PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 PC only?

PSW4L
Aug 2, 2011, 03:11 AM
Is this game going to be PC only? Sorry I'm not really up to date on all the latest info. I'm hoping it will be on Xbox or at least some other system. I don't like playing games on a computer.:-(

Tyreek
Aug 2, 2011, 03:17 AM
Correct. That is what the creator is feeling they will have more freedom on developing this game.

PSW4L
Aug 2, 2011, 03:22 AM
Too bad. Is there any way I can connect my computer to my tv so I can play it on that? And what about somehow using a controller? I might still get this game if I could do something like that.

Sandstorm
Aug 2, 2011, 03:24 AM
I play with my computer connected to my tv, just depends if your tv will support it.

PSW4L
Aug 2, 2011, 03:29 AM
I play with my computer connected to my tv, just depends if your tv will support it.

Is it hard to do or is it easy like using some connector cable?

And thanks for the answers guys.:-)

blace
Aug 2, 2011, 03:32 AM
Most flat screens these days come with input similar to a computer monitors, or you could get a graphics card with an HDMI output and use that to connect it to a tv.

But I'm just assuming you might have one. Otherwise the methods are a bit different for an older model tv with composite cables.

PSW4L
Aug 2, 2011, 03:45 AM
Yeah my tv is pretty new so I guess I could do that. Thanks for the help guys!

pikachief
Aug 2, 2011, 03:53 AM
if u have a wired xbox controller i believe you should be able to use that. If not there are some cheap PC controllers that u can buy and connect to your PC, and yes most newer TVs do have an input that is very similar to a computer monitor's input :)

Hotobu
Aug 2, 2011, 04:24 AM
There's 3 ways you can connect to an HD TV, but the most surefire way, and the one that requires the least amount of thinking is to buy a DVI -> HDMI cable and use that. Any video card capable of running the game will have a DVI port, and every HDTV has an HDMI input.

As for controllers PS3 controllers can be hooked up with any USB A -> B connector, any wired 360 controller works, and you can buy a 360 receiver to use wireless ones.

Nuclearranger
Aug 2, 2011, 08:34 AM
Don't understand why PC is an issue for people.

PC's use 360 controlers too (USB?)
PC's connect to any modern TV with an HDMI cable. (Great for movies too)

EvilMag
Aug 2, 2011, 08:49 AM
I'd rather have PSO2 be PC only. PSU on consoles is what held that back I mean hello PS2.