PDA

View Full Version : Should PSO-World choose the same World(Server)?

Ark22
Jul 31, 2011, 05:42 PM
I mean if all of us wanted to game with each other =D wouldn't that be a good idea?

Vashyron
Jul 31, 2011, 05:44 PM
I can already see it happening, (Though I suspect to the scale of the whole English community) can't do anything until we know the Server names and such though. :wacko:

Ark22
Jul 31, 2011, 05:45 PM
I mean it would be funny if all 12 of the players in the map were from the PSO2 Forum. Example, VASH IS THAT YOU O:?*Team up*

Rizen
Jul 31, 2011, 06:49 PM
I wouldn't mind being on the same world as everyone else on PSOW. It would make meeting my old friends from PSU a lot easier. I would also like to do a Meet and Greet when PSO2 comes out so this would be perfect to know in advance what server everyone will be playing on.

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 31, 2011, 06:52 PM
That would be cool. A lot of PSOWorld users playing together :3

Ark22
Well when we find out what the server names are, we can pick and choose :P. That way it will be populated enough and then some.

BIG OLAF
I'll put my current PSU friends (people I've met and played with) first and foremost on "people to play on a server with."

This is going to come off as a bit rude, but there are very few people here I'd actually take pleasure in running with on PSO2.

yoshiblue
Jul 31, 2011, 06:53 PM
I will laugh is a channel/loddy was call PSOW. People complain now but I bet a few people will stick a little close to Olaf lulz.

@Olaf: No problem, you watch my back I watch yours. I doubt people would form a scared band though. That would be creepy IMO.

Ark22
Jul 31, 2011, 06:55 PM
Lol fine by me. I usually only play with my friend EclipsXe. I just need some people to team up with xD. So you could also call this a team up thread.

Rizen
Jul 31, 2011, 06:55 PM
I'll put my current PSU friends (people I've met and played with) first and foremost on "people to play on a server with."

This is going to come off as a bit rude, but there are very few people here I'd actually take pleasure in running with on PSO2.

Nothing rude about it. Friends first as I see it. For me, most of my friends from PSO and PSU have been from PSOW, so I like to stay with the community....even with the few bad apples that are destined to be about.

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 31, 2011, 06:59 PM
That's cool Ark. We can team up like we did in PSP2.

yoshiblue
Jul 31, 2011, 07:02 PM
We could just make a group to join. You know the one that shows up on your profile?

Team PSOW! Go!!!

Ark22
Jul 31, 2011, 07:02 PM
Totally! I miss playing psp2 actually. Wish I didn't mess up my psp.

But on a relevant note, is this a good idea guys and gals?

Enforcer MKV
Jul 31, 2011, 07:03 PM
Hold on, Ark, wasn't this my idea?

Ark22
Jul 31, 2011, 07:05 PM
sorry if I did...steal..your idea. =( I don't own this idea in anyway Dx

LionHeart-
Jul 31, 2011, 07:06 PM
To be honest, either PSOW / Sega forums would do great. Its the only places I know my old dudes/dudette would show up, to re-connect with. Anyone have any idea if teams are in this game like in PSOBB, I am sure guild cards are in :P...

Enforcer MKV
Jul 31, 2011, 07:06 PM
I wonder if his character will have Big Blue boobs >.>

And sorry if I did...steal..your idea. =( I don't own this idea in anyway Dx

Damn straight.

rezakon
Jul 31, 2011, 07:08 PM
It's a good idea for many of us but for others it wouldn't be as they already have pre-established relationships with people from the other games that might choose another server.

Ideal way would be to get the friends to play on a "PSOW" designated server so that you have the best of both worlds but some people will just look at it bring "the english server" and eventually that branding will turn them away from joining it.

Ark22
Jul 31, 2011, 07:09 PM
Didn't I hear somewhere there were 8 worlds correct? Or am I just trippin

Kimil Adrayne
Jul 31, 2011, 07:12 PM
If English speaking players end up being a minority on the severs, we will likely end up bunching together. It'll happen naturally.

Ark22
Jul 31, 2011, 07:14 PM
If English speaking players end up being a minority on the severs, we will likely end up bunching together. It'll happen naturally.

Better join us and bring some cake while you're at it.

Kimil Adrayne
Jul 31, 2011, 07:17 PM
Better join us and bring some cake while you're at it.

Trimates alright if no cakes exist? :)

Edit ---

That or Resta, planning on playing as Hunter/medic again.

Kimil Adrayne
Jul 31, 2011, 07:23 PM
I miss playing with a certain consortium of vent crew folks, I hope I end up on the same severs as them.

Ark22
Jul 31, 2011, 07:26 PM
I doubt I will run into any of my old friends from PSOBB

BIG OLAF
Jul 31, 2011, 07:30 PM
I doubt I will run into any of my old friends from PSOBB

Well, that's why you should have kept an open line of communication with them. With me, my friends, and PSU, it's easy since we also have Xbox LIVE as a central "hub" of communication. Therefor, I've never lost contact with any of my good friends, even if they ended up quitting PSU itself. It'll also make it easy to talk with them whilst we play, since XBL has that 8-way party chat feature.

Kimil Adrayne
Jul 31, 2011, 07:33 PM
I at least know Dragwind still plays, but other than that I haven't seen or heard from any of them in years myself. One guy I met on PSU actually ended up going to same University as me, and we camp and drink togerhter often now.

Lately I've been convincing RL friends to import the game with me. Hoping for the best :)

Ark22
Jul 31, 2011, 07:33 PM
I at least know Dragwind still plays, but other than that I haven't seen or heard from any of them in years myself. One guy I met on PSU actually ended up going to same University as me, and we camp and drink togerhter often now.

Lately I've been convincing RL friends to import the game with me. Hoping for the best :)

My University is pretty friggen huge.. May just start a PSO2 club

Kimil Adrayne
Jul 31, 2011, 07:38 PM
Start/join a general gaming club instead Ark and then introduce them to PSO2 when its closer to release.

Also: I don't understanding people idolizing others over forums like this, never will.

Ark22
Jul 31, 2011, 07:40 PM
Start/join a general gaming club instead Ark and then introduce them to PSO2 when its closer to release.

Also: I don't understanding people idolizing others over forums like this, never will.

GOOD IDEA =D!

NoiseHERO
Jul 31, 2011, 08:01 PM
I don't wanna play with any of you snooty brats.

Ark22
Jul 31, 2011, 08:02 PM
I don't wanna play with any of you snooty brats.

Love you to man. ;D

Vashyron
Jul 31, 2011, 08:04 PM
You guys shouldn't be thinking about this too much anyway, very possible they'll just throw away the idea of not being able to swap servers sooner or later.

Ark22
Jul 31, 2011, 08:06 PM
If they do throw away the idea...atleast we have each other right =D?

r00tabaga
Jul 31, 2011, 08:56 PM
They should make one world a bikini/bath towel world. One world to rule them all! You know I'll be there FO sho!!!

yoshiblue
Jul 31, 2011, 08:58 PM
Red Ring Rico! The one ring to rule them all!

Why not Rappy world. A ruin lobby would be cool too.

lostinseganet
Jul 31, 2011, 09:28 PM
You should have made a poll.

ColonD
Jul 31, 2011, 09:36 PM
I'll make a character on any server that's picked, sure, and try to convince my friends to join it. How would you pick a server, though? Just plain old poll with the names of them?

I know I'd totally vote for a Rykros if they had one.

AzureBlaze
Jul 31, 2011, 10:02 PM
PSOW used to have an 'official area'.
Back on PSO, it had a ship name & block that the people went to.

Different ships & blocks had purposes, back on PSO.
In Japan side, you went to a certain one to do Cmode games. ALL games there were Cmode ones, named accordingly.

In the USA, I think Anteres 8 was for battle.
Miranda...7?
Oberon was for hacking and FSODs
Ariel you could usually get normal games on

For some reason I can't remember PSOW's ship+block or I'd post it here. Mods probably recall, however. Since it had one at one point, I wouldn't be surprised if another was established on pso2, depending on how they play the "worlds/entrances/whatever"

The important thing being the ability to move/switch once your chars are established. Otherwise, enjoy deleting your people and starting from lvl 1 with 0 items because you wanted to play somewhere else, or the 'world' you chose turned out to be unpopular 6 months down the road. With fixed 'you make it here and you're done', there's too much that could go wrong causing you to have to erase/start over. More creativity, more possibility, more freedom is the answer to fun--not less freedom & more hazards.

Ryoten
Aug 1, 2011, 04:28 PM
PSOW had Uni 15 for everyone from the forums to come & meet up with one another. Met some of my greatest friends there as well. & who can forget about Parn? He was the one that made being half-naked cool. lol

Rizen
Aug 1, 2011, 05:20 PM
PSOW had Uni 15 for everyone from the forums to come & meet up with one another. Met some of my greatest friends there as well. & who can forget about Parn? He was the one that made being half-naked cool. lol
What about me! :(

Corey Blue
Aug 1, 2011, 05:23 PM
I want to play with everybody,gotta share my love.;-)

BIG OLAF
Aug 1, 2011, 05:33 PM
I want to play with everybody,gotta share my love.;-)

There's only a few people on this site that I would even think about playing with. Everyone else would just get a quick "Hello" in the lobby (if that)...well, except for the handful of people I'll be blacklisting/blocking the moment I see them.

Syndrome
Aug 1, 2011, 06:35 PM
PSOW used to have an 'official area'.
Back on PSO, it had a ship name & block that the people went to.

Different ships & blocks had purposes, back on PSO.
In Japan side, you went to a certain one to do Cmode games. ALL games there were Cmode ones, named accordingly.

In the USA, I think Anteres 8 was for battle.
Miranda...7?
Oberon was for hacking and FSODs
Ariel you could usually get normal games on

For some reason I can't remember PSOW's ship+block or I'd post it here. Mods probably recall, however. Since it had one at one point, I wouldn't be surprised if another was established on pso2, depending on how they play the "worlds/entrances/whatever"

The important thing being the ability to move/switch once your chars are established. Otherwise, enjoy deleting your people and starting from lvl 1 with 0 items because you wanted to play somewhere else, or the 'world' you chose turned out to be unpopular 6 months down the road. With fixed 'you make it here and you're done', there's too much that could go wrong causing you to have to erase/start over. More creativity, more possibility, more freedom is the answer to fun--not less freedom & more hazards.

I think PSOW hung out in PUCK 6-1 in the old days. I visited there a lot, but I really hung around Miranda 9-1 with the few friends I had on there. Yeah, Oberon was totally FSOD central!

Enforcer MKV
Aug 1, 2011, 09:39 PM
Seeing as all of my friends are raging at the fact it won't be on consoles (from the looks of things, at least.) I need new people to play with.....

WiZ1988
Aug 1, 2011, 11:11 PM
This is a good idea. I too will need some others to play with. Don't care who I play the game with as long as they don't piss me off too much.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 1, 2011, 11:12 PM
This is a good idea. I too will need some others to play with. Don't care who I play the game with as long as they don't piss me off too much.

Agreed! So long as they bear in mind that people have opinions, I'll be happy. No fighting, please, unless it's against the monsters!

Sandstorm
Aug 1, 2011, 11:21 PM
I've played with a few people from here on PSO:BB and PSU. Had lots of fun too. Wouldn't mind doing it again for PSO2.

Ark22
Aug 2, 2011, 10:43 AM
At work :O (I'm a baaadddd maaannn using my work computer) Anyway, (gotta hurry before my boss see's) =D should we make this a poll?

Fayorei
Aug 2, 2011, 11:18 AM
Mite be cool.;)

Honestly I probably would join the PSOW lobby. Everyone I played PSO/PSU with is MIA.:-?

Ark22
Aug 2, 2011, 11:56 AM
Mite be cool.;)

Honestly I probably would join the PSOW lobby. Everyone I played PSO/PSU with is MIA.:-?

Lol we can team up if you have no one to play with :P. I just got a tower on the way for building..well the money atleast. I never gamed PC so, I will have nobody.

Malachite
Aug 2, 2011, 12:00 PM
I'll most likely be on the PSOW world, if there is one.

Ark22
Aug 2, 2011, 12:21 PM
I'll most likely be on the PSOW world, if there is one.

That is why I made this thread mah boi! =]

Ryoten
Aug 2, 2011, 02:33 PM
What about me! :(

I haven't forgotten about ya Rizen. lol I'm hoping to get the old crew back together man. I'm aiming to fill my first row of partner cards with my old friends.

chibiLegolas
Aug 2, 2011, 03:43 PM

Agree.
But in the beginning, it'll be nice to all agree to a specific server anyways. I'm looking forward to bumping into old friends & meet new ones. :)

Enforcer MKV
Aug 2, 2011, 06:55 PM
I'm just hoping to find a party that doesn't argue....there's gotta be three other people who would be ok with just.....playing.

Zyrusticae
Aug 2, 2011, 06:58 PM
I find most people are far more amicable in-game than they are on, say, an internet forum like this.

For some reason.

Might be worth studying...

Enforcer MKV
Aug 2, 2011, 07:01 PM
I find most people are far more amicable in-game than they are on, say, an internet forum like this.

For some reason.

So long as we aren't arguing over customization, I'm happy! :P

•Col•
Aug 2, 2011, 07:03 PM

For some reason.

Well most of us play with a controller. I don't know about other people, but I'm too lazy to continually switch back and forth from the controller and keyboard. :(

BIG OLAF
Aug 2, 2011, 07:05 PM
I mostly won't be taking the time to type anything, since a large majority of people I'll be playing with will be able to communicate with me via headset.

NoiseHERO
Aug 2, 2011, 07:05 PM
Troll with one hand mash triangle with the other.

ALL DAY
EVERY DAY

Enforcer MKV
Aug 2, 2011, 07:07 PM
I mostly won't be taking the time to type anything, since a large majority of people I'll be playing with will be able to communicate with me via headset.

That's another thing, uh, if we do play, do you think they'll have a voice chat system implemented in the full version, or does everyone use an outside system, like Xfire?

BIG OLAF
Aug 2, 2011, 07:09 PM
That's another thing, uh, if we do play, do you think they'll have a voice chat system implemented in the full version, or does everyone use an outside system, like Xfire?

Well, whether they do or not, I'll still just use Xbox LIVE with all my friends from PSU. I don't need Xfire or any of that jazz.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 2, 2011, 07:11 PM
Well, whether they do or not, I'll still just use Xbox LIVE with all my friends from PSU. I don't need Xfire or any of that jazz.

That's true. I have to watch the electric bill over here though, so maybe not....

eh, so many factors.

Ark22
Aug 2, 2011, 09:03 PM
That's true. I have to watch the electric bill over here though, so maybe not....

eh, so many factors.

I swear my bill will be $1000 a month...I will be on this game..FOR ALOONNGG TIME. EVERY EFFIN NIGHT WITH MOUNTAIN DEW AND LAYS CLASSIC LARGE SIZE CHIPS ONLY $5.99 AT YOUR NEAREST SUPER MARKET OR GO ONLINE TO ORDER NOW. so yeh..everyday, 24/7

WiZ1988
Aug 2, 2011, 10:33 PM
I'm just hoping to find a party that doesn't argue....there's gotta be three other people who would be ok with just.....playing.

I'm with you on that one. We will definitely have to play some. Should be a good time.

Yeah I plan on playing a lot when this games released. I'm taking 17 hours this fall so it all depends on what time of year it is for me.

Electric bills a bitch. I need to be better about it. Life was so much easier before bills and bullshit.

NoiseHERO
Aug 2, 2011, 10:34 PM
What kind of loser argues ingame, trolling is faster and more fun.

The Last Baron
Aug 2, 2011, 11:30 PM
I Think That It Would Be Cool If PSOW Chose To Play On One World, However, I Think It Would Also Be Cool If The Entire PSO2 Community Organized An All CAST World Because CASTS Are The Coolest And Best Race. Also, I'm Glad The Beast Race Is Gone.

Fayorei
Aug 2, 2011, 11:39 PM
Lol we can team up if you have no one to play with :P. I just got a tower on the way for building..well the money atleast. I never gamed PC so, I will have nobody.

Heh, know that feel. I'll probably be playing on low graphics on my laptop, high on my tower.:D

ALSO BACK IN MY DAY IN PSO BB we found time to kill and chat! Why these days! ... *ramble fades, grumble, back to sleep*

Sord
Aug 2, 2011, 11:54 PM
I remember posting this question somewhere in one of these threads. Lord only knows which one, good thing someone made the same question into a thread.

If a world does begin to have a PSOW heavy playerbase, that will probably be the one I start in. I won't actively seek any out, but I'd (probably) be more likely to play with them if I found out who they were.

Ark22
Aug 3, 2011, 12:27 AM
Heh, know that feel. I'll probably be playing on low graphics on my laptop, high on my tower.:D

ALSO BACK IN MY DAY IN PSO BB we found time to kill and chat! Why these days! ... *ramble fades, grumble, back to sleep*

PsoBB all I did Episode 4 was GIFOIE x 5 then chat =D after it hit five times, repeat and the occasional S/D

The Last Baron
Aug 3, 2011, 03:33 AM
I remember posting this question somewhere in one of these threads. Lord only knows which one, good thing someone made the same question into a thread.

If a world does begin to have a PSOW heavy playerbase, that will probably be the one I start in. I won't actively seek any out, but I'd (probably) be more likely to play with them if I found out who they were.

Yeah Man, It'd Be Great To Play With The Guys From This Community. This Community Offers Some Of The Most Respectful Players I've Ever Gamed With, And Those I Haven't Gamed With Are Pretty Chill Dudes, It Seems. Everyone Here Is So Open-Minded~

Enforcer MKV
Aug 3, 2011, 05:58 AM
Yeah Man, It'd Be Great To Play With The Guys From This Community. This Community Offers Some Of The Most Respectful Players I've Ever Gamed With, And Those I Haven't Gamed With Are Pretty Chill Dudes, It Seems. Everyone Here Is So Open-Minded~

lol, don't check some of the other forum topics, it can get ugly. XD

a la SUDDENLY!

[SPOILER-BOX]RAGEFEST!![/SPOILER-BOX]

Blueblur
Aug 3, 2011, 06:11 AM
There's only a few people on this site that I would even think about playing with. Everyone else would just get a quick "Hello" in the lobby (if that)...well, except for the handful of people I'll be blacklisting/blocking the moment I see them.

Damn.

Nuclearranger
Aug 3, 2011, 08:55 AM
Chances are there will only be one world on the USA side anyway....

Totori
Aug 3, 2011, 12:14 PM
No, I can see there being at least 3 at the most. But it might be better if we all started on the same world.

The Last Baron
Aug 3, 2011, 02:26 PM
lol, don't check some of the other forum topics, it can get ugly. XD

a la SUDDENLY!

[SPOILER-BOX]RAGEFEST!![/SPOILER-BOX]

Hey Dude, No Need To Try And Hate On This Wonderful Community. There Are So Many Great People Here Whom I'd Love To Game With. It's Easy To Ignore People Who Try And Troll The Boards. Trolls Are Easy To Spot. That Said, A Good Troll Every Now And Then Is Kind Of Funny And Adds Spice To A Community.

Either Way, I Think You Need To Be A Little More Grateful For This Wonderful Things This Community Has To Offer Instead Of Focusing On The Things You Don't Like.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 3, 2011, 08:23 PM
Hey Dude, No Need To Try And Hate On This Wonderful Community. There Are So Many Great People Here Whom I'd Love To Game With. It's Easy To Ignore People Who Try And Troll The Boards. Trolls Are Easy To Spot. That Said, A Good Troll Every Now And Then Is Kind Of Funny And Adds Spice To A Community.

Either Way, I Think You Need To Be A Little More Grateful For This Wonderful Things This Community Has To Offer Instead Of Focusing On The Things You Don't Like.

*cocks head to the side inquisitively* Huh? I've only been here a week or two, and I love these guys, already.

No hate here, just trying to have fun.

I just like the spoiler boxes and sizes and all. It's fun and adds a little spice, I'm not trolling. :D

Natey009
Aug 4, 2011, 05:05 PM
I thought it was funny