PDA

View Full Version : CONSOLES

Vampiro_X
Jul 31, 2011, 12:34 AM
I've noticed that on PSO-World since they first opened that now there is a bunch of CONSOLE HATERS. Lets do a little history lesson. PSO v1 Dreamcast came out in 2000 followed by v2 on Dreamcast CONSOLE!
A few years later Pso EP 1&2 came out on GC & XBOX CONSOLES! Then it hit (cough) PC. Back then PSO was strictly a CONSOLE game. So to us who played back then it will always be a CONSOLE game.
Now let me give you a little more history. PSU came out on PC first (stupid mistake) and it was a PC only title, then a few months later PSU was on PS2 and XBOX 360, oh and side note they shut down the pc/ps2 servers for the lack of population, while on the XBOX 360 is still open to this day.
Last I checked XBOX 360 is a CONSOLE. Now PSO 2 is PC only, yes, but in a few months after they release it the same pso2 will be coming to CONSOLES (unless SEGA stopped liking money).
So why are all you crybaby PC'rs whining and bitching about CONSOLES for your getting it first and your going to play it first. When it comes out CONSOLES you will not be even affected by it so WTF! Stop bashing CONSOLES because if it weren't for CONSOLES PSO wouldn't even exist!
Relax, chill out, and be nice. There's enough of the game for everyone.

BIG OLAF
Jul 31, 2011, 12:37 AM
but in a few months after they release it the same pso2 will be coming to CONSOLES

So, when did you realize that you could see the future?

SpikeOtacon
Jul 31, 2011, 12:37 AM
What.

Vampiro_X
Jul 31, 2011, 12:39 AM
With my big brown beer goggles I can! ^^

Justyn_Darkcrest
Jul 31, 2011, 12:40 AM
Good rant buddy. Haven't had a good laugh in awhile.

Oh and, "This argument again?"

Vampiro_X
Jul 31, 2011, 12:42 AM
Honestly do you think Sega is that inept they wouldn't put out a version for the CONSOLES a few months after? Pfffft. You would have to be a dumb ass not to see it. PSU was on PC only first. Then it came on the CONSOLES. See the Pattern here? PSU/PC PSU/CONSOLES - PSO2/PC PSO2/CONSOLES! History repeats itself!

Nitro Vordex
Jul 31, 2011, 12:43 AM
I can't even respond to this due to the complete idiocy and keyboard vomit in the OP.

So I'll just laugh instead.

:lol:

Honestly do you think Sega is that inept

Yes.

beatrixkiddo
Jul 31, 2011, 12:44 AM
Now let me give you a little more history. PSU came out on PC first (stupid mistake) and it was a PC only title, then a few months later PSU was on PS2 and XBOX 360, oh and side note they shut down the pc/ps2 servers for the lack of population, while on the XBOX 360 is still open to this day.

You are so bad at this. PSU JP launched with PC and PS2 at the same time on the same server. Later, when the English version launched, it launched with PC and PS2 together on one server, as well as an international server for the 360.

Vampiro_X
Jul 31, 2011, 12:45 AM
Ok being directly honest here what is the main point all PC'rs don't want PSO2 on CONSOLE ? Besides being greedy, selfish, one sided, shallow people ?

Vampiro_X
Jul 31, 2011, 12:46 AM
I can't even respond to this due to the complete idiocy and keyboard vomit in the OP.

So I'll just laugh instead.

:lol:

Yes.

Laugh becuz you have no idea wtf is going on! Der Der Der.... ^^

Justyn_Darkcrest
Jul 31, 2011, 12:48 AM
Try reading the forums. There's an entire thread dedicated to this topic and all your questions are answered/countered in there.

SpikeOtacon
Jul 31, 2011, 12:48 AM
Ok being directly honest here what is the main point all PC'rs don't want PSO2 on CONSOLE ? Besides being greedy, selfish, one sided, shallow people ?

I have a large collection of Consoles, Handhelds, and a PC.

Your move, kid.

Palle
Jul 31, 2011, 12:49 AM

You forgot lecherous, impious, and obscene.

Speaking for myself, of course.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 31, 2011, 12:49 AM
PICO learning computer was the longest running SEGA CONSOLES, ever.

PSO2 confirmed for PICO.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 31, 2011, 12:54 AM
Laugh becuz you have no idea wtf is going on! Der Der Der.... ^^
Yeah, keep laughing kid. Enjoy not having PSO2 on your 360 right next to your Call of Duty.

Look, we're not really hating on the consoles. We're hating on the fact that having them on multiple consoles, as of late, would be a terrible idea when you look at their track record for PSU. Microsoft doesn't like updates without RIGOROUS EXAMINATION, which usually results in a week wait time. PS3 is just a harder console to develop for, supposedly. The Wii, we're not even going to go into why the Wii would be bad for a game like PSO2. Right now, PC would be the optimal platform for PSO2, as it could let them test it without having to have approvals from any companies, and also lose money from other companies.

On a side note, I own all sorts of consoles, dating back to a launch era big Genesis, all the way to an Xbox360.

Vampiro_X
Jul 31, 2011, 01:00 AM
Yeah, keep laughing kid. Enjoy not having PSO2 on your 360 right next to your Call of Duty.

Look, we're not really hating on the consoles. We're hating on the fact that having them on multiple consoles, as of late, would be a terrible idea when you look at their track record for PSU. Microsoft doesn't like updates without RIGOROUS EXAMINATION, which usually results in a week wait time. PS3 is just a harder console to develop for, supposedly. The Wii, we're not even going to go into why the Wii would be bad for a game like PSO2. Right now, PC would be the optimal platform for PSO2, as it could let them test it without having to have approvals from any companies, and also lose money from other companies.

On a side note, I own all sorts of consoles, dating back to a launch era big Genesis, all the way to an Xbox360.

Actually I can't stand any of the CoD titles! Microsoft doesn't like updates without RIGOROUS EXAMINATION, which usually results in a week wait time <--- how does this affect you on PC (running windows by Microsoft btw) ?

Supposing your playing PSO2 on Pc and Im playing on 360? How does updates on 360 affect you at all ? Totally different systems.

Now I can see your point about the Wii.

beatrixkiddo
Jul 31, 2011, 01:03 AM
Because the reason(excuse?) for the US server updates being so slow was that they wanted to keep the 360 and PC/PS2 at the same position, and Microsoft was slow on approving updates for the 360 version.

Powder Keg
Jul 31, 2011, 01:05 AM
Let's not forget about server separations / terrible porting.

I'm by no means a PC gamer....but I want PSO2 to be PC only. It only makes sense.

Vampiro_X
Jul 31, 2011, 01:09 AM
beatrixkiddo - US server updates being so slow was that they wanted to keep the 360 and PC/PS2 at the same position, and Microsoft was slow on approving updates for the 360 version.
I didn't know this.......that does make sense. I agree. Even though I'm planning on getting pso2 for my pc on release day. I just wanted to know why people didn't want the release on consoles! haha.

blace
Jul 31, 2011, 01:14 AM
There are people who want it on console, but if it was released onto multiple platforms it would only increase the workload needed to monitor all servers. With PC, I'm assuming that it would be easier to monitor the servers instead of having the feed redirected by another company, limiting their options.

amtalx
Jul 31, 2011, 01:34 AM
Despite the verbal diarrhea, it only seems logical for Sega to release a console version. Not because there is a grand conspiracy to offend PC gamers, but because Sega needs money and PC games simply don't bring home the bacon like they used to. Sega's Q2 financials are dismal for anyone paying attention. Its likely they cant afford multi-platform deployment right now, but following a successful PC release they will be a better spot to bolster their market position.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 31, 2011, 02:22 AM
^^
Bet you didn't know SEGA made a computer. Shouldn't have told you. You still don't know.

Kids be all ^_^ 12 yrs old. Not out of the range to use that computer vs regular ones. Closer to a console than a computer, your favorite too.

haha.
:nono:

Palle
Jul 31, 2011, 02:56 AM
:nono:

Us grumps need to harumph on these young chumps.

Vashyron
Jul 31, 2011, 01:07 PM
Ok lol'd.

This has been talked over and over, go look at the massive Console thread in PSO2 section, the same arguments used here is there and countered, seriously go read.

Anon_Fire
Jul 31, 2011, 03:01 PM
Because the reason(excuse?) for the US server updates being so slow was that they wanted to keep the 360 and PC/PS2 at the same position, and Microsoft was slow on approving updates for the 360 version.

Now that is the reason why.

Of course, PlayStation 3 would have been a better choice, but I sure wouldn't chance it. Not after how long we had to wait for PSN to come back online after it was taken down.

Ark22
Jul 31, 2011, 03:19 PM
Lol it happened once :P, it could happen to anyone.

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 31, 2011, 03:31 PM
I really like consoles. I have them all too. I'm perfectly fine with PSO2 being PC only. Keep it that way.

darkante
Jul 31, 2011, 03:43 PM
I love the PS serie way too much to care about what platform it gets on.
If it´s PC only, then i will gladly spend some cash to get a proper PC around its release.

amtalx
Jul 31, 2011, 03:55 PM
I love the PS serie way too much to care about what platform it gets on.
This 1000x.

Sinue_v2
Jul 31, 2011, 05:25 PM
Despite the verbal diarrhea, it only seems logical for Sega to release a console version. Not because there is a grand conspiracy to offend PC gamers, but because Sega needs money and PC games simply don't bring home the bacon like they used to. Sega's Q2 financials are dismal for anyone paying attention. Its likely they cant afford multi-platform deployment right now, but following a successful PC release they will be a better spot to bolster their market position.

You can take your facts and your logical assessments and get the fuck out of here. There is absolutely no place for rationality and perspective in PSO2 platform threads. What were you thinking?

-------------------------

I don't buy it. Sega has expressed frustration with both MS and Sony as rationalizations for why things aren't getting implemented, and the time (indefinitely in some cases) it's actually taking to get those issues resolved is far beyond the reasonable expectations for MS or Sony to be entirely at fault.

Considering that SoJ, SoE, and SoA haven't been able to drop their petty power struggle games, communicate effectively across regional HQs, and work as a collective and cohesive whole since the Genesis days is, to me, more than a little suggestive of a much deeper and more systemic issue at hand than whether or not MS or Sony's policies are holding Sega's online vision back.

If they can't even communicate within themselves properly, what the hell makes anyone think they're going to be able to communicate and cooperate with MS or Sony in an efficient and effective manner?

yoshiblue
Jul 31, 2011, 06:51 PM
Then out of nowhere BAM! the new SEGA Paragon(not a real console) is released! Yeah!!!!8-)

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 31, 2011, 08:20 PM
Then out of nowhere BAM! the new SEGA Paragon(not a real console) is released! Yeah!!!!8-)
Good/Bad Shepard?

They need to call it the Sega:Virtua Fighter/Virtual On playing machine.

SEGA Virtue? Fund it!

StriderTuna
Jul 31, 2011, 08:58 PM
You can take your facts and your logical assessments and get the fuck out of here. There is absolutely no place for rationality and perspective in PSO2 platform threads. What were you thinking?

-------------------------

I don't buy it. Sega has expressed frustration with both MS and Sony as rationalizations for why things aren't getting implemented, and the time (indefinitely in some cases) it's actually taking to get those issues resolved is far beyond the reasonable expectations for MS or Sony to be entirely at fault.

Considering that SoJ, SoE, and SoA haven't been able to drop their petty power struggle games, communicate effectively across regional HQs, and work as a collective and cohesive whole since the Genesis days is, to me, more than a little suggestive of a much deeper and more systemic issue at hand than whether or not MS or Sony's policies are holding Sega's online vision back.

If they can't even communicate within themselves properly, what the hell makes anyone think they're going to be able to communicate and cooperate with MS or Sony in an efficient and effective manner?

I've always figured Sega to be in a sort of decline but nothing like this. Not exactly a promising sign, not with Sega leaning on its dead hedgehog half the time. Tis pretty said to see Mario's rival end up on the same page as all the other wannabe contenders.

The PC market isn't that unreasonable in regards to MMORPGs as consoles are quite a ways behind the PC in this area. And even now as we speak there's a sizable PSO community playing on the PC.

On a side note I heard that Sega forces what's left of the sonic team to only do sonic games, not sure how true this is.

yoshiblue
Jul 31, 2011, 09:00 PM
Wish Crash Bandicoot would make a comeback.

StriderTuna
Jul 31, 2011, 09:27 PM
That reminds me what is Naughty dog doing these days? Still in order for a platformer to compete with Mario, a very talented mind is needed.

I heard a rumor that Yuji Naka shortly before he left Sega/Sonic team was going rather nutty.

Back on the main topic, I'm not sure how well PSO2 would do on the systems considering the general reputation level of jRPGs and the fact attempts to cultivate a jRPG market on the 360 had middling results. But it'd have a nice chance on the PSP/Vita as PS-P has made a niche there. That only leaves the question of if PSU/PS-P fans would like vanilla PSO or not.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 1, 2011, 12:04 AM
Fuck that.

Renegade 4 Lyfe.

thunder-ray
Aug 1, 2011, 12:51 AM
If PSO2 ends up being pc only then I better start learning what kind of things my pc needs to run PSO2 without too many problems.

Sinue_v2
Aug 1, 2011, 12:55 AM
I heard a rumor that Yuji Naka shortly before he left Sega/Sonic team was going rather nutty.

That's what happens when you have all these great ideas for fun and innovative games that continually get rejected so that your teams can work on more god damned Sonic titles.

Kidding aside, I think Naka was just getting a bit tired of the managerial rut and wanted to get a small development house going where he could call the shots and get back to programming and taking a more hands-on role in development. Sega actually gave him a lot of leeway to create new IPs, and he supposedly like working on all those Sonic titles. Perhaps that's just fluff to keep amicable relations with a business partner though. I do think I recall him stating after Ivy the Kiwi released that sales would determine whether or not it got a sequel, because otherwise he's really enjoy just creating new stuff that he thinks would be fun.

Speaking of which, I'm sure you heard... Yu Suzuki is leaving Sega this fall. Apparently he's tired of his "Window Seat" punishment for Shenmue's financial embarassment and is wanting to focus his attention on his new project, YS Net. That's like Miyamoto being involved in the 3DS's development and shelved by Nintendo after what's happened recently. You just don't do that to a fucking icon who's games are the epitome of your companies success and reputation. Yeah, Shenmue lost a lot of money at a very critical time... but it also revolutionized the game industry by introducing the "sand box" world that have been a feature of many of this generation's most popular titles. Hell, Sega's own Yakuza cash cow owes it's success to the groundwork laid by Shenmue. Not to mention that Suzuki is the first Japanese game developer to have his work be honored by the Smithsonian Museum for outstanding contributions to art and entertainment. His Virtua Fighter cabinet is now a permanent addition to the Smithsonian's collection, and is currently on display at the National Museum of American History.

You'd think they could give a little fucking leeway to a legend, ya know? In 10 years, nobody is going to remember who Hajime Satomi is. Nobody fucking knows who he is now! A faceless stuffed shirt CEO standing in a slow progression of other faceless stuff shirted CEO's. Yu Suzuki, on the other hand, is one of the founding fathers of the modern gaming industry, and transformed the arcade and hardware markets. His contributions have been indelibly scribed as an integral part of it's history. He was Sega's Miyamoto.

(Props to Isao Okawa, btw. Stuffed shirted CEO or not, I gotta respect any man who has so much faith in his company and their talent that he's willing to sink over half a billion dollars of his personal fortune into keeping it's books solvent through desperate financial times.)

amtalx
Aug 1, 2011, 01:06 AM
That reminds me what is Naughty dog doing these days? Still in order for a platformer to compete with Mario, a very talented mind is needed.

Mostly making Uncharted games.

At the risk of pulling an "internet tough guy" move, I'm going to declare that I've worked with MS certification for several years (not in a console capacity, mind you). Long story short, MS is very good at stating their requirements plainly. If you fail certification, it's either because you're lazy, or your deployment is unorthodox and waivers are needed for certain test cases. I wouldn't be surprised if waivers were needed for PSU updates to pass certification, but waivers can be reapplied to a particular test case for subsequent submissions so there is not much of an excuse for delays beyond the first update. MS is also aware the not every deployment will fit neatly into their architecture and makes the application process for waivers straight forward.

StriderTuna
Aug 1, 2011, 01:20 AM
That's what happens when you have all these great ideas for fun and innovative games that continually get rejected so that your teams can work on more god damned Sonic titles.

Kidding aside, I think Naka was just getting a bit tired of the managerial rut and wanted to get a small development house going where he could call the shots and get back to programming and taking a more hands-on role in development. Sega actually gave him a lot of leeway to create new IPs, and he supposedly like working on all those Sonic titles. Perhaps that's just fluff to keep amicable relations with a business partner though. I do think I recall him stating after Ivy the Kiwi released that sales would determine whether or not it got a sequel, because otherwise he's really enjoy just creating new stuff that he thinks would be fun.

Speaking of which, I'm sure you heard... Yu Suzuki is leaving Sega this fall. Apparently he's tired of his "Window Seat" punishment for Shenmue's financial embarassment and is wanting to focus his attention on his new project, YS Net. That's like Miyamoto being involved in the 3DS's development and shelved by Nintendo after what's happened recently. You just don't do that to a fucking icon who's games are the epitome of your companies success and reputation. Yeah, Shenmue lost a lot of money at a very critical time... but it also revolutionized the game industry by introducing the "sand box" world that have been a feature of many of this generation's most popular titles. Hell, Sega's own Yakuza cash cow owes it's success to the groundwork laid by Shenmue. Not to mention that Suzuki is the first Japanese game developer to have his work be honored by the Smithsonian Museum for outstanding contributions to art and entertainment. His Virtua Fighter cabinet is now a permanent addition to the Smithsonian's collection, and is currently on display at the National Museum of American History.

You'd think they could give a little fucking leeway to a legend, ya know? In 10 years, nobody is going to remember who Hajime Satomi is. Nobody fucking knows who he is now! A faceless stuffed shirt CEO standing in a slow progression of other faceless stuff shirted CEO's. Yu Suzuki, on the other hand, is one of the founding fathers of the modern gaming industry, and transformed the arcade and hardware markets. His contributions have been indelibly scribed as an integral part of it's history. He was Sega's Miyamoto.

(Props to Isao Okawa, btw. Stuffed shirted CEO or not, I gotta respect any man who has so much faith in his company and their talent that he's willing to sink over half a billion dollars of his personal fortune into keeping it's books solvent through desperate financial times.)

That's a trend I've been noticing: companies dicking over key figures in a narrow minded greedy views. Capcom's lost a good chunk of their talent due to such things, Square's lost a chink of their prime talent. And there's rumors that Hideo Kojima may strike out on his own soon.

With Yu Suzuki leaving, what's Sega going to do to make money? Make more mediocre sonic games? Blotch up something Namco/capcom style?

The day Nintendo screws over Miyamoto is the beginning of the end of video games. I mean a 1980's style crash End.

In short I predict in time, these giants will begin to collaspe under their own weight (as they lost what supports them) and the meek will inherit the industry. That and Nintendo.

Vampiro_X
Aug 1, 2011, 07:40 PM
lol u mad bro?

We would just import it, derpie. Know what's really funny, though?

The fact that it's not coming to consoles and you'll never be able to play it. LOLOLOLOL

Go rage somewhere else.

Why would I be mad I can play it on my PC, I just hate the fucking morons here that think there better then console players. You'll eat your words by mid March when it IS released on Console too Malachite, mark my words. There's more console gamers then PC gamers and Segas looking at this and it's basically just a cash cow to be made. Look how many people want a console version and Sega is taking notice. You have your little PSo2 first, we can wait for it!

Vashyron
Aug 1, 2011, 07:41 PM
That would be so f*cking funny! HAHA. All of the (cough) "PC ELITISTS" getting all excited for a new pso and Sega pulls the plug on a NA/UK release. I would laugh my ass off! Literally. Now I'm actually hoping they do!

See this logic is flawless because absolutely no players here have the intention of getting the Japanese version anyway, yep none of them.

Nor does anyone here play Japanese PSU or PSP2i, yep.

...:wacko:

Malachite
Aug 1, 2011, 07:45 PM
Lmao, soo sensitive ]:. I'll eat my words? I don't give half a shit whether or not it comes out on consoles lol. I just find it amusing to see how RAGIN' you are over the fact that you won't be able to play it, and how you're trying to take it out on the people who WILL be playing it... but we just lol at you.

Anon_Fire
Aug 1, 2011, 07:48 PM
Why would I be mad I can play it on my PC, I just hate the fucking morons here that think there better then console players. You'll eat your words by mid March when it IS released on Console too Malachite, mark my words. There's more console gamers then PC gamers and Segas looking at this and it's basically just a cash cow to be made. Look how many people want a console version and Sega is taking notice. You have your little PSo2 first, we can wait for it!

Oh? Why dont you list 5 reasons why you and your "friends" want PSO2 to come to consoles then.

Vampiro_X
Aug 1, 2011, 07:49 PM
LOL @ me? Whose angry! I'm very much laughing at you and your moronic statements......if i wanted to hear something smarter then you id fart! Don't state facts unless you know the truth.

Malachite: "OOooOOoo I'm playing PSO2 on my PC, I'm GOD"! <----Looo-ssss-eeeeR!

Vashyron
Aug 1, 2011, 07:51 PM
I think it's time you went back to your Console topic in the rants section. :)

BIG OLAF
Aug 1, 2011, 07:51 PM
LOL @ me? Whose angry! I'm very much laughing at you and your moronic statements......if i wanted to hear something smarter then you id fart! Don't state facts unless you know the truth.

Malachite: "OOooOOoo I'm playing PSO2 on my PC, I'm GOD"! <----Looo-ssss-eeeeR!

This guy isn't very good at flaming.

Anon_Fire
Aug 1, 2011, 07:56 PM
Ok Vampiro, what are your 5 reasons why you and your "friends" want PSO2 to come to consoles.

Vampiro_X
Aug 1, 2011, 08:00 PM
1. The Entertainment Hub
This one’s pretty simple and no surprise to anyone who’s even been near an Xbox or a PS3 in the past two years, but they do more than play games. A lot more. And it’s constantly growing. The Xbox360 which has always functioned a network media player now has access to (admittedly bandwidth blowing) Foxtel content and HD movies on demand. The big advantage here, of course, is that your console is already plugged into your TV – unlike most PCs.

2. Console exclusives Like it or lump it, there are still a host of games that are coming out exclusive to a console. Uncharted 3, InFamous 2, The Last Guardian, LA Noire – these are just a couple of the big names. And trust us – they are big names. Uncharted is one of the best loved action series in gaming today.

3. PSN and XBLA
If you’re looking for fresh gaming with an unusual twist, then both Sony’s and Microsoft’s gaming networks are the place to be. Smaller independent gaming studios are able to offer up content to an enormous audience (69 million registered users for PSN, 60 million for Xbox Live) without the costs of physical manufacturing and delivery. This has created an environment where game development is actually a viable business for people working outside of the EA, THQ, 2K style companies.

4. Interfaces
Keyboard and mouse. That’s pretty much what the PC has been using for the past 30 or so years. The Move with the PlayStation combines the best elements of the Wii with better sensitivity, great graphics and overall a great sense of control. (And if you don’t believe me, try the Move edition of Heavy Rain). Xbox has Kinect, of course, and while it’s been met with a mixed reaction, most of that can be attributed to the lack of any truly essential games for it. Microsoft cleverly included the capacity for Kinect to work as an interface for the non-gaming elements of the Xbox

5. PSO started on Console (Dreamcast)

So, in conclusion, am I suggesting that the PC is dead as a gaming device? Of course not – it’s always going to have the better graphics, the faster speeds and be the favourite of the FPS and MMO gamers. What I’m suggesting is that the seventh gen gaming consoles have shown a truly impressive capacity to adapt and grow, given that the technology is around 5-6 years old.

BIG OLAF
Aug 1, 2011, 08:04 PM
STFU OLAF it takes a bit to type out shit!

Whoa, bro. Let's be cool here.

Anon_Fire
Aug 1, 2011, 08:12 PM
1. The Entertainment Hub
This one’s pretty simple and no surprise to anyone who’s even been near an Xbox or a PS3 in the past two years, but they do more than play games. A lot more. And it’s constantly growing. The Xbox360 which has always functioned a network media player now has access to (admittedly bandwidth blowing) Foxtel content and HD movies on demand. The big advantage here, of course, is that your console is already plugged into your TV – unlike most PCs.

I'm not going into that.

2. Console exclusives Like it or lump it, there are still a host of games that are coming out exclusive to a console. Uncharted 3, InFamous 2, The Last Guardian, LA Noire – these are just a couple of the big names. And trust us – they are big names. Uncharted is one of the best loved action series in gaming today.

Um, Phantasy Star is not well known in the West.

3. PSN and XBLA
If you’re looking for fresh gaming with an unusual twist, then both Sony’s and Microsoft’s gaming networks are the place to be. Smaller independent gaming studios are able to offer up content to an enormous audience (69 million registered users for PSN, 60 million for Xbox Live) without the costs of physical manufacturing and delivery. This has created an environment where game development is actually a viable business for people working outside of the EA, THQ, 2K style companies.

Do you want to risk a possibility that PSN might get hacked again, no way. XBOX Live? In your dreams.

4. Interfaces
Keyboard and mouse. That’s pretty much what the PC has been using for the past 30 or so years. The Move with the PlayStation combines the best elements of the Wii with better sensitivity, great graphics and overall a great sense of control. (And if you don’t believe me, try the Move edition of Heavy Rain). Xbox has Kinect, of course, and while it’s been met with a mixed reaction, most of that can be attributed to the lack of any truly essential games for it. Microsoft cleverly included the capacity for Kinect to work as an interface for the non-gaming elements of the Xbox

Absolutely not to both PS Move or Kinect

5. PSO started on Console (Dreamcast)

Maybe so, but this is 2011. There is no reason to repeat past mistakes like PSU.

So, in conclusion, am I suggesting that the PC is dead as a gaming device? Of course not – it’s always going to have the better graphics, the faster speeds and be the favourite of the FPS and MMO gamers. What I’m suggesting is that the seventh gen gaming consoles have shown a truly impressive capacity to adapt and grow, given that the technology is around 5-6 years old.

PC's will continue to evolve and become more powerful for years to come.

StriderTuna
Aug 1, 2011, 08:17 PM
You know I think a low-tier gaming worthy computer is cheaper than a PS3/X360 at this point and instead of having to pay 400+ bucks for an upgrade, you can buy new parts for your PC at a lower price.

Also I don't think people are being PC elitists, but rather they understand the PC is far kinder a place for a game like PSO2 than the console. And the original PSO was on a system that lost BADLY.

And guess what? I'm mostly a console gamer.

yoshiblue
Aug 1, 2011, 08:18 PM
I don't care if it came out to a console but...

It would or "could" bring in a wider audience and this time SEGA could pull the "This is a special version" ordeal. It coming to console later does not mean it has to hinder the PC version in anyway. It could have its own content and its own upgrades apart from the PC version. Sure people will start to want stuff and some will be displeased, like when the US wants the same stuff from Japan right away, they don't have to do so.

Shenmue was jaw dropping when I first saw it. It was great to play as well.

str898mustang
Aug 1, 2011, 08:26 PM
Consoles hold a game back. Look at all the reskins on 360 PSU. Look how long it takes for an update to get approved b/c of Microsoft.

Vampiro_X
Aug 1, 2011, 08:42 PM
The consoles will grow and prosper in the future as well. In such a short time consoles have become much much more PC like and will one day may even integrate into a PC CONSOLE. But I know 2 things. There's a 69 million PS owners and 60 million xbox owners that number grows daily. History repeats itself and will, PSU was PC first, and shortly after came the consoles. Hence, PSO2 on pc first, then consoles will get it.

Vashyron
Aug 1, 2011, 09:14 PM
PSU was PC first, and shortly after came the consoles. Hence, PSO2 on pc first, then consoles will get it. Maybe it's time you realized that PSU was made first for PS2, then Ported to PC and 360.

PC Being the only alive variant in Japan while 360 is treated like crap, it's around 2 years behind and now is receiving updates with no new item models and they have shown that they really don't test their updates with the various obvious bugs they leave around (and still are around), what do you think they favor at this point?

At least have a understanding of what your talking about before you post.

integrate into a PC CONSOLE.Lol.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 1, 2011, 09:18 PM
Lol.
That's pretty much what I've been doing this whole thread.

Anon_Fire
Aug 1, 2011, 09:22 PM
This rant has "console fanboy" written all over it.

Vashyron
Aug 1, 2011, 09:23 PM
That's pretty much what I've been doing this whole thread.

Sadly, some of the raging lulz on this discussion has been deleted.

StriderTuna
Aug 1, 2011, 09:33 PM
This rant has "console fanboy" written all over it.

Yeah, I'm a primarily a console player, but even I agree the PC would be a better place for a game like PSO2.

Dhylec
Aug 1, 2011, 10:26 PM
I think everyone has said what wanted to say. This topic is now just serving ground for lolz & post +1. Let the dead horse rest for now.