PDA

View Full Version : Rasing the Luck Stat...

Soniku
Mar 17, 2003, 11:56 AM
Does anyone know if luck ever goes up when you level, and if so...how often

Also, what weaponds and armor raise luck?

Wolfos
Mar 17, 2003, 12:03 PM
Basicly Luck can only be raised with Luck Mats or Weapons such as Flowen's Swords or others like that http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif soo thats all i know. I do know Flowen's Sword Rasies luck ( mines 21 with it and 18 without ) Hope this helps

MonkeyFunky
Mar 17, 2003, 01:58 PM
sooo... pardon the question, but how does luck affect your character in the game exactly?

R

Yoda86
Mar 17, 2003, 02:12 PM
I know that an M&A60 Vise will raise your luck by about 3 or 4 points ( only when it is equiped though ). The gun is kinda crappy so its not really worth it.

Cloud_01
Mar 17, 2003, 02:18 PM
On 2003-03-17 10:58, MonkeyFunky wrote:
sooo... pardon the question, but how does luck affect your character in the game exactly?

R

Luck affects how often you do a critical hit.

Having 100 luck however, will not give you a 100% critical hit rate.

CrazyJ
Mar 17, 2003, 02:18 PM
LUCK affects your ability to get a CRITICAL hit on an enemy...i.e. a hit that does the MAXIMUM amount of damage that your character can do.

Rumors also have it that luck plays another role, but again...rumors.

MonkeyFunky
Mar 17, 2003, 02:23 PM
ooohh cool, i get it now, thanks!

R

sogoX
Mar 17, 2003, 08:00 PM
[/quote]

[/quote]

umm no.. think of luck as ata. 100 luck will not do 100%.

so imagin haveing attack actuacy of 100, that is was luck 100 will be.

Zeebo
Mar 17, 2003, 08:02 PM
Well Luck material and the little attachments to the armor will get you more luck...... leave it at that and its critcal hit

Robomonke
Mar 17, 2003, 09:03 PM
Luck also affects ur % chance to freeze with GI- and Rabarta.

shadowjack
Mar 27, 2003, 03:57 PM
I have A theory that luck helps getting rare items also because when I kill something with A criticle hit I almost always get A rare.I also Think that using the special attack will also net you A rare.I use my justy to kill things like pan arms.Now I only fire with the special attack and often get A rare this way.My luck is only 46 (with help from 4 master abilities)but befor when my luck was only 10 and I was over 50th lvl and in very hard mode I couldnt findA rare to save my life.Now I have foud over 45 different weapons and at least 10 diff. armors etc.I belive special attacks and crits make up more of the formula to find "reds" than any thing else.For example when hunting rappies I use the 2 shot kill(I shoot them once and they get up and run then I hit them again and poof A "red" or something very cool like A material etc.is left behind.
Happy hunting

RogueXero
Mar 27, 2003, 04:32 PM
WhaT's WIth CAPitAlizIng? A iS aLwAys CApiTaLizED.

Asami
Mar 28, 2003, 12:56 AM
As far as I have experienced, luck only gives your character a higher chance of landing a critical attack on an enemy. My RAmarl has a luck of 100 with 2 GOD/LUCK units and FINAL IMPACT equipped, and the chances of getting rares have been the same. Until proven, there is no correlation between luck and getting rares.

Elusive_Llama
Mar 28, 2003, 10:39 AM
My Fonewearl has the default 10 luck and she is freezing things just fine with her rabarta.

I too have not noticed any difference in rare drops between 10 luck and 100 luck, but your rate of critical hits goes way up. Sometimes I can even do 3 critical hits in a combo that hits 6 times. Critical hits in a mechgun combo is kwaazy.

One annoying thing you must watch out for when you have 100 luck without a weapon equipped, and you equip something which gives you luck. Upon removing the weapon, your luck stat will fall by the amount that the weapon gave you.

My Hunny's luck maxed at 100, with God/Luck equipped. If she has a weapon equipped which raises luck and the game saves, her 100 luck will drop if she unequips that weapon after the save is complete. Fortunately, all I have to do is unequip the weapon and my God/Luck and the luck will be reset to what it was before (100).

In other words, if your luck is maxed without something in the weapon slot, don't equip any weapon which raises luck when the game saves (telepipe, bursting in, bank, shops, etc).

BTW, my Hunny is using L&K-14s (with 45% hit ;> )

Bloodberry
Mar 28, 2003, 11:43 AM
On 2003-03-17 17:00, sogoX wrote:

umm no.. think of luck as ata. 100 luck will not do 100%.

so imagin haveing attack actuacy of 100, that is was luck 100 will be.

That's what he said...

Joe-Azlin
Mar 28, 2003, 12:55 PM
luck = critical hit