PDA

View Full Version : This Is Gonna Be The Best Game Ever

The Last Baron
Aug 2, 2011, 11:21 PM
Omg Guys, You Have No Idea How Excited I Am For This Game. I Mean, Have You Looked At The Art Syle? It's Got The Perfect Blend Of PSO And PSU If You Ask Me. It's Not Super Anime Style RPG Like PSU, And It's Not Old Dusty Polygons Like PSO. To Me, This Is Super Awesome.

Also, I Would Like To Point Out How Fluid The Combat System Looks. I Mean, At First I Was Thinking, "Wow, This Is Going To Be Way Too Fast-Paced Of A Game" But Then I Was Like, "Wow, Nevermind, The Enemies Are Pretty Durable, And That Is The Perfect Counter-Balance To A Fast-Action Game."

I Mean Seriously, Between The Art, Pacing, Combat (Did You See Those Insane Combo Possibilities?), And The Enemy Durability, This Game Is Truly A Stand-Out Among Modern MMORPGs, And I, For One, Will Be Giving SEGA My Hard-Earned Money, Even If It Never Comes Out In The USA And I Have To Play In Japanese.

Good Job SEGA, You've Made Me Proud.

BIG OLAF
Aug 2, 2011, 11:24 PM
How long did it take you to type that post? You capitalized every word.

Anyway, PSO2 looks very good. But, best game ever? Nah.

The Last Baron
Aug 2, 2011, 11:27 PM
How Long Did It Take You To Realize You Were Wrong About PSO2 Being The Best Game Ever? Oh Wait, You Still Haven't Realized It Yet. Don't Worry, One Day You Too Will See The Light. I'm Super Excited For This Game ~*@*~

MAXrobo
Aug 2, 2011, 11:32 PM
No Last Baron is right, this definitely going to be the best game ever.

NoiseHERO
Aug 2, 2011, 11:34 PM
Just make sure my outfits don't suck, then yeah sure (Yeah that's right I hate all of the current outfits released.)

BIG OLAF
Aug 2, 2011, 11:35 PM
Ohh, I think this thread is supposed to be trolling people. I get it now.

ARASHIKAGE
Aug 2, 2011, 11:58 PM
PSO2 > Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Half-Life 2, Super Mario Bros. 3, World of Warcraft, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Street Fighter II, Goldeneye 007, Resident Evil 4, Tetris, Final Fantasy VII, Metal Gear: Solid, Grand Theft Auto III, Super Mario Kart, Super Metroid, Chrono Trigger, Halo: Combat Evolved, Tecmo Bowl, Mass Effect 2, Pong.

Just for the sake of choosing a side I'm going to blindly agree with the OP, you won me over with your enthusiasm. PSO2 Is Going To Be The Best Game Ever!!!

NoiseHERO
Aug 3, 2011, 12:05 AM
Wait...

PSO2...Or Majoras mask and KH2 and Chrono Trigger and any Megaman and...

I can't do it...

This might be a perfect online game for me, but plot, story, setting, adventure and biased childhood nostalgia won...

Zyrusticae
Aug 3, 2011, 12:08 AM
I Really Do Not Understand This Typing Mannerism.

It Seems Like A Lot Of Effort For Something That Doesn't Improve Your Readability In Any Way.

...I'm So Going To Hell For This.

Vanzazikon
Aug 3, 2011, 12:12 AM
tHIS gAME iS gONNA bLOW.

Kimil Adrayne
Aug 3, 2011, 12:14 AM
Wait...

PSO2...Or Majoras mask and KH2 and Chrono Trigger and any Megaman and...

I can't do it...

This might be a perfect online game for me, but plot, story, setting, adventure and biased childhood nostalgia won...

Only game of those 4 I care for is Majora. Never played Crono Trigger or most Megaman games (Loved Legends though)

Also, Fuck the Kingdom Hearts Series. That is all.

Shinji Kazuya
Aug 3, 2011, 12:16 AM
New trend, huh? I knew PSOWorld wouldn't let me down.

I ShAlL jOIn!

pHantaSY stAr OnLiNe 2 Best GGGGGGGame Ever!!!! It'S nOT eVeN OUt bUt sCrEW IT! bbbbbbbbbbbbbEsTT gAmmE!

Rizen
Aug 3, 2011, 12:26 AM
I'm sensing a meme coming...

Mixfortune
Aug 3, 2011, 12:27 AM
I'm sensing a meme coming...

For some, it's a way of life.

Palle
Aug 3, 2011, 12:37 AM
What Where Is The Bacon, You Said There Would Be Bacon.

StriderTuna
Aug 3, 2011, 12:43 AM
You should be careful about overly hyping a game; you might imagine something no game could ever achieve.

Shinji Kazuya
Aug 3, 2011, 12:45 AM

Bacon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdIT9A8g1v8

MAXrobo
Aug 3, 2011, 12:45 AM
Bacon can never be acheived!? That sucks!

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 3, 2011, 12:47 AM
You should be careful about overly hyping a game; you might imagine something no game could ever achieve.

Yeah, like they did with FFXIII, which was a great game IMO, but let's save that for another thread...

yoshiblue
Aug 3, 2011, 01:51 AM
PSO2 > FFVII

This oh so much

The Last Baron
Aug 3, 2011, 03:28 AM
BTW Guys, I Don't Think I Am Overhyping The Game At All Because All SEGA Is Really Promising Me This Time Is That I'm Actually Going To Have Fun And Enjoy The Game, And Really That's All It Is About.

I'm Gonna Play The Shit Out Of PSO2 When It Comes Out. Who's With Me?

pikachief
Aug 3, 2011, 04:47 AM
I Once Came Across A Person Who Said That There Highschool English Teacher Taught The Students That They Should Type This Way. Which Made No Sense And The Teacher Should Be Fire Because This Is Terrible Grammar. Almost Every Word I've Typed Has Been Grammatically Incorrect.

Jinketsu
Aug 3, 2011, 05:38 AM
I Once Came Across A Person Who Said That There Highschool English Teacher Taught The Students That They Should Type This Way. Which Made No Sense And The Teacher Should Be Fire Because This Is Terrible Grammar. Almost Every Word I've Typed Has Been Grammatically Incorrect.

THEIR

Hotobu
Aug 3, 2011, 05:55 AM
THEIR

I hope that isn't the only error you found.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 3, 2011, 06:06 AM
I'll just leave this right here....

[SPOILER-BOX]LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOL http://www.gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=2627370&t=o (http://www.gifsoup.com/view/2627370/nyah-cat.html) GIFSoup (http://www.gifsoup.com/)[/SPOILER-BOX]

NoiseHERO
Aug 3, 2011, 06:26 AM
Only game of those 4 I care for is Majora. Never played Crono Trigger or most Megaman games (Loved Legends though)

Also, Fuck the Kingdom Hearts Series. That is all.

These are my favorite games, and I liked them before they were cool.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 3, 2011, 06:34 AM
ITT: Pissing in a sea of piss.

Sord
Aug 3, 2011, 06:35 AM
Yellow submarine isn't the only thing that's yellow 'round here.

Skye-Fox713
Aug 3, 2011, 07:03 AM
hmm...wha...is that bacon i smell? I'm still half asleep

NoiseHERO
Aug 3, 2011, 07:05 AM
Guys guys...

Shuddup.

LuckyDay
Aug 3, 2011, 07:16 AM
If they bring back Seabed and Ruins stages, then it'll be the best game ever. We shall see.

r00tabaga
Aug 3, 2011, 08:25 AM
I like bacon on my bacon. If they had bacon in pso2, I Would Probably Shit My Pants! As a matter of fact, they need to add unicorns in this game too. It is fantasy right? Or maybe they should add a unicorn race! I'm all for beasts, but how about manicorns!!! Then This Would Be The Best BEST Game Ever!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_QRkWmLt3pbQ/TAF8Y99jnWI/AAAAAAAAAz8/kYg2b6axjVU/s1600/manicorn.jpg

EvilMag
Aug 3, 2011, 08:47 AM
"This is Gonna Be The Best Game Ever"

Can I borrow your Time machine?

moorebounce
Aug 3, 2011, 09:03 AM
How long did it take you to type that post? You capitalized every word.

Anyway, PSO2 looks very good. But, best game ever? Nah.

Co-signed

Sega is actually doing more than I thought they would at this point. I would've been happy with half the stuff we've seen so far but it just keep coming. It's gonna rock and I love PSO but I wouldn't go as far as saying best game ever either.

condiments
Aug 3, 2011, 09:47 AM

Red Boxes Will Be Replaced By Bacon Icons. Upon Acquiring Bacon, Real Bacon Will Be Dispensed Via Your CD-Tray.

This Is The Future People.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 3, 2011, 09:57 AM
I like bacon on my bacon. If they had bacon in pso2, I Would Probably Shit My Pants! As a matter of fact, they need to add unicorns in this game too. It is fantasy right? Or maybe they should add a unicorn race! I'm all for beasts, but how about manicorns!!! Then This Would Be The Best BEST Game Ever!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_QRkWmLt3pbQ/TAF8Y99jnWI/AAAAAAAAAz8/kYg2b6axjVU/s1600/manicorn.jpg

Great, first someone talks about Bulge Sliders, now we have bronies......

WHEN WILL THIS MADNESS CEASE!?

[SPOILER-BOX] Madness?......

I was going to add a "THIS IS SPARTA" pic, but that would be too mainstream...

That was for you, Michaeru. :lol:[/SPOILER-BOX]

Shinji Kazuya
Aug 3, 2011, 10:34 AM

I like ponnies.

Skye-Fox713
Aug 3, 2011, 10:34 AM
This thread needs more CRASSUS ARMOURED ASSAULT TRANSPORT!!!!!

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2011/5/19/223613_sm-Crassus%2C%20Forge%20World%2C%20Humor%2C%20Imperia l%20Guard.jpg

Shinji Kazuya
Aug 3, 2011, 10:48 AM
PSO2 > FFVII

This oh so much

What's FFVII? o o

condiments
Aug 3, 2011, 10:56 AM
What's FFVII? o o

Some steampunk anime. :-?

Shinji Kazuya
Aug 3, 2011, 11:02 AM
What the hell... steampunk anime > <

Of course PSO2 > FFVII then.

Malachite
Aug 3, 2011, 11:03 AM
Wait, are you serious? I thought you were joking.

You really don't know what FFVII is?

tehhaxorer
Aug 3, 2011, 11:04 AM
I think we all have high hopes for this game, but only once it comes out should we really be making the decision of its quality.

Is there a release date yet?

how about now?

did they post it yet?

//impatient//

Malachite
Aug 3, 2011, 11:06 AM
I'm pretty sure it's already been confirmed that PSO2 is going to be the most terrible game ever.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 3, 2011, 11:08 AM

Final Fantasy 7...

Wait, are you serious? I thought you were joking.

You really don't know what FFVII is?

Lol

I think we all have high hopes for this game, but only once it comes out should we really be making the decision of its quality.

Is there a release date yet?

how about now?

did they post it yet?

//impatient//

Agreed....and disagree.

I'd rather -Censor- for a -Censored- title than get my hands on a -Censor- -Censor- of -Censored- (for the tykes.)

-Censor-, Sega, first PSU, then the forums!? REALLY!?

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 3, 2011, 11:09 AM

I kinda liked FFVIII better but, meh.

r00tabaga
Aug 3, 2011, 11:16 AM
I kinda liked FFVIII better but, meh.

Am I the only one here who's never touched a Final Fantasy game? As a matter of fact, I only play sports, FPS & fighting games. Phantasy Star is the only rpg I've ever liked. It will also be my 1st ever PC game purchase. Blue Burst was free.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 3, 2011, 11:20 AM
Am I the only one here who's never touched a Final Fantasy game? As a matter of fact, I only play sports, FPS & fighting games. Phantasy Star is the only rpg I've ever liked. It will also be my 1st ever PC game purchase. Blue Burst was free.

Uh, I dabbled in Final Fantasy 11 and I have 13, but have yet to beat it.

.....Honestly, I don't see all the hype. 13 was probably the most gorgeous game I've seen, but I actually find myself liking PSU better than both 11 & 13.

I've been told they were both bad, compared to the other FFs, but eh. I don't find myself wanting to play them.

condiments
Aug 3, 2011, 11:20 AM

I'm primarily a PC gamer, so by extension I prefer western RPGs(Baldur's Gate 2, Fallout 1, PS:T) over JRPGs. I haven't played many FFs, but I did play FF4 for the DS, and the combat in that game was fun(mostly because of the difficulty). Nothing says good gameplay like having to race through various menus to get to your intended spell before you get pulverized to dust.

Ark22
Aug 3, 2011, 11:34 AM
PSO2 > Me

That is pretty amazing...it has beaten me... ALLL HAIL PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2! *bows*

RemiusTA
Aug 3, 2011, 11:39 AM
Final Fantasy VII is the best videogame ever. Before the emo cloud and the OWA BGM spam and the terrible movie storylines.

Fuck the haters.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 3, 2011, 11:41 AM
PSO2 > Me

That is pretty amazing...it has beaten me... ALLL HAIL PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2! *bows*

*hands him a live grenade*

*walks away*

KA-BLAM!!

.....Mission successful.

Anyway, Hoping for the best with Sega here..

Shinji Kazuya
Aug 3, 2011, 11:42 AM
I started playing from Final Fantasy VIII when I was 12 or something so I don't know.

zombiemoshpit84
Aug 3, 2011, 12:37 PM
am i the only one who thinks this will launch with less then 10 maps, c rank weps only, lv 20 cap. and next to no parts/outfits? remember psu much? if this game is as good as it looks its going to be a year at least before its playable... im not paying a sub fee to play a glorified beta AGAIN.

Malachite
Aug 3, 2011, 12:41 PM
It's cool how your speculations are based around facts and actually have some thought behind them.

oh wait...

Ark22
Aug 3, 2011, 12:48 PM
Add a bulge slider, it will then become the best game ever.

Malachite
Aug 3, 2011, 12:48 PM
UGH ENOUGH ALREADY CREEPER.

The Last Baron
Aug 3, 2011, 02:42 PM

Number One, I Think You Need To Learn English Before You Try And Type Another Post.

Number Two, PSO2 Is Gonna Be Number One.

NoiseHERO
Aug 3, 2011, 03:58 PM
Number One, I Think You Need To Learn English Before You Try And Type Another Post.

I thought number one was to learn english.

The Last Baron
Aug 3, 2011, 04:05 PM
I thought number one was to learn english.

It Is Until PSO2 Comes Out

Emmie
Aug 3, 2011, 04:13 PM
Certainly, this game looks promising and I'm actually pretty hyped up for it. However, there is one little detail that could prevent them from obtaining that title.

The (lack of) spines. The girl's backs bend like Gumby.

Also, it seems like the girl's breasts are so heavy that when these ladies stand at rest, their breasts cause them lean back more than a normal human in order to counter-balance the weight.

Oh...I forgot to capitalize every word. Is This Okay? I Don't Feel Like Rewriting My Post.

RemiusTA
Aug 3, 2011, 04:13 PM

Oooooo the irony

The (lack of) spines. The girl's backs bend like Gumbyfacepalm.jpg

Also, it seems like the girl's breasts are so heavy that when these ladies stand at rest, their breasts cause them lean back more than a normal human in order to counter-balance the weight....what?

Malachite
Aug 3, 2011, 04:16 PM
MAN those are some huge upper C lower D boobs there...

Yeah, have you never seen boobs before? lol

RemiusTA
Aug 3, 2011, 04:26 PM
They havent really even shown any characters with significantly huge breasts yet. And even so, their outfits seem to have significant support for them.

They stand that way because the developers wanted them to stand that way. Although the game follows PSO, it seems to be slightly less 100% realistic feeling. The art style is very similar but definitely not identical.

Sienna
Aug 3, 2011, 04:54 PM
Nice to know PSO lore evolves with time as well

The Last Baron
Aug 3, 2011, 05:05 PM
All Games Can Be Judged By The Quality Of Their Boob Physics.

Zyrusticae
Aug 3, 2011, 05:31 PM
MAN those are some huge upper C lower D boobs there...

Yeah, have you never seen boobs before? lol
These (http://pso2.jp/gallery/screenshot/image/element/20110726/ss_30_l.jpg) boobs?

I think they're big Ds, tbh. Cs don't actually stick out from the chest all that much.

In fact, I bet if you were to look at her chest from a side angle, her boobs would be nearly as long as her actual chest...

Sord
Aug 3, 2011, 05:33 PM
Add a bulge slider, it will then become the best game ever.

We also need customizable codpieces with their own primary and secondary colors, plus the option of a logo.

All hail the codpiece

http://i.imgur.com/cefig.jpg (http://imgur.com/cefig)

Malachite
Aug 3, 2011, 05:43 PM
These (http://pso2.jp/gallery/screenshot/image/element/20110726/ss_30_l.jpg) boobs?

I think they're big Ds, tbh. Cs don't actually stick out from the chest all that much.

In fact, I bet if you were to look at her chest from a side angle, her boobs would be nearly as long as her actual chest...

It's just that they have unrealistic perkiness, and a layer of armor above them.

Sord
Aug 3, 2011, 05:44 PM
It's just that they have unrealistic perkiness, and a layer of armor above them.

Couldn't it just be argued that they're being held in place like that via the armor itself? Not like corsets or certain bras actually give a "real" image of how the breasts actually look. I'm not defending the boob sizes, per se, but that kind of argument does at least sound plausible.

/devil's advocate

Malachite
Aug 3, 2011, 05:47 PM
I could argue that it's a videogame and I wasn't really taking it all that seriously lol.

Sord
Aug 3, 2011, 05:49 PM
I don't think anything in this thread is serious. That's also a statement, not an argument.

Malachite
Aug 3, 2011, 05:51 PM
ENOUGH WITH YOUR SEMANTICS.

Sord
Aug 3, 2011, 05:52 PM
ENOUGH WITH YOUR SEMANTICS.

If only there were a way to drag that one out further :disapprove:

Ryna
Aug 3, 2011, 06:13 PM
Phantasy Star Online 2 will undeniably be the greatest game ever! I am so sure of that, there is no need to continue this discussion. Locked for great justice.