PDA

View Full Version : SO, can someone tell how to play PSO, and where to buy it?? (PSO2 AS WELL)

Elijah Fox
Aug 3, 2011, 04:42 PM
I have heard a lot about PSO, and i've decided that now is the time for me to give it a shot. But no matter where I look or who I ask, Im never given solid of step by step info on how to do it.
Im originally a fan of the portable series, but I just want to expiriment a bit. So, any (useful) info will be much appriciated(as well as where to look for PSO2 as well). Thanks:jpsmile:

AlexCraig
Aug 3, 2011, 05:14 PM
PSO: Ebay/Amazon/Internet (Blue Burst)
PSO2: Not out yet

Elijah Fox
Aug 3, 2011, 05:28 PM
So, its, like a CD? Or is it downloaded? And is it only for PC?

blace
Aug 3, 2011, 06:07 PM
There's Dreamcast, Gamecube, Xbox and PC versions, outdated at this point so you'll need to find the game through what AlexCraig mentioned.

There's also PSO BB and it's PC only, currently the US servers have been down for a long while, but there are a few places where it's still hosted. As to where we can direct you is against forum rules.

Dongra
Aug 3, 2011, 10:12 PM
Google has the answers.

MUDGRIP
Aug 3, 2011, 11:28 PM
A recap of the series.

1.pso made its first debut on the dreamcast with version 1 and 2.
2.pso came out with episode1and episode 2 for xbox an gamecube. both episodes are on the disc so you dont have to buy them seperatley. The official online servers for these games are closed.
3.PSO blue burst came out for the PC. This game includes episode 1,2, and 4. The official servers are closed for this game as well. This game can be only downloaded through underground sites and there is an unofficial server for this game.

Elijah Fox
Aug 4, 2011, 12:44 AM
A recap of the series.

1.pso made its first debut on the dreamcast with version 1 and 2.
2.pso came out with episode1and episode 2 for xbox an gamecube. both episodes are on the disc so you dont have to buy them seperatley. The official online servers for these games are closed.
3.PSO blue burst came out for the PC. This game includes episode 1,2, and 4. The official servers are closed for this game as well. This game can be only downloaded through underground sites and there is an unofficial server for this game.

I see. NO Pso BB for me then...
I know PSO2 isnt out yet, but when it is, can I walk in GameStop and buy it(for example, WoW)?or do they have an online website that I should go to for making an account (like runescape, or Spiralknights)? And finally, do I have jo pay a monthly fee to play? Please say no....

blace
Aug 4, 2011, 01:30 AM
The only times I have seen a PS game not having to pay a monthly fee would be the handheld games. Or the original PS games if you want to be technical.

PSO BB is still active just depends on which server you want to try it on. Just don't ask us for info on them though. Also, in most cases, aside from donating a certain amount to be a premium member, it's free.

Mike
Aug 4, 2011, 08:05 AM
The only times I have seen a PS game not having to pay a monthly fee would be the handheld games. Or the original PS games if you want to be technical.
The original version one Dreamcast version was free in the US but was subsciption based in Japan. Can't say for Europe though.

Zipzo
Aug 4, 2011, 09:17 AM
I see. NO Pso BB for me then...
I know PSO2 isnt out yet, but when it is, can I walk in GameStop and buy it(for example, WoW)?or do they have an online website that I should go to for making an account (like runescape, or Spiralknights)? And finally, do I have jo pay a monthly fee to play? Please say no....PSO2 will very likely (keyword likely, as in it's not 100%) have a monthly fee. PSO had one, PSU had one, PSOBB had one...and I'm sure there next flagship sequel will follow suit.

Elijah Fox
Aug 9, 2011, 04:17 PM
Ook, well how much did you have to pay in the previous ones, if you know the answer.

blace
Aug 9, 2011, 05:16 PM
From 5 to 15 if I remember correctly.

SStrikerR
Aug 9, 2011, 05:33 PM
I don't remember any version costing more than $10.

AlexCraig
Aug 9, 2011, 11:00 PM
Gamecube can. Quite easily.

Anon_Fire
Aug 10, 2011, 10:58 AM
Ook, well how much did you have to pay in the previous ones, if you know the answer.

$8.99/month on PSOBB

AlexCraig
Aug 10, 2011, 03:36 PM
PSOBB is free now, but that is due to it being on private servers now.

Elijah Fox
Aug 12, 2011, 03:23 PM
Cool. Well, at least it does not seem out-of-reach for me. Has anyone here ever played any of the PSP series? And if you did, is it very different from the PSP series, or is it somewhat similar in some ways?

blace
Aug 12, 2011, 03:37 PM
The PSP series is based off of PSU and offers a different style of gameplay. Strafing, locking techs to weapons, and class/type change were not part of PSO. So gameplay is different. For example, you choose a HUmar, you can't use techs above 15, TP(PP in PSU) doesn't regenerate unless you're a Newman.

Mirage Blasts, SUV, and Nanoblast were some slight improvements over the games MAG system, where you feed it items to boost your stats, as well as summon. Races were limited to human, android(cast in PSU) and newman.

SStrikerR
Aug 14, 2011, 02:48 AM
Gamecube can. Quite easily.

I'm talking about the subscription fee for online.

Elijah Fox
Aug 16, 2011, 08:58 PM
The PSP series is based off of PSU and offers a different style of gameplay. Strafing, locking techs to weapons, and class/type change were not part of PSO. So gameplay is different. For example, you choose a HUmar, you can't use techs above 15, TP(PP in PSU) doesn't regenerate unless you're a Newman.

Mirage Blasts, SUV, and Nanoblast were some slight improvements over the games MAG system, where you feed it items to boost your stats, as well as summon. Races were limited to human, android(cast in PSU) and newman.

What!? No Beast??

blace
Aug 16, 2011, 09:30 PM
What!? No Beast??
Just the three.

[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.ragol.co.uk/uploads/files/pso02.jpg
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Elijah Fox
Aug 18, 2011, 09:04 PM
Well that sucks. I'd to have a 13 member party of all beasts! That would be awesome to Nanoblast with 12 other people!

SStrikerR
Aug 20, 2011, 07:17 PM
Well that sucks. I'd to have a 13 member party of all beasts! That would be awesome to Nanoblast with 12 other people!

How exactly would you do that? PSO's parties are limited to 4 people. I'm not sure what you're talking about..

Elijah Fox
Aug 21, 2011, 07:36 PM
Well I have been told that you can have up to 14 people in 1 party.

blace
Aug 21, 2011, 09:40 PM
Well I have been told that you can have up to 14 people in 1 party.

PSO is 4 to a party, PSU was 6, PSP is 4 and PSO2 will have 3 parties of 4 able to interact with one another, but still separate parties.

In case you missed some previous threads in the PSO2 board, just the three races from PSO. Maybe in a later update/expansion, but confirmed to be just human, newman and cast.

Zynetic
Aug 21, 2011, 09:41 PM
No. It's 4.

[spoiler-box]http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae327/Diryn/PSO%20Pics/pso1303093076.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Looking at the interface, I wouldn't think that you'd have space for 14 people.

Aerilas
Aug 22, 2011, 11:10 AM
Sure you do, but then you'd have no space to see the enemies, but who needs that :)

Elijah Fox
Aug 22, 2011, 07:47 PM
PSO is 4 to a party, PSU was 6, PSP is 4 and PSO2 will have 3 parties of 4 able to interact with one another, but still separate parties.

In case you missed some previous threads in the PSO2 board, just the three races from PSO. Maybe in a later update/expansion, but confirmed to be just human, newman and cast.

In what ways will you be able to interact with each other?

blace
Aug 23, 2011, 12:10 AM
In what ways will you be able to interact with each other?
Besides lobbies, the party of 4. Kinda like how PSP2 does it, but PSO had actually lobbies where you can meet up with other players and form a party from there. Parties that are formed are brought to the town, much like how PSP2 you're in Clad 6's lobby area.

PSO 2 didn't show much on it's 3 party instances, but has shown 12 people on screen running and doing the same missions together.

Elijah Fox
Aug 23, 2011, 04:41 PM
Besides lobbies, the party of 4. Kinda like how PSP2 does it, but PSO had actually lobbies where you can meet up with other players and form a party from there. Parties that are formed are brought to the town, much like how PSP2 you're in Clad 6's lobby area.

PSO 2 didn't show much on it's 3 party instances, but has shown 12 people on screen running and doing the same missions together.

Sounds like it's gonna be a lot of fun. Sorry for the confusion. Back to subject.

Zorafim
Nov 4, 2011, 02:48 PM
Beasts were created just for PSU, and were based off the original PS Motavians. They were pretty much ripoffs of what newmans are supposed to be though, and because of their inclusion, newmans weren't allowed to shine. They weren't in PSO, because Motavians weren't all that important in that series (other than being an alien native race), while androids, newmans, and of course humans were. It also doesn't make sense in story, where Coral (the homeworld of PSO) didn't have any aliens living in it, and Ragol (where the game takes place) doesn't have any intelegent life.
I think the reason for their exclusion in PSO2 is because they weren't in PSO, and they weren't a big enough hit in PSU to warrant the jump. They also have nearly identical backstories to newmans, so it makes more sense to just fuse the two races.

yoshiblue
Nov 4, 2011, 02:57 PM
As strong as a Cast?
Smarter then a Cast?
Faster then a Cast?

Lord help us all. Newmen supremacy has begun!

blace
Nov 4, 2011, 04:12 PM
Necro bump much?

Naruuchiha1313
Nov 5, 2011, 10:36 PM
The original version one Dreamcast version was free in the US but was subsciption based in Japan. Can't say for Europe though.

I think he was talking about the old old phantasy star, the turn based one on the Sega Master System.