!" PSP2 two is pretty much PSU2