PDA

View Full Version : Casts ehh, might get Techs.

Revy
Jul 28, 2011, 12:32 PM
So I'm watching the youtube video, bad quality, but for a brief second they show the character creation/selection screen for Caseals and I noticed something...

http://i.imgur.com/xEoWg.jpg

Front and center that's a Caseal holding a ROD. lawl wat?

BIG OLAF
Jul 28, 2011, 12:32 PM
Welcome to two days ago.

Vashyron
Jul 28, 2011, 12:35 PM
http://pso2.jp/gallery/screenshot/image/element/20110726/ss_43_l.jpg

:wacko:

Dabian
Jul 28, 2011, 12:35 PM
Such is the power of the Holy Light...or Photons....or Seed...or the discretion of Sakai and his team.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 28, 2011, 12:37 PM
Such is the power of the Holy Light...or Photons....or Seed...or the discretion of Sakai and his team.

Or a :sandwich: .....yeah, I dunno what I'm on about.

Revy
Jul 28, 2011, 12:42 PM
Oh, didn't see a big huuge rage thread. slow poke.jpg

But still ... WHY?! omg bad tech casts >.> gulka red mage ftw

Dabian
Jul 28, 2011, 12:45 PM
On a more serious note though, maybe with their highly advanced machinery Casts mimic Techs by emulating the conditions and factors that form the base components of Tech usage?

Thinking back to PSIV, Wren was needed for Destruction but needed repair kits instead of regular mates. That was a minor pain. Then I remembered booting up PSO for the first time, and went "how the hell Casts can use mates now!?"

Point: maybe there is no explanation, just evolution.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 28, 2011, 12:51 PM
On a more serious note though, maybe with their highly advanced machinery Casts mimic Techs by emulating the conditions and factors that form the base components of Tech usage?

Thinking back to PSIV, Wren was needed for Destruction but needed repair kits instead of regular mates. That was a minor pain. Then I remembered booting up PSO for the first time, and went "how the hell Casts can use mates now!?"

Point: maybe there is no explanation, just evolution.

Evolution IS the explanation! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - *ahem* something seems to be wrong with my volume matrix...

Vashyron
Jul 28, 2011, 12:53 PM
Explanation is a Wizard did it. :>

Oatmeal
Jul 28, 2011, 12:57 PM
A Cast wizard.

Edit:

Is that an actual screencap of how you watched the video or did you blow up the image? Jesus Christ does that picture ever look awful.

Dragwind
Jul 29, 2011, 07:02 AM
I'm going with the notion that CASTs/andriods have become internally complex to the point where tech casting is easily feasible. This has been argued in the past with PSU CASTs with their internal workings as well as ability to feel "emotion."

Norco
Jul 29, 2011, 07:55 AM
I am guessing this, Casts with Magcells inside them which let them borrow power through the magcell in order to cast techs. I think most of you remember Ult from PSO Ep.1 xD

Then again, just a theory!