PDA

View Full Version : BLARGH! waste of time >.<!

Meyfei
Jul 30, 2011, 07:19 AM
So here i am trying to beat final fantasy 12 and im not even at the draklore lab or w/e they're called, im heading there but im now on my 60 hour and 10th minute.

So.. Much... walking!

Sord
Jul 30, 2011, 07:36 AM
That's the one FF I want to go back and try and beat my attention span at. Out of all of them that was the only one with a battle system I really liked (I've never been a fan of turn based.) Van is also one of my main's on Dissidia: Duodecim (the others being Laguna, Prishe, and the one dude from 9, Zidane I think. Always forget it because I've never even seen footage of FF9)

Almost beat 7, got to the final boss and couldn't beat him, never got around to grinding the levels to beat him because I was already sick of the game by that point. Also that whole "hey, let's summon a comet through every planet" spell was a royal pain in the ass to watch every time.

RenzokukenZ
Jul 30, 2011, 08:56 AM
"I'm Captain Basch fon Ronsenburg!"

Ah, good times.

Randomness
Jul 30, 2011, 11:38 AM
So here i am trying to beat final fantasy 12 and im not even at the draklore lab or w/e they're called, im heading there but im now on my 60 hour and 10th minute.

So.. Much... walking!

I never found the walking that bad... but I did make heavy use of gate crystals... and the Strahl. In combination, they're pretty handy.

That's the one FF I want to go back and try and beat my attention span at. Out of all of them that was the only one with a battle system I really liked (I've never been a fan of turn based.) Van is also one of my main's on Dissidia: Duodecim (the others being Laguna, Prishe, and the one dude from 9, Zidane I think. Always forget it because I've never even seen footage of FF9)

Almost beat 7, got to the final boss and couldn't beat him, never got around to grinding the levels to beat him because I was already sick of the game by that point. Also that whole "hey, let's summon a comet through every planet" spell was a royal pain in the ass to watch every time.

I just used the "hey, lets summon a horde of slow-ass overly dramatic knights" spell to counter it.

Reikoku na kuma
Jul 30, 2011, 12:57 PM
Yeah...that got annoying especially sitting through that 20+ times with W-summon spell + mimic fighting emerald and ruby wep X.x

Palle
Jul 30, 2011, 03:37 PM
I should probably play this game someday. This and Rogue Galaxy.

RenzokukenZ
Jul 30, 2011, 04:56 PM
FF12 really is an amazing title, and a grand entry in the series. My one and only complaint is that the story isn't as strong as it could have been, but other than that the game is near-perfect.

Ashe could have been WAY better

Randomness
Jul 30, 2011, 05:22 PM
Quickenings are fun. Especially when you try to do one with a single full mana bar across the whole party (That one skill that either gives a bunch of mana or zeroes your mana is hilarious when you use it to do that, or to spam an esper... and immediately trigger it's final spell or something)

gordon/alpha999
Jul 30, 2011, 05:35 PM
Getting Chaos,Zodiark, and Ultima Espers was hell. Although getting to Zodiark was not as difficult as the other 2. All i did was skip the annoying bastards and kill what i could to get to him.

Good memories.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 30, 2011, 05:38 PM
I should probably play this game someday. This and Rogue Galaxy.
Played that space one, Lilika ;o Space pirates ;oo

Collector edition no collector disc FF12 $12 used lamestop. Went with nah on that one.

Tetsaru
Jul 30, 2011, 06:44 PM
I never finished FFXII. I loved the old-school characters and the exploration, but the storyline and combat kinda ruined it for me. Vaan and Penelo almost seemed like they didn't belong in the game. And had I not had the player's guide, how the FUCK was I supposed to know not to open certain treasure chests throughout the course of the game in order to get the Zodiac Spear in another chest!? Ironically, I started getting into PSU after I stopped playing FFXII... :rolleyes:

Props for the Zodiark ultimate, though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kH61aqsPSE

Meyfei
Jul 30, 2011, 07:40 PM
yeah the certain chests thing was a big WTF, this run im like F it not gonna bother, it IS hell to even attempt it especially on your first run.

i just opened anything i seen so i believe im downright screwed for a change of mind, i opened all lowtown chests which calls for a certain one not to be touched. /ohwell.

What bugged me when i first played was the vocals they seemed hard to hear at some points, or atleast understand. and vaan + penelo at the start were like using lowgrade recording gear. Though setting that aside, im pretty much enjoying the game rather than being a sook and whining while i play, like i did back then.

right now im gonna mess with those weird doors in in the cave to archedea. on the way to draklore. one of those doors are named "Ascetic's Door"

---blah blah blah stuffs suggestions to try---
FF4 (Snes/Ps1) epic! all i can say. abit slow at the start, but that aside, it's awesome.

FF7 was pretty fun for me, didnt like how the whole yuffie and vincent plots could be missed.

FF8 fairly nice story, awful end-area thing where you can't enter ANY city at all, but a fun play. (if you get bored you can just grind spam the crap on disk one, i did it for luls)

FF9 REALLY great game, i had it and it was really worth the time to play it. decent story to it too

FF10 epic, i always loved the idea of the monster arena, though capturing was abit tedious, it was worth it. I've always wanted the international copy.

FF-X2 Not a big fan, but it had its perks, Cloister of trials ftw

Randomness
Jul 30, 2011, 07:52 PM
I just kept a checklist of chests by me... I mean, yes, it's STUPID. Especially since the spear isn't particularly OP in any way, has an otherwise 1/10000 chance of obtaining each time through an area, and you get it in an optional, high level side area regardless.

I'm down to only three objectives left in XII: Behemoth King, Zodiark, and Yiazmat.

gordon/alpha999
Jul 30, 2011, 09:49 PM
I loved the Gilgamesh encounters. When he used Tidus liquid blade i was like...1st.

I LOVED ME SOME FF12!

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 30, 2011, 11:31 PM
I LOVED ME SOME FF12!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2BtQP4Ivj4

Because the idea they stole it from, Peanut butter Cap'n Crunch cereal commercial isn't on the youtubes, dang.

http://adland.tv/commercials/peanut-butter-crunch-marry-it-ca-classic-030-usa

Almost.

Sord
Jul 31, 2011, 12:27 AM
I never finished FFXII. I loved the old-school characters and the exploration, but the storyline and combat kinda ruined it for me. Vaan and Penelo almost seemed like they didn't belong in the game.

Penelo was great :<

Though it had nothing to do with story or character itself, just the mechanics. It seemed like the computer AIs were better suited to combat than support, so I ran Penelo as my controlled character and sort of made her into a battle white mage. Worked well up until I got bored with the game.

Randomness
Jul 31, 2011, 11:45 AM
Penelo was great :<

Though it had nothing to do with story or character itself, just the mechanics. It seemed like the computer AIs were better suited to combat than support, so I ran Penelo as my controlled character and sort of made her into a battle white mage. Worked well up until I got bored with the game.

Depends on how you set their AIs. I had a fairly solid auto-healing going... of course I micromanaged everything on boss fights after a while... because otherwise I end up with everyone triggering on one person... which is kind of silly.

Eventually I just threw haste/berserk/bravery/protect/shell on two of the party members and followed them as they wasted EVERYTHING in their path (Haste/Berserk is pretty silly).

Meyfei
Jul 31, 2011, 03:23 PM
i dont even know what bravery does, i seen it on mobs but have yet to get the spell itself.
that combo, "haste/berserk/bravery/protect/shell on two of the party members" does it help with some marks?

I'm abusing my gambits on jelly things in hennes mines. now what to do for 3 days while that grinds me to level 6000.

oh and im now on my 83rd hour, this is my first time doing the jelly slime thing too, had it up for bout an hour if that even.

RenzokukenZ
Jul 31, 2011, 03:46 PM
Bravery boosts your attack power.

As for that combo, it can be used to dispatch some marks, but others require a bit more cunning and strategy.

Meyfei
Jul 31, 2011, 04:22 PM
i was planning on using it to exterminate those pesky grass assassin's (mantis things in the mine for antlion) >.< its like massive boss + 7 spawns vs 3 lv30's >.>; i ran like... oh wait no i died /gameover xD

Randomness
Jul 31, 2011, 04:55 PM
Bravery boosts your attack power.

As for that combo, it can be used to dispatch some marks, but others require a bit more cunning and strategy.

Oh, I just use that for carving through normal enemies.

Outrider
Jul 31, 2011, 11:35 PM
Oh man, FFXII. What a great game.

Would you believe I went though it without using quickenings or summons (well, except for the one mandatory summon)? It wasn't particularly difficult without them.

Still, I wish I could find time to play through the game again, but I don't think I have a spare 100+ hours to dedicate towards it.

Meyfei
Aug 1, 2011, 08:33 AM
im gonna continue with the story some more now, I let the ps2 go for most of the night now i got 2 lv70's and a lv66 xD

with awfully low hp, 4600 ._. /want to buy HP materia mastered x 3

theres a mandetory summon? :O
I've had quite the time against some marks and especially the "boss" in draklore, damn those contraptions.

I always use quickenings to speed up bosses, managed to deal 55k once to a boss with 2/5ths health left.

gordon/alpha999
Aug 1, 2011, 08:50 AM
Did anyone ever fight Hell Wyrm & Yiazmat?

Sord
Aug 1, 2011, 10:53 AM
Depends on how you set their AIs. I had a fairly solid auto-healing going... of course I micromanaged everything on boss fights after a while... because otherwise I end up with everyone triggering on one person... which is kind of silly.

Eventually I just threw haste/berserk/bravery/protect/shell on two of the party members and followed them as they wasted EVERYTHING in their path (Haste/Berserk is pretty silly).

I honestly can't remember much about the specifics of how things worked. I played it a few months after it came out, so it's been pretty long. Also, I only got about 15-20 something hours logged or so, which is hardly that far in the game. I stopped at the Belias fight in the Tomb of Raithwall. So yeah, not to far at all >>;

Outrider
Aug 1, 2011, 02:13 PM
Did anyone ever fight Hell Wyrm & Yiazmat?

I don't remember. I know I completed every one of the Guild hunts except for Yiazmat. I saw that a "fast" run took at least an hour or so, and decided that I could probably live without it.

Meyfei
Aug 1, 2011, 03:22 PM
Edit: well i just beat the game, rather short story-wise, i did more running around trying to find certain marks and such, than i did reading a storyline.

Lower the grapics, add an overview look, cut exp to 1/3rd of whats required, add 20% more hp, 15% more mp, a character death and you'd have a 2 disk ps1 version.

lol an hour? probably more like 30mins if you're this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVVK2-iM1cQ&NR=1

or you could actually do this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrJlQS7AamY