PDA

View Full Version : Combination of classes possible???

r00tabaga
Jul 29, 2011, 12:00 PM
I just answered a poll question from the PSO2 Facebook Fan Page about what you'ld rather be...Force, Hunter, Ranger or combination. I chose D)combo fwiw...
Ricardo brought up a good point as well (over @ bumped.org) in that SEGA is answering questions and posts in both Japanese & IN ENGLISH thru Facebook! Does this hint at a possible Global release. I am more hopeful now.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 29, 2011, 12:03 PM
I just answered a poll question from the PSO2 Facebook Fan Page about what you'ld rather be...Force, Hunter, Ranger or combination. I chose D)combo fwiw...
Ricardo brought up a good point as well (over @ bumped.org) in that SEGA is answering questions and posts in both Japanese & IN ENGLISH thru Facebook! Does this hint at a possible Global release. I am more hopeful now.

that little flame that was my hope of a Global release just got rekindled. Oh, btw, as for the class combinations: RACAST/FOCAST COMBO! How may I heal you today? :D

Pillan
Jul 29, 2011, 12:04 PM
As nice as a global release might be, the note on separate "world" servers that you cannot travel between sets off a red flag of "get the Japanese version as this will be a repeat of PSU."

NoiseHERO
Jul 29, 2011, 12:08 PM
Yeah just read this on ric's blog. :0

Apparently they're also replying to english questions.

And yeah, do want combo classes like PSU.

B> Ninja class

Enforcer MKV
Jul 29, 2011, 12:11 PM
As nice as a global release might be, the note on separate "world" servers that you cannot travel between sets off a red flag of "get the Japanese version as this will be a repeat of PSU."

I don't think that this is so much a red flag that the japanese version will be better, I mean, THEY get segregaed servers as well.

I think this is jumping the gun a little. I for one will continue to be optimistic about Sega and the Sakai Team.

•Col•
Jul 29, 2011, 12:17 PM
There's sub classes.

So of course there's gonna me some mixing and matching between the three traditional class roles.

r00tabaga
Jul 29, 2011, 12:17 PM
Yeah, it can be draining to be a pessimist. I'm a glass 1/2 full kinda guy today.

@Colaya: Skill Tree

This system is used to learn class skills.
EXP earned goes toward increasing your class level.
You accumulate points by leveling up.
By using these points, you can learn class skills.
Class skills can only be used on the class you learned them with.
For example, a skill learned as a Hunter cannot be used by a Force.
Even if you max your class level, you cannot learn all skills.
You will have a limited number of points to put toward skills, so individual skill combinations will vary.
The ability to redo learned skills is under consideration.
This in no way shows subclasses to me.

Demon-
Jul 29, 2011, 12:22 PM
They seem to be using the english language quite a bit for this game info. I know I'm still hoping for global.

I think the whole worlds thing is to prevent what happend last time when PSU JP servers got full after it's release.

I really won't mind as long as SOJ lets us log into those same worlds.

NoiseHERO
Jul 29, 2011, 12:25 PM
Yeah, it can be draining to be a pessimist. I'm a glass 1/2 full kinda guy today.

You will have a limited number of points to put toward skills, so individual skill combinations will vary.

Well it's just a facebook question, their goal is still improving the game with the fans help.

If enough people bring up subjobs/combination classes. They'll probably strongly consider adding them or ALREADY ARE. Which would be why they're asking. Of course it's not currently 100% planned into the game which is why it wouldn't be on that giant list.

r00tabaga
Jul 29, 2011, 12:28 PM
Well it's just a facebook question, their goal is still improving the game with the fans help.

If enough people bring up subjobs/combination classes. They'll probably strongly consider adding them or ALREADY ARE. Which would be why they're asking. Of course it's not currently 100% planned into the game which is why it wouldn't be on that giant list.

I totally agree with you Michaeru (which is a common thing lately :-?) that is why I chose combination. I will be a HUmar & RAcast but want them to think about adding a combo b/c people want it.

MAXrobo
Jul 29, 2011, 01:58 PM
My guess it that combination classes can be build using the skill tree.

for example, you may be playing as a ranger but as you level up you invest your skill points on an upgrade that improves how much health resta heals.

you would still be a ranger and use ranger equipment. but because of where you put your points into you can also heal better.

r00tabaga
Jul 29, 2011, 03:35 PM
My guess it that combination classes can be build using the skill tree.

for example, you may be playing as a ranger but as you level up you invest your skill points on an upgrade that improves how much health resta heals.

you would still be a ranger and use ranger equipment. but because of where you put your points into you can also heal better.

condiments
Jul 29, 2011, 03:41 PM

There could be some credence to what he said though. There is no telling if classes will be able to use weapons/techs outside their archetype at this stage, and we have no idea how flexible the skill trees are going to be.

I think its safe to assume there will be a great deal of flexibility considering it would be a step back to rigidly limit each class. Each class might have class specific trees that allow you focus in different areas.

Pillan
Jul 29, 2011, 03:44 PM
There has been nothing to say that a class skill tree will not branch into options that increase versatility in exchange for more output. Just because Force skills cannot be used as Hunter does not mean there will not be a tech skill under the Hunter skill tree.

•Col•
Jul 29, 2011, 04:12 PM
Wish people would read the stickied thread more.

Yeah. Your CLASS. Last I checked, subclass was separate.

"Also in the skill tree screenshot, the hunter class is selected in yellow, the ranger and force class are also level 01. Perhaps you can change classes on the fly. We also note there’s a Main Class, which is currently selected as Hunter, and a sub class."

http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-features/

/thread

MAXrobo
Jul 29, 2011, 04:23 PM
There has been nothing to say that a class skill tree will not branch into options that increase versatility in exchange for more output. Just because Force skills cannot be used as Hunter does not mean there will not be a tech skill under the Hunter skill tree.

This is what I was trying to say. like there will be a skill to boost resta within the ranger skill tree

MSAksion
Jul 29, 2011, 10:51 PM
I want a system like PSP2 and PSP2 infinity. there were four jobs - but you could use points to equip weaponry usually associated with another job - but it costs a LOT of points if your job isn't really used to using that type of weapon.

For my Newwoman Force - she has a Spear, Twin Knifes, Rifle, Slicer, Whip, TechMag, Rod, Wand, Shield and sometimes i throw in a broadsword or doublesaber.

I want this system back in PSO2. I want to be able to equip certain weaponry that other jobs get but maybe i would either have higher Stat requirements or my proficiency in a non-job weapon would be reduced stats

PALRAPPYS
Jul 29, 2011, 11:02 PM
Not sure if you guys are still discussing whether or not subclasses are in, but they ARE.

http://pso2.jp/gallery/screenshot/02.html

2nd screenshot on that page has "Main Class" on the top left with "Sub class" right under it.

ThEoRy
Jul 30, 2011, 12:24 AM
By combination I'm sure they mean wartecher, guntecher type classes. Something of that nature.

Blueblur
Jul 30, 2011, 01:05 AM
By combination I'm sure they mean wartecher, guntecher type classes. Something of that nature.

I feel the same way. That's what it has seemed to me all along.

RemiusTA
Jul 30, 2011, 01:07 AM

I've never heard of an MMO that hosted multiple world servers that were not identical.

Pillan
Jul 30, 2011, 08:21 AM
I've never heard of an MMO that hosted multiple world servers that were not identical.

That may be true, but the PSO series has always gone by "ORPG" or "online action RPG" rather than MMO. That and, you know, the PSOBB and PSU experience in the US were not identical. Though I am certain you are right about them being identical in Japan.

That said, I still would be more willing to bet upon a near-simultaneous international release like PSU had. I simply have a natural distrust for the value of any server isolated from their preferred Japanese clientele.

r00tabaga
Jul 30, 2011, 09:39 AM
Definately yeah, I hope that we can customize the weapons we can use ala PSPo2/I too. It costs more points but if a force wants an axe, by golly he should have one! This combination isn't as limited as PSO's you're a hunter, you're a ranger & you're a force.....so here's the weapons you can use (or CAN'T use).

This sub-class thing is another topic as I think that has more to do with skills & skill tree points. Who knows?

Wiz10011
Jul 30, 2011, 10:46 AM

You're misunderstanding it. It was something along the lines of your character cant travel between the worlds which they are looking into changing maybe.

The Way I understand it. theres 3 worlds, You pick which one you want your character on, if you go to another world you need to make a new character,

(If you played wow, its the same as changing servers. Or it might just be because I played wow that this type of understanding came to me, and I'm the one off.)

Blueblur
Jul 30, 2011, 11:16 AM
It's just different servers. They're probably expecting this game to be really popular. At least more than PSU was.

Pillan
Jul 30, 2011, 11:19 AM
I would rather not hijack this topic with one offhand comment I made, so we can continue this discussion here (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189638). Let's keep this one on character class combinations.

Randomness
Jul 30, 2011, 11:35 AM

As has been noted, Japan had segregated PSU servers for a while because they were overwhelmed.

As far as subclasses go, I'd certainly like to see them be some kind of hybrid option.