PDA

View Full Version : Is there really a difference?

Totori
Jul 29, 2011, 06:09 AM
This is a question for anyone, it's a question about equipment.

Which would you chose and why?

Weapon A has "8 attack Power" But you really like the design, while on the other hand Weapon B has "10 attack power" but you dislike the look of that weapon.

redroses
Jul 29, 2011, 06:11 AM
Weapon A, as long as the damage difference isn't so bad that I would need to hit a monster 5 times more before it dies, I always go for looks with any weapon.

Malachite
Jul 29, 2011, 06:12 AM
Weapon A. Having fun and enjoying how you look is far more important than a few more points of damage.

Demon-
Jul 29, 2011, 06:23 AM
Weapon A, as long as the damage diffirence isn't so bad that I would need to hit a monster 5 times more before it dies, I always go for looks with any weapon.
Yep, pretty much the same here as long as the damage isn't a huge difference between them.

Hotobu
Jul 29, 2011, 06:30 AM
If that difference of 2 ATP is as small as its been historically when it comes to these games then I doubt you'll get many to say weapon B. In that sense it's a loaded question.

Now if the difference were something along the lines of 50 or 70 ATP then people would have to think about it.

PhotonDrop
Jul 29, 2011, 06:32 AM
Form over function all day err day.

Jade DaBain
Jul 29, 2011, 06:34 AM
This is a question for anyone, it's a question about equipment.

Which would you chose and why?

Weapon A has "8 attack Power" But you really like the design, while on the other hand Weapon B has "10 attack power" but you dislike the look of that weapon.

I say B. I always prefer being as strong as I can be and as tough as I can be instead of caring about what weapons or armor looks better on me.

Tetsaru
Jul 29, 2011, 08:16 AM
Depends. I have to check other stats too, like ATA, grinds, elemental/enemy type %'s, etc., and how those affect what job or role I'm playing. Also, what perks or special abilities does each weapon have? Hell, are these weapons even the same type? What PA's can I use with them? Lots of stuff to consider here.

Pillan
Jul 29, 2011, 08:32 AM
I suppose the simplest formula is "if I can clear the mission just as fast, regardless of the negligible difference, I will choose the better looking weapon." Of course, if weapon B looks absolutely horrible, I would probably stick to weapon A even if it did add a minute or two to the mission clear time.

But odds are that not all the weapon types at the next rarity look horrible, so I would probably just try out a new weapon at that point instead.

Angelo
Jul 29, 2011, 08:49 AM
This problem was remedied somewhat in PSPo2 with the upgrade tickets. Forget what they're called.

RenzokukenZ
Jul 29, 2011, 08:52 AM
Extend Codes. It's the reason why I've always used my Twin Durandal Replicas. Form and function at the same time :D

Pillan
Jul 29, 2011, 08:57 AM
If I recall correctly, most extended weapons were around the strength of 10 star weapons. So they still ended up falling short once you could fight level 150 enemies (or earlier if you were really lucky). I won't even bother to mention extended S ranks.

r00tabaga
Jul 29, 2011, 09:03 AM
I hope they have some form of Musashi's from PSO in PSO2. They weren't all that powerful but they were appealing.......and Flowen's Sword too.

Angelo
Jul 29, 2011, 09:41 AM
Maybe we'll get some 'style tabs' like DC Universe. Afterall, this game is obviously NOT skimping out on the customization from the looks of the character creator.

As for the question, it's kind of hard to answer using the given figures. If it were a difference like 8 and 10, I might have to go with 10 just because it puts me under the assumption that 10 is the 'final' or ultimately desired number. 20% is a significant difference.

Now if it were something like 1900 and 2000, I'd go with with 1900.

Pillan
Jul 29, 2011, 04:00 PM
In the recent games, 2 ATP has been worth .4 damage. So even with a photon art considered, the difference will always be less than 2 damage. However, a 20% difference in total ATP (character and weapon) can mean as much as a 40% damage drop after enemy DFP on PSP2.

NoiseHERO
Jul 29, 2011, 04:12 PM
I dunno...

How cool does weapon C look? since it'll obviously be stronger and how close am I to reaching the level/stats to equip it? otherwise I'd probably try to milk weapon A up to it's max stats in my budget, or use another weapon class. :0

iBaylin
Jul 29, 2011, 04:21 PM
I would pick the weapon that look better but if the stats of the ugly weapon is way better then i'll have to just deal with it and use it. Especially if it's improving my time to kill enemies.

RemiusTA
Jul 29, 2011, 05:16 PM
In PSO, just because one weapon had a stronger attack rating didn't mean you didn't have to use it. The special function made it useful.

Unfortunally, they haven't mentioned anything like this yet.