PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU Need help on the JP servers/PSU in general

meowzers
Jul 27, 2011, 12:45 PM
First off, I know no Japanese. Bad right? Yeah, well guess what, I'm also brand new to PSU!

Well, everything is going well so far, though it's only my first day. I played a lot of PSO before so I know the general gist of things. I got Hunter to level 2 and am now trying out ranger.

Thanks to the wiki I'm learning what items are what, what element things in the shop are, and so on so forth.

Ok, onto my questions!

Do the mag-like things for the rangers rank-up like Photon arts do? They seem a bit useless as if you have to be facing enemies for it to fire and since I seem to be only able to hold a melee weapon with one equipped it becomes a bit 'meh'.

Will be I 'gimped' by carrying around a lot of weapons instead of focusing on leveling one Photon Art? Same for the classes?

Is there any events I should know about and how would I partake? I see banners everywhere for something or other.

What is up with the glowing light next to my name? It now seems to of become dimmer and even more recently vanished.

Is there -any- way to trade as a free player? Maybe change loot settings? From my PSO experience I'm assuming this one is a rare hunt as well and am concerned that since 'reds' seem to go into a random's person inventory (I started with an equally fresh friend) that my friend will get a sword I want or I'll get a staff he wants.

How do I break into the language barrier? I tried using IME and making what I can only guess is kindergarten sentences, but either no one responds or chat is going by and I cannot tell if they're talking to me or not. I add a "I do not understand Japanese" after everything I ask/say. Am I being more rude by trying to use their language or would it be worse to speak in English? The in-game chat translator doesn't seem to be working since one of the things keep saying to install python 2.5 when I did (Well, 3.7 but the older versions are only sources). How friendly is the population in general to foreigners; should I just keep to myself?

Why are there people standing at each side of the walkway on floor 4? Vendors of some sort?

Thank you for your time and feel free to add any advice you feel I should know!

pikachief
Jul 27, 2011, 01:37 PM
People are standing outside the sides of the walkways are just people AFKing :)

When it comes to talking to people... It's probably best if you don't :/ Japanese players rarely talk in public chat and some don't even like English speaking players on their servers and some may boot you out of their party or blacklist you if you don't speak Japanese. It's best to try to meet some English speaking players and just play with them, if you ask im sure you'll find some people on here that'll be willing to help you out :D

As a free-to-play player, you cannot access your room or trade with people, or pick up what other players drop. The party leader can set the item drop order to Random, Order, or the best for free players, Give Finder! So that u can all decide who gets what if there's anything special you want that drops.

The glowing light next to your name is your luck. The more shiny it is, the more luck for the day you have!

If you go to the 5th floor and go to the first counter and select the first option, that'll send you to the event going on which has pretty awesome exp :)

You should probably try different weapons and find the weapons that you really like, then level up the photon arts for those :) For fighters, tornado break (1000 meseta in shops) for the sword, spiral dance (10,000 in shops) for double sabers, Chikki Kyoren-jin (2,000 in shops) for slicers, and assult crush (18,000 in shops) for twin sabers are all pretty good photon arts.

For gunners, just get one of each element for whatever guns you use :) Shotguns do very nice damage when the photon art levels up, and it one of the fastest leveling bullets. Also shotguns depend more on player atp and photon art level than the shotgun atp itself so you can do good damage with a shop bought shotgun as well. Rifles, Laser Cannons, and crossbows are also good but take very long to level up. (all guns are good, except for single handguns lol)

Lastly, Range-Mags are supposed to be used on Hunters so that while they're attacking someone with a single handed weapon, their Range-Mag will be attacking the enemy on the side. :)

I hope this helped...

meowzers
Jul 27, 2011, 02:29 PM
Thank you very much for the information!

Where is the option to change loot settings?

pikachief
Jul 27, 2011, 02:45 PM
hhmm idk at the top of my head...

but I can give you these sites that I used to help me find my way around the game:

http://www.psupedia.info/Main_Page
http://psu.amesani.org/
http://www.keyoftwilight.com/psujp/

Also if you would like personal help, i'll be on uni 2 5th floor on my newman, Minerva right now :D

meowzers
Jul 27, 2011, 05:44 PM
Thanks for the help, I think we got it working.