PDA

View Full Version : Vijeri / Resist Question

XL Bologna Pony
Jul 27, 2011, 07:49 PM
Does this still drop? And does it only drop on the single player mission: Ep3 Ch5 Ambition's End 2 A??

Im a lvl 176 Human Protranser, do you think I could easily solo this mission? And can i just select this one or do I have to work up to this mission?

I need to do a Brighter Day also, not real sure where to go to do it, so I can get either the Edel Arrow or Edel Fucil.

Ilikelamp7
Jul 27, 2011, 08:16 PM
It currently only drops in that mission if you do it on rank A. (on 360 servers)

You should have no problem killing him if you have a nice dark armor.

And you have to do all the story missions leading up to it to run the mission.

A Brighter Day is the last story mission so you will have to complete all the story missions to get to it.

Kazzabe
Jul 27, 2011, 08:29 PM
It currently only drops in that mission if you do it on rank A. (on 360 servers)

You should have no problem killing him if you have a nice dark armor.

And you have to do all the story missions leading up to it to run the mission.

this, and after you kill him abandon the mission so you don't have to redo the first part of the story.

XL Bologna Pony
Jul 28, 2011, 07:06 AM
this, and after you kill him abandon the mission so you don't have to redo the first part of the story.

i have a vijeri / rainbow and a 32% dark red line right now. should be sufficient right?

NiceOnes
Jul 28, 2011, 12:52 PM
Depends on your level too. He's not hard though; I'm sure you'll be just fine.

XL Bologna Pony
Jul 28, 2011, 02:27 PM
Is this such a rare drop that it's not even worth trying for? I really need one but everyone that is selling one wants over a stack for it and I just dont have the meseta for that...

NiceOnes
Jul 28, 2011, 02:59 PM
Extremely rare.

You may just get lucky like I did though! I tried probably 30-40 times with my main to no avail... Then one day I was running my gunner through the story so that I could get my Edel items and guess what dropped when I killed Howzer?

Yup... Sometimes things drop the easiest when you're just not looking for them!

GL

XL Bologna Pony
Jul 28, 2011, 03:06 PM
Extremely rare.

You may just get lucky like I did though! I tried probably 30-40 times with my main to no avail... Then one day I was running my gunner through the story so that I could get my Edel items and guess what dropped when I killed Howzer?

Yup... Sometimes things drop the easiest when you're just not looking for them!

GL

better yet, you would figure ppl that have tons of items/meseta that honestly have everything they could ever need could help newer folks out. not wanting a free handout, but maybe a good deal on one. hell, many times i have given 5-10 mil to new friends just so they get started. i guess im more used to a "helping" community. geeze, in this game it's so hard to even join a run right now without being booted for not having 50% boost. so sorry i cant play 24/7. anyways..lol

thanks for the help

VexedEyes
Jul 29, 2011, 02:03 PM
I quit after my 63rd run. just not worth it.

pikachief
Jul 29, 2011, 02:49 PM
i quit after about 150 tries lol

XL Bologna Pony
Jul 30, 2011, 11:58 AM
i quit after about 150 tries lol

well im still working at the story missions before this one. they are painfully long with the dialog.

bloodflowers
Jul 30, 2011, 12:48 PM
I gave up after 126.

Anna_Wren
Jul 31, 2011, 03:46 AM
The resist is mostly useless actually. Unless you are a Cast or like other Units for your extra slot. If you have Stamina over 21, most megid can't kill you. And the stronger megid is only on, what, 4-5 monsters? One of which (Fire Jarba) anyone from Seabed could tell you to just shoot it from a distance cause its basically a sitting duck. Another one you basically Fight to get the damn thing (Howzer) and if you can avoid his megid I don't see how you can't dodge Carriguine Megid either. If you have less than 21 stamina then its useful I suppose.

As far as I've seen, its the cheapshot Level 1 Megid from Deljabans that kill most players and 21 STA nulls that effect.

xBULLYDOGG
Jul 31, 2011, 09:50 AM
If you have the money...

Omega-z
Jul 31, 2011, 10:54 AM
I agree with Anna_Wren that it's not worth it. It took me 4 months of non-stop fighting before I gotten one during that time miss out on two GBR's and almost an event. It is nice when you don't have to switch out your SUV if your a CAST or to know that your 100% covered. But STA is the best way to go since you don't have to swap out for different elements plus you get better % with your armor with a Rainbow then you would with the Resist. And actually it's 22 STA and 28+ STA for everything else. The highest Megid is Falz at Lv5 then Howzer at Lv4, Everything else is lower.

VexedEyes
Aug 1, 2011, 02:35 PM
Hize / Stamina or Red / Stamina, sorry for anyone who is a cast.

pikachief
Aug 1, 2011, 02:43 PM
Hize / Stamina or Red / Stamina, sorry for anyone who is a cast.

my cast just learned to doge megid lol

it's a pretty slow moving spell

XL Bologna Pony
Aug 1, 2011, 04:30 PM
my cast just learned to doge megid lol

it's a pretty slow moving spell

LoL. Not when there's 2-3 turrets surrounding u. Can't watch all sides at all times while trying to kill lvl 170+ enemies

Ilikelamp7
Aug 1, 2011, 05:21 PM
It doesn't matter if you get killed by megid, you will be able to restart right at the fight without doing the whole mission again.

Omega-z
Aug 1, 2011, 05:40 PM
lol it does in certain events/Gam's since you do have to start over plus anytime outside of those because of the burden, when you die to a Lv. 25 foe and have it laugh in your face it sucks.
But for sure STA/END for the win.

Ilikelamp7
Aug 1, 2011, 05:46 PM
This thread is about the fight with Howzer in the online story mode. FYI.

XL Bologna Pony
Aug 1, 2011, 05:58 PM
This thread is about the fight with Howzer in the online story mode. FYI.

in a sense, yes

but as for the use of the unit iteself, no

i know we got off topic for a second...

carby21
Aug 3, 2011, 01:01 AM
Vijeri / Resist isn't worth it. The only good thing is it's price. It's useless. Unless you have that much trouble dodging megid.

pikachief
Aug 3, 2011, 04:39 AM
LoL. Not when there's 2-3 turrets surrounding u. Can't watch all sides at all times while trying to kill lvl 170+ enemies

i was unaware that the megid turrets could actually one-shot you. but then again i was also unaware that the black rifle cast enemies also have killer shot